Daring, or Stupid? (Freestyle Gaera rp)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
RedLady19
 

Re: moving the plot along

Unread postby RedLady19 » Sat Nov 29, 2003 6:28 am

Blinking a few times Devlin's grin faded and his voice took on a more serious tone. " This isn't just for looks." He says patting his axe. " Don't you worry I for one will be going in there to get them back." Devlin's grin reappeared as soon as he was done speaking and his tone grew eager again. "So when do we leave? I can't speak for them but it seems at least me and that girl over there." Devlin points at her. "Are going to be heading out there!"


GiftedRichard
 

Re: moving the plot along

Unread postby GiftedRichard » Sat Nov 29, 2003 6:30 am

OOC: Oh! Damn! Sorry about that! It was me posting that.. Need to pay more attention to who is loged on..


Blinking a few times Devlin's grin faded and his voice took on a more serious tone. " This isn't just for looks." He says patting his axe. " Don't you worry I for one will be going in there to get them back." Devlin's grin reappeared as soon as he was done speaking and his tone grew eager again. "So when do we leave? I can't speak for them but it seems at least me and that girl over there." Devlin points at her. "Are going to be heading out there!"


bunnygirle78
 
Posts: 1245
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2002 11:36 pm

Re: moving the plot along

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Sat Nov 29, 2003 3:16 pm

Bunny smiled.

"Yes." She said looking at the Captain. "I would be glad to help you get your children back." She said setting her basket down and removing her hood revealing that she was an Usajin, and also revealing a small silver horn in the center of her forehead.

"My name is Bunny Dove." She said with a grin.


User avatar
Ash Fanrico
The Key Master
 
Posts: 1097
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:23 am

Re: moving the plot along

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Sat Nov 29, 2003 11:51 pm

The Cap'n grinned, he had known that the girl was something... he wasn't expecting an Usajin. He didn't care really, as long as she was willing to help him.

"I'm glad to hear that... the both of you. And you... Mister Coppermirth?" asked the Captain as he stared at the half-elf, who was still leaning against the wall, arms folded.

"Well... I can't turn down a person whose lost his kids. Even if they are knee deep in the Living Hell." he replied as he pushed himself off the wall and walked over towards the others.

"I guess I'm in. My hand is in this group... till the job is over." he said.

"That's good to hear Mr. Coppermirth. And you Sir Mage?" asked the Captain to Astrynax. "Is your hand in this as well?" he added.


User avatar
Endesu
ラムレッダ
 
Posts: 3060
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

Re: moving the plot along

Unread postby Endesu » Sun Nov 30, 2003 6:07 pm

Astrynax, honestly.. didn't care. He didn't really want to know about the motivations of the mission at this point. Given the 'allies' he was dealing with in this case, he couldn't say he was exactly motivated to follow suit.

But, as it was, he was already hipdeep in the proceedings. Might as well..

He shrugged. "I suppose so."


bunnygirle78
 
Posts: 1245
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2002 11:36 pm

Re: moving the plot along

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:29 am

Bunny smiled.

"I suppose this means I will be hearing you to arguing a bit more then?" She said to Astrynax and Devlin.

"I suppose I should give you my name now." She said with a laugh. "My name is Bunny Dove."






User avatar
Ash Fanrico
The Key Master
 
Posts: 1097
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:23 am

Re: moving the plot along

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Tue Dec 02, 2003 1:18 pm

DeMalo nodded, "Then it's settled. I shall allow you four to go get whatever materials you need for this quest before we begin. Try not to take too long." ordered DeMalo as he walked back up into his study.

IM:I just hope for my children's safety, that these four can work together as a team. Specially that axe-wielder and mage... they may create some problems.

Duile sighed as he turned to the other three, "Well... you heard the man. I guess we can meet back here in a few minutes. I need to get my gear anyway." said Duile as he headed towards the door.


bunnygirle78
 
Posts: 1245
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2002 11:36 pm

Re: moving the plot along

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Tue Dec 02, 2003 2:33 pm

Bunny removed her cloak, revealing an orange ninja suit, and pulled another hood from her belt. She pulled it over her head and lifted a mask over her face.

"I'm ready." She said as she leaned against the wall. Her flute was safely hanging on her belt. There wasn't any need to gather herbs, she had a fresh supply with her.




User avatar
Endesu
ラムレッダ
 
Posts: 3060
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

Re: moving the plot along

Unread postby Endesu » Wed Dec 03, 2003 6:47 pm

Asty shrugged. He had brought everything with him, as it was. He did not believe in 'last minute preparations'.

"I have little use to debate with fools. They only serve to make you look all the more foolish." He stated, folding his arms and awaiting the inevitable setting out.

"Not that anyone should care, but for those who weren't listening, I am Astrynax." He sneered as he stated this, perhaps out of a sense of contempt.. or an awkward attempt at humor.

Edited by: Crawling Reshiki at: 12/4/03 4:48 pm

User avatar
Ash Fanrico
The Key Master
 
Posts: 1097
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:23 am

Duile's Concerns

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Thu Dec 04, 2003 12:43 pm

Duile sighed as he walked towards the door, this group was going to be difficult to manage.

Fortunately, the Half-elf had kept his temper pretty well in check. Duile pondered on the others abilities as he walked towards the Inn he had been previously staying at.

IM:Ok... First, I got a short usajin, who looks more accustomed to forests and open fields than trekking through the hell hole that is Belvoken. Second, I got an arrogant and argumentive mage with a serious superiority complex. Finally, I got a large axe-wielding, foriegn tongue speaking, and equally argumentive warrior type.

Mainly, cause the first impressions weren't too flattering. The Mage and the Warrior had already resorted to arguing between each other, which is never a good start for a group that's meant to be a team. Duile also still had his doubts about the usajin as well.

"I'll be a true miracle worker if I manage pull these three together and have them work cohesively when the time calls for it." mumbled the Half-elf as he checked back into the inn.

A Few Minutes Later

With his gear in hand, Duile walked back towards the place that DeMalo was staying.


User avatar
Endesu
ラムレッダ
 
Posts: 3060
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

Re: Duile's Concerns

Unread postby Endesu » Thu Dec 04, 2003 3:43 pm

"I just hope this doesn't descend into another 'save the world' mission." Astrynax groused as the half-elf made his return. "I've seen quite enough of it to last a lifetime." He briefly touched two fingers to his unseen forehead, as if suffering from some sort of headache.

"As long as there are no Moogles around..."


User avatar
Ash Fanrico
The Key Master
 
Posts: 1097
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:23 am

Re: Duile's Concerns

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Mon Dec 08, 2003 2:09 am

Duile smirked, "What's the matter now? Getting cold feet already about this mission are we?" he said while walking past the mage, spear in hand. The Half-Elf hadn't taken that long to get his gear, as the inn he had been staying at wasn't too far off.

Duile set down his pouch next to Devlin, as he sat down in a nearby chair. "Not that I don't trust you... but don't take anything from my pouch... or it'll be your hand that you find missing." he told the warrior.

Edited by: Ash Fanrico  Image at: 12/8/03 3:38 pm

bunnygirle78
 
Posts: 1245
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2002 11:36 pm

Re: Duile's Concerns

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:42 pm

Bunny sat down on the floor and stared at the three that she had found herself paired with. She laughed to herself and leaned back on her hands.

"You three are funny." She said. "We don't know each other yet, and you already don't seem to like each other." She said grinning. "We have no need to doubt each other just yet, we have yet to see each others skills at hand."

She held her grin, but her overly large green eyes focused on the three, and narrowed slightly.

"Distrust in such an evil place will bring us doom." She said seriously, her attitude drastically changing from happy and cheerful to serious and stern.


User avatar
Ash Fanrico
The Key Master
 
Posts: 1097
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:23 am

Re: Duile's Concerns

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Mon Dec 08, 2003 3:43 pm

"I realize that Bunny... and I really don't feel like playing mediator between these two, should my life be on the line sometime in the near future." Duile said whilest he continued to sharpen his spear.

"THAT and I'm really paranoid about others and my things." smirked Duile as he sat there still.


bunnygirle78
 
Posts: 1245
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2002 11:36 pm

Re: Duile's Concerns

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Mon Dec 08, 2003 8:29 pm

Bunny smiled.

"Then I promise not to touch your things." She said jumping to her feet.

"I am sure we will truly venture well." She said looking at the other two. "What say you two, why not begin again, without insult this time."


User avatar
Ash Fanrico
The Key Master
 
Posts: 1097
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:23 am

Almost time...

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Mon Dec 08, 2003 9:40 pm

DeMalo was upstairs in his study, observing his watch as the hands ticked on by.

IM:Almost time to begin... hope this investment I've undertaken will prove a smart one.


User avatar
Endesu
ラムレッダ
 
Posts: 3060
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

Re: Almost time...

Unread postby Endesu » Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:08 am

Asty tucked his head inwards for a brief moment. "The only reason I detest the possible opening into a 'oh no! the world is in danger moment', beyond the inevitable obnoxious semantics, is the fact that the world of Gaera itself would be damaged by such an event. I would rather the world remain unharmed from the petty motives of those on the surface."

He paused briefly before speaking again. "As long as the axeman here can keep his mouth shut, I won't have any major issues with this group."


User avatar
Ash Fanrico
The Key Master
 
Posts: 1097
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:23 am

Re: Almost time...

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Tue Dec 09, 2003 10:17 pm

Duile snorted, as he leaned back... taking a quick break from his sharpening.

"You definately sound like a ray of frickin' sunshine there Astrynax." staring right at the mage.

"I seriously doubt this will become a 'save the world' type of situation... we'll probably get to kick alot of demonic ass... but I doubt any of it will have an effect on the world as we know it." added the Half-Elf as he returned to sharpening his spear point. Soon, the task was complete.

IM:There... finished... now...

The Half-Elf ran his right hand down the pole of the spear, till he found what he was looking for. A slight bump on the pole... the switch.

*Ka-Ticktch* From out of the opposite end of the spear point emerged a long scythe blade.


bunnygirle78
 
Posts: 1245
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2002 11:36 pm

Re: Almost time...

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:43 am

Bunny jumped back nearly knocking over a near by chair. The blade had startled her a bit. She stared at it and then tilted her head.

"Wow," she said with slight awe. "I've never seen anything like that before."

She looked at Astrynax and leaned towards him.

"Come on now Astryney," she said with a grin. "Don't be gloomy, we will have fun along the way."

"Besides, a skilled mage like you can surly wipe out many daemons. Come on," she said looking at him with a tilted head. "Smile please," she said with a wide grin.


User avatar
Ash Fanrico
The Key Master
 
Posts: 1097
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:23 am

Re: Almost time...

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:49 am

Duile grinned at the usajin and mage, as he began to sharpen the scythe's blade as well.

IM:She's a cheery one alright. She'll make this a pretty interesting job.


User avatar
Endesu
ラムレッダ
 
Posts: 3060
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

Re: Almost time...

Unread postby Endesu » Sat Dec 13, 2003 12:04 am

Astrynax stared blankly at the blade as he stood there.

"You never can tell, can you? The gods have a wicked sense of humor on this."

His arms remained folded as he looked towards the girl and retained a blank look on his shrouded face. "When I see something to smile about, I will."

This he said before he felt a small grumble in his tummy.

Gah! Just like the Moogle.

He looked from left to right slowly and shrugged. "If we're still going to be waiting here... for a bit longer... then I will make use of the time."

With that, he opened his pack with an arm reached back, pulled out a bowl filled with salad, apparently prepared beforehand, and began to eat it silently.


bunnygirle78
 
Posts: 1245
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2002 11:36 pm

salad

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Sat Dec 13, 2003 12:31 am

"Would you like some wild mushrooms to go with that?" Bunny asked holding out her basket.

"Go on take as many as you would like, I can always get more."


Seethe347
 

Re: salad

Unread postby Seethe347 » Sun Dec 14, 2003 11:52 pm

Kilisha sighed in disgust as she checked her funds.

Broke.

This last trip to the market had nearly exhausted her "coin collection." Now what could she do to make a few bucks?

She mulled this question over in her mind as she approached the inn that one of the merchants had directed her to. Kotoki's. She expected that she'd remember that name for a while, as her stay here tonight would be the last time she could afford to sleep in a bed for a while.

Before she entered, she noticed a bulletin board. Might as well take a look.

One notice on this board stood out from the rest.

Wanted: Help in Recovering Precious Cargo, $10,000 Reward. Must be willing to travel into possible dangerous territory. ---Captain Samuel DeMalo

Sounds lovely. I'll bet I'm dead in... five minutes.

Ah well. Maybe not. Might as well check it out.


A while later, after finding someone willing to give her directions, then following those directions to the wrong place, and finally just guessing her way, Kilisha arrived at the house of Captain DeMalo.


User avatar
Ash Fanrico
The Key Master
 
Posts: 1097
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:23 am

Re: salad

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Mon Dec 15, 2003 2:38 pm

Kilisha got a look that she was probably used to, as the entire room seemed to turn her way as she entered. Duile in particular looked a bit surprised.

IM:Strange... got a peculiar feeling about this one...

Barker spoke up after what seemed like forever, "Ummm... Miss... uhh... anytin ah can do fer ya?" asked the sailor, a little sheepish towards this newcomer.


bunnygirle78
 
Posts: 1245
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2002 11:36 pm

Re: salad

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Mon Dec 15, 2003 5:07 pm

Bunny looked at the woman who had entered, there was an interesting sent about her, and she tilted her head for a second to think.

Bunny walked over to her and leaned in close, her nose twitched again as she stared at the woman. She was a bit difficult to read, and Bunny was confused. She was having a difficult time sensing emotions from this woman. She leaned in closer and stared into her eyes.

"Hi," Bunny said with a grin. "My name is Bunny."


User avatar
Endesu
ラムレッダ
 
Posts: 3060
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

Re: salad

Unread postby Endesu » Tue Dec 16, 2003 1:37 am

Astrynax did not respond to the offer of mushrooms. He was deeply into his salad. And he honestly didn't care about hurting anyone's feelings..

The new arrival caused him to shudder briefly, however. He could tell that there was something about this.. woman that innately displeased him. He was not quite sure what just yet, but it broke his concentration long enough to look towards her.


User avatar
Ash Fanrico
The Key Master
 
Posts: 1097
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:23 am

Re: salad

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Tue Dec 16, 2003 2:34 am

DeMalo heard the door open downstairs, and walked out towards the upstairs railing. His sight was met by a strange-looking woman. He had met many strange people in his life, hell, he HAS been to Forfeit Isle... filled with many "unique" people. But this woman... sent a chill down his spine.

Upon Barker finishing, DeMalo spoke up, "Isn't it obvious?" he asked as he walked towards the stairs.


Seethe347
 

Re: salad

Unread postby Seethe347 » Tue Dec 16, 2003 3:05 am

Kilisha nodded once in greeting to the one who had called herself Bunny, but did not look at her grin for long. Seeing the grin on the girl's face made Kilisha feel a spark of joy, and that was not an emotion that she found pleasant. It would give the tiny human chained in the depths of her soul something to fight against the darkness with, so the darkness would have to knock it back out of her.

She looked in the direction of the captain when he arrived.

"I am here about... the job," she said.

Her voice was such that it should have been pleasing to hear, but it instead felt cold and... discomforting. It also seemed that her Common was a little underpracticed.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=seethe347>Seethe347</A] at: 12/26/03 10:37 pm

bunnygirle78
 
Posts: 1245
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2002 11:36 pm

Re: salad

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Tue Dec 16, 2003 9:51 pm

Bunny jumped stepped away from the woman, feeling suddenly uncomfortable.


User avatar
Ash Fanrico
The Key Master
 
Posts: 1097
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:23 am

Re: salad

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Tue Dec 16, 2003 11:25 pm

DeMalo visibly was shaking off the second chill to go down his spine.

"Well... I feel obligated to let you know what you're going to be up against. You'll be journeying to the small town known as Belvoken. Ever heard of it?" he asked.

(OOC: This should be picking up soon... so don't worry.)


Seethe347
 

Re: salad

Unread postby Seethe347 » Wed Dec 17, 2003 2:28 pm

Belvoken. Kilisha might have known. She wasn't too interested in rushing to her demise. Still, something compelled her to ask one thing.

"And what are... what is the... precious... cargo... then?"


User avatar
Ash Fanrico
The Key Master
 
Posts: 1097
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:23 am

Re: salad

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Wed Dec 17, 2003 6:48 pm

Duile took this time to speak up, "I'll tell ya... give the good cap'n a break. Apparently, DeMalo's kids are the adventerous types. So I'll give ya two guesses where they've wound up lost. That... is the precious cargo." he said, still sharpening his scythe blade.


User avatar
Endesu
ラムレッダ
 
Posts: 3060
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

Re: salad

Unread postby Endesu » Thu Dec 18, 2003 4:03 am

Astrynax silently stared at Killsha and hissed under his teeth. He could tell what this woman was, already. The smell of her kind was easy to pick up and impossible to dispose of.

He stood away slightly, hoping to convince himself not to try and kill this newcomer.


Seethe347
 

Re: salad

Unread postby Seethe347 » Thu Dec 18, 2003 1:40 pm

His kids? After taking a moment to take this in, Kilisha suddenly felt something in the way of an emotion.

"I'll go," she said. Her voice didn't seem as cold this time, but was instead a little sad.


User avatar
Ash Fanrico
The Key Master
 
Posts: 1097
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:23 am

Those aren't krutons in your salad

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Thu Dec 18, 2003 5:20 pm

DeMalo nodded, "Thank you..." he said softly while taking a glance at his watch.

The Cap'n looked up at the assembled group. It was time, time to see if this investment was worth it. The assembled few could tell this...

"I'd like to request something of you all..." he said while looking around the room, the tears already starting to well up. "even if... my children... are dead... please bring back whatever is... left.... left of them... as proof." he finished, holding himself back from breaking down.

Duile nodded, "As you wish sir,*looks to the others* but let's hope it doesn't come to that." he added, clicking the scythe back into it's port in the spear.

The Half-elf slowly got up, stretched his back, got his pack off the ground, and was ready.

(GMing Action)

DeMalo placed his hand on the shoulder of Devlin, his eyes looking stern. The others were getting ready to leave, but the Cap'n was keeping the warrior back.

"I'm sorry Mr. Devlin... I respect your abilities, but the way you handled yourself with the mage is unacceptable. Specially when my childrens' lives could be on the lines." he said softy, while handing the warrior about half of the promised price.

"To show no hard feelings of course. I may seek you out later on." finished the Captain as he turned towards the stairs.

With that, Devlin was no longer part of the group.


Seethe347
 

Then they must be sunflower seeds.

Unread postby Seethe347 » Thu Dec 18, 2003 9:58 pm

Kilisha nodded.

Her thoughts turned to the mage. She could tell that he knew what she was. She only hoped that he wouldn't do anything drastic. If he did, there would really be no way that it would turn out well for her. Either he would kill her, or she would have someone else hunting her.

She had not taken her pack off, so she was ready to go as well.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=seethe347>Seethe347</A] at: 12/18/03 11:33 pm

bunnygirle78
 
Posts: 1245
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2002 11:36 pm

Re: Those aren't krutons in your salad

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Fri Dec 19, 2003 1:36 am

Bunny bowed her head and walked up to the Captain. She stared at him for a moment, reading his emotions, and feeling them as her own.

"I promise to bring them back to you no matter what." She said sternly. "And I will take no payment, I do this. . ." she said feeling suddenly sad. "I do this for you, to ease a fathers pain."

She forced a smile at him.

"Do not give up the hope of a father for his children, do not surrender the love you hold so dear, they will return to you." She said turning to leave.


User avatar
Ash Fanrico
The Key Master
 
Posts: 1097
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:23 am

And so they set out...

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Sun Dec 21, 2003 10:55 pm

(OOC: I'm sorry for my lack of GMing these days... works been hellacious since it's the Holiday Season. That and working lotsa hours can really put a person out, and make them not feel like hopping into the net for a while.)

Upon leaving the Cap'n's house, Duile looked over at the newest member of their sudden search party.

"So..." he said to the succubus, "what brings you to seek a merc job?" asked the inquisitive half-elf, resting his trusted spear on his right shoulder.


Seethe347
 

Re: And so they set out...

Unread postby Seethe347 » Mon Dec 22, 2003 1:46 am

Kilisha looked back at the half-elf. He had been around her for well over ten seconds and was still talking to her. That was either very good or very bad.

"I... was low on funding. The ten thousand looked... pretty enticing," answered Kilisha. "But I... didn't think I would actually take the job... really. It was... the kids that really... convinced me."

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=seethe347>Seethe347</A] at: 12/22/03 2:45 am

User avatar
Ash Fanrico
The Key Master
 
Posts: 1097
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:23 am

Re: And so they set out...

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:28 pm

Duile nodded, "Yep, a high number like that tends to attract many. Usually only those who are very sure of themselves in actually achieving such a high price." replied the Half-Elf as the group neared the exit way out of the city.

Duile let in a deep breath, "If any of you have any strong ties to this city... now would be a good time to take one final look at it. Because some of us may not make it back from Belvoken." he said as they moved on.


PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron

Yalogank