Night at Childs Manor, 2.0

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
User avatar
Endesu
ラムレッダ
 
Posts: 3056
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

>:!!

Unread postby Endesu » Tue Jun 22, 2004 5:50 pm

The old woman looked coldly at the house for a few moments in utter silence, almost seeming oblivious of their presence in lieu of the mansion just ahead. As she kept this frozen look on her face, the storm clouds overhead began to pick up, a burst of thunder cracking in the distance, beyond the trees.

The awkward silence was broken by Mistress Childs again as she addressed Sam and Lisa, seemingly looking over the two other children, and gave a smile that, while bearing the typical warmth as before, had an odd hint of coldness to it.

"Just follow me, dears, we'll be entering soon."

She made her way to the front of the house, a well-carved flight of stairs leading to a single pair of engraved wooden gates, both majestic in their simplicity. All she needed was a single tap for the gate to open at her behest, and she led the four inward.

The house inside seemed partially dark; much of the (now darkening) light in this entrance area seemed to come from the windows, yet there was enough to see the area: it was a simple 'hub' area of sorts.

She closed the door, sealing them in..

Just overhead there was a balcony, leading off from a flight of stairs near the edge of the room. It was impossible to tell just what was up there at this point, though. A table and a few chairs were here, as was a chandelier just overhead, and another door, apparently to some of the rest of the house, just beyond this table. The chandelier gave off light dimmer then that which came through the windows, yet it betrayed the various paintings that decorated the room. Each was brimming in authentic detail and style, making it impossible to tell whether they were fake or not.

As she led them inward further, a policeman, dressed in uniform, approached her from seemingly out of nowhere. "Excuse me, Mrs. Childs? Will you be assisting me in my investigations now?"

"Oh.." The woman's face turned slightly bitter once more. "Of course. Children, if you would be seated.." She indicated the chairs and table just by the door. "I must help this gentleman with his silly case. Never stopping to bother an old woman."

"Now, Miss Childs, I'm sorry about this, but we have been assigned a warrant to search the house.."

"That's quite all right, Lieutenant, I understand. Let us go find Mister Childs, and he can help us." She indicated the door, and he went to it, opening the door, and entering.

Mistress Childs, without a word, followed, and closed the door behind her, leaving the four children completely alone.


User avatar
Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC
 
Posts: 848
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2002 9:36 pm

Something's fishy...

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:19 am

Chris was more than a little dumbfounded at the 'investigations' that were taking place...and decided to voice a suspicion.

"I might be stupid for suggesting this...but does anyone else think it's a bit suspicious that there's police at this oh-so-wonderful home we're supposed to be staying at? I'm getting the feeling we've been taken for chumps..."


Blaze Yamato Spirit
 

Re: Something's fishy...

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Fri Jun 25, 2004 8:55 am

'Well I'm not exactly getting great vibes from this place right now.' Sam muttered in response.

'It's so big and dark. The storm didn't help, of course. What do you think the warrant is for?'


SALSAlys
 

Re: Something's fishy...

Unread postby SALSAlys » Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:17 pm

Lisa shrugged, huddling in on herself.

"Dunno. She's just... cold." Then she gave a nervous giggle.

"They weren't treating her like they thought SHE had done anything bad, but maybe the house is big enough that something or someone's hiding on it."

Her imagination promptly spawned a host of horrors.

Aw, nuts. I think too much. I'll probably get NIGHTMARES when I go to bed.


User avatar
Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC
 
Posts: 848
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2002 9:36 pm

Bubba dubba.

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Sun Jun 27, 2004 11:24 pm

Chris shook his head, obviously thinking the worst.

"Or...what if a murder took place here? I don't think she's a minor cop...and where are the servants? Miss Childs obviously doesn't do everything herself...for one thing, she'd break her legs trying to walk from one side of the building to the other."


User avatar
Endesu
ラムレッダ
 
Posts: 3056
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

.

Unread postby Endesu » Sun Jul 11, 2004 6:23 pm

Obviously, Ms. Childs was not going to be returning any time soon.

They could try to go through that very door she had gone through, but they would have no idea as to where she had gone. The house was big, so it would be easy to get lost without proper direction...


SALSAlys
 

>:

Unread postby SALSAlys » Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:09 am

Lisa shivered, then reached for the door handle, stepping in.

"Look, at least we can wait inside. I really don't want to be out here as it gets dark."

All the newly spawned nightmares she had guaranteed THAT.

"Maybe we can ask a servant where our rooms are, or where we can get dinner or something."


FlamingDeth
Moderator
 
Posts: 2128
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:54 am

Re: >:

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:27 pm

(End needs to GM more, so that I know to bother looking here. Also, I thought they were inside already.)

Taking one of the seats near the entrance, Fuller turned to the other children.

"You're all being irrational. This was probably just some recent breakin attempt. This house does appear to have valuables in it, you know, and we were scheduled to come here, we weren't just picked up with minutes notice. Someone could have easily just broken in here last night. I'm sure it's just a coincidence."

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=flamingdeth>FlamingDeth</A] at: 8/3/04 9:29 pm

Blaze Yamato Spirit
 

Re: >:

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sat Aug 07, 2004 2:59 pm

'Probably.' Sam conceded, sitting down. 'But I can't help getting the willies anyway. I've never seen a place as big as this, let alone lived in one. It'll take some adjusting.'


User avatar
Endesu
ラムレッダ
 
Posts: 3056
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

Hey, I'm posting to this RP. How about that!

Unread postby Endesu » Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:38 am

At that chance moment, a sudden crack of thunder went down overhead, and the entire house suddenly became a lot darker. The room became near pitch black, and a further, odder series of crashing noises apparently coming from deeper within the house soon followed.


SALSAlys
 

Re: Hey, I'm posting to this RP. How about that!

Unread postby SALSAlys » Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:57 am

Lisa barely bit back a yelp, nearly slamming the door shut as soon as the last person was in.

"Power's out!"

She almost immediately felt silly for mentioning something so obvious, but reached out blindly for one of the others.

"Let's go on in, try to find someone."


Blaze Yamato Spirit
 

Re: Hey, I'm posting to this RP. How about that!

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:23 am

'No, let's stay here.' Sam countered. 'Miss Childs knows we're here and if the power's out for ages we could get completely lost in a house as big as this.'

He paused for a second.

'And who just touched my hand?'


SALSAlys
 

Re: Hey, I'm posting to this RP. How about that!

Unread postby SALSAlys » Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:17 pm

"...I think that was me. If it was someone else, we've got problems," Lisa commented, gingerly squeezing before releasing as she let her eyes adjust to the dark.

"Seriously, I don't LIKE just staying put in one place."


FlamingDeth
Moderator
 
Posts: 2128
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:54 am

Re: Hey, I'm posting to this RP. How about that!

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:42 pm

"...what do you SUGGEST we do, then?" asked FUller blandly. "Blindly grope around the house until we run into someone, and possibly a door?"

"You might not like it, but that hardly means it's a bad course of action."


User avatar
Endesu
ラムレッダ
 
Posts: 3056
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

Lightning

Unread postby Endesu » Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:32 pm

A crack of lightning flashed, illuminating the room for just a moment, effectively screwing with the adjustment of their eyes to the darkness! However, they soon discovered something else - Chris had managed to disappear during that short amount of time.

A further series of crashes emnated from deep within the house, and at this point, it was clearly obvious that the noises were coming from just beyond the door that Lisa had just opened.


SALSAlys
 

WAH!

Unread postby SALSAlys » Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:32 am

"Chris? CHRIS!" Lisa called, squeezing her monkey tightly. "Chris, come out! IT ISN'T FUNNY!"

By now, her eyes were squinched shut; really, she figured the lightning was going to screw up her adjustment anyway, and as long as she stayed put, it wasn't as though she was going to get lost.


Blaze Yamato Spirit
 

Re: WAH!

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:45 am

'Holy...'

Sam prevented himself from swearing out loud, though he still thought it. If this was some knid of joke on the part of the other boy, it sure as hell wasn't funny.

'Chris, you eejit, get back out here!'


User avatar
Endesu
ラムレッダ
 
Posts: 3056
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

Re: WAH!

Unread postby Endesu » Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:36 pm

There was no response as an even louder crack of lightning went on overhead. The entire house nearly shook in its presence, and as the last bit of light once again disappeared, the door was now entirely open.

The crashing sounds from deep within the house had now ceased. Everything deeper inside was deathly quiet.


FlamingDeth
Moderator
 
Posts: 2128
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:54 am

Re: WAH!

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:02 pm

"M-maybe she has...cats..." mumbled Fuller trying to think of a logical reason that the door would be open without anyone making themselves known to the children.


SALSAlys
 

Re: WAH!

Unread postby SALSAlys » Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:49 pm

Lisa cracked one eye open at first, then both.

"Chris, COME BACK HERE!" she shouted, stuffing King firmly into her overalls before grabbing Sam's hand, then Fuller's. She gave quite a firm yank to them both as she proceeded through the doorway.


FlamingDeth
Moderator
 
Posts: 2128
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:54 am

Re: WAH!

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:13 pm

Fuller stumbled along as Lisa dragged him through the door, quite startled that something suddenly grabbed him out of the dark in an unfamiliar, decidedly spooky location.

"GAH! Leggo of me!"


SALSAlys
 

Re: WAH!

Unread postby SALSAlys » Wed Sep 01, 2004 6:20 pm

"Don't want to lose track of you guys!" Lisa shouted right back.


Blaze Yamato Spirit
 

Re: WAH!

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:20 am

'Lisa, this is stupid!' Sam said sharply. 'You have no idea where you're going, you're going to get us lost and that's gonna get us in trouble!'


User avatar
Endesu
ラムレッダ
 
Posts: 3056
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

Entering darkness...

Unread postby Endesu » Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:20 am

The hallway leading from the lobby was dark. Very dark. None of the bare light, which made the front lobby somwhat visible, dared not enter into here, apparently - leaving the trio, Lisa especially, in total darkness.

Somewhere off to their immediate right was an object just barely registering as a 'door' in the dark. Just ahead, beyond said door, there seemed to be a window of some sort, though it was too dark for it to be of any use. What was ahead from there could not be seen. At least, not in this darkness.


SALSAlys
 

Re: Entering darkness...

Unread postby SALSAlys » Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:10 am

Lisa gave an audible gulp, clutching their hands tightly.

"Look, we already lost the lil'un, but even though it's dark, if we keep our way.... I mean, the house's big, but there are LOTS of adults and even if we DO get lost they'll find us again..."

Even so, she didn't sound sure, but crept forward towards what appeared to be a door.


User avatar
Endesu
ラムレッダ
 
Posts: 3056
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

Rockin

Unread postby Endesu » Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:19 am

And there just happened to be a door along the side of the hallway! Creeping along towards it, she would soon find that there happened to be a knob of some sort, most likely for opening the door.

As this thought likely crossed her mind, there came the sound of what appeared to be stone tumbling and falling, cracking on a hard surface. This sound emnated once or twice and was then silent.

For about a moment. After which, the sound repeated...

Crawling Reshiki at: 9/9/04 12:29 pm
[/i]

Blaze Yamato Spirit
 

Re: Rockin

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Thu Sep 09, 2004 12:56 pm

'This is...' Sam sounded frightened. He swallowed, controlled the tone of his voice. 'I say we go back. Maybe even go outside again. I don't like being in this house with no light.'




SALSAlys
 

Re: Rockin

Unread postby SALSAlys » Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:32 pm

Lisa felt cold prickles running down her spine, and stopped abruptly. Her grip on the boys tightened.

"...don't want to be outside either... maybe just in the foyer..."

That said, she began slowly creeping back.


User avatar
Endesu
ラムレッダ
 
Posts: 3056
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

Re: Rockin

Unread postby Endesu » Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:20 pm

*Lisa and Sam are now at <span style="color:purple;">PURPLE</span> health.*

At this point, the noises continued! Backing up caused the emnation to slowly lessen. Backing up entirely into the 'main area' of the house caused the noises to cease. This is due to the fact that the characters were not close to the room!

However, they were now back at square one.


FlamingDeth
Moderator
 
Posts: 2128
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:54 am

Re: Rockin

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:58 pm

Fuller, on the other hand, remained next to the door.

"Come on..." he said back to the other children, trying to keep his voice even. "I'm sure that Mistress Childs wouldn't bring us here if it wasn't safe. It's...it's probably just someone trying to get the power back on, or a pet."


User avatar
Endesu
ラムレッダ
 
Posts: 3056
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

*Defies the fates*

Unread postby Endesu » Sat Sep 25, 2004 5:31 pm

The tumbling noise came to a halt, once again.

A moment passed... and the noise continued. It honestly sounded rather automatic, on a further listening, as if a machine were controlling it.


Previous

Return to Other RPs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron

Yalogank