Fury of the Storm (PS, Closed)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: And now we may just get started.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon Sep 08, 2003 3:45 am

Griff nodded. It was a good point, and he realised it.

"Alright, we'll do it that way, then. Inverse, you find us a ship, and a crew, and well do it that way instead."


Uncle Pervy
 

Re: And now we may just get started.

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Sep 08, 2003 3:52 am

Inverse nodded. "Shouldn't be too much of a problem." He was already sorting through names of trading costers in Kohlingen. Of course, his own was right out. Couldn't have one of his ships pull into Vani's harbor and escape suspicion.


User avatar
Jak Snide
 
Posts: 5457
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 7:14 am
Location: London

Re: And now we may just get started.

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Sep 08, 2003 8:39 am

The prospect of scaling cliffs had not appealed to Jak too much, and thus he was quite relieved when Inverse had offered up another plan. Of course, he was wondering why the man would waste his own money when they could simply hire on as guards on a merchant vessel, getting a free trip, and pay to boot. Of course, he was assuming that such things worked as their land bound counterparts did.


User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: And now we may just get started.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Sep 09, 2003 7:58 pm

Fred and Griff whispered to one another for a moment or two, then Fred looked at the others.

"Well, that's about all we can do for now. We'll want to leave as soon as possible, so get to work on that ship, Inverse. As for the rest of you, you probably have at least a day or two to get ready and put your things in order. If anything comes up, we'll let you know. As far as transportation goes, we'll take care of enough chocobos to get us to Kholingen in as little time as nessessary. Once we get into Barius, we'll have a chance to sort things out a little further, but untill then, we've done all we can. Now, if you'll excuse us. my son and I have to get ready."

Griff nodded to the group and walked out, Fred following. Jaeko remained behind, however, probably just to get a drink or two before heading home.

(Right. Everyone check in now, and we'll timeskip once everyone's come up. Feel free to write about your characters perparations, if you want. If not, just a simple "Here" will do.)


Uncle Pervy
 

Re: And now we may just get started.

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Sep 09, 2003 8:09 pm

Inverse walked out quietly. He had a few things to set up before he left. Loose business ends and the like.

(Ready when you are, suh)


User avatar
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!
 
Posts: 3605
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:02 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: And now we may just get started.

Unread postby Kelne » Tue Sep 09, 2003 9:26 pm

Kelne nodded and left to sort out his own preparations. These mainly consisted of informing the minions that Enlil was in charge while he was gone, and making sure that they weren't going to try and follow him.

Not that the minions stood a chance of finding Barius on a map, but they'd only stir up trouble looking for him. Not that they wouldn't stir up trouble anyway...

Another prominent part of his preparations was working on the fire warding for his coat. It wouldn't be done in a single day, maybe not until halfway through the trip, depending on distractions. But it would certainly be finished by the time they arrived in Barius.


User avatar
Jak Snide
 
Posts: 5457
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 7:14 am
Location: London

Re: And now we may just get started.

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Sep 09, 2003 10:53 pm

Jak made his way back towards Kotoki's inn, to inform his beloved that he was off on another hair brained venture, and that, as usual, he may not come back. Standard affair, really, and Kotoki didn't mind a bit, seeing as he always came back. Of course, he also needed to pack provisions for the trip, along with a little money and those oh-so needed potions, but that was of secondary importance.


FlamingDeth
Moderator
 
Posts: 2128
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:54 am

Re: And now we may just get started.

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Wed Sep 10, 2003 2:08 am

Their high elven companion simply nodded and left the inn. She really had no pressing matters to take care of -- she tried to make a habit of not leaving any loose ends lying around, as they always have a habit of coming back to taunt you.


Blaze Yamato Spirit
 

Whee

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Thu Sep 11, 2003 9:43 pm

Blaze cast a glance at the bar before he left, fighting the urge for "just one" drink. He had had a bit of a drinking problem a year back, but he had it under control now. Still, there was always the temptation whenever he went into a bar.

The elf immediately went home after leaving - he had a number of things to do, and had to make sure that it was all done before he left: Fern had to be informed, and he had to approach that carefully, though he wouldn't candy-coat it. Warden needed to be told too. He felt sure that Warden would be for the venture, but it was Blaze's duty to let him know that he would be away for a liitle while. And then there was Drake... well, !Xiaman was keeping an eye on him.

Immediately upon arrival Blaze gathered all of his travelling gear - left unused for so long - and set it by, then packed some food. He took his rifle and leaned it by the door, ready to pick up on his way out. As he did so he noticed the box of bullets on the nearby table. Bullets he had had imbued with holy magic. The elf opened the lid and looked inside. Three left. He took them all, and added them to his pile, separate from his standard ammunition.


Edited by: Blaze Yamato Spirit at: 9/12/03 7:38 am

User avatar
Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!
 
Posts: 4579
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2002 2:09 pm

Re: Whee

Unread postby Capntastic » Fri Sep 12, 2003 12:49 am

Kyle more or less waved goodbye, and shuffled his way out. He had some people to talk to.

I am not too sure how I should feel about this...On one hand, I sort of want to go, but on the other...


User avatar
Reako Somner
Always sleepy, never asleep
 
Posts: 237
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2002 7:09 pm
Location: Look, I don't know anymore

Re: Whee

Unread postby Reako Somner » Fri Sep 12, 2003 9:54 am

Hmmm, ride on chocobos huh? I've never had the chance to do that before, I wonder what it's like?

Reako thought to himself for a moment, and about how the whole trip will turn out, while walking around town.

Whoever this Yanivukna is or whoever, he sounds pretty mean. I hope I'm a good enough "distraction" to help any...

Reako came upon a familiar looking store with plushies outside the window, and the shop owner, Ned, inside.

I think I'll spend some time here before it's time to go ^_^


ChancellorSmartz
 

Re: Whee

Unread postby ChancellorSmartz » Sun Sep 14, 2003 1:07 pm

"Very well," said the Chancellor. "Let us get on our way. And one last thing...whatever you do, do NOT blow my cover. Do not call me by my name by any means. I will be only known as some guy who is travelling with you, nothing more. If Vaniyakna knows that I am associating with you, it will be obvious to what my identity is. Got it?"

And with that, he walked out of the inn and stood next to a chocobo. "Alright. Let's do this."


User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: Whee

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon Sep 15, 2003 1:14 am

And within a few days time, three to be exact, the group headed off for Barius. Griff and Frederick made good on their word, getting the group Chocobos to use on the trip to Kholingen, although Jaeko ended up having to share a chocobo with Griff after catching Hell for giving Fred's prized chocobo Hanger away to a guardswoman. They arrived in Kholingen in another three days, where they took a single day of rest, then boarded a ship Inverse had chartered, The Second Star, to take them to Epech Cliff and wait for them to return.

Now, standing on the deck of The Second Star, the group looked up to see the landmark cliffs rocky face. It would be a bit of a climb, expecially with some of the stuff that was brought along, including weapons, bedrolls, a tent, and other various survival supplies, but fortunately, Kelnes flying carpet was made available and put to use carrying cargo and passengers to the top. Once there, Frederick got everything in order and looked over a sheet of paper he pulled from a pocket of his blue trenchcoat. He then turned to the others to address them-

"From now, we have two days before the tournament and festivities begin. The opening cerimony will be held in a recently constructed arena within the City of Storms, directly south of here. For now, we split up. Keep in small groups if you want, just be sure not to get yourselves caught, and make sure you're there for the opening cerimony. If you want to sign up for the thing, which may be a good idea if we're to serve as a good distraction to get attention away from Jaeko, do so at the arena. It shouldn't be hard to find once you enter the city itself. If you need money, I'm sure if you look around the city you'll find someone to convert your Gil or what-have-you into Kurlens. If that's all, gentlemen, We'll be seeing you in the Blitz arena in a couple of days."

And with that, Frederick spun on his heel and began off to the south, Griff following behind a moment or two later. Jaeko then stepped forward, giving a few maps that had been made up with important locations- Blizzardia to the west of the groups current position, the City of Storms to the south, Windor to the east, and Hailon to the south-east. The City of Storms was circled, as was Epech Cliff, Barius' northmost point. It was clear that travel to the City of Storms would take about a day, as where every other major city would take at least a day in a half. It was probably for the best that everyone headed for the City of Storms ASAP, so as not to miss the opening cerimony.

(Right, drawing up a map to use as I post. Have it ready soon.)

Edited by: Shinigori V2  Image at: 9/15/03 1:19 am

Uncle Pervy
 

Re: Whee

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Sep 15, 2003 1:42 am

Inverse's eyes were on the City of Storms. While he sure as hell wasn't going to go directly home, he might check up on a friend or two. Or, maybe even the Children of the Storm, if any of them were still around.

"I'm thinking the City of Storms, myself. I want to get as much time to deal with my contacts as possible."




User avatar
Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!
 
Posts: 4579
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2002 2:09 pm

The Cliffs of Insanity?

Unread postby Capntastic » Mon Sep 15, 2003 10:06 am

"I myself would like to sign up for things as soon as possible, and hopefully have a bit of time to check out competition and whatnot. I'm sure that there will be some pretty high up fighters there for this...It would be good to know who to avoid, and such"

Kyle was a bit mixed on his feelings for this whole thing. He was out of Doma for the time being, and he was with what he considered to be some pretty good friends. The only thing that he was really unsure about was the fact that he had grown to hate violence more than most other things, and well, entering a tournament certainly wasn't the way to show that.

Grabbing his belongings, he smiled and turned to the others.

"So who all is headed straight for the City of Storms?"


User avatar
Jak Snide
 
Posts: 5457
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 7:14 am
Location: London

Dover > Epech

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Sep 15, 2003 10:35 am

"I will be going there, yes." Jak replied. He was in a better than usual mood after discovering he wouldn't need to climb the cliffs, which he had not looked forward to one little bit. He was also eager to change his now mostly worthless gil into a more useful form of currency.

That, and getting to the city would allow him to observe the competition and plot.


Blaze Yamato Spirit
 

Re: Dover > Epech

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Mon Sep 15, 2003 2:41 pm

'Going anywhere else would mean risking missing the ceremony, so there's little point anyway.' Said Blaze, memorising his map and pocketing it. 'How are we going to split up?'


Uncle Pervy
 

Re: Dover > Epech

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Sep 15, 2003 3:35 pm

"The whole tournament is going to be split up over the whole Isle," Inverse says, "We'll be doing some travelling if you wanna see the whole thing. The Opening will be at Blitz Stadium, though. And I need to be in the City of Storms to do what I need to."

It should be noted that Inverse had sacrificed his standard blue robes and hat for something much more common. He wore a simple cotton outfit, fit for a farmer or a common laborer. A few patches of armor-quality leather has been stitched into the cloth at key points. Those who bothered to ask earlier would have been informed this is typical Barian fashion. Those asking why they were not given such a disguise would be told they didn't know enough about how Barius works to adequately pull of the disguise.

He then looks between Blaze and Kumiko and says, "Those ears are going to make you stand out far more than the normal traveler. The Population here is almost completely human. So, if you don't mind, I have a quick and painless way to make you see like more typical travelers..."


User avatar
Jak Snide
 
Posts: 5457
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 7:14 am
Location: London

Re: Dover > Epech

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Sep 15, 2003 3:55 pm

Jak smiled ever so slightly. The more astute might have noted the black mage's slight dislike of non humans, especially when aspects of them which outdid the human equivilants came into question. Thus, he took a small amount of pleasure knowing that those oh-so useful elven ears would be causing their owners if left undisguised.


Blaze Yamato Spirit
 

Re: Dover > Epech

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Mon Sep 15, 2003 5:13 pm

'Sure, sure, whatever you like.' Came Blaze's response, his mind concentrating on other things than his ears.


Uncle Pervy
 

Re: Dover > Epech

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Sep 15, 2003 5:45 pm

"Just keep still," Inverse says, and places a hand gently on Blaze's face, and begins to chant

(Cosmetic Alteration, to make him look human)


User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: Dover > Epech

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon Sep 15, 2003 6:47 pm

Soon enough, Blaze could easily pass for a human. Now he'd have no trouble maneuvering through Barius.

(Blaze gets to run around like a human for three days, Inverse is at 55 MP.)


ChancellorSmartz
 

Re: Dover > Epech

Unread postby ChancellorSmartz » Mon Sep 15, 2003 6:48 pm

"Well, seeing our objective deals mainly with Vaniyakna, I don't see why you must mention the other 2 cities. I will sign up for the tournament in the City of Storms, in hopes to make my way to Vaniyakna himself."

The Chancellor was quite confident, but he knew Vaniyakna all to well. His sheer power was inhuman, and almost inpenatrable. He knew he will have a hard time at the tournament and then some.

"So let us all go to the Stadium....unless you all have anything else in mind. If so, I might as well hear your stories why we shouldn't go straight to the city. But I know this is probably the better route..."


User avatar
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!
 
Posts: 3605
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:02 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: Dover > Epech

Unread postby Kelne » Mon Sep 15, 2003 7:14 pm

Kelne shrugged, "I figure I'll head for the City of Storms as well. Entering the tournament's probably the easiest cover story to pull off, and it puts me close to the center of things."

As far as who he'd be traveling with, if anyone, he was still undecided. Some of them were out of the question for various reasons, of course, but as for the others...


Uncle Pervy
 

Re: Dover > Epech

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Sep 15, 2003 7:30 pm

"Your turn, Kumiko," Inverse says, turning to the priestess.


Blaze Yamato Spirit
 

Re: Dover > Epech

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Tue Sep 16, 2003 2:18 pm

Blaze touched his now human ears.

Wow, who'd have thought I'd have got used to them being pointy...

'Well if you want to travel with me, speak up now.' He said aloud. 'If not, then I'm more than capable of travelling alone, though I would probably prefer at least some company.'


User avatar
Reako Somner
Always sleepy, never asleep
 
Posts: 237
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2002 7:09 pm
Location: Look, I don't know anymore

Re: Dover > Epech

Unread postby Reako Somner » Tue Sep 16, 2003 11:48 pm

"Mr. Inverse, what about me?"

While the slime mage only had to alter an elf's ears to make them look human, there seemed to be a slight problem on Reako's case.

"Barius doesn't like non-humans all to much right? I think it'd be kinda hard to hide my fur, snout, and ears..."


User avatar
Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!
 
Posts: 4579
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2002 2:09 pm

Re: Dover > Epech

Unread postby Capntastic » Wed Sep 17, 2003 12:13 am

Kyle turned to Reako.

"Well, if you're headed straight to the City of Storms, you could just stick with me. They can’t get too upset at foreigners that are just there to compete."

Glancing up to the sky, he thought to himself:
I wonder what all is going to happen....


User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: Dover > Epech

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Sep 17, 2003 1:22 am

As Kyle looked up, he could see dark clouds in the distance to the south, and slightly less manacing looking clouds in the distance to the west. The sky above was partially cloudy, enough to threaten a bit of percipitation of some sort, and although it had been fairly warm in temperature as the group arrived, a chilly wind blew from the west, sending a chill down the spines of any who weren't covering their arms or legs.


Uncle Pervy
 

Re: Dover > Epech

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Sep 17, 2003 2:05 am

"Not much I can do for you, kid," Inverse says. "I can only change so much with what I know. You'll just have to be an unusual traveler. Unless you have a really good concealing cloak."

Of course, if anyone forgot to bring a raincloak to the City of Storms, they were beyond anyone's help so far as Inverse was concerned.

Edited by: Uncle Pervy  Image at: 9/17/03 3:43 am

FlamingDeth
Moderator
 
Posts: 2128
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:54 am

Re: Dover > Epech

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Wed Sep 17, 2003 1:51 pm

The priestess touched her ears. While she would likely have to hide them around here, she wasn't particularly fond of the idea of hiding them, as high elven heritage was something anyone should be proud of. However, the illusionist in her knew and appreciated the value of deception. She nodded to the slimehalf, and waited for his action.


Uncle Pervy
 

Re: Dover > Epech

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Sep 17, 2003 2:10 pm

Inverse nodded as well and placed a hand on her face, much as he did with Blaze, and chants the spell again.

(Second Verse, same as the first)


User avatar
Reako Somner
Always sleepy, never asleep
 
Posts: 237
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2002 7:09 pm
Location: Look, I don't know anymore

Re: Dover > Epech

Unread postby Reako Somner » Wed Sep 17, 2003 2:14 pm

Reako rummaged through his pack he had with him and took out a large blueish cloak and a turban he got from a few shops here and there. Never seeing someone wear one, he felt sure the turban would make him look kinda funny, but he had to conceal his ears somehow.

"Well, I did buy this while still in Doma. Do you think it'll do? I mean, to protect from the rain that is."


User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: Dover > Epech

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Sep 17, 2003 2:21 pm

And in a moments time, Kumiko could also pass herself as human. With almost all traces of non-humanity covered, the group would likely be okay to make the trip into the city. However, Reako would still stand out a bit.

(Kumiko looks human for three days, Inverse is at 40 MP)


Uncle Pervy
 

Re: Dover > Epech

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Sep 17, 2003 2:53 pm

"It's better than nothing," Inverse says, "Should keep your head dry until it gets soaked, at least."




User avatar
Jak Snide
 
Posts: 5457
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 7:14 am
Location: London

Re: Dover > Epech

Unread postby Jak Snide » Wed Sep 17, 2003 4:40 pm

"Now that this little display of magical talent is over, shouldn't we get moving?"

Jak had noted the clouds above as well, and was keen to get moving before they started being rained on, even though it was unlikely they could outwalk any changes in the weather.


ChancellorSmartz
 

Re: Dover > Epech

Unread postby ChancellorSmartz » Wed Sep 17, 2003 4:59 pm

"Hm. That wind was just more than a sudden chill. It was more like an omen..."

Vince was a little cold, mainly because he is wearing less covering clothing this time around, but more or less he did not like the idea of returning to Barius. Since it constantly rains over there, being dry was impossible. Not that becoming wet was a problem, it was just a little uncomfortable.

"...Although I am eager to take care of Vaniyakna, I hope we can get this over with as quick as possible."


User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Epech < YUO >:(

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Sep 17, 2003 6:20 pm

As hopeful as Jak was to get going before any rain fell, it just wasn't meant to be. As soon as he finished his statement, a mocking drop of rain found it's way to the brim of his hat. Then another, dripping onto Inverses head. And more came. Not a steady downpour, but a heavy sprinkling. Another cold breeze came from the west, but this time, it heralded a small group of strangers. Three to be exact, standing with one taking point, and the other two side-by-side behind the leadman, they appeared to be quite organised. The frontman, or woman, as the case was, appeared young, in her late teens at best. Long brown hair fell down her back, and swept over her face a bit. She stared at the group of travelers with unnaturally blue eyes, seeming to look not at, but through each person in turn. The cold wind didn't seem to bother her- She appeared to almost welcome it against the back of her neck. She dressed somewhat darkly, black combat boots with slacks to match, with an equally dark trenchcoat hung open fasionably over her white shirt. Those bothering to look would notice a peculiar design on the coat- Triangles along the trim, much like a white-mages robes.

Two men stood behind her. The first appeared in his late fifties, although still looked sturdy as an ox. His hair was a grayish white, as was the bushy mustache taking up residence under the mans nostrils. He too dressed darkly, black boots, slacks, coat, even a black button up shirt. His eyes where firmly planted on the back of the young womans head, not seeming to want to make eye contact with the others. His coat was buttoned up to about mid chest, and his hands where in his pockets, some might even see a slight shiver on him- The cold wind on his back was getting to him.

To his left stood another man, although that was only made clear by his frame. His face was covered in a mask, and a creepy one at that- White with very un-lifelike eyes, giving it an almost disturbing look to it. His head was covered by a black hood sewn into his coat. Not much else about him was very evidant- His uniform black trenchcoat was zipped up to just under the mask, and his hands where shoved in his pockets. Compared to the older yet brawnier man to his right, he was a perfect statue- Not a single movement, not so much as a twitch.

The frontwoman stepped forward, looking the group over again, as the cold wind once again swept through the tall grass at the peak of Epech Cliff. She opened her mouth, as if to speak, then thought again a moment, then addressed them-"Another group of travelers, here for the tournament, no doubt. If I may, I'd like to speak with you for a moment...But first, may I have your names, please?"


Uncle Pervy
 

Re: Epech < YUO >:(

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Sep 17, 2003 6:41 pm

"Ivan Kremmich," Inverse lied smoothly, pulling on his own Raincloak. At least the weather was getting more pleasant. It's good to be home.

But it was not quite so good to be found out by a patrol. "Just showing these travelers around the Isle a bit. Getting homesick for clear weather, you know"

He had heard about a high ranking military figure favoring a mask. The older man he could almost put a finger on. But the blue-eyed girl...he had no idea. Rather vexing; she felt like someone important.



FlamingDeth
Moderator
 
Posts: 2128
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:54 am

Re: Epech < YUO >:(

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Wed Sep 17, 2003 6:43 pm

Kumiko looked over who she presumed to be barians.. They certainly weren't the friendliest looking of greeting crews, and she had presumed that they would get here undiscovered by the authorities. This meant that there were several possibilities. The first was that they were spotted on the approach. The second, Vaniyakna had spies that discovered their destination and time of arrival. The third, Inverse's contacts weren't quite as trustworthy as he had hoped...and that possibility was the one that worried her.

Still, they had to do something. Right now there was no indication that either side was hostile, and there was no need to take a rash action to make them so. As a result, the priestess merely waited and observed the newcomers...after all, it wasn't like she could do the talking anyways.


PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron

Yalogank