Dragonlock: Erain Legacy

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
geoc
 

Re: Re:Doink

Unread postby geoc » Tue Jun 01, 2004 1:53 am

After the violent shaking from the demonic. Jerry thought for a second. "Hmm... I probably just should've given him this." He thought as he withdrew his second of three knives. There was a teribly long story as to why he carried only three. I think I'll tell it. Well the abridged version at least.

Three knives was enough to take out anything. Or at least do enough so that he could get another knife back.
-end

He peeked his head up to get a little look at things. He spotted the robot with his knife, and decided the robot should have a pair. He threw his last knife as hard as he could. "Hopefully that demonic'll calm down after all of this."


The Great Nevareh
 

*TING*

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:01 am

*TING*
This sound is almost audible as Caija, albeit belatedly, comes back to reality. She immediately steels her face and pulls out a menacing-looking orb with a little prick on the top and proceeds to try to throw it at TED'Caash. "Grenades! Pull the pin out of the top you jumped out of the plane I can't fly!" She then shakes her head and starts yelling once again, this time throwing a grenade out with all of her strength, still unprimed.
"Pull the pin out and lodge it in something! Then run away!" The grenade barrels out of the helicopter toward the Demonic as Caija then reaches into her clothes and starts pulls out a handgun with what appears to be a bevy of modifications on it. She pulls out something else and slaps it onto the handgun, this little thing appearing to be a clip with an exclamation point on it, and starts to take aim at the robotic suit.


wkz
 

MMMmm... Toast... Anyone got some ham?

Unread postby wkz » Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:46 am

TED'Caash almost did not hear Caija, and he watched as she threw something out of the helicoptor. He decided whatever it was, it would be much better going empty-handed against the assilant.

He dived low, caught the object expertly while looking around for the suit. A blazing bolt of energy announced its position, and he watched as Ryu continued to perform the ballet of death in the skies. Putting both his hands in front of him, he pushed with all the strength in his wings, skimming the waves as he shot forward like a bolt towards his target.

At the same time, another part of him puzzled at the grenade he held in his hands. He had heard of grenades, but: "How is such a small object going to make a difference? Let's hope it does... here goes..." And TED'Caash flared his bat-like wings, rising speedly and sharply upwards towards the suit.


RyuKurai000
 

I am so late... Sorry!

Unread postby RyuKurai000 » Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:35 pm

The mech suit prototype turned its gun somehow, leaving a muzzle with circular holes pointed at Ryu. "What in the-" He started as the gun began to fire. it hit his body over and over, shredding his clothes wherever it hit. And they hurt. It only took about three of them to break through his scales, to where they could do some real damage. After about three seconds of fire, it suddenly stopped. Ryu clutched his arm, which was dripping a very dark red blood, and glanced at the machine. It had a knife embedded in the joint of its gun-arm, and it had locked up so as not to blow its own arm off. It removed it just as Ted'Caash started to come up from below the suit.


Amongst all the confusion, Sigil had been preparing a spell. "Hold on to your hats, because this ride is about to get a jolt!" He said as he moved his hand out towards the suit. He aimed for one of the knives, Hoping the current of eletricity coming out of his hand would be able to hit the inner circuitry, but, unfortunately, these were throwing knives, and due to the wood handle, all he did was catch fire to it. "Damn. Lemme try something else..." He said as he ducked back into the inside of the aircraft.


The Great Nevareh
 

Hoogoobadah and ka-BOOM!

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:51 am

"You need a hole in the armor? Let's try for a hole in the Armor!"
She's still aiming her over-sized handgun at the suit, trying to take aim at it while the helicopter continues to patter about. After a couple of seconds she takes a cylinder from the inner recesses of her clothes and affixes it to the gun where the chamber normally goes, and arms the weapon so that the bullets from the clip marked ! are now entering the firing chamber. She is aiming in an attempt to fire at the suit and miss her more aerodynamic comrades.


geoc
 

Re: Hoogoobadah and ka-BOOM!

Unread postby geoc » Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:29 pm

"Shizznat... Only one left. Well... After this it looks like I might have to get creative."

Jerry took a quick lookey around the cab of the helicopter. "Hmm... It hasn't been that long since my last really hard mission, I should be able to do it." Jerry set his hand on the top of the chair in front of him. And launched himself at the side wall (away from the robot). "Now this is where it'll get trickey" He thought.

He put one hand on the top of the doorway, and kicked himself off holding on for a spilt second to the doorway, so that his feet went first. Hoping that he could land on the robot with his feet on it's shoulder and enough fource his last knife deep in it's throat using his own momentum and a bit of his own strength.


RyuKurai000
 

Re: Hoogoobadah and ka-BOOM!

Unread postby RyuKurai000 » Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:26 pm

TGN: With TED'Caash coming up fast, you could probably make the shot, but the explosion might hit him.

geoc: As you fly in, the suit turns to look at you just as you land on it.


The Great Nevareh
 

A time for decision-making.

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:59 am

Caija thinks for a moment, then decides that it would be best if she were to conserve her vastly expensive and difficult to obtain armaments. She lowers her incredibly odd-looking weapon and watches to see if the grenade will do anything.


wkz
 

Re: A time for decision-making.

Unread postby wkz » Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:24 am

TED'Caash ignored the fallen ryuii, who was spiralling downwards lazily. He ignored the occupants inside the helicoptor. He ignored all, except for the target suit. The demonic knew he had only this one chance, and if it fails, he could suffer Ryu's fate.

Right before he reached the suit, it suddenly looked towards the helicoptor, as if noticing something. Another flying object suddenly came into Caash's view, knocking into the suit and knocking it backwards. More importantly, Caash's flight path had suddenly changed into a collision course.

Caash immediately took steps, but still did not manage to stop the collision. He winced as his left wing crunched into the suit's left leg. But he managed to do what he was intending: he now held onto the suit from the back. At the same time, the unknown flying object held onto it from the front. Caash risked a glance at it.

"James, how..." Caash almost said, but he knew there were more important things to consider right now. He reached for the knife at the suit's neck...

OOC: yup, he did not know the knife handles had caught fire...

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=wkz@rpgww60462>wkz</A] at: 6/3/04 11:28 am

RyuKurai000
 

Owwies

Unread postby RyuKurai000 » Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:05 pm

Ryu wasn't sure when he'd started falling. He looked at his wings as he slowly turned around and around, approaching the raging waves, but never quite arriving. He saw maybe two bullet holes in his right wing, and about five in his left. That should sting, why can't I feel it? He wondered as he tried to turn onto his stomach, if only to glide slowly into the ocean. He felt more like just taking a nice long rest, but something in him told him "No, not yet... Not for a long time." He felt a gust of air hit him as he was on his side, and he flapped his right wing and was suddenly upright. He clucthed his sword in one hand, and tried to gain some altitude...

Sigil leaned out of the aircraft again, this time sending a freezing blast of air at the mech's mechanical arm. It froze one of the joints, but mostly just frosted the rest. "This thing is better then I thought...It's engeneered to withstand elemental attacks and physical ones. I thought these guys were supposed to be dumb..." He said as he ducked behind the control panel, readying another spell.


User avatar
darkknight61189
Rice President
 
Posts: 928
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Between Here and There, just a little past Yonder.

Re: Owwies

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:54 pm

OOC: Heh, sorry about not posting for awhile, i've been REALLY busy. Now, to see if i can help out against this machine .

Zulian quickly clambered into the pilot's seat and looked at the controls as the battle raged around him. His plan was to try and be able to steer the helicopter so as to help the people who couldn't fly. His bo staff wasn't going to be much help at all, and just as he was about to let the demonic use it, he flew out the window, so he set his thoughts on the helicopter. He disengaged the auto-pilot, and began steering it, at first unsuccessfully, but he quickly got the hang of it. Thank god for those video games i used to play thought Zulian as he began to guide the helicopter down, as the fighting had drifted somewhat away from the helicopter.

He then saw the smoldering ryuii spiraling toward the sea, and he called int the back, "Sorry guys, but i have to make a little trip. It seems our dragon friend is in need of some assistance." He then threw the helicopter into a steep dive to try and catch up with the falling ryuii.


geoc
 

Re: Owwies

Unread postby geoc » Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:06 pm

Jerry caught a glimpse of the robot's sensors. It was cold and uncarring, just as one's should be. But that was beside the point. The robot had kept ahold of the helicopter despite his attack. Jerry slid his feet to the floor of the helicopter and quickly got to a crouching stance. He jumped at the robot attempting to lodge the knife through the robot's neck.


wkz
 

Owwies part 2

Unread postby wkz » Fri Jun 04, 2004 12:58 am

(OOC: I thought the suit was a flying model? And not holding to the helicoptor?
Oh, and Caash still have his grenade.)

"Ouch!" Caash grunted as his fingers wrapped around the glowing red shaft that used to be the handle of the knife. He shook his hands wildly, wishing for some relief from the pain.

Promptly, an artic blast of air froze both the suit's arm, and chilled his own arm to the bone. "Talking about granted wishes...."

"There goes the plan about using the knife... huh?" Caash thought, suddenly noticing Jerry shifting his entire weight. Observing the way he moved, Caash decided Jerry was about to kick the suit in the face.

"Alright , you metal tin can..." Caash said, trying to pull back the non-gun arm with all his strength, so as to prevent it from blocking Jerry's attack...

(OOC:Edited, check the OOC thread for reasons....)


Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=wkz@rpgww60462>wkz</A] at: 6/4/04 11:41 pm

RyuKurai000
 

blastin'

Unread postby RyuKurai000 » Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:28 am

Ryu saw the helicopter near while Caash andone of the humans were attacking the mech. He wasn't able to make out who it was, the distance was too great. As the helicopter lowered, the mech's chest popped open. "Oh, crap!" Ryu could hear Sigil yell from the helicopter. "Get this thing out of here, now!" He yelled at Zulian. Ryu ignored the helicopter and flew up some more...


The Great Nevareh
 

Re: blastin'

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:43 am

When Zulian made the grab for the controls, he unbalanced, Caija, who was still in the process of leaning out the side of the pilot seat and aiming at the suit.
"Whu-huh-AAAARGH!"
And she fell out of the Helicopter.
She drops her weapon and grabs a hold of the only purchase she could gain, which is one of the landing struts of the helicopter, and watched her weapon fall end over end into the ocean. Hanging precariously not a long way away from her own death, she has to wonder if Zulian has eyesight problems.


RyuKurai000
 

Re: blastin'

Unread postby RyuKurai000 » Sat Jun 05, 2004 1:49 am

Sigil took one look at what had occured, then proceeded to wave his arms over his head and yell "BY THE SOUTH WIND, DON'T YOU FOOLS KNOW HOW TO STAY IN A HELICOPTER?" A small spark from a fire spell he was casting flew out of the helicopter, and both Jerry and Caash could hear the mech quietly state "Target Locked."

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=ryukurai000>RyuKurai000</A] at: 6/5/04 1:49 am

wkz
 

Re: blastin'

Unread postby wkz » Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:14 am

"Whatever you are trying to do, do it! FAST!" TED'Caash shouted to Jerry.

(aka: Mr GM, please tell me the result of Jerry's attack?)


RyuKurai000
 

Re: blastin'

Unread postby RyuKurai000 » Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:41 pm

(OOC Wow, I'm dumb. Sorry!)

The knife embeds itself in the armor quickly, once again not going deep enough to hit any electronics. The Mech doesn't seem to care that it has just had three knives stuck into it.


Geocsuppi
 

Re: blastin'

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Mon Jun 07, 2004 2:22 pm

"This guy is really iritating me! Target... What?!"

Jerry looked over to his right (towards the back) and grabbed a line of rope. He wrapped it around his hand a couple of times and then sprung into action.

He jumped at the robot again this time tring to tie the rope around the robots neck. This way at least it won't be going anywhere, well at least anywhere with his head still attached.(OOC: I'm wrapping it around the neck a couple of times before tieing (sp?) it off)

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=geocsuppi>Geocsuppi</A] at: 6/9/04 6:22 pm

wkz
 

Re: blastin'

Unread postby wkz » Tue Jun 08, 2004 12:22 am

Crunch. The knife went in...
.....
And had no effect.

Caash immediately climbed around to the suit's gun arm. If "Target Lock" meant what Caash thought it meant, the helicoptor's in trouble.

The moment he reached the side, he jumped towards the arm and grabbed it with both hands, hoping his weight will unbalance the entire suit and mess up its aim...


The Great Nevareh
 

*sigh*

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Tue Jun 08, 2004 9:48 pm

Caija hangs there above her impending demise, the whole time thinking about how to get herself out of this mess.
"Let's see... No, I can't vault up, the physics are all wrong and at the rate we're going I'd get shredded by the blades of the helicopter. I can't climb up because I don't have a way of gaining any purchase on the surface of this thing. Waiting for help probably won't do me any good. Oh, criminy, what do they think they're doing? This flier doesn't have the damned ENGINE POWER or mass to do anything like pull that thing apart. Ahh, hell, at least it'll be over soon."


User avatar
darkknight61189
Rice President
 
Posts: 928
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Between Here and There, just a little past Yonder.

DIVE!!

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Wed Jun 09, 2004 8:53 pm

Zulian continued his dive, yelling out the window, "I TOLD YOU GUYS TO HOLD ONTO SOMETHING!! JEEZ, I DON'T WANT TO KILL YOU GUYS!!" He continued to fly downwards at the recovering Ryuii, who seemed to be floating in the air, still stunned. He ignored the "Target Locked" warning the mech suit had given, and brought the helicopter up next to the struggling Ryuii. "Get him in here," he said to Sigil, who seemed to be the only one still in the craft.


RyuKurai000
 

Edit: yes indeed. I be stupid, durr.

Unread postby RyuKurai000 » Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:14 am

Sigil took one look at Ryu. He'd tossed this same guy on top of him, and now he wanted Sigil to help him? Sigil shook his head. He reached out for Ryu, but as he did, Ryu drifted out of reach. "I'm trying to help you here!" Sigil shouted over the helicopter's roaring blades. "Relax, I'm fine!" Ryu shouted back, while continuing to fly up higher, away from the helicopter. "Get Caija back in there while you're up, will ya?" Ryu yelled as he gave a few more flaps of his wings. "Oh, uh, right..." Sigil said as he watched Ryu fly up into the air. "Miss Caija?" He said as he offered his hand to the woman below him, who was holding on for dear life.

On the mech suit, the chest suddenly popped open, the mech being slightly askew, having Caash on its arm. "Begin charging Chest Laser." The mech said as the cannon ithe chest revealed began to intake energy directly from the mech suit's supply, turning it blue on the very bottom of the gun.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=ryukurai000>RyuKurai000</A] at: 6/10/04 2:52 am

wkz
 

TED'Caash does an "Independence Day"

Unread postby wkz » Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:25 am

(OOC: er.... if you fly up when a helicopter's beside you, wouldn't you encounter something called "Helicopter Propeller Blades"?)

TED'Caash took one long hard look at the open chest, pass all the swirling bolts of blue electricity. The main gun's barrel is fully exposed, and more importantly, the grenade can be stuffed into the opening with no problems at all.

He pulled the pin to the grenade with his thumb while shouting to Jerry: "Jerry! Jump! Now!". Then with a heave, TED'Caash pulled himself up with his left hand, and jammed the grenade in with all the strength in his right hand.

What TED'Caash did not reckon on was the jolt he received from the swirling electricity...


RyuKurai000
 

Re: TED'Caash does an "Independence Day"

Unread postby RyuKurai000 » Thu Jun 10, 2004 2:56 am

(OOC: Thanks for catching me there, I wasn't making what I was doing that clear.)

Caash: The eletricity does the exact same thing as sticking a fork in a toaster; blows you clear of the mech suit with 40,000 volts. (Maybe a bit more than a toaster.)


wkz
 

Re: TED'Caash does an "Independence Day"

Unread postby wkz » Thu Jun 10, 2004 3:04 am

OOC: Where's the grenade? Hope its stuck to the suit instead of Caash's fist....

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=wkz@rpgww60462>wkz</A] at: 6/10/04 3:05 am

The Great Nevareh
 

Re: TED'Caash does an "Independence Day"

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Thu Jun 10, 2004 11:41 am

(I didn't pull the pin, so you're not necessarily going to go boom.)
"Thank you!"
Caija grabs the hand up and hopefully makes her way back into the helicopter and relative safety. Once inside of the helicopter, she begins to pat herself down for any other weapons she might have on her that could be useful.
"Hmm... Taser... no. Battle Rods... definite no. More grenades won't help. Nor will mace... How'd this get in here?" Caija pulls out a fluffy bunny plushie and looks at it, then blushes and puts it back into the recesses of her coat. "That won't help. What else do I have?"


Geocsuppi
 

Re: TED'Caash does an "Independence Day"

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:41 pm

Jerry heard this and figured maybe the rope had been a bad idea. He kicked off the suit attempting to knock it out of the helicopter. And landed himself in the far corrner of the helicopter. He took cover behind a neihboring chair. I'm sure this made the chair feel loads of comfort.


User avatar
darkknight61189
Rice President
 
Posts: 928
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Between Here and There, just a little past Yonder.

Re: TED'Caash does an "Independence Day"

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Thu Jun 10, 2004 3:56 pm

Zulian cursed Ryu's stubbroness as he watched the ryuii fly off towards the battle. He heard a sizzle, then, and turned the helicopter just in time to see the open chest pointed at the chopper, and to see the demonic stick the grenade in the mech suit's gun barrel.

"Man, he's going to feel that in the morning," Zulian said, as he piloted the chopper towards the battle. As he flew it, he made sure to go up in a zig zag pattern.

"Here, see if this will help," he said as he threw his Bo staff to Caija, "Don't drop it, it's the only weapon I have."


The Great Nevareh
 

Re: TED'Caash does an "Independence Day"

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:15 pm

"How is this supposed to help? It's made of wood!"


wkz
 

*Tick*Tock*

Unread postby wkz » Fri Jun 11, 2004 1:07 am

(OOC: erm.... guys?
From my previous story post:"He pulled the pin to the grenade with his thumb while shouting"
I hope that helicopter's not too near......)


The draconian spun in the air, numbed by too much electricity. He was consious, but not exactly aware of his surroundings.

Needless to say, he was not in no condition to fly, and headed straight towards the ocean...



RyuKurai000
 

"Who does number two work for?"

Unread postby RyuKurai000 » Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:20 pm

(Shortly after TED'Caash is launched from the suit, the grenade explodes, wrecking the chest gun in the suit.

Also: Demonic doesn't = draconian.)

Ryu could feel the explosion from the distance he was at. The mech suit had taken some serious damage. He saw the demonic fly off the suit, sizzling with electricity. "Processing error." Said the suit, in a mechanical voice loud enough to be heard over the helicopter's propellers and the crashing waves. "Secondary plan initaited." Said the suit as it plucked the knife lodged in its gunarm out, and switched the barrel a couple of times.


wkz
 

Who's number 2?

Unread postby wkz » Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:04 pm

With a loud spash, TED'Caash crash-landed head and back first into the ocean. He was almost knocked out for a bit, but recovered his wits soon enough to begin fumbling for the surface.

After long agonizing minutes, Caash finally broke the surface of the ocean. He took in huge gasps of air and a fair share of salt-water, and at the same time tried to remember why he was here in the middle of nowhere...

*OOC: T'C-D'G is disoriented, possible impact injuries. GM decides*


User avatar
darkknight61189
Rice President
 
Posts: 928
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Between Here and There, just a little past Yonder.

Re: Who's number 2?

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Tue Jun 15, 2004 4:03 pm

Zulian saw the demonic go flying into the water, and decided that maybe he wouldn't need help either, but then, when he saw the demonic not come back up for a while, he decided he would have to go get him.

"Guys, you see any rope back there? TED fell into the water, and I'm going to go get him."


The Great Nevareh
 

*Mumble*

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Tue Jun 15, 2004 4:20 pm

Caija has clearly had enough.
"No. You are definitely not making any more decisions. You are not very talented at making decisions, and therefore you won't be making any more decisions that directly affect our remaining alive while we are in a state of about to die. Let's have someone else make decisions. Sigil can make decisions. If necessary, I'll make decisions. But no more decisions for you."
Caija then sheds her coat to reveal some of the most utilitarian clothes that many people have ever seen. Strapped all over her body are a variety of nasty devices that can cause some serious harm if used correctly... or incorrectly, or barely at all. She doffs her cap, as well, and affixes something that could be best described as claws to her hands, giving her fingers a very talon-like appearance.
"Here are some suggestions. I'm still fit to fight, and that chest gun is out of comission. If you take me close enough to make the jump, I can latch onto the suit and start sowing explosives. Sigil, if you use your powers to direct the winds around the helicopter in a purely beneficial-to-us manner, you can enhance the mobility of the copter manyfold. Since that suit is about as airborne as we are, then it should be about as capable of fighting strong wind currents, and unless it's being held aloft by magic strong winds ought to hamper its movement and its ability to act. After I'm off you can go rescue whomever you like, but rescuing people in this craft is a futile effort so long as we're in danger. How does that sound?"
The way she says it, it sounds less like a suggestion and more like an order. She also says it with authority and maturity, in a way that is very difficult to disagree with... or even respond to. Her very manner of speech compels those who listen to do as she says. She stands there ticking her added-on claws together while she waits for a response.


User avatar
darkknight61189
Rice President
 
Posts: 928
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Between Here and There, just a little past Yonder.

Re: *Mumble*

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:55 pm

Zulian looked at caija with an obviously surprised look. He hadn't thought that he was taking control, although in retrospect, he figured he obviously did. He flipped the autopilot switch, got out of the pilot's seat, went in the back. and stood next to Caija.

"I guess we follow the little lady," he said, trying hard not to tick off the lady with claws, "But do you say we do about the demon? He's obviouslly either dead, unconcioius, or unable to fly. He seems to just be flloating there. What do you say we do?"


Geocsuppi
 

Re: *Mumble*

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:52 pm

((OOC:Pause! Okay. I've gotten lost. What state is the copter in? And where is everybody? I'd post but I need this information. Sorry if I'm just being stupid.))


wkz
 

Floating in the Ocean here...

Unread postby wkz » Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:48 pm

Parts of the fog tattered from Caash's consciousness. That was followed shortly by a huge stab of pain. Caught unawares, Caash sank into the deep blue until a more pressing instinct for air asserted itself.

He broke the surface once more, gasping for air. This time, he just kept most of his breath in, and floated on the surface, barely moving. The pain was still there, especially on his right hand, but now that TED'Caash knew about it, he could block most of it out. Still, "It hurts. Like hell" Caash thought.

(OOC: It IS nighttime. I checked: 4am to be precise)
He looked up into the night sky , still trying to figure where he was. Something caught his attention, something that looked like ball lightning, yet not so. For one, smoke and some fire was spewing out of the ball, and another is the fact the lightning seems to be in the middle of a humanoid figure....

With a flash of insight, Caash remembered. He remembered Ryuu charging against the suit and coming out 2nd best. He remembered shouting at...at...Caija. He remembered shaking the bejuese out of Jerry, seeing Sigil shoot lightnings, spotting Zulian bump Caija out of the helicopter, grappling the suit with Jerry again, and pulling the pin to the grenade...

"Ah. So that's what happened." thought Caash, also remembering Jerry jumping out of harm's way back into the helicopter ("Impressive jump" a corner of Caash's mind said to himself). That would also mean all the members of the little party who could fight are in the helicopter.

He looked around, and found the helicopter. It seemed to be wavering funnily, as if the pilot could not make up his/her mind. First it shifted towards him, next it gave a lurch and rose, turning towards the suit, and suddenly it just decided to stop dead in the air!! "Are they crazy?!?" Caash blurted out, not knowing that nobody was left at the controls. "...... Ah well" he thought to himself, then grimaced as a new wave of pain arrived. "I'm out of the fight now, no use worrying about such stuff......"

Finally, he started looking around at what he could see on the surface of the ocean. For all he knew, Ryuu could be floating around as he was now...

(OOC:But Ryuu was made of tougher stuff, and still flying. Darn!)



The Great Nevareh
 

Double-Take.

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:47 pm

"Are you crazy? We're in combat! We can't have nobody pilot this thing! Take me within jumping distance of that big pile of metal so I can use some of this gear!" Caija gestures to herself. She is getting agitated not at the situation, but at the people who are in the cabin with her. Many people without intense training or discipline would be easily frightened by her now, since she appears to be drawing into herself the air of a drill Sergeant.
"Sigil, let's get some fancy wind-working here. I know you can do it, I saw the seagull. Zulian, either help out or sit out. The way you can help is by driving this thing so we move. I can't jump that far and if I rememeber correctly, my anatomy doesn't allow me to fly. The way you sit out is by climbing to the back of the helicopter and not making any noise. The choice is yours. And if you ever refer to me as "the little lady" again, I'm going to rip into your chest and tear out your still-beating heart to feast upon in a bloody orgy of death and horror. Get me?"


RyuKurai000
 

Re: Double-Take.

Unread postby RyuKurai000 » Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:38 pm

Sigil paused for a second. Had this kind and slightly bumbling woman really said what he thought he had heard? Sigil laughed to himself. "Once again, it's proven that it's not always what's on the outside that counts. You're very admirable, Mrs. Caija, and I'd take off my mask to you, but that would be wasting time. I've still got a lot of my magic left over, so, let's make sure that the Red Door knows what hit 'em." Suddenly the wind whipped up under the helicopter, and it forced the vehicle up into the air. Sigil looked at Caija from behind his faceless mask. "Don't worry. If you jump, I'll carry you onto the suit. I've done this before." Without turning to look at him, Sigil snapped his fingers at Zulian. "You. For your information, TED'Caash can't continue to fight, but he's alright nonetheless. Please don't attempt to pilot the helicopter unless I tell you to or am incapacitated, knocked out of it, etc. I will be forced to use more extreme mesures if you do not comply. But don't be sad. I will think of a use for you in a good while." Sigil then gesured towards the open cockpit window. "You ready?" He said to Caija.

As soon as Sigil had finished speaking, the mech suit aimed at the helicopter and fired three times. Three missiles shot out, each of them looking like they would easily be able to destroy the helicopter, with no chance of its occupants surviving.

Ryu had flown well above the clouds. He was following his instincts, something that he had been taught were always right. His teacher's voice rang in his mind. "If our ancestors were stupid, they wouldn't have been alive long enough to make us, now would they?" Ryu chuckled to himself a bit, remebering how true that must have been. At that moment, the clouds parted below him, and he could see the mech suit shoot three missiles straight at the helicopter, which had somehow gotten just below the clouds. "What the hell? When did all this happen?" he said to himself, taking in this event. He then realized, that unless he did something, half the crew was going to die. His pupils widened, allowing him a beter view in the dark. He dove like a hawk, throwing subtility to the wind. His sword was held with the blade facing up, being almost perfectly horizontal, in a ready position. He swoped towards the missile coming the closest to the helicopter, and struck it straight across the middle. The small half with the engine kept on going, but the first end fell like a rock into the ocean, with a ker-plunk. Ryu then turned to the second missile, and hovered down a bit, sticking his sword through the missile like a shiskabob and promptly hurling it into the water before the force of the engine could carry him and make him lose his balance. The third missile zoomed past him. Ryu didn't want to fail, didn't want the people in the helicopter to die, and he couldn't accept it. He turned toward the missile as it flew slowly towards the helicopter. It almost seemed like time was slowing down. He could hear a strange and haunting melody that he couldn't identify as he flew, it seeming like the missile would never reach the heicopter, stretching on into infinity in a subtle way. Ryu then realized it. Time was slowing down. The helicopter blades were moving too slow to keep it up, but it was still airborne. His wings weren't moving half as fast as he needed them to, and his heartbeat was even slower than usual. You have to use it. Someone said, their voice practically inside his head. He could feel his arm moving back, his wrist getting ready to throw the sword at the missile. It flew, the metal shining beautifully in the moonlight, handle over tip, faster than the missile. It lodged itself almost vertically into the middle of then engine, causing the light of the engine to flicker, and the missile to drop, sword still clutching as though in a deathgrip. Suddenly tie was no longer slowed down. Ryu hovered in the air, yelling to the helicopter "Whatever you're going to do, hurry the hell up about it, will ya?"


PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron

Yalogank