The Merger (closed)

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
Firnthuleien
 

Re: I was ill. Forgive me. ;_;

Unread postby Firnthuleien » Wed Feb 25, 2004 11:23 pm

(( OOC: Sowwy...I've been partially neglecting the RP boards.. ;_; ))

Daevon merely grunted at Ieyasu. He wasn't one for taking orders, even if they didn't involve him in the least.

He was starting to get sick of standing quietly, doing nothing, so he began heading into the room, striding quietly, though confidently with his sword up.


SALSAlys
 

SO. Hawk needs to post or gunman dies!

Unread postby SALSAlys » Thu Feb 26, 2004 1:08 pm

As August sidled down the bare passage to the left, she could hear the rattling sound echoing more intensely, as well as vague cackles of laughter, apparently coming closer to her. The rattling was far more intense than it should have been, and sent shivers down her spine.

"Oh, their bones, their bones... their beautiful bones..." the echoes whispered about her.

* * *

Sir Rodrick felt slightly better after his prayer to God, true enough, but then he felt a slight tugging at his mace, as though his weapon was trying to pull him into the room that the oversized frost drake had come from.

The others could hear the rattling seeming to recede, then grow again, in odd timbres which made it difficult to tell if the cause was coming closer or leaving.


User avatar
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!
 
Posts: 3604
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:02 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: SO. Hawk needs to post or gunman dies!

Unread postby Kelne » Sat Feb 28, 2004 8:40 pm

The 'bones' comments suggested that this was the 'Bone Witch' that Jarvik had mentioned, but that wasn't exactly reassuring, since he'd also said she was insane. Unfortunately, August suspected that there wouldn't be any hiding from the Bone Witch if she was actively looking for her.

Not that she'd be sticking her nose a single inch out of hiding in any case...


SALSAlys
 

Almost time for a dead cowboy... *whistles*

Unread postby SALSAlys » Mon Mar 01, 2004 1:12 pm

A maniacal cackling started, and then a flurry of motion out of the corner of her eye—

And August could see a tiny, wizened figure in front of her, perhaps barely four feet in height. Clothed in layers of ragged black cloth which trailed on the ground, obscuring her feet, the Bone Witch herself couldn't be seen; her sleeves were placed together in front of her, hands tucked inside, and her face was shielded by a hood.

"Hello, flesh-child. Lovely bones, lovely bones.... are you lovely in your bones?" the apparition chuckled, hands parting as she reached for August's arm. Polished white bones gleamed in the light, as her hands were entirely skeletal.


User avatar
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!
 
Posts: 3604
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:02 am
Location: New Zealand

This really is too much fun...

Unread postby Kelne » Tue Mar 02, 2004 4:51 pm

August stumbled backwards with a shriek. "I like my bones. I'm really attached to them. Please don't take them!" Even as she spoke, something rather unexpected happened.

The Bone Witch's face was still obscured by a hood, but it was now red, matching the cloak that now enshrouded her. Completing the ensemble was a basket of goodies dangling from one arm, possibly intended for someone's grandma.

None of which made the Bone Witch any less terrifying to August...


SALSAlys
 

Oh, I enjoy this. =D

Unread postby SALSAlys » Wed Mar 03, 2004 12:27 am

The Bone Witch's voice raised in cackling, and she stepped back, the dry sound of rattling bones coming from her as she examined her new apparel.

"Oh, yes, your bones are lovely... so different, so warm, so fresh.... are you the new comers? Will you take the ascendancy from the Frost?"

The skeletal hand reached into the basket, pulling out a scone, then pushing it under the hood while the sound of dry chewing drifted into the air, and the Witch stepped forward again. Behind her, a small pile of dry, chopped crumbs was left.

"Who are you, what are you, dear dear lovely-bones?"


User avatar
Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC
 
Posts: 848
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2002 9:36 pm

Ieyasu does not. :{

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Wed Mar 03, 2004 1:13 am

Hearing the faint echo of the voice, (Which the GMs said they could, you bastards) Ieyasu tiptoed toward it.

"You others...flank me. I'll distract the demon. When I have it's full attention, you circle around and strike from behind. If it has allies, deal with them first."


User avatar
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!
 
Posts: 3604
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:02 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: This really is too much fun...

Unread postby Kelne » Wed Mar 03, 2004 7:51 pm

August was still shivering with fright. Still, the fact that the Bone Witch wasn't making any immediate moves to take her bones had a slight calming effect.

"I'm August, and I don't want to take ascendancy from anybody. I just want to go home!"


User avatar
Zemyla
 
Posts: 1500
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 11:01 am

Re: This really is too much fun...

Unread postby Zemyla » Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:31 pm

Rodrick also heard the echoes of the voice. Verily, that is the voice of a demon! he thought. He felt his mace tugging him, and had decided to cautiously follow its direction, when he saw Tokugawa getting ready to fight as well. He decided to see which way Tokugawa went. If it was the direction the mace was pointing, he would follow. If not... who knows?


SALSAlys
 

*GMs*

Unread postby SALSAlys » Thu Mar 04, 2004 1:08 pm

Tokugawa would, in edging towards the voice, would be finding himself heading in the direction that their frost drake had crawled from.

* * *

"Oh, but you can't help the ascendency, the ascendency will help YOU, child... if you take it, if you take it, if you're the one..." the Bone Witch chuckled in a sing-song voice.

"Are you a killer, to be a mother of killers, to kill and melt and destroy with the strength in your bones, bones, your lovely lovely bones...."

Abruptly, she shook her head, skeletal hands clicking against eachother, and her voice had a slight modicum of sanity to it.

"No. You can't be. Not if you only seek to go home... Where is your home, August?"


User avatar
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!
 
Posts: 3604
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:02 am
Location: New Zealand

Irony senses... Tingling...

Unread postby Kelne » Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:47 am

"London. It's on a planet called Earth."

Although the Bone Witch still made her very nervous, she seemed to be managing to carry on a reasonably civilised conversation. A small corner of her mind noted that she was carrying on conversations with some decidedly weird people lately. What she wouldn't give to see a normal human face....


User avatar
Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC
 
Posts: 848
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2002 9:36 pm

It seems the gunman dies.

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Mon Mar 08, 2004 2:07 am

Unfortunately, the 'normal human face' came in the form of an angry-looking Japanese warlord, levelling his polearm at the both of them.

"Both of you, stand and deliver! I give you ample time to surrender, demons, whether you accept or not. However, if you do not, then I shall strike you down!"


SALSAlys
 

Jumped the gun a bit, Sage.

Unread postby SALSAlys » Mon Mar 08, 2004 1:24 pm

If Tokugawa was going to the voice, he would have to go past the door with the frost drake's corpse, and then go past a large room which had arches to the left and right, with another immense door directly across from him.

Pete Gibbons also went with the warlord, his gun at ready. Others may have followed as they chose.

However, the threat just made the Bone Witch laugh, red hood splaying out from her as she leveled a skeletal finger at the newcomers. Pete Gibbons stiffened, blood starting to stain the front of his shirt, then collapsed, falling forward.

Tokugawa then found himself unable to move, as though his bones were locked in place.

"Oh, pretty pretty flesh creatures, your bones are mine, are mine, are always and ever mine..." the Witch sang, chuckling darkly as her bones rattled gleefully. Whatever sanity she had before seemed gone.

"How can one strike their own flesh, their own marrow, their own bonny bonny beautiful bones....?"

This seemed an empty question to Tokugawa though; he couldn't even move his jaws to form an answer.

"Maybe you will be the ones to take the ascendancy," she cackled.


User avatar
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!
 
Posts: 3604
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:02 am
Location: New Zealand

Scaring August = Bad.

Unread postby Kelne » Mon Mar 08, 2004 8:55 pm

"Ack!" August really was getting too many scares today. Mid-way through Tokugawa's speech, a sign appeared on his back, selotaped in place. It read, in English and Japanese, 'Kick me.'

August could have told him that threatening the Bone Witch was a bad idea. Not that she'd been asked. Quite frankly, she was just as glad that the Bone Witch was on her side. Inasmuch as she wasn't actively out to get her at the moment, anyway...


JoshuaDurron
 

Re: Scaring August = Bad.

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:39 pm

It is impossible to describe with words just HOW tempted Nate was to act on the sign that was now on Tokugawa's back. Nate, however, kept his head well enough not to actually show himself, if that was possible. Pete's gun might be useful, but he didn't desire to creep out and get it just yet. Internally, he thought, What's this? A lich?

But Tokugawa had gotten himself into this mess, let him get himself out.


User avatar
Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC
 
Posts: 848
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2002 9:36 pm

Tokugawa=angry!

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Fri Mar 12, 2004 1:23 am

Meanwhile, Tokugawa might not have been able to move, but that didn't mean he wasn't doing his damndest. There also seemed to be a low growl emitting from his throat, which might be misinterpreted for an answer to a question.

Damnable...if I do not get free, there is no telling what this old witch will do...


SALSAlys
 

Bone Witch = bony!

Unread postby SALSAlys » Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:17 pm

The Bone Witch cackled, her attention seeming to be solely fixated upon the Japanese warlord.

"You wish to speak? Your bones betray, they will not stay.... speak, speak, then," she cackled, skeletal fingers snapping as the force on Tokugawa's jaw was removed. Though otherwise immobile, he could speak now.


User avatar
Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC
 
Posts: 848
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2002 9:36 pm

Tokugawa = Probably going to lose all his bones!

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Wed Mar 17, 2004 8:55 pm

Tokugawa viciously spit at the feet of the bone witch the moment he could. "Release me now demon, and I may yet let you live. My spear may not be the Tonbogiri...but it is more than sufficient enough to deal with you."


SALSAlys
 

Nyet! Not quite anyhoo!

Unread postby SALSAlys » Thu Mar 18, 2004 1:22 pm

"Demon?"

The Witch cackled.

"No demon am I, only as natural as your flesh and blood and marrow.... do you wish to be the Boneless King? The Boneless One, the Nameless one, stripped of his name and cast aside... they had to call me to punish him, to steal his name, his bones, his power...."

Her bones rattled as she stepped forward, seeming more amused than angry, and fingered Tokugawa's cheek with one digit.

"How can you threaten me, fleshchild, when I'm the one who binds you?" she whispered.


User avatar
Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC
 
Posts: 848
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2002 9:36 pm

Tokugawa feels like he's been abandoned...

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:18 pm

Growling again, Tokugawa kept trying to break free of the spell. To no avail, of course.

"Do not touch me, witch-demon. You do not yet know the full scope of my strength."


JoshuaDurron
 

Re: Tokugawa feels like he's been abandoned...

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Mon Mar 22, 2004 5:28 pm

Fact: Undead creatures are difficult to harm with bladed weapons. Or, at least, that's what the DnD Monster Manual says. I need something that can smash...

With these thoughts in mind, Nate began looking for something that matched the description of 'bludgeon' in his mind.


User avatar
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!
 
Posts: 3604
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:02 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: Tokugawa feels like he's been abandoned...

Unread postby Kelne » Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:32 pm

August, for her part, kept her mouth firmly shut. She certainly wasn't going to get between the mad samurai and the Bone Witch. It seemed like a good way to get herself killed.


SALSAlys
 

Re: Tokugawa feels like he's been abandoned...

Unread postby SALSAlys » Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:47 am

"Oh? Strength, strength... can I steal your strength, your bones?" she grinned, the flash of teeth visible in the darkness of her red hood.

"Oh, yes I can, if I wish... but do tell me, fleshling. Where are your friends? They seek the warmth, the heat, the life.... you're all alone...." she crooned softly.

Of course, if the German Rodrick would ever haul himself on over, or perhaps the crazy Scotsman, then Nate would be getting some help. Especially as Rodrick had a great big whopping mace. As it was, there was nothing in the immediate vcinity that looked as though it could be an easy tool.

Then the Bone Witch laughed, extending one hand to August as she began walking directly for where Nate was hiding, though she didn't appear to have noticed him.

"August, will you come? Seal the ascendancy..."


User avatar
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!
 
Posts: 3604
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:02 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: Tokugawa feels like he's been abandoned...

Unread postby Kelne » Tue Mar 23, 2004 5:08 pm

"Um, what does sealing the ascendancy involve?" August asked, trailing the bone witch nervously and giving Tokugawa a wide berth. She didn't want to be too close to him when he got control of his bones back.

She hoped Jarvik would get back soon. At least he could be counted on to give coherent explanations.


SALSAlys
 

Re: Tokugawa feels like he's been abandoned...

Unread postby SALSAlys » Tue Mar 23, 2004 7:24 pm

"How should I know? You are the newcomers... perhaps you and your kind will drive the Frost away. Jarvik is a killer, son and child of killers, and will father more killers like himself," she sang softly. "They slew and drove away the scaled ones, freezing and withering... their blood, their bones, so brittle, so cold..."

She grinned, fingers clacking together.

"And the scaled ones, oh, they devoured and hunted the winged ones... stole the eggs from the nest, the yolk from the shell, the child and the brood.... and the winged, they too stole their ascendancy..."


User avatar
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!
 
Posts: 3604
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:02 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: Tokugawa feels like he's been abandoned...

Unread postby Kelne » Mon Mar 29, 2004 8:49 pm

"I... think I'll let the Frost Giants keep the ascendancy," August said, "After all, even if I got it, someone else would just come along and take it in turn." Another thought occurred to her, "We're not just going to leave him here like this, are we?" she asked, speaking of Tokugawa. Letting him go might not be safe, but just leaving him here didn't feel right.


SALSAlys
 

Re: Tokugawa feels like he's been abandoned...

Unread postby SALSAlys » Tue Mar 30, 2004 12:03 am

"You have no boldness, child," the Witch chuckled, then glanced back at Tokugawa, seeming amused.

"And why shouldn't he be left there?"


JoshuaDurron
 

Must check these boards more often

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:53 am

Ascendency... we're under ground. Someone else... possibly "Jarvik" controls the surface. This creature... wants to regain control of it? That might appeal to Tokugawa...

Just then, Nate realized that the creature was headed his way. Acting on instinct, he chose the best course of action: Panicked imporvisation.

I know enough to look like I know it all. I hope.

As the Bone Witch came up to where Nate was "hiding" he assumed a more relaxed position, as if he was casually leaning on the wall and eavesdropping, and said, "And of what interest is the Ascendency to you, dead one? Do you wish to gather relics from the dead it will create? Or just rob other souls of their eternal rest?"

God bless RPGs that teach you fancy language...

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=joshuadurron>JoshuaDurron</A] at: 3/30/04 11:54 am

SALSAlys
 

Re: Must check these boards more often

Unread postby SALSAlys » Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:43 pm

The Bone Witch twisted to look at Nate, seeming delighted.

"Oh, I am not dead, nor am I alive... not like you, you fleshling. And the ascendancy of the races is my amusement... I watch them come and go, rise and fall, flesh and bone..."

She began cackling, gesturing back towards the stiff form of Tokugawa, and the corpse of the gunman.

"I take no relics of the dead, I need none! They come to me eventually anyways!" she added gleefully.


JoshuaDurron
 

Re: Must check these boards more often

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue Mar 30, 2004 10:12 pm

By definition, not alive is dead...

Of course, that wasn't entirely true, and he knew it. Aloud, he asked, "Then why, pray thee tell, do you concern yourself with us?"


SALSAlys
 

Re: Must check these boards more often

Unread postby SALSAlys » Sat Apr 10, 2004 2:55 pm

"Ach, need I a reason other than my own amusement?" she asked, grinning eerily. "And you best ask your friend to behave before I release him," she added, gesturing back to Tokugawa.


JoshuaDurron
 

Re: Must check these boards more often

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Mon Apr 12, 2004 4:35 pm

Nate frowned. "It is in your best interest, Tokugawa. But it's your decision. Sink or swim."

I hope he understands that figure of speach...


User avatar
Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC
 
Posts: 848
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2002 9:36 pm

Re: Must check these boards more often

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Sat Apr 17, 2004 10:55 pm

Tokugawa growled again, but stopped straining against the witch magic.

"Very well...but we will need to leave this place soon, lest the less immortal amongst us freeze to death."


User avatar
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!
 
Posts: 3604
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:02 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: Must check these boards more often

Unread postby Kelne » Sat Apr 24, 2004 11:38 pm

August regarded this latest development with considerable relief. Samurai were, after all, supposed to be men of their word. For the moment, she didn't have any intention of saying anything to jeopardise the accord forming.


Previous

Return to Other RPs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron

Yalogank