Data missing. Requesting update...

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Endesu
ラムレッダ

Re: Balloon's Flight - Sea Breeze - Koichi Sugiyama

Unread postby Endesu » Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:33 pm

End poked Paper again. This wasn't to be mean, by any means, but rather because the action of poking was one that was addictive.

He looked around. Kumo was certainly done, and seemed to be picking at his food in a somewhat depressing way. While he couldn't completely tell with Kelne, he was sure the former tyrant wouldn't waste too much of his time eating. About the only person who really still seemed to be filling up was the rabbit girl, who looked like she really needed the food. Seriously.

He nodded to Kyle. "I'm definitely ready. Any leftovers you guys have, don' worry, I'll take care of 'em."

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:18 pm

Paper emitted a second chirp, same as the first.

"Thanks again for the food, it was superb. It's good to have foreign food occasionally; you'll have to give Fresca the recipes." said the fencer.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=capntastic>Capntastic</A]&nbsp; Image at: 2/17/06 21:25

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:05 pm

Having little else of a lead to go on, Greg contents himself with Strong Feeling detections on random people in the bar for now.

Uncle Pervy

The Moon of Valmar - Noriyuki Iwadare

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:54 pm

"The nearest port is days away, though," says Marie. She doesn't sound like she's accusing him of lying. "It is odd to hold a celebration and not celebrate, non?"

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Re: The Moon of Valmar - Noriyuki Iwadare

Unread postby Endesu » Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:00 pm

End checked with Kumo and Kelne before he went ahead with his food storing technique. "You guys are done, right?"

He held in his hands a small item of some sort. On closer observation, it appeared to be a bit of a fluffy cloud. He had already seized one of the water coolers, and quite effortlessly shoved it into the cloud object. Apparently, it was some sort of smaller pack.

"And no problem. I've got the cookbook with me, with my other stuff." The Moogle nodded.

At the same end that it had peeked from before, the same bear appeared again, taking in everything. A second bear was near the top, in End's former spot, taking a look at things. A moment later, both bears were gone.

Most of the residents of the tavern were apparently feeling rather mellow, likely due to the alcohol or the rest. A few were anxious, likely to do with the fact that the end of the lunch hour was approaching, and they would have to go to work again...

The moment of rest continued, even as a few additional guards milled into the Tavern. From what Greg could scry, these men were obviously not here for drinks and food. Their mood was much too strict for such frivolities.

A moment later, another man burst into the tavern. And though the guards did their best to stifle him, knowing his intent, he managed to push through and yell it out:

"Someone else was just killed!"

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:20 pm

Surprised at this announcement, especially given the time of day, Greg watches for now, waiting to see if more details will be revealed.

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:13 pm

"It was a guard this time! Poor sod never even--" the man was quickly silenced by one of the resident guards, clearly not wanting to disturb or upset any of the people there.

Clearly, this goal had failed, as the people in the tavern took no time at all to discuss this latest crime. One of the group of guards sighed and walked over to the tavern, jerking the guard that had been sitting and drinking only a moment ago off his seat and onto the floor.

After a bit of muted argument between the two, the formerly drinking guard sighed forlornly, dropped a few coins as tip for the bartender, and stormed over to the small group of guards near the entrance.

The guard that had retrieved him looked to the rest of the people. "As our noisy intruder just informed you, yes, there has been another murder, and it was indeed a guard. Beyond the guard's body being close to the original crime scene, however, there is no connection between this death and the last. We would appreciate your not spreading rumors to the contrary. Thank you."

The bartender, for his part, looked generally unconcerned. He simply scooped up the coins left by the forlorn guard and wiped the counter.

The man who had been seized for spreading the word was let go and shoved out of the tavern, given only a dirty look and a passing warning. The man looked into the tavern for a moment longer, at Gregory specifically for a moment, before taking off.

Edited by: Crawling Reshiki at: 2/21/06 13:18

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:59 pm

Kumo shrugged a bit, pushing the plate away from him. "Yeah. Guess I'm just not that hungry." the little guy mumbled, simply...sullen.

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:06 pm

End proceed to clear up Kumo's plate, shoving the plate and the stuff with it into his cloud holder as well. He repeated his question to Kelne on the surface: "Hey, you done?"

While mentally, he telepathed the sullen, angsty moogle!
Kumo, does this have to do with that demon half thing you never explained? You wanna talk about it? If it's really necessary, I can tell you what happened to me, too. I just wanna know what's up.

Stephen was making good progress on his return trip. He didn't feel much in the way of fatigue, so little niggling things such as exhaustion, sweat, and the like had no effect on him.

As he made his way to Doma, he became increasingly aware of the feeling that he was being watched. A brief look around revealed nothing immediately threatening, so he continued on his path...

And within a few steps of motion, there was a slight squishing noise under foot. He looked down and discovered that he had stepped onto a teddy bear of some sort. He took a tentative step back and watched it for a moment.

It almost immediately began to squirm, but failed to free itself, having been impressed into the dirt ever so slightly. The dragon frowned, unsheathed his blade, and shoved it through the belly of the bear, bringing it into the air.

The bear continued to squirm. Its motions were somehow unnatural, almost... mechanical. His suspicions taking the better of him, he tore the bear off the blade, flung it into the air, and slashed the thing into bits as it fell. Bits of fluff and gears came clattering down.

The dragon eyed the remains with some resentment, shrugged, and continued on his way.

As he moved on, the remains slowly came together and began to scuttle away...

Edited by: Crawling Reshiki at: 2/21/06 15:12

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:01 pm

Kumo blinked a bit, but nodded, mentally replying on his own.

It doesn't really have to do with that, though I'd like to tell you about it at some point. It's just that...I'd heard you were dead. And according to what they're saying, you -were- dead. The wings are a bit of a tip-off. But...I'm guessing you came back for more reason than just saying hello to old friends. I guess I'm just worried about...well, I don't have good experiences with the dead coming back to life. The first time I saw such, it got me possessed.

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:29 pm

Well... End began to telepath back, pausing slightly as he did so. He had a lot to say, but he wanted to say it carefully.

I did die. That's for certain. The way Malachias threw me was set up so that when I landed, I did so head first. That kinda shattered my spinal cord, broke my neck, and alla that. I was even reaped by that little girl, Ayra.

... I guess you could say things changed after that. I'm not really dead anymore... but I'm not really alive, either. I guess I'm alive in the sense that Enlil is, or Estyn, or Janda, or the like, if you get what I'm saying. ... I don't like to mention it much, because I want everyone to thing that I'm the same old End, back to hang out with everyone and have fun. I don't want them to know how different things are, now.

He sighed a bit, and Kumo could definitely see that this topic was depressing the Moogle slightly. And although I did try to come back for just a reunion, the fact that people I wanted to see are missing an' the fact that I've already got a bad feeling about something aren't helping.

But listen, just 'cause I'm depressed... just cause this isn't exactly the happiest of topics doesn't mean it should get you down. I'm here cause I want to be with you folks again. I like you guys, and I don't want to worry or concern you just 'cause I'm here. Okay?

... and whenever you want to talk about your being possessed, I'm ready to listen. I'm here for ya.

As End was telepathing, he remembered meeting someone by the name of 'Teach' during his time 'up there', and though he was tempted to mention it to Kumo, he decided it'd only complicate things moreso. And things were already plenty complicated.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:58 pm

Kelne simply nodded, passing his plate over, "My compliments to the chef," he remarked.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:06 am

Finding the glance suspicious, he leaves a small tip himself, and heads out of the building nonchalantly, trying to find where he has gone, or been taken, after this display.

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:34 pm

End nodded, taking Kelne's plate and shoving it into the cloud holder as well. He had cleared a good bit of the table, but still looked to Marie before he completely finished. "Hey, you done, too?"

"And we're all gonna get moving soon seems ta be the general consensus. So if you wanna come along with Kyle an' me, get ready to move."

As Greg left, one of the guards gave him a look, but nothing more.

Once he stepped outside, he would rather quickly see the man that had announced the status of the most recent killing quite a distance away... and apparently running. Without even a look over his back, the man apparently ducked into an alleyway and disappeared from sight.

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:11 pm

Kyle was all ready for the march home; and was full of joy at the thought of being able to play host for his good buddy End. Of course, he would have to wait until the proper time to inform End of certain things...

Paper continued to stay snug and warm on the moogle's head, deriving glee from the comfort it afforded, and the minor annoyance it caused.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:12 am

Quite conscious of the fact that he doesn't have his sword with him, Greg pops into a closer alleyway first, changing into his old-peasant disguise once out of sight, and doing the hunched shuffle over to the man's alleyway.

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Chase scene!

Unread postby Endesu » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:48 pm

End presumed that Marie was done, since she was apparently too busy stuffing her face to bother replying. He left a bit of extra food at her side but shoved the rest in the cloud holder.
At this point, he was barely aware of Paper's presence, though the slight tinge of birdo claws on the top of his head did get to him a bit. Still, he pushed it aside. Not only was Paper the pet of his buddy, but Paper was also a birdo of goodness.

"Okay, guys, let's get goin'. Can't hang around here forever, right?"

By the time Greg had dressed in his newfound disguise and moved to the alleyway that he had seen the man disappear into, he saw that... well, no one was there.

Further investigation would reveal that a few trash cans in the alleyway had been knocked over, quite possibly as part of a quick escape. A slight trail of trash, presumably from the knocked over cans, led through the alleyway and out into another street...

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Re: Chase scene!

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:42 pm

Kumo nodded, doing his bit to help clean up. Specifically, moving his plate to the side. "Sounds good to me. Lead the way."

We can talk later about depressing things. For now...let's just try and have fun.

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Re: Chase scene!

Unread postby Endesu » Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:01 pm

"Well, since it's Kyle's place, naturally, he should lead, huh?" End looked to Kylitos and motioned for him to set the trail. He looked back to Kelne for a moment to see if he, too, would be following, and finished with a brief glance towards Marie, curious to see if she would stop eating and follow (and possibly continue to bother) Kyle.

Although End didn't reply to Kumo's bit of telepathy this time around, the younger Moogle could tell End was glad to drop the issue for the time being.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Old man-style hobbling does not a chase make :(

Unread postby Idran1701 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:59 pm

He follows the trail as best he can, while watching for anything suspicious along the path.

Uncle Pervy

Skull and Crossbones - Klaus Badelt

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:23 am

Marie had indeed been taking some extra portions, given how much there was, it would have been a shame not to enjoy it fresh.

Afterwards, she keeps up with Kyle on the walk to the ranch, quiet for the time being.

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Trinity - The Introducers.

Unread postby Capntastic » Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:46 am

Kyle was doing some of the things he was best at; walking at a reasonably steady pace, traversing the woods, and navigating the few shortcuts he'd managed to work out during his long stays amongst Doma's majestic arbory. He was so confident at being the leader of this little troupe, that he whistled a little tune he'd picked up long ago in Inustan. It's amazing how little things like that will stick with you.

Paper, being a little thing, was doing an amazing job of sticking to End.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=capntastic>Capntastic</A]&nbsp; Image at: 2/24/06 4:47

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Re: Trinity - The Introducers.

Unread postby Kelne » Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:12 am

Kelne seemed content to amble along at the back of the group. He was mildly surprised that nothing had tried to jump him yet. After all, beginnings aside, he'd been having quite a good day. Typically, this meant something was going to ruin it.

Endesu
ラムレッダ

It's a chase scene if I want it to be, punk.

Unread postby Endesu » Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:36 pm

Despite his old man shuffling, it didn't take long for Greg to make his way out onto the next street. By that time, his quarry had apparently disappeared entirely. It wouldn't have been surprising, either, considering the large crowd of people returning to work at that time. His target could have easily slipped in and assumed the innocent role.

Greg could (futilely) attempt to identify the man amidst the crowd. Or, seeing as how the hour was likely up by now, check back with his guard buddy and see what was going on.

Once End had confirmed that Marie was absolutely finished, he cleaned up her stuff as well. Then, with a simple flick of a fluff of the cloud, the various balloons, chairs, table, and whatnot were all sucked into the cloud receptacle. Paper was also very nearly sucked in, perhaps only saved due to the uncanny grip of its birdo feet.

End made sure to walk up next to Kyle on the way, giving a look back to make sure that everyone was following, specifically checking to see where Kumo had fallen in the procession.

He looked to Kylitos for a moment and proceeded to telepath him. So... you wanna catch up now, or after we get to your place?

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Re: It's a chase scene if I want it to be, punk.

Unread postby Capntastic » Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:08 am

Ah, there'll be plenty of time for that later. Let's just enjoy the walk.

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Re: It's a chase scene if I want it to be, punk.

Unread postby Endesu » Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:18 pm

And so Kyle led the group on a merry jaunt to his house! Since the lunch hour was just about over, there wasn't as much in terms of a lunch crowd... most folks had gotten back to their jobs.

Out of the assembled characters, Kelne was likely the most perceptive amidst them, due to his impending doom sense. And indeed, throughout this jaunt, he would continually get the feeling that they were being watched. Their trip was going fine, yes, but the very hint of an impending threat hung heavy over their heads.

Regardless, the group soon came to Kyle's ranch home. It would naturally be up to Kyle to go to the door, and open it, seeing as how it was his place!

End suddenly looked up. "Huh... ya know, I think I left something back at the forest. My cloud's a little light." Accordingly, he shook the little cloud, frowning a bit. "I'm gonna go check it out. Shouldn't take me more than a few moments."

Anyone who wished to accompany End on this little venture would be welcome to! However, they could also just stay with Kyle as he went on to his ranch. It was their choice.

Edited by: Crawling Reshiki at: 2/27/06 15:20

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Song - Artist

Unread postby Capntastic » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:01 pm

"Alright! I'll tell Fresca to start getting ready for a special guest, and it'll be a big surprise when you show up. It'll be groovy."

And so he gave End a thumbs-up, and motioned for the rest of the party to follow him to the house.

Paper would continue with a life of leisure and comfort atop his Moogly nest.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=capntastic>Capntastic</A]&nbsp; Image at: 2/27/06 23:11

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Re: Song - Artist

Unread postby Endesu » Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:44 pm

End waved to Kyle as he swiftly headed off... with a Paper on his head.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Re: Song - Artist

Unread postby Kelne » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:09 pm

"I might keep you company, End," Kelne said, falling into place beside him. That old sense of impending doom told him that however nice the day might appear, something or other was lurking in the shadows, waiting to strike. Historically, such strikes had often come when End (or someone else, but mostly End) wandered off on his own.

Granted, End had spent a great deal of time on his own, and mostly did alright. It was that 'mostly' that he had a problem with today.

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Impetus

Unread postby Endesu » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:15 pm

End nodded to the former tyrant as he approached him. "Lemme guess... you've got that same bad feeling as always, right? Everything's been fine so far, so I'm pretty sure we'll be good. Usually, by now, things go horribly wrong, and, well, they haven't gone horribly wrong just yet."

The crime scene had been established. It was, once again, near the late Darko's former stand. However, the target was not a simple mind-reader... no, this time, it had been a guard.

Eyewitnesses had reported that the guard had merely dropped dead on the spot, and a full investigation into the second death had already begun...

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Re: Impetus

Unread postby Kelne » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:20 pm

"That probably just means whatever's coming will be all the worse when it finally hits," Kelne said, "Though I would be pleasantly surprised to be wrong."

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:40 pm

"How about betting money that it goes wrong?" The smallest of the group suddenly piped up. "You lose either way, so you've got less chance of karma sticking it to you with -other- people getting hurt."

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:40 am

Greg gives a quick cursory glance over the crowd before heading back into the alleyway. He makes his way back through to the crime scene, watching the guard changing from a distance, as well as any suspicious-looking sorts possibly doing the same thing, and thinking on a way to distract them and gain access to it.

Endesu
ラムレッダ

And so, everything goes horribly wrong.

Unread postby Endesu » Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:46 pm

End sighed. "I guess you're right. That's how the whole Android thing basically turned out. First nothing, then lots of bad things, then the world nearly being destroyed, then the world actually being des... well, you remember it. Anyway."

The Moogle looked back to Kumo, checking to see if he was coming along or sticking with Kyle. Pretty sure of the latter, he simply waved to the younger Moogle. "Maybe so, but we can still pretend t'be optimistic about it. We'll be back in a bit, you guys go chat up with Fresca."

End and Kelne would begin their trip at a fairly good clip. As they did so, they would soon see many guards rushing through town, as if something new had come up. Many of the guards were accompanied with White Mages, suggesting... well, who knows?

"Huh." The Moogle mused. "Wonder if something's new?"

Although Greg would fail to find the man he had been looking for in the crowd, he would quickly discover something on his return trip to the market.

His former guard 'buddy' had apparently been the very guard who had been killed, as he still lay on the ground in a crumpled heap. A circle of guards had taken up position around the body. A White Mage had approached the grounds and appeared to be checking the situation. Naturally, a large crowd had gathered around the scene. It would certainly be difficult to get to the crime scene now.

Edited by: Crawling Reshiki at: 3/1/06 16:12

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Re: And so, everything goes horribly wrong.

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:13 pm

Kumo, it seemed, was full of surprises today, opting instead to stick with the Moogle. He hung back a bit, but he was definitely with the two when he saw the White Mages running by. "Maybe there's someone hurt? Maybe I should check it out...White Mage Credo and all that."

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Re: And so, everything goes horribly wrong.

Unread postby Kelne » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:39 pm

"Well, it wasn't like this earlier," Kelne remarked redundantly, as he thought back over recent events. The city had been relatively quiet lately. Aside from that one thing.

"Apparently there's been a murder recently, this could be more of the same." He shrugged. Any mundane murderer who tried to jump him would regret it. Beyond that, murderers were the Guards' business.

"Still, they seem a bit more stirred up than they should be. Murders might not be particularly common, but they're not all that rare, either."

In response to Kumo's question, he said, "One mage more or less isn't likely to make a difference either way. Still I'm not going to stand in your way if you think you're needed."

Uncle Pervy

Mystic Eyes - Visions of Escaflowne OST

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:44 am

"Having many white mages would probably indicate that many are hurt, non?" Marie says. "And, likely it would mean something capable of doing such damage. Perhaps an accident?"

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Re: Mystic Eyes - Visions of Escaflowne OST

Unread postby Endesu » Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:28 pm

End looked to Kumo and shrugged. "If you wanna go check it out, 's up to you. Just be sure to check back with us later if you do, huh? And be careful."

"A murderer?" End frowned. "Really? I wasn't aware someone was doin' that kinda stuff. Figgers this kinda shit would happen on my day back."

The Moogle looked to Marie and shrugged again. "Maybe. Or maybe they're just gatherin' everyone to tell 'em stuff. Who knows? You just hang out with Kyle and make sure he's okay."

With that, the Moogle made off for the forest with Kelne. Whether Kumo decided to follow the flow of guards and mages or stay with the two was up to the little Moogle. Marie, it seemed, could do as she pleased, though End seemed to be expecting her to stay with Kyle.

It was shortly after End and Kelne left, with or without Kumo or Marie, that a guard arrived at the door of Kyle and Fresca's ranch...

The scene was quickly established, and orders were quickly dispersed. All White Mages within Doman service were to be on immediate standby for any future 'events' that may occur. Given that two murders had occurred in relatively close proximity with each other, there was a chance that more could occur. One could never be too sure...

It had already been established by the White Mage on duty that the guard who had been killed had something lodged in his brain... something that gave off a strong emnation of dark energy. Examination of the head revealed an 'entrance' point, a small hole, somewhere between the eyes.

It was this very scene that Greg would look upon...

Inana had continued her jaunt through Doma, dressed in her White Mage garb. She had increasingly become aware of a rush of assorted guards and mages moving through the city.

It was odd, but she didn't think too much of it. Such things didn't really concern her. No, her mind was most definitely set on other things.

It wasn't long before a figure garbed in a dark red cloak and hood rushed past her. In its hurry, the figure shoved her aside. Inana growled and looked to the hurrying figure for a moment... before sparkles arose!

"Asty! Is that you?! Come back here!"

And so the chase began anew, though the chasee was not even aware of Inana running after him.

And though she was foremost concerned with catching the man in red, Inana noted that the figure seemed to be heading for the forest...

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:23 am

He glances about the gathered guards, looking if the second guard from then is present as well before deciding on a course of action.

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:16 pm

From what Greg could tell, the second guard was present, but not in his former position by the stand. Rather, he had joined the grouping of guards around the general area. Would he try something daring?

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs