Where the Heart Is (Closed freestyle RP)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
User avatar
ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!
 
Posts: 2423
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2002 2:18 pm
Location: Sweden, Baby!

Re: *filler*

Unread postby ChristianC » Sat Jul 12, 2003 3:38 pm

Straw looked over at Daniel as he heard the books drop down on the floor. A bit jerkily he walked over to him.

"<span style="color:#929200;">Hello. Do you need help with that?</span>"


User avatar
FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus
 
Posts: 1865
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 7:11 pm
Location: New England

Eep

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Sat Jul 12, 2003 4:27 pm

Daniel looked up toward the voice, to find himself face to face with the odd man of straw. His face quickly took on a brighter tone of red, as he frantically tried to gather up the books, paticularly the one with the sillouettes.

"OhnoI'mjustfinereallyIshouldhavethemgatheredinamomentbutthank!" Daniel said excitedly to the strawman, still sweating a bit nervously.


User avatar
ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!
 
Posts: 2423
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2002 2:18 pm
Location: Sweden, Baby!

Re: Eep

Unread postby ChristianC » Sat Jul 12, 2003 4:40 pm

"<span style="color:#929200;">...</span>" Straw looked at the man. Even though his face didn't show it, he was very confused.

IM: <span style="color:#929200;">What a strange man.</span>


Kotoki
 

And, finally...

Unread postby Kotoki » Sat Jul 12, 2003 5:38 pm

"Alright," said Kotoki, slightly nervously, "we're going to be leaving soon, so... um... I feel you'd better know that you're not neccesarily going to be fighting anything. That was just put in in case it happens, alright?"

"You see," she continued with a sheepish smile, "our destination is a town called Yamae, west of here, in the foothills of the Shuman mountains. It's my hometown, but I didn't exactly leave under the best circumstances. I'm really not sure what kind of welcome I'll be getting. In addition to that, it seems that nobody's heard anything out of that area in a very long time. I'm not all *that* worried... But I figured that it might be best to secure a group, in case anything's gone wrong."

"We'll be travelling by Chocobo, the expenses for which have already been payed. We probably won't be staying for more than a few weeks. You'll recieve your payment when we return to Doma City. Any questions?"


User avatar
FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus
 
Posts: 1865
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 7:11 pm
Location: New England

Re: And, finally...

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Sat Jul 12, 2003 6:13 pm

"Actually, would it be alright if I brought Forte instead? I've been meaning to take him on longer trips away from the castle so he'll be a bit less um... skiddish. Unless that's a problem?" Daniel asked, wondering in the back of his mind how much Kotoki had heard about said Chocobo's 'panic attacks'. While he waited for her answer, something occured to him briefly.

...Shuman Mountains... say... the castle the king gave me is near the same mountains, but I've never heard word of that village either... not even from one or two travellers to Castle Hyral...strange...




Kotoki
 

Re: And, finally...

Unread postby Kotoki » Sat Jul 12, 2003 9:10 pm

Kotoki smiled at Dan. "No, that's absolutely fine," she said, wondering briefly what was meant by 'skiddish' before dismissing the thought. Daniel was a friend, and if he wanted to bring his own Chocobo, that was just fine.


Choark
 

Wheee =D

Unread postby Choark » Sun Jul 13, 2003 6:51 am

Jenna had crossed her arms and was tapping her right foot impatiently. She was quite looking forward to go out of Doma and playing with a few bandits and wasn't enjoying all this stalling. Why do the old diddies always pitter around anything before doing it?

With a sudden cartwheel and a dance with a spin of her jester cane she asked the room "Are we going yet?" in a very child like tone.


User avatar
ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!
 
Posts: 2423
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2002 2:18 pm
Location: Sweden, Baby!

Re: Wheee =D

Unread postby ChristianC » Sun Jul 13, 2003 10:47 am

"<span style="color:#929200;">Chocobos, miss?</span>" The scarecrow turns it's head (Literally, the head turns) to Kotoki. "<span style="color:#929200;">I'm sorry I don't... know how to ride a chocobo. I have never done it.</span>"


Kotoki
 

Re: Wheee =D

Unread postby Kotoki » Sun Jul 13, 2003 2:29 pm

Kotoki shook her head. "Don't worry about it," she said. "It's not difficult at all. You'll get the hang of it in no time."

She turned to Jenna. "We're leaving soon. When everyone's clear about everything, alright?"


User avatar
Endesu
ラムレッダ
 
Posts: 3060
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

Re: Wheee =D

Unread postby Endesu » Sun Jul 13, 2003 2:38 pm

Astrynax snorted, but stood. "If it's all the same to you, I'll go there by my own means, and not with one of those dirty Chocobos."

With that, he took to stand by the door.. and wait.


User avatar
Jak Snide
 
Posts: 5457
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 7:14 am
Location: London

Re: Wheee =D

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sun Jul 13, 2003 4:11 pm

Jak just sat there, fully prepared to leave. He'd been ready a few hours ago, and just needed to wait for the mercenaries to arrive. Of course, now he was doubting they'd leave for another hour or so, seeing as the animated scarecrow was about as knowledgeable as a newborn goblin.


Kotoki
 

Re: Wheee =D

Unread postby Kotoki » Sun Jul 13, 2003 10:49 pm

"No, it doesn't matter to me," replied Kotoki. "Now, if we're all clear, let's go."

She walked out the inn door, clearly expecting the party to follow her.


Koneko
 

Re: Wheee 0-D

Unread postby Koneko » Mon Jul 14, 2003 10:35 am

Kisera did indeed follow, her mind ablaze with this new information. The world-destroying man "going by his own means?" She knew what that meant. Obviously, he was preparing a little surprise for them; she had better be more cautious than usual... if that was possible.

As for the chocobos, she didn't really trust them either. It was too convenient, them already haivng found a way to get there. And they would have just the right number, too, despite the fact that Asyntrax wasn't taking one... which would mean...

(Read: Kisera followed Kotoki out.)


Choark
 

O_- <-- is kinda what she's doing

Unread postby Choark » Mon Jul 14, 2003 10:55 am

Jenna grabbed hold of Daniels hand and pulled. "Come on then! Its finally time for our love struck adventure to start!" She let go of his hand and purposly skipped past Astrynax and stopped just past him and stared back at him through one open eye as she purposely closed the other.

"So Angst Mytserious Bloke? What ya saying is you can't even ride a Chocobo. I hope your fighting skills are at least as good as your brooding then."

If he had a come back Jenna wasn't giving him time to say it as she had run off checking the street before coming back, then running off to somewhere else (coming back again and so forth).


User avatar
Endesu
ラムレッダ
 
Posts: 3060
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

Oy..

Unread postby Endesu » Mon Jul 14, 2003 11:52 am

Asty rolled his eyes. "Attention span of a bug." He checked with his hand briefly, a thin sheet of ice forming briefly. "This will come to use the next time she decides to smart off."

With that, Astrynax followed. As he followed outside, his steps began to rise into the air before it was made clear that he was levitating..


User avatar
FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus
 
Posts: 1865
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 7:11 pm
Location: New England

*brain freeze* @_@

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Mon Jul 14, 2003 6:57 pm

Sweatdropping slightly at the youngster, Daniel also followed Kotoki out. He wanted to make sure he didn't miss anything important before going to get Forte.


User avatar
ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!
 
Posts: 2423
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2002 2:18 pm
Location: Sweden, Baby!

Re: *brain freeze* @_@

Unread postby ChristianC » Sat Jul 19, 2003 6:35 am

Straw observed as the strange man began levitating.

"<span style="color:olive;">Excuse me,</span>" he began, looking up at him, "<span style="color:olive;">Is that a form of magic, or does it come natural to you?</span>"

: x

*follows Kotoki outside*


User avatar
Endesu
ラムレッダ
 
Posts: 3060
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

Re: *brain freeze* @_@

Unread postby Endesu » Sat Jul 19, 2003 1:28 pm

Astrynax paused briefly in mid-step, and looked down to the Strawman. Try as he might, he could not think of a way to discriminate against this creature, despite the fact that he simply did not like it.

.. it was the face, he was sure of it. Perhaps a fit of unconscious burning in the future would solve that.

"Yes. Yes, it is."

He continued on his way after the MAIN PARTY :D!


User avatar
FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus
 
Posts: 1865
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 7:11 pm
Location: New England

Re: *brain freeze* @_@

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Sun Jul 20, 2003 2:31 pm

"Wark?"

A rather confused looking large Chocobo was led out of one of the stalls in the Royal Stables, fluttering his wings briefly to clear up some misplaced green feathers. Daniel reached up a free hand behind the bird's head, which closed its brown eyes and cooed to the small scritching the Pseudo-Paladin was giving.

"Don't worry Forte, we're just going for a little trip, OK? It'll be nice for ya to get out and about again." Daniel smiled, offering up a nice carrot for the bird.

"WARK!" The bird cawed loudly, the corners of its beak appearing to smile as he happily chowed down on the orangle vegetable.

"Hehehe, and um... hopefully this time we won't have trouble either... like um... the stampede incident last week..." Daniel gulped slightly, recalling the Chocobo's fear induced run through a town's square.

...and then the town library.

...and the public bath house.

....suddenly, Daniel was wondering if this was really a good idea, as he led Forte back into town to meet up wit Kotoki and co.


Kotoki
 

Re: *brain freeze* @_@

Unread postby Kotoki » Mon Jul 21, 2003 12:38 am

Kotoki, meanwhile, led the party in the same direction until they reached the Royal Stables. Chocobos of all colours filled the stalls. She smiled warmly at the group and gestured around. "These belong to a girl who works at the Inn. We've already made the arrangements with her, so you can just choose one and then we'll go."

She looked at Forte for a moment before patting him on the head. "Hello. You're a nice bird, aren't you? He's really cute, Dan. How did you get him?"


User avatar
Jak Snide
 
Posts: 5457
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 7:14 am
Location: London

Re: *brain freeze* @_@

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Jul 21, 2003 10:02 am

Jak strolled past the chocobos, looking them over and, and eventually picked one. He had no great love of the beasts, and couldn't tell how this one was better than that one, or what the different feather colours meant, if anything. In his eyes, they were a way of getting from A to B which meant he didn't have to walk.

Before climbing up onto the saddle, he checked his supplies. One thing he did love about his robes was the ability to hide and stow a small horde in there, if he wished. Meant he didn't have to deal with a pack, or any such thing. A few potions, for both body and mind, enough rations for the trip there, and some spending money. And, of course, his dagger. While it was more of a memento than a weapon these days, he always kept it with him. Just in case, of course.

Now sitting as comfortably as he could, he waited for the others to mount up, and again wished that some normal mercs would have applied for the job.


Choark
 

Choosing the right Chocobo...

Unread postby Choark » Mon Jul 21, 2003 12:16 pm

Jenna inspected each chocobo with a strange military type walk and a clipboard she picked up from Istar knows where. She even had some fake glasses on without any lenses so she could look down upon each chocobo.

"PreeeeSent SELF!" She shouted at one of them, which oddly stepped forward and looked as nervous as a chocobo could. She walked slowly around it and used her jester stick to hit parts of the beast and snapped weird sayings at it.

"Tuck in those wings!"
"Straighten your knees!"
"Stick out that beak!"
"What are you, a troll!? Try to at least look intelligent son!"

"Where you from!?" And with this question she seemed to check something on her empty clipboard. "Tel'mar!? A northern chocobo eh? You know there's only two types of chocobo from Tel'mar, Poofs! and snow eaters! And you sure don't look like no pansy snow eater do you!?"

"Wark?" The was all the chocobo could do to respond.

"So you're saying ya a poof!? They're ain't no room for some queer ass black winged chocobo on this journey!"

"Wark!"

"Did I say you could talk!? DID I!? Seems to me your some poofy 'bo who wants to go out camping with all the other nice Doman ass 'bo's and get himself a nice man to snuggle by? Is that what you want son?"

"WARK!"

"Oh? And you're going to prove this? You black yellow beaked chicken livered, nose picking, goosed kneed, white eyed, sissy, FAT poof of a Chocobo who I wouldn't even let lick the excrement off my brothers feet after a run through the slug mines!?"

"WARK WARK!"

"Damn right!"

Sudden Jenna jumped on the chocobo, which no seemed very rattled up and raring to go and prove something and strangely didn't mind the young insulting girl no his back.

"I got my one!" She told the rest with a purposely cute smile.


Kotoki
 

Re: Choosing the right Chocobo...

Unread postby Kotoki » Mon Jul 21, 2003 2:37 pm

Kotoki stared at Jenna for several moments, a disturbed expression on her face. "Alright," she said slowly. "Um... That was definitely... unique..."


User avatar
FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus
 
Posts: 1865
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 7:11 pm
Location: New England

Uh oh =D

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Wed Jul 23, 2003 9:27 am

"Well, that's a funny story actually, hehehe." Daniel smiled nervously, rubbing the back of his head, "He sorta found me, during my first few weeks working at the Castle. See, a chocobo had escaped from the stables and..."

Daniel was then promptly interrupted by Jenna's "inspection", sharing the same bewildered look as Kotoki.

"....that was different all right." Daniel though, starting to turn around, "Good thing you don't have to worry about her, right For..."

"............"

"....Forte?"

The large bird was nowhere in sight, the Pseudo Paladin turning around to see where the bird had gone off too. As he did, Daniel looked down, and realized why he was unable to see the large Chocobo. Forte was currently crouched down behind him, covering his own face with his wings, shivering beneath his feathers. Daniel sighed and turned back around toward the group, sweating a bit nervously.

"...he really isn't always like this. Really."

"........."

"....most of the time...."

".........."

".....sometimes, heh."

Bloody hell... Daniel thought to himself.


Koneko
 

I apologize for the massive suckage of this post. Money plz?

Unread postby Koneko » Thu Jul 24, 2003 11:39 pm

Kisera raised an eyebrow. These things understood common? Well, that wasn't natural. Oh no, not good at all.

Well, they couldn't actually be chocobos, then. And they wouldn't be demons or anything of mythical proportions, because that would just be "too" obvious.

...a thought struck her like an arrow to the ear. Were they... human? Humans who had... known too much?

Kisera spoke soothingly to the one nearest her, trying to get any information that she could.

"WARK!" was all her interrogation got her. Right, right, she thought to herself. That was the whole point of making them chocobos.

With a sidelong glance, she mounted it gracefully, sitting with both legs on one side. She was wearing robes, after all.

And she was going to get the answers she needed.


Kotoki
 

Re: I apologize for the massive suckage of this post. Money

Unread postby Kotoki » Fri Jul 25, 2003 1:02 am

The chocobo beneath Kisera was a rather small bright pink one, which staggered slightly under her weight before righting itself. "Wark," it said quietly.

"Oh!" exclaimed Kotoki in surprise as she noticed it. "It's Bran-Bran! He's all grown up!" She ran over and patted his head. "Hello, Bran-Bran. How are you?"


User avatar
Endesu
ラムレッダ
 
Posts: 3060
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

Re: I apologize for the massive suckage of this post. Money

Unread postby Endesu » Sun Jul 27, 2003 5:02 am

Astrynax simply floated to the dirt and muttered, somewhat impatient from the 'extravagant' amount of time being taken here. They were boarding dirty, smelly, idiot birds with beak complexions and miscreant attitudes for transportation.
No reason to spend an hour or more on these wastes of feathers..

Of course, he had no choice but to wait. He could still bitch about it to himself, though.


User avatar
KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?
 
Posts: 2656
Joined: Tue May 07, 2002 7:21 pm
Location: Calgary

Computer of teh non-workage. Whatcha gonna do?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Wed Jul 30, 2003 11:49 pm

<span style="color:green;font-family:comic sans ms;">Kobakk eyed every bird in the joint. His breath heaved, his fangs dripped ever so slightly. His eyes even had a touch of glow to them. As he walked past them all, feathers were ruffled as each of them startled at the frightening visage. Save for one.

It was a silver animal, smallish. It didn't even seem to be able to hold someone of Kobakk's bulk. But it stood, fearless, unshaken by the ork's intimidation.

"This one will do."
</span>


Kotoki
 

That's alright. We understand.

Unread postby Kotoki » Wed Aug 06, 2003 11:00 pm

Kotoki smiled at Kobakk, then turned her attention to Straw. "Are you having trouble finding a chocobo?" she asked. "Do you need some help, maybe?"


User avatar
Endesu
ラムレッダ
 
Posts: 3060
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

Re: That's alright. We understand.

Unread postby Endesu » Wed Aug 13, 2003 1:29 pm

And still he bitched to himself! :D!

This had been the longest he had been forced to wait on these stupid birds, and this made the matter no better. In fact, it made the matter worse! He was prepared to ask if those gathered there would want roasted Chocobo as a meal for the night, but he had to remind himself that he was not going to go berzerk in a case where there was no need.

Well, no need in the eyes of others, of course. Back to waiting he went.


User avatar
FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus
 
Posts: 1865
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 7:11 pm
Location: New England

Re: That's alright. We understand.

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Thu Aug 14, 2003 11:44 am

Daniel shifted the sachel by his side, waiting for the party's business in Doma to get settled. He thought to himself about where they were going, and what may lay in wait there. If something dangerous had happened, would Doma be safe? Would his own home at Castle Hyral be safe, being so close to their destination? Unfortunately, he would not know until they arrived, so his thoughts turned to more important things.

...Goddess... I hope Kyra won't go mad watching the little ones by herself. Daniel thought to himself.

Edited by: FF Fanatic 80&nbsp; Image at: 8/14/03 11:45 am

Kotoki
 

Sorry for the wait...

Unread postby Kotoki » Tue Aug 19, 2003 1:39 pm

Kotoki, hopping onto a chocobo herself, looked her party over once and nodded in satisfaction. "Alright, everyone. Let's get going!"

Having spoken, she rode off in a westernly direction. Clearly the group was expected to follow.


User avatar
Endesu
ラムレッダ
 
Posts: 3060
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

Re: Sorry for the wait...

Unread postby Endesu » Tue Aug 19, 2003 11:16 pm

"FINALLY. Perhaps there IS a God above that is not a total bastard dog."

Asty levitated upwards by a notch and began to follow aside 'toki and the others, looking forward to getting on with this job at last.


User avatar
Jak Snide
 
Posts: 5457
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 7:14 am
Location: London

Re: Sorry for the wait...

Unread postby Jak Snide » Wed Aug 20, 2003 2:55 pm

Jak smirked to himself as he watched Asty, then followed after Kotoki himself, sharing the his fellow black mage's relief that they were finally off.


Koneko
 

More suckage ensued. Was I supposed to arpee the chocobo?

Unread postby Koneko » Wed Aug 20, 2003 7:03 pm

Oh no. She wasn't going to get ambushed. She wasn't going to get trapped. She had them figured out, you see.

Kisera took off on her chocobo, muttering, trying to stay behind Kotoki. Once the others had followed, she would swing back and keep an eye on them all.

The game was afoot.


Choark
 

Only if you like going "Kwee"

Unread postby Choark » Thu Aug 21, 2003 3:14 am

Jenna headed to the main group and as she moved to them, most of the Chocobo's bowed there heads to the Chocobo she was riding on, like it was going on some death march.

The young Vampire half didn't say much but bounced on the Chocobo happily, grinning, like a child riding on a donkey at the seaside for the first time ever.


User avatar
FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus
 
Posts: 1865
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 7:11 pm
Location: New England

Re: Only if you like going "Kwee"

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Thu Aug 21, 2003 7:46 am

Now, most people would have the sense of mind to realize that this angsty mysterious bloke was simply venting due to stress, and it wasn't necessary or desireable to comment on his words. One would also think that Daniel of all people, considering how 'civil' his sibling Stephan is at times, would be one to know this. But as the Pseudo-Paladin rode past Astrynax, Forte shivering nervously at the intimidating man, Daniel felt he had to speak up.

"Um... sir, I realize this isn't exactly the msot fun thing to do, waiting around and whatnot, but could you please not indirectly insult my Goddess? ^.^;" He said with a nervous polite smile.


User avatar
Endesu
ラムレッダ
 
Posts: 3060
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

Re: Only if you like going "Kwee"

Unread postby Endesu » Fri Aug 22, 2003 3:02 pm

Astrynax remained silent for a moment longer before turning a direct eye to Daniel, looking him up and down for a moment before making a slight snort.

"Paladin? Oh, don't mind my words at all, then, 'holy one'. I am only a simple mage whose luck has been figuratively fucked in the ass by both the physical and the astral worlds. I have no reason at all to be bitter or resentful about those who may or may not have been responsible for my utter lack of ability to pass on into the next world, as I should've some time ago, and instead should whimper and beg them to make me a loyal footstool, upon which they can engage their own indulgent whimsies of power and conceited ability."

Asty cleared his throat a second, and then turned back away.


Kotoki
 

Re: Only if you like going "Kwee"

Unread postby Kotoki » Sat Aug 23, 2003 12:51 am

Kotoki, picking up the conversation Daniel and Astrynax were having, rode back slightly to meet them on the road. She gave the mage her best polite smile.

"Sir?" she asked, in a tone of voice usually reserved for customers. "I appreciate that it's your perogative to be as bitter as you'd like. I really can't stop you, after all. I also can't tell you not to disrespect the beliefs of others. However, as long as you're in my service, I think it would be nice if you could get along with everyone in the group, and be civil to them. Please?"

She turned to Dan. "Sorry, I know this isn't my business... I just don't want any... you know, bad feelings." Jenna was going to be trouble enough.


User avatar
Jak Snide
 
Posts: 5457
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 7:14 am
Location: London

Re: Only if you like going "Kwee"

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sat Aug 23, 2003 12:56 am

Another smirk creeping onto Jak's lips. While this trip would almost certainly be abound with moronity, it'd be amusing from time to time. And besides, Kotoki would keep everyone in line with her polite requests and civility.

If not, then he'd blast the offending idiot off the face of Gaera. At least that's what he told himself.


PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron

Yalogank