Of Crow Nests and Bounty a-plenty(One Piece Freestyle RP)

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
Elementalist Daien
 

Re: Success!

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Thu May 13, 2004 9:01 am

"Hey! You found the page... But..."


She looked confused again.


"Wouldn't you have finished like 20 of them in the meantime?"


RyuKurai000
 

Speaking with the only person more awkward than me...

Unread postby RyuKurai000 » Thu May 13, 2004 10:14 am

Raziel clutched the page close to himself, with one hand, as theough afraid he would lose it. "Well, If I read all the other pages without reading this one, it would be like, uh..." He tried to think of a way to explain the concept so that she would get where he was coming from. "... Like eating a vegtable soup without cooking it first!" No, the other girl was the cook... "No, wait... Like using a canesword without drawing it!" He thought that she was the one with the canesword... "Do you understand?"


User avatar
Nick Shogun
 
Posts: 1552
Joined: Fri May 03, 2002 7:08 pm
Location: IN YOUR BRAIN

She's more awkward than a jar of pickles.

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Thu May 13, 2004 2:24 pm

Leone laughed. "Those are perhaps two of the worst similes I've ever heard." He trotted over and slapped Raziel on the back, then rummaged around for a blanket to dry his wings.

"Well, assuming this does pan out badly, we should have a plan of strategy, eh?" He was looking at Raziel and Maria, mostly. "Raz, what exactly do you do... um, in a fight? Got a gun, maybe?"


RyuKurai000
 

What do I do, eh?

Unread postby RyuKurai000 » Thu May 13, 2004 9:26 pm

Raziel grinned at Leone. "Who needs guns when you've got your bare hands? Oh, I guess I use gloves to catch blades and things like that." He had already firgure Leone out, he probably was going to think Raziel was a half-wit of some sort. "Oh! Wait! I've got it! I'll show you how tough I am!" Raziel looked around for something to break. Paper? No. Way too easy. Books? DEFINATELY NO! Canesword? It wasn't his... Leone's leg? *mental slap* Raziel spied a spare block of wood alongside a saw and some nails he had used for repairs. "Ah! Here we go!" He said as he lifted the block of wood with ease. Raziel placed it on the bottom of the hull in front of him. "Alrighty, prepare to be astounded!" He said melodramatically. "Prepare to be AMAZED!" He said, striking a pose. "Prepare to be-" He suddenly remembered what his master had said about boasting.

*flashback*
"I don't care if'n you can break all their necks, you shouldn' be braggin' about it, ya hear?"
Raziel bowed. "Yes, sensei!"
"Good. Now do 200 pushups and I'll see you tommorrow."
*/flashback*

Raziel rubbed the back of his head. "I guess I overdid it, huh? Ah well. After all that, you deserve another show!" Raziel picked up some of the nails, putting one in between each of his fingers, the pointy side facing outwards from under his hands. "Here it goes! Keep your eyes on the heads of the nails!" He said as he squeezed his fingers together tightly, exhaling. He then turned his hands over, and opened them. The heads of the nails were bent into a "U" shape. "Wait! Now, let me show you my other skill." He said as he stood in front of the wooden block, his hands down low in front of him, his eyes closed. He brought back as many memories as he could, mostly the bad ones. He attempted to Psyche himself up, causing his energy to flow into his hands, turning them beet red. He focused all the energy from his left hand into his right hand, and moved swiftly to strike the block of wood, imagining it to be that island prison he had hated so much. "KIAI!" he screamed as he struck the block of wood, shattering it and shaking the boat a bit more than it had been shaken before. The wooden shards flew out like needles. He felt a few hit him in the chest, although the clothes he was wearing did wonders for armor. He got one in his other arm, and he pulled it out before colapsing onto his back from exahstion. "Hoo. That was pretty neat, wasn't it?" He said as he sat up. Then he realized he forgot to ask them to get behind something, or at least get far away. "Oh no! Please tell me I didn't hurt you!"


User avatar
Nick Shogun
 
Posts: 1552
Joined: Fri May 03, 2002 7:08 pm
Location: IN YOUR BRAIN

Eguh...

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Fri May 14, 2004 1:24 pm

Leone picked several splinters of wood from his hair and sighed. "Very... interesting."

However, what he was thinking was, HOLY SHIT. THIS MAN IS A SUPER STRONG FREAK OF NATURE.


SALSAlys
 

Re: Eguh...

Unread postby SALSAlys » Sat May 15, 2004 2:04 am

Taki was staring as well, though her expression had less awe and more... calculation?

VERY strong. Muscle tone... so lots of protein, shrimp and maybe green mango for sweet/sour flavor, some nut dishes, plenty of meat and iron...


User avatar
ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!
 
Posts: 2423
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2002 2:18 pm
Location: Sweden, Baby!

o_ô;;

Unread postby ChristianC » Sat May 15, 2004 3:18 pm

Miss Thursday half-stared, half-glared at Raziel's rather... uhh... sudden display of prowess... and the collapse that followed it. You could actually see how she was starting to get that look she'd worn when the group had first met her, "<span style="color:teal;">Of all the times...</span>" she was just about to say something slightly unproper for a lady when shouting from the docks interrupted her. They were barely audible through the storm, but after a short while of listening everyone could determine that it was Mr Nine calling them.

Thursday rushed up on deck and yelled at the rest of the crew to make ready for docking. That was easier said than done, considering the fact that most of the docks was made out of stone and the waves pushed against them so hard that moving closer could almost certainly guarantee that their little ship would be crushed against them.

Nine was waving at them, a small and rotund man standing next to him, looking very worried.


User avatar
Nick Shogun
 
Posts: 1552
Joined: Fri May 03, 2002 7:08 pm
Location: IN YOUR BRAIN

Shoooooooooooooot...

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Sun May 16, 2004 12:29 am

Leone looked at the dock, then at the deck of the boat, and then back at the dock. Though he prided himself on knowing the various parts of a boat, he honestly did not know how to work those parts.


JoshuaDurron
 

Re: Shoooooooooooooot...

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Mon May 17, 2004 10:29 am

"Leone!" Barnac yelled, "Could you throw them a rope?"

Moah... this is not good. We could very easily get smashed up and drowned in this weather. Couldn't they have picked a better day to sail on?


User avatar
Nick Shogun
 
Posts: 1552
Joined: Fri May 03, 2002 7:08 pm
Location: IN YOUR BRAIN

Re: Shoooooooooooooot...

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Mon May 17, 2004 2:20 pm

"Rope, rope, rope..." Leone muttered aloud, pushing debris aside on the deck. There was a thick coil near the bow, and Leone scooped it up, standing at the front, waiting for Nine to get close enough.


User avatar
ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!
 
Posts: 2423
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2002 2:18 pm
Location: Sweden, Baby!

Is something actually happening!? :O

Unread postby ChristianC » Tue May 18, 2004 4:27 pm

Mr Nine stood ready to get the rope thrown to him when the fat man tucked at his sleeve and yelled something at him. Nine nodded and rushed away, running up the gangway of a significantly larger ship docked next to the small boat the group were on.

He motioned for Leone to throw the rope to him, the buyer moving up the gangway too, although a lot slower than Nine had moved. It would seem they planned to attach the rope to the larger ship, freighting it out from the harbor...




((OOC - Everyone participating in this RP, please go to the OOC and confirm you're still around, please.))


User avatar
Nick Shogun
 
Posts: 1552
Joined: Fri May 03, 2002 7:08 pm
Location: IN YOUR BRAIN

PIG GLOMP

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Tue May 18, 2004 5:04 pm

Leone, with a winding spin, hurled the end of the rope, which had been crafted into a noose, toward the man on the docks.

"I hope he catches it," Leone thought as the rope sailed through the air. He held the other end firmly, prepared to take up slack.


RyuKurai000
 

You need a pig for that.

Unread postby RyuKurai000 » Tue May 18, 2004 5:53 pm

Raziel took a look at the docks. He didn't really find them too interesting. Then he realized Wait a minute. If we're giving away the boat, that means I should get my stuff off of here! He ran down the stairs and grabbed a burlap sack, into which he started quickly, but carefully, stuffing in his books.


User avatar
ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!
 
Posts: 2423
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2002 2:18 pm
Location: Sweden, Baby!

*Tosses a pig* Here you go

Unread postby ChristianC » Wed May 19, 2004 4:51 pm

Nine caught the rope and tied it to the railing of the larger boat, motioning for Leone to do the same before he took out one of his kamas to cut the rope keeping the ship in the harbor. Meanwhile the round man was busy setting the sails of his own ships, already bright-red in his face, despite the cold rain storming down over him.

---

Thursday looked at Nine and the owner of the ship and then noticed how Raziel was beginning to pack things.

"<span style="color:teal;">They're going to tow us out! Drop those things and get working!</span>" She looked at the other ship and, sighing, she bent her knees a bit and then JUMPED over to the other ship, landing on the deck of it perfectly, keeping her balance despite the fact that she was wearing high-heels. She immediatly set to work to drop down the sails, motioning for the owner to head over to the rudder instead...

---

As the remaining of the crew worked on the ship, Barnac suddenly felt a strange chill running down his spine. The sensation of someone watching him...

Standing on the stone outlet was a patrol of Marines, all pointing their rifles at him.

"<span style="color:red;">Barnac Collaway, you are hereby placed under arrest by the authority of the Marine Corps.</span>" the group leader shouted, barely audible through the wind, "<span style="color:red;">Get off that ship and leave with us without a fight and no one will be hurt!</span>" Someone must've recognized him in the harbor and alerted the marines, just great...


SALSAlys
 

Re: *Tosses a pig* Here you go

Unread postby SALSAlys » Wed May 19, 2004 7:34 pm

Taki yelped, staring after Thursday's improbable leap and about to attempt the same before she caught the words of the Marines.

"Barnac?" she whispered, glancing back at him.

But he's so MILD! she thought in confusion, before remembering how... assertive he had been earlier.

Then again....

She glared at the men wielding the rifle before pulling out her ladle from her hat, and tossing the headwear over to the other ship. A tomato fell out and bobbed forlornly in the harbour, but surprisingly, nothing else.

Taki's white coat fluttered about her before she hefted the ladle.

He's in the CREW now!

Her fierce sense of loyalty and slight mothering instincts gave her no other option but to hiss at Barnac and move quickly into a position where firing at him would have severe chances of injuring her as well. Even so, the fact that she was much smaller than he was made her attempted shielding of him look rather.... odd.

"Hurry up and get out! Or under cover or SOMETHING!" she hissed.

"RAZIEL! Hurry UP!" she then called in a louder, defiant squeak.


JoshuaDurron
 

Re: *Tosses a pig* Here you go

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Thu May 20, 2004 12:09 am

Oh. Not. Good.

Of course, as soon as Barnac had realized he was being watched, he had grabbed his pistol. Then he had remembered two facts.

One: Ammunition is victory. Even if he shot all the Marine's he'd be dangerously low on ammunition, and with little chance to reload any time soon.

Two: Rifles don't always work in the rain. In fact, they are as likely as not to fail. Some day, someone would come up with a way around that, but until then, they could afford to take chances, he couldn't.

Barnac quickly kicked his shoes off and patted Taki on the shoulder. "Thanks fer the cover, luv, but worry about yer own hide. They be markin' ya fer aidin' criminals soon."

With that, Barnac bolted towards the larger ship, and made a jump of his own. Unlike Thursday, however, he did not leap up towards the deck, but rather just accross to the hull. His bare feet and knees hammered into it with a painful thud, and by all rights, he should have proceeded to fall straight into the water.

Instead, he stuck like some sort of human spider*. He then proceeded to hobble around the ship, sticking himself by feet and knees, and the bizzare powers of the Devil's Fruits, and placed the vessel's hull between him and the Marines.

Lessee ya shoot me now...

*OOC: I appologize to the Spiderman fans out there. Really.


SALSAlys
 

I so wanna draw this. ;-;

Unread postby SALSAlys » Thu May 20, 2004 9:16 am

Taki stared, then set up a wild cheer, regardless of Barnac's earlier words. She did a brief hopping dance, coat twirling about her in opposition to her ponytails before she got a running start and leapt to the other ship as well, clutching her ladle. She barely missed it, but managed to get her ladle wedged about the railing and scrambled up it herself.


RyuKurai000
 

I can compare Raziel to my dog...

Unread postby RyuKurai000 » Thu May 20, 2004 12:45 pm

"Coming!" Raziel yelled as he ran up the stairs with a large burlap sack over his shoulder. As he ran up the deck, he saw Taki climbing onto another ship. "Oh! that must be our ship! I'm a comin'!" He said as he jumped off of the ship, then noticing the marines standing there with guns pointed at the ship. "NOOOOOO! YOU CAN'T TAKE THE NEW SHIP!" He yelled as he ran towards the group of marines, then broke off towards one of the crates and lept off of it. He flew a few yards, then landed and started running towards the ship. "THE SHIP THE SHIP THE SHIIIIIP!" He yelled as he ran towards it, sack still flying off of his shoulders.


Elementalist Daien
 

Re: Of Crow Nests and Bounty a-plenty(One Piece Freestyle RP

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Thu May 20, 2004 2:03 pm

"Wh-what? Wait! Huh? Who's Barnac?"


Whoooooosh. Still as dumb as ever. Still, she climbs up, and looks ready to do whatever the others are going to.

"Uh... Guys? What's going on?"


SALSAlys
 

Re: Of Crow Nests and Bounty a-plenty(One Piece Freestyle RP

Unread postby SALSAlys » Fri May 21, 2004 12:04 am

"Hurry UUUUUP!" Taki yelled at Raziel, hunching over and seizing her hat, hefting it between her arms and with the ladle firmly in front of her.

"You too!" she hollered to Maria. "C'MON! Let's get outta here 'afore they shoot up our crew!"


User avatar
Nick Shogun
 
Posts: 1552
Joined: Fri May 03, 2002 7:08 pm
Location: IN YOUR BRAIN

Yeah..........

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Fri May 21, 2004 12:59 am

Leone was seriously, at this point, considering just walking off. He was done securing the ropes when the Marines made their move, and now, with all of the boat switching and yelling and jumping, he was wondering if maybe this had all been one big, bad dream that had (unfortunately) come true.

"Well..." he said aloud, in a contemplative manner, "to leap or not to leap?"


User avatar
ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!
 
Posts: 2423
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2002 2:18 pm
Location: Sweden, Baby!

Things just go from bad... to worse... to horrible

Unread postby ChristianC » Fri May 21, 2004 8:01 am

The guards stared as Barnac moved around the hull, then the leader gritted his teeth and yelled : "<span style="color:red;">He's eaten a devil fruit! Get Commander Smoker!</span>" One of the marines did a quick salute and rushed off towards the streets. The rain kept smattering down, making ships and buildings pale silhuettes. Rakame's ship continued towards the harbor, its sails getting pulled down as it slowly moved to a stop, a few hundred meters away from the dock where the two ships were. For a while it remained there, barely moved by the large waves that hit it over and over again.

The marines were all growing pale, dropping their rifles as they saw the name of the ship, "The Divine Wind". One of the soldiers screamed in panic and fled, the rest soon joining him.

The crew didn't have time to think about this, though, as the wind took on a deep, booming sound, almost as if someone was laughing.

"<span style="color:navy;">I am Captain Jack Rakame,</span>" the wind itself was talking! "<span style="color:navy;">I've heard reports of a man and woman hiding in this city... I am greatly displeased,</span>" the voice continued, chuckling slightly, a sound that more resembled the sound of rocks crashing against eachother. "<span style="color:navy;">Don't bother trying to hand them over, my men will find them...</span>" With that several small boats dropped in unison from the sides of the tremendous ships, each and every one brimming with pirates. It was obvious he was after Nine and Thursday... but it didn't seem like they would just let anyone else go.

Nine, who hadn't realized Rakame was here, froze as he heard the voice in the wind. As the captain finished speaking, he cursed and motioned for the others to get on board, staring off in the distance. Thursday, on the other hand, ignored the voice and continued to work on getting the ship sailworthy, biting her lower lip.

---

Things were really starting to look bad, not only was a large group of armed pirates heading in this direction, but soon that Smoker would arrive, one could only hope he'd go after the obvious pirates first...


SALSAlys
 

Re: Things just go from bad... to worse... to horrible

Unread postby SALSAlys » Fri May 21, 2004 9:07 am

Taki resisted a yelp, dancing impatiently in place before slapping her hat onto her head. Her face was grim before she darted to assist Thursday. She didn't bother asking questions, too intent on them all getting away first.

"Ms. Maria! C'mon over and help!" the small chef cried impatiently, glancing from the Marines to Rakame's ship.


RyuKurai000
 

Re: Things just go from bad... to worse... to horrible

Unread postby RyuKurai000 » Fri May 21, 2004 4:55 pm

Raziel ran the remaining distance to the ship, reaching the end of the dock and launching himself off of it with a warcry. He dug his toes into the sides of the ship, giving him just enough leverage to grab the bottom part of the ship's deck. "I made it! And I still have my books too!" He said gleefully as he pulled himself up onto the deck of the ship with one arm. "Who are those guys anyway? And what's up with that one guy who was talking about bein' captain or something?"


User avatar
Nick Shogun
 
Posts: 1552
Joined: Fri May 03, 2002 7:08 pm
Location: IN YOUR BRAIN

Horrible... aye.

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Fri May 21, 2004 6:24 pm

Leone chuckled as he inspected the larger ship. "The Divine Wind? A Heavenly Fart?"

He heaved himself off the banister of Raziel's boat and flapped silently over the water, landing with a thud beside Taki. He adjusted his goggles and looked to the rain filled sky...

"Hard to fly in the rain. It pushes you down."

He'd noticed how heavy his wings were. He wouldn't be able to fly again, at least in this weather.


JoshuaDurron
 

Good LORD...

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sat May 22, 2004 1:01 am

As the Marines had now retired, Barnac had come onto the deck and was now hustling with all his might to help Thursday and Nine get their ship ready to move. He was also searching his memory for anything he might have once heard about a ship and pirate crew like this one...

"We'd better be leavin' soon, maties! Any Marine's bad news, and they ain't the only ones wantin' our blood!"


Elementalist Daien
 

Re: Good LORD...

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Tue May 25, 2004 8:49 pm

Everything was so confusing. Yet, it all made sense. Maria was a bit conflicted with herself, but what can you do when you have two minds.

"Uh, sure! Right! Okay!" she said, and went to help Taki, for lack of anything better to really DO.


User avatar
ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!
 
Posts: 2423
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2002 2:18 pm
Location: Sweden, Baby!

Stupid Weather...

Unread postby ChristianC » Wed May 26, 2004 2:28 pm

The name Rackam seemed awfully familiar, as if Barnac had heard it before... But he couldn't bring any pirate captain to his memory with that name... and he should know, he'd served under quite a few and met even more.

Nine, who had been working like a maniac, looked over to Barnac and shouted, "<span style="color:maroon;">You're familiar with the area around here, aren't you? Are there any islands before the crossing into the Grand Line!?</span>"

Barnac could bring quite a few to his memory, but one of them, a small island almost completely desolated, was located only a day or two away from here. It was small and overlooked easy, perfect to avoid the attention of this pirate, and the marines to boot...



The fat owner of the ship, now looking quite nervous, motioned for Nine to come over to him. The two talked, their discussion hidden by the blazing wind, and as they finished Nine motions for the other to get closer while the owner slowly begin to steer the ship out of harbor.

"<span style="color:maroon;">We're going to try to head away from here to lay low for a while. As you might've heard, Rackam's an old "associate" of me and Miss Thursday...</span>" he looks bitter, "<span style="color:maroon;">one we'd rather not meet up with yet... In any case, I doubt they're going to let us leave just like that, so they're going to try to board our ship... It would be disastrous if Rackam would know that we're on this ship, his out specifically to get us, so we're going to go under deck for a while...</span>" he looks slightly flustered, "<span style="color:maroon;">I wish we could be up here, but we can't risk him following us... I hope you all understand.</span>" He nods to Thursday and then head over to the door leading down to below deck, opens it for Thursday and then sneaks inside, closing the door behind him.

As soon as the door slowly clicks there is a large thump at the side of the ship, close to the water-surface, and you hear voices down below... This doesn't look good... A hand grabs the edge of the railing, wielding a wicked-looking, curved sword.


JoshuaDurron
 

Re: Stupid Weather...

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Wed May 26, 2004 6:02 pm

"Oiiii," Was the first thing the sword's owner heard over the howl of the wind. Shortly after that, if he poked his head over the railing, he could see Barnac standing there, leaning casually on his rifle, one pistol in hand.

"What do you want?" He demanded.


User avatar
ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!
 
Posts: 2423
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2002 2:18 pm
Location: Sweden, Baby!

Re: Stupid Weather...

Unread postby ChristianC » Wed May 26, 2004 6:25 pm

The owner of the hand, and the sword, proved to be a pretty ugly pirate, his nose large and red with a big zit glaring at you. He glared into the muzzle for a split second before he swung himself over the railing with a remarkable speed, spending enough time in the air to yell "<span style="color:olive;">No one's leaving this harbor!</span>" before he came flying down again, landing with a thud on the deck. The crew could already see several other pair of hands on the railing... apparantly one of the small boats with boardingparties had decided to go for them...


JoshuaDurron
 

Re: Stupid Weather...

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Wed May 26, 2004 6:28 pm

"Ever, or just for a little while?"

Barnac seemed to actually be enjoying himself, for the moment...


User avatar
ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!
 
Posts: 2423
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2002 2:18 pm
Location: Sweden, Baby!

Re: Stupid Weather...

Unread postby ChristianC » Wed May 26, 2004 6:53 pm

The pirate, who seemed to be the leader of the group, slowly trailed his tongue over the blunt edge of his blade.

"<span style="color:olive;">Oh, he's a brave lad for sure...</span>" he said with a grin, "<span style="color:olive;">But you're way out of your league, boy. This ship and all its loot belongs to Captain Rackam and his crew!</span>" he took a step forward, "<span style="color:olive;">and if you hand it over nicely we might spare your lives...</span>"


JoshuaDurron
 

Re: Stupid Weather...

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Wed May 26, 2004 7:03 pm

Hm... don't want to loose the ship, don't want to cause a fight, just want to get the hell out of here... what to do, what to do...

"Listen, matie. We got no loot, and we just got this here bloody ship. If ye want the little one, ye're welcome too it, but this ship is ours, and ye've got nothing t'gain from takin' it. And ye have a lot to loose. Not jest yer lives, but also the people we traded with fer this boat. A man and a woman, hm? Apparently in a big hurry to leave... maybe someone yer lookin' fer? I doubt yer Captain Rackam would appriciate yer lettin' th' Marines who jest hauled 'em off the docks t'be keepin' hold of 'em."


RyuKurai000
 

At least he didn't say their names...

Unread postby RyuKurai000 » Wed May 26, 2004 9:28 pm

Raziel took on a defensive stance as he pointed cockily at the captain. "So get off of myyyyyy SHIP!" He said as he stomped down on the ship, hopefully startling the pirates. Raziel put on a glare that could have scared a tiger back in its den, but by looking in his eyes you could tell he wasn't raging inside.


SALSAlys
 

>:

Unread postby SALSAlys » Thu May 27, 2004 12:39 am

Taki looked as though she was about to explode from the restrained squeaks of anger, clutching her ladle in both hands tightly as she dropped the ropes she had been working on.

"Shove off! We don't have anything!"

Though her cooking implement could be used as a weapon, her posture was more defensive, appearing to offer no challenge except resistance. While saying so, she was proceeding to stomp down the deck as well, though it was to restrain Raziel.


User avatar
Nick Shogun
 
Posts: 1552
Joined: Fri May 03, 2002 7:08 pm
Location: IN YOUR BRAIN

Leone is Elvish for Lazy.

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Fri May 28, 2004 6:10 pm

Image
EDIT: Mine spelling sucks.

Leone looked at the pirates as they hauled their sagging figures on deck. A pirate fight was about to occur, and he was about to be in the center of it. A sky man who was looking for tools to take home. Now he was somewhat of a pirate of himself.

Plus, he had no weapon.

He looked around the deck. There was nothing. Zero. Zip. Nada. Zilch. He poked Maria in the ribs. "You, uh, have a weapon or something, maybe? That I could borrow?"

Leone was a lanky fellow, compared to most of the people in his village. He wasn't a muscle man, but he was lean and could benchpress eighty pounds or so. He reckoned he would do well in a fist fight. Fists versus swords, however.

He looked down at a bag of tools he had carried off Raziel's boat. Reaching into it, he pulled out a moderately-sized crescent wrench.

"Okay... I hope this works."

Edited by: Nick Shogun at: 5/28/04 6:10 pm

User avatar
ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!
 
Posts: 2423
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2002 2:18 pm
Location: Sweden, Baby!

ChristianC is Latin for braindead. :}

Unread postby ChristianC » Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:40 pm

A couple of the pirates that had bordered the ship a bit surprised at Raziel's outburst, but the leader just chuckled and grinned even wider, displaying two rows of cracked, rotting or missing teeths; one could almost imagine the smell of his breath. The rain, wind and thunder carried little impact on them, they seemed, if possible, used to this raging apocalypse.

"<span style="color:olive;">Lissen´ere lad,</span>" the man took on an almost business-like tone,"<span style="color:olive;">we've been a-sailin´fer days now, lookin´ fer those littl´ rats...</span>" he slowly moved his sword before him, as if inspecting the blade. "<span style="color:olive;">Hand´em over and we might spare yer lives... the ship we will be takin´ either way...</span>"

One of the pirates, a lanky fellow with hair that looked like seagrass and a sad attempt at a beard, mostly just thin strands poking in all directions, noticed the wing-bearing fellow slowly putting his hand in his bag, pulling out the wrench.

"<span style="color:fuchsia;">Uh, urr... Tom, I dun t´ink their gonna give us da ship...</span>" He wavered a hatchet in front of him, another one hanging by his belt, "<span style="color:fuchsia;">Can we kill´em, please Tom?</span>"

Tom, apparantly the name of the leader, shrugged, "<span style="color:olive;">Bah, go ahead, jes´ make sure ye don kill those two buggers we're lookin´ fer.</span>"

The group of pirates grinned and began to spread out slowly, each wielding swords except of course for Seaweed, who had his axes....










((OOC -- Okay, I need to know where everyone is standing on the ship. It is a caravel, similar in design as the Going Merry, a picture of how it SORT OF looks can be found here. Just figure where your character is standing and uhh... try to describe it to me...

This is going to be copied, uhh... borrowed from Nick Shogun's RP, the fighting system that is, and thus I'll take the libery of c&p his post about it.

Quote:

Okay, for anyone who has fought a freestyle battle in my RPs before (Duelist, I’m looking at you), you know the rules. For everyone else, your post should contain a description of the attack you are performing on your opponent (you can attack your friends, but why would you want to?). Since I'm the GM, I’ll use an intricate-but-secret method to decide how much damage your enemy sustains, or if you even hit him. Remember: you only write an attack post, you do not write yourself doing any damage to the opponent, that’s my job.

Example of a Freestyle Battle Post from Master of the Scroll:

Geoc looked up at the man in shiny armor, and he raised one eyebrow.

"Has that ever worked? Have you ever come up to anyone and said that, and they just said, "Okay please kill us professional bounty hunter man." 'Cause I can assure you it won’t work on us." Geoc said in an overly sarcastic tone of voice.

Geoc then launched himself at the shield. He seemed to just go from standing to flying through the air. Geoc flew through the air with his sword over his head. With all the might he could muster he brought his sword down on the shield. It would either break the shield or bounce off vibrating more than a tuning fork.


If you need to see more, check out my old freestyle RP:

here





Any questions? Place them in the OOC thread. o.o))


JoshuaDurron
 

Re: ChristianC is Latin for braindead. :}

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:08 pm

All guns are loaded. EXACTLY 20 shots to burn. Looks like the start of something interesting.

Barnac was currently about eight feet away from Tom, although further aft. He balanced his pistol in his hand for a moment, then sighed. When there's no avoiding trouble, meet it with open arms...

He fired off his pistol once more, still aiming at the boarding party's leader. Even as he pulled the trigger, he was pocketting the gun and pulling up his rifle...


SALSAlys
 

Taki Aki is island-talk for squeaky.

Unread postby SALSAlys » Sat Jun 05, 2004 12:20 am

Taki was halfway between the central mast of the ship and the pirates at this point, but did a hasty backpedal; really, she was a cook, not a fighter... Even so, she waved her ladle about in a vaguely menacing pattern, more to deflect or discourage any attacks than to launch any of her own.


RyuKurai000
 

Smack!

Unread postby RyuKurai000 » Sat Jun 05, 2004 1:44 am

Raziel was just about tired of this. He always had to make the second move, defend against attacks, etc. That didn't mean he had to like it. Wait a minute! Raziel realized, They said they were going to kill us, and that's about as good as trying to do it! Go logic! Raziel grinned, raising his hand up by his face. "I said GET OFF MY SHIP!" Raziel shouted as he quickly stored up some energy in one hand and slammed it palm down into the ship, attempting to knock the pirates off their feet.


PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron

Yalogank