Under the Night Sky (Closed Freestyle RP)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
User avatar
KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?
 
Posts: 2656
Joined: Tue May 07, 2002 7:21 pm
Location: Calgary

Re: *Changes Shadowgate music; also Mech's first lurk warnin

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:27 pm

<span style="font-family:century gothic; color:maroon;">Having travelled many a chasm in his time, Finn could not help but laugh at Nieb's misfortune.

"Ha ha ha! Oh, son, ye must learn to watch your footing in these... ah, what's the point, ye can't understand me anyways..." Finn did realize that assisstance was a universal language, and extended a hand to help his four armed ally off his bottom.</span>


User avatar
NebulaQueen
Moderator
 
Posts: 2557
Joined: Fri May 31, 2002 6:38 pm

Re: *Changes Shadowgate music; also Mech's first lurk warnin

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:32 pm

Mina turned around, to see that Nieb was already being helped up by Finn. After letting out a small sigh of relief from seeing that he was allright, she moves as close to Kaname as possible without getting in her way, and asks, "Do you see anything inside the room?"


JoshuaDurron
 

Re: *Changes Shadowgate music; also Mech's first lurk warnin

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Mon Feb 02, 2004 4:12 pm

"I'm not sure," Kaname answered, while leaning closer and holding her light closer to the odd, unnatural looking object in the shadows. "Looks like there's something here..."


Uncle Pervy
 

Re: *Changes Shadowgate music; also Mech's first lurk warnin

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Feb 02, 2004 4:43 pm

Closer examination reveals that it seems to be a carved altar or sorts. Kaname also notes that there seems to be some writing carved into the smoothed walls.


JoshuaDurron
 

Re: *Changes Shadowgate music; also Mech's first lurk warnin

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Mon Feb 02, 2004 4:46 pm

Kaname stepped up to the alter and gave a low wistle, rather difficult with her face still concealed by her face mask. "Looks like an alter. An old one. It's carved..."

She picked her way slowly over to where the alter was (assuming she can reach it, of course) and began inspecting the writing more closely.


Uncle Pervy
 

*use bottle 1 on self*

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Feb 02, 2004 5:00 pm

Now walking fully into the room, Kaname can see several things. It is clear this oval-shaped chamber was once used by the faith. A few constellations have been carved into the ceiling, using the small stalactites to aid in the pictures when possible. There are a few murals to be scene, depicting such things as the blindfolded goddess setting the heavens into motion. Many of the murals suffer from erosion, and and mostly unrecognizable. The writing to be found around the murals doesn't seem to be in any dialect that Kaname knows.

The altar itself is very plain and unimpressive, it seems to be marking a place to offer prayer, more than anything else. Aside from the half-moon symbol of Kalyca carved into the front of it, it bears no decorations. However, it does stand at a fork in the path, one tunnel continues ahead and descends, while the over curves to the right.

A drop of water falls from a stalactite and splashes Kaname on the head.




Mechanisto
 
Posts: 327
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2003 9:42 pm

Re: *use bottle 1 on self*

Unread postby Mechanisto » Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:10 pm

Nieb rubbed the small of his back for a bit after having been helped up... so embarrasing... but then, I've never been anyplace like this before. As he entered the altar room, his silence became for of an awed one. he examined the room from top to bottom, paying close attention to the altar itself... had he ever see anything like this before?


Choark
 

Re: *use bottle 1 on self*

Unread postby Choark » Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:20 pm

"Hmm, nearly as old as I." Andy said while gazing around where he could see. "Right!" He exclaimed clapping his hands together. The loud sound breaking another moment of silence. It was obvious to all there that Andy cared little for any stealth in this buisness. As impressive as this place was Andy didn't like to take the time to look at the scenary while someone may be in trouble.

When he got old he started to think of all that time he 'wasted' and could have spent doing more apporite things, or trouble caused by not enough haste.

"Well now its the choice time. Obviously Sister Marissa couldn't have taken both paths, so what do you want to do now kiddies?" The old man looked almost happy under all those wrinkles and folds. Maybe.


User avatar
KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?
 
Posts: 2656
Joined: Tue May 07, 2002 7:21 pm
Location: Calgary

Re: *use bottle 1 on self*

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:56 pm

<span style="font-family:century gothic; color:maroon;">"If I gambled, I would bet on the left path. Don' ask me why, I just have a feeling."

He began to head down that way, and turned to address his allies. "If you wish to follow the man who's seen more tunnels than stars, I advise you to come with me..."</span>


Uncle Pervy
 

*Uses the Star on Gus. Gus' head a splode :(*

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Feb 02, 2004 11:57 pm

Although Andrew wasn't one for looking around, he did notice that there was something odd about the way that symbol was set into the altar. He couldn't quite put his finger on it, but one didn't live as long as he did without getting a sense that something was wrong in a room.

Nieb did not recognize the writing. With a bit thought, he could place the constellations depicted above him well enough.

Edited by: Uncle Pervy&nbsp; Image at: 2/3/04 12:01 am

User avatar
NebulaQueen
Moderator
 
Posts: 2557
Joined: Fri May 31, 2002 6:38 pm

Re: *use bottle 1 on self*

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Tue Feb 03, 2004 12:05 am

Mina looked around, not quite sure what to do. After hearing Finn give his advice, she spoke up, saying, "We should probably follow his advice...but maybe we should take a quick look at the right path, first? Just in case there are any signs of her or anything there..."


User avatar
Justice Augustus
Administrator
 
Posts: 1634
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 6:28 am

Bottle o' Rum? Was there yo ho hoing?

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Tue Feb 03, 2004 12:25 am

Jifael nervously checked his daggers again, staying quiet at the back seemed to have taken the others attention away from him, but it was starting to look as if this wasn't the hidden treasury he had dreamt it would be. Now he just hoped to either stumble upon some trinket he could swipe or to work his way into the trust of the newcomers, a trust he could then abuse.

"I think that splitting up would be a bad idea. Why don't Sister Mina and Brother Finn quickly search for clues down the right hallway while the rest of us give this chamber another look. Maybe we'll find another secret door!"



User avatar
KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?
 
Posts: 2656
Joined: Tue May 07, 2002 7:21 pm
Location: Calgary

OW! There are fifteen men on my chest! *is a dead man*

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Tue Feb 03, 2004 12:43 am

<span style="font-family:century gothic; color:maroon;">"Hmmm..." Finn stroked his beard, obviously deep in thought. What I'd do for my pipe between my teeth right now...

"How about this, fellows... Brother Andrew, you take my place on the right path. There may be dangers we may not be able to predict below..."</span>


JoshuaDurron
 

Re: Bottle o' Rum? Was there yo ho hoing?

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue Feb 03, 2004 12:45 am

Kaname shook her head. "I think the dw- the Brother is correct. The left route does seem to be the better way to go. And I doubt there are any doors hidden here. The first illusion was the best, and no one's been here to establish another in a long, long time."


Choark
 

Old man sence tingerling

Unread postby Choark » Tue Feb 03, 2004 6:46 am

By the fallen oak, Andy thought while half listening to the argument he knew was going to happen. He had almost been impressed when they decided on an action almost straight away but now his attention had been caught by the altar's symbol.

Knowing full well ignoring a small detail such as this could be costly, while everyone was pondering on there course of action Andy walked over to the Altar and gave it a good stern looking at. The sence of 'wrong' in the room had suddenly made him very careful, a room that felt wrong was a room to stay out of, which explains why Andy, in his long life, had never stepped into a girls toilet.

'Hmm hmm, secret doors, hidden caverns and un-used forgotten altars' Andy thought with a small ironic chuckle.


Uncle Pervy
 

Re: Old man sence tingerling

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Feb 03, 2004 7:11 am

While the symbol didn't quite whither under Andrew's gaze like a brash acolyte tends to do, he did notice that it seemed to set apart from the altar, rather than carved into it. It could be possible to remove it.


Choark
 

Re: Old man sence tingerling

Unread postby Choark » Tue Feb 03, 2004 10:33 am

The smart thing to do would be to look around and see what this could possibly effect.

Another smart thing to do would be to tell everyone else so they could give there views on it.

The smartest and safest course would to be to leave it alone, nothing was happening now to harm them so messing with something odd could always upset that fact.

But from what the old man knew of Churches they weren't one for setting deadly horrible traps, well there were the odd one or two worshiping some demon or ones were the architects got a little carried away, and those virgins, wrapped in cloth, sacrificing penises or some-such, awful business, tragic loss.

No, altars with switches normally led to some secret stash of gold or riches, maybe another secret place of worship even, for when Kings decided that the Churches wealth should be his, or they didn't particularly like the way the worshipers were thinking. Like how he shouldn't of killed his wife just to get a new Queen for a new heir.

No, Andy was a smart man, he could see that it looked like Sister Marissa hadn't touched this so neither was he. He was here for her after all, everything else be damned until then.

But that doesn't mean you should ignore something like this.

"Hmmm, quite odd, quite odd." He mumbled loudly. "Damn strange having Altars below Altars, you'd think the whole world was built on the graves of the past this way. Hmm. Hmm. Strange strange. I can see something odd about this but can't place it, damn these old eyes, seen a few sites to they have, probably too many, ain't what they used to be, focuses on the past too much. " He shifted around away from the Altar. "One of you take a gander for me hm? If you're interested of course, if not the direction I'd choose is to the right for now. I'm not in the mood for going down the damp air will make my hips complain something rotten."

Andy could easily lead the rest of his life having not messed around with the altar and not die from the curiosity, time would do it before long. But young people, ah sweet young people, they always have to know what everything does.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=choark>Choark</A]&nbsp; Image at: 2/3/04 10:35 am

JoshuaDurron
 

Re: Old man sence tingerling

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue Feb 03, 2004 5:00 pm

Kaname sighed and turned her attention to Andy. "If it'll help us get on faster, I'll take a gander at it."

Kaname walked over to the alter and examined the symbol, and did the instinctive thing. She reached out and gave it a firm tap. If nothing happened, then next she would simply take it and pocket it. It didn't look like it belonged there, and might have been mislocated.


Uncle Pervy
 

Re: Old man sence tingerling

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Feb 03, 2004 6:06 pm

It did not react in any way that seemed unusual. From the feel, she could tell it was carved from some sort of smooth glassy stone.

It slips free of its setting easily enough. As Kaname moves to pocket the symbol, she notes that the writing on the murals seem to look radically different. However, as she lets it go, it they seem to look as they always did.


JoshuaDurron
 

Re: Old man sence tingerling

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue Feb 03, 2004 7:51 pm

Patting the pouch she had put the stone in nervously, she said to Andy, "Other than the fact that it looks out of place, I see nothing fancy about it. We'll see if we can find where it goes later. In the mean time, have we decided which way to go? I do believe you are the one they put in charge."


Choark
 

Re: Old man sence tingerling

Unread postby Choark » Wed Feb 04, 2004 11:26 am

The old man shrugged. "Well if nothing is important about it put it back" He said with his back to her, heading to the right. "No point carrying it around otherwise, and this is an altar, an old altar, of my God so show some respect for what's here."

He walked to the corrdior that curved right "Come on, I'll at least need the light to shine the way."


JoshuaDurron
 

Whee, temple robbery!

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Wed Feb 04, 2004 4:17 pm

With a sigh, Kaname hauled out the old rock and balanced it in her palm, objectively weighing its effect on her. She scrutinized both it, and the effect it had on the carvings, trying to determine if they made them legible or not. Whether the stone had any effect there or not, she made as if to put it back, and did her best to palm it unnoticed as she did. No point throwing away something that might become useful later on. It had lain unused gathering dust long enough, an experience Kaname was familiar with, and she felt it would appriciate being used, or at least the change of scenery.

It was hardly sacreligious to take such an unused relic, especially if it could be put to constructive use in what seemed to be a worthy undertaking. Still, I doubt old man Andy would understand...


Uncle Pervy
 

Re: Whee, temple robbery!

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Feb 04, 2004 4:27 pm

Kaname looked at the worn mural behind the altar. This Mural features what seems to be a robed woman, apparent age washed away by erosion, kneeling in prayer in what seems to be a forest.

In the days of the Caliphate's press, we stoods as always, ambivalent. The ver- There is a large portion of the text in faded letters which do not seem to have been translated. Perhaps they are too damaged? -it was as the Northern Lamp, standing firm as the others stars ran their course through the heavens.


User avatar
KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?
 
Posts: 2656
Joined: Tue May 07, 2002 7:21 pm
Location: Calgary

Re: Whee, temple robbery!

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Wed Feb 04, 2004 6:00 pm

<span style="font-family:century gothic; color:maroon;">Finn tapped his foot.

"Does that wee trinket affect our decision? Because if it doesn't, Sister, I suggest we get a move on. Marissa may not enjoy the delay..."</span>


JoshuaDurron
 

Re: Whee, temple robbery!

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:06 pm

Kaname balanced it in her hand for a moment and then replied, "It may very well make a difference, Brother. I didn't notice at first, but it seems that it is translating the writing for me. A part of it, at least. We may need it later..."

She left that thought hanging for a moment, then tossed the stone to Andy casually, and said, "Your choice to keep it or not, but I still say we go left. After all, who could miss the chance to check out a really neat cave?"


User avatar
NebulaQueen
Moderator
 
Posts: 2557
Joined: Fri May 31, 2002 6:38 pm

Re: Whee, temple robbery!

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Fri Feb 06, 2004 12:33 am

"If that's the case, maybe we do need it..."

Mina turned to Brother Andy, waiting for a response before going off.


Choark
 

We'll put it back when we're done

Unread postby Choark » Fri Feb 06, 2004 8:26 am

"Well as all you youngun's think its nessusary I'll go along." Andy said with a chuckle and held it looking around. Quite intresting idea really, of course it made sence in times when this religion was more ... 'popular'... as it were.

"As for where we go, there is a good chance that sister Marissa went down lower but we had best check this level first, if it looks like even more stairs we'll take all your first choices but I won't risk missing her."

'Of course if she's in trouble, the longer we take....
'then again this has already taken far longer then it should of. I'm going to give the young man who runs this place a swift kick up the rear if he knew about this. It's one thing to keep hidden chambers a secret from everyone under you, but from me?'





JoshuaDurron
 

Re: We'll put it back when we're done

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Fri Feb 06, 2004 10:49 am

Kaname nodded slowly. "There is some truth in that. We don't want to miss the Sister..." Kaname sighed. "I guess we should finish with this floor first."


User avatar
KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?
 
Posts: 2656
Joined: Tue May 07, 2002 7:21 pm
Location: Calgary

Re: Under the Night Sky (Closed Freestyle RP)

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Fri Feb 06, 2004 2:14 pm

<span style="font-family:century gothic; color:maroon;">"Then it's settled!" Finn slammed the butt of his axe into the ground, using it as a cane, and headed left. "I'm quite tired of waiting around here.

"MARISSA!" he called down the hall. "MARISSA, ARE YOU ALL RIGHT? MARISSA!"

And if my annoying sister says word one t'me, I'll cave in her head!

... oop. Sorry milady.
</span>


Uncle Pervy
 

Get equppied with: Radar

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Fri Feb 06, 2004 4:15 pm

The call echoed down the the hallway. "MARISSA! Marissa! <span style="font-size:xx-small;">Marissa...</span>"

There was no immediate reply. However, being used to living underground, Finn was able to tell a few things from the echo. It seems to have hit a closed door or a dead end. If it were the former, thie would severely limit how far his call went.

However, there is no reply. But Finn knows that if there is anything down here, it is now aware of his presence.


Mechanisto
 
Posts: 327
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2003 9:42 pm

Re: Under the Night Sky (Closed Freestyle RP)

Unread postby Mechanisto » Fri Feb 06, 2004 5:01 pm

Nieb turned sharpy when the call was sent out, but surpressed his surprise. They search for the sister? No wonder their mood is so uneasy... they must be some sort of danger here, and they wish to find her first. And the best way to keep it from finding her is to have it find us instead.

"=Gal'Shiaah willing, anyways...=" He kept an eye on everyone, as alert for danger as he could be.


User avatar
KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?
 
Posts: 2656
Joined: Tue May 07, 2002 7:21 pm
Location: Calgary

Re: Under the Night Sky (Closed Freestyle RP)

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Fri Feb 06, 2004 11:15 pm

<span style="font-family:century gothic; color:maroon;">Finn continued to walk down the hall, wanting to see the end of this way for himself.

"I'll be right back, lads!" he called to his compatriates...</span>


Uncle Pervy
 

Re: Under the Night Sky (Closed Freestyle RP)

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sun Feb 08, 2004 7:24 pm

And thus does Finn disappear corridor ahead.

(Chuck will be NPCed for bit, due to being gone. Also, hurry up and go somewhere >:|)


User avatar
Justice Augustus
Administrator
 
Posts: 1634
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 6:28 am

Re: Under the Night Sky (Closed Freestyle RP)

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:54 pm

Jifael looked at the others, his vision constantly glancing back to the stone symbol and then glancing back around the room. He gathered himself and cleared his throat. "We appear to be getting nowhere arguing over whether or not to keep the altar stone. Perhaps we'll need it, and we can always put it back later, as I suspect we'll come back this way." With that he turned and followed Finn, hoping the others would follow.



Choark
 

Cho's damn tired and head hurting post of smallness

Unread postby Choark » Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:01 am

Andy, still holding the stone, followed Jifael and Flinn glad not to be walking down more steps.


JoshuaDurron
 

Re: Cho's damn tired and head hurting post of smallness

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:35 pm

Kaname gave a shrug and followed the others down the lefthand hallway.


User avatar
NebulaQueen
Moderator
 
Posts: 2557
Joined: Fri May 31, 2002 6:38 pm

Re: Cho's damn tired and head hurting post of smallness

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Tue Feb 10, 2004 1:00 am

Mina sprinted after the others, making sure she wasn't left behind. Fiddle and bow clenched in hands, she tried to keep her senses alert, trying not to miss any signs of Sister Marissa.


User avatar
KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?
 
Posts: 2656
Joined: Tue May 07, 2002 7:21 pm
Location: Calgary

Let NPCness DIE!

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Tue Feb 10, 2004 1:02 am

<span style="font-family:century gothic; color:maroon;">Finn continued waddling down the corridor, annoyed. These corridors DO come to an end, do they not? He sighed. I should turn back... ah, but I'd probably give the annoying sister a quiver of reasons to question my manhood. So, I soldier on...</span>


Mechanisto
 
Posts: 327
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2003 9:42 pm

Re: Let NPCness DIE!

Unread postby Mechanisto » Tue Feb 10, 2004 9:39 am

Nieb followed deftly after Mina.

Hm... at this rate, I'll be a piece of furniture to these people.


JoshuaDurron
 

Re: Let NPCness DIE!

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:13 pm

Kaname, as the light source, was doing her best to catch up with Finn, but she didn't want to get caught by some unseen trap as she went. So she moderated her pace, examining the walls and floor for anything that might seem out of place, but kept moving at the best pace she could despite this.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=joshuadurron>JoshuaDurron</A] at: 2/10/04 10:15 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron

Yalogank