Fury of the Storm (PS, Closed)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
User avatar
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!
 
Posts: 3605
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:02 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: Fury of the Storm (PS, Closed)

Unread postby Kelne » Sat Aug 30, 2003 7:33 am

Kelne chose this moment to put his two gil in, "I'll agree with Inverse on this one. From everything I've heard about Vaniyakna, he's not one to let a little thing like his word come between him and power. Anybody who wins the tournament and asks him to step down will wind up in a shallow grave."


User avatar
Reako Somner
Always sleepy, never asleep
 
Posts: 237
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2002 7:09 pm
Location: Look, I don't know anymore

Re: Fury of the Storm (PS, Closed)

Unread postby Reako Somner » Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:14 am

Reako looked around the table, noticing how many more people were starting to gather around it, and especially some familiar faces

"well, if Kyle and Kelne are gonna be a part of this, I wanna join too."

Reako wasn't quite sure what reaction they might take to a 10 year old wanting in on such a serious situation.


ChancellorSmartz
 

Re: Fury of the Storm (PS, Closed)

Unread postby ChancellorSmartz » Sat Aug 30, 2003 11:37 am

"...You know, I never liked you two..." said Smartz with a glare.

Apparantly flustered with his own failure, he has been having second thoughts about this disguise. Then again...maybe telling them it was him wasn't a good idea either. Ugh, having regrets sure gives Vince a mental ulcer.

"Now, stop laughing at me because you have no idea what I can do to you. You can be arrested for advertising such an idea. And TRUST ME. You don't want to be arrested. Now please tell me what is going on."

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=chancellorsmartz>ChancellorSmartz</A] at: 8/30/03 11:42 am

User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: Fury of the Storm (PS, Closed)

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sat Aug 30, 2003 1:00 pm

Frederick turned to acknoledge Kumiko, then turned to Kelne to respond.

"Alright then, if he doesn't step down, we'll just ask for something else that would be benificial in taking him out. Like a fight against him or something, I suppose. Though if you have any better ideas, I'd love to hear them. And as far as the competition goes, we'll have disguises of some sort. Now, Vincent, the situation is this- Vaniyakna is going to be attacking Doma soon, in an attempt to gain more land for the Barian people. But before he does, he's throwing a tournament to celebrate the coming of the "Barian era". Winner gets whatever they want, supposedly. Griff, Jaeko and I where planning on going and taking the chance to take Vaniyakna out in the confusion."

Griff was making a habit of ignoring his father as he spoke, giving his two gil to Reako.

"Hell, if you want to join, go right ahead. A small kid that could kick a full grown mans ass would serve as a damned good distraction. And Inverse, do you think we have enough time to get someone into his kitchen, let alone someone who's willing to take that sort of chance? Because it's pretty obvious that Vaniyaknas not going to wait to get a good salmon dinner before ordering the attack on Doma...And Kyle, as far as your questions go, it should be starting in a couple of days, and lasting a couple weeks or so, I think.."

Edited by: Shinigori V2&nbsp; Image at: 8/30/03 3:30 pm

User avatar
Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!
 
Posts: 4579
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2002 2:09 pm

Re: Fury of the Storm (PS, Closed)

Unread postby Capntastic » Sat Aug 30, 2003 7:30 pm

Kyle grinned slightly, because of Reako and Griff's conversation. So very similar to himself in the old days....

"A couple weeks?...I might be able to go...maybe. I would have to talk to some friends of course....But a vacation out of Doma is just what I need, really."

Even if I did enter......Well, I might have a slim chance of winning...I could at least try...

Kyle looked about, a thoughtful smile warming his face.

For old times sake, and whatnot. Paper is so going to want in on this.






User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: Fury of the Storm (PS, Closed)

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Aug 31, 2003 3:04 am

Griff gave Kyle another half-friendly glance.

"Well, it'd be good to have another part of the team along. Certainly would boost morale, I guess."


FlamingDeth
Moderator
 
Posts: 2128
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:54 am

Re: Fury of the Storm (PS, Closed)

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Sun Aug 31, 2003 5:58 am

The purple-robed priestess sighed. It seemed that even the voices of reason here weren't being very reasonable. She went back to her notebook, and after quickly writing out a note, handed it to Inverse again. After all, he was the only one here that was using common sense at all.

"So, we go to this tournament, and get our friendly dictator to show his face. What then? Surely he'll have these 'Black Soul Knights' with him THEN, too."


User avatar
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!
 
Posts: 3605
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:02 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: Fury of the Storm (PS, Closed)

Unread postby Kelne » Sun Aug 31, 2003 5:08 pm

Kelne sighed slightly. Apparently, Griff was dead set on this tournament, despite the near certainty that it was a trap, and the likelihood that Vaniyakna would never agree to anything they'd consider helpful even if it wasn't. And he just knew who was going to have to go along and make sure they didn't get themselves all killed. Although Inverse would probably be of some help.

"Well, I'll be sure to think of something sensible to ask for if the situation arises," he said. "I do hope you'll be putting some thought into your disguises, though."


Uncle Pervy
 

Re: Fury of the Storm (PS, Closed)

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sun Aug 31, 2003 5:14 pm

Inverse gives Frederick a look, not that it could be seen with the hat. It wasn't worth arguing the subtle route with him. It wasn't like there wouldn't be time after the tournament. Vani dying without an excess of bloodhed was good no matter when it happened.

Then, after reading Kumiko's message, he sighs then walks over to her. "It's becoming pretty clear that Frederick doesn't have much of a plan. So, what I'm hoping is to get enough information to find which of those knights is least loyal, then try to get enough to ply him or her toour side. Fred probably wants a full frontal attack by the looks of it..."



User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: Fury of the Storm (PS, Closed)

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Aug 31, 2003 5:26 pm

Griff glanced over at Kelne and sneered a bit.

"We had planned on it. Besides, thats only one plan. Dad and I would enter the tournament, and if we won, we'd ask him to step down, and failing that, chalenge him to a one-on-one fight. We've got others, you know. One is just to wait until the tournament really heats up, getting everyones full attention, and then just have Jaeko shoot him in the head with a rifle."


Fred, meanwhile, was talking at Inverse.

"Do you have any idea how bad of an idea that is? If they're all completely loyal, it's quite likely that they'll tell him what we tried to do, and then the entire plan'll be ruined! And besides, immediatly following the tournament, he's planning on starting his attack. I'd like to stop that from even beginining, wouldn't you?!"


User avatar
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!
 
Posts: 3605
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:02 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: Fury of the Storm (PS, Closed)

Unread postby Kelne » Sun Aug 31, 2003 5:53 pm

"The second plan gets my vote," Kelne said, nodding. It seemed he'd underestimated Griff this time.


Uncle Pervy
 

Re: Fury of the Storm (PS, Closed)

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sun Aug 31, 2003 10:36 pm

"You'd be surprised."

This was all Inverse said to Frederick.


User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: Fury of the Storm (PS, Closed)

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Aug 31, 2003 10:58 pm

Frederick simply mummbled a bit, then looked around the Inn, as Jaeko walked through the door himself.


"Right, so, who's going, and what have they got to bring to the table, eh?"


User avatar
Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!
 
Posts: 4579
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2002 2:09 pm

Re: Fury of the Storm (PS, Closed)

Unread postby Capntastic » Sun Aug 31, 2003 11:23 pm

Kyle thought for a moment, and then asked Griff.

"Well, when would we be leaving? And how would we be getting there?"


User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: Fury of the Storm (PS, Closed)

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Aug 31, 2003 11:50 pm

Griff thought for a minute then responded.

"Jaeko stole a warship when he left Barius, and a guy named Miguel was sent to collect it. We're hoping that Jaeko can pass for Miguel to the people at the port in Blizzardia. We'll be leaving as soon as possible."


ChancellorSmartz
 

Re: Fury of the Storm (PS, Closed)

Unread postby ChancellorSmartz » Mon Sep 01, 2003 11:00 am

"Well, of course I'm going," mentioned the Chancellor. "I need to keep an eye on that bastard Vaniyakna and prevent him from attacking Doma. On another note, just to make sure he doesn't recognize my fighting style..."

At that moment Vince showed them his Blood Glaive, a pole with a noticably large knife attached to it. "I will use this weapon as part of my disguise. And even if that won't work, I'll just use my body as usual."


Uncle Pervy
 

Re: Fury of the Storm (PS, Closed)

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Sep 01, 2003 6:00 pm

And this point, Inverse simply waited for the others to sort themselves out. He paid them some idly attention to the others. But much of his mind is devoted to trying to recall his sources in Barius, and which would be closest to the knights. If he could find that one weak point, Vaniyakna's entire defensive could be struck down...


User avatar
Jak Snide
 
Posts: 5457
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 7:14 am
Location: London

Re: Fury of the Storm (PS, Closed)

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Sep 01, 2003 6:23 pm

Jak weighed the two choices he had up in his head. He could stay here and forget about the crazy Barians and their accomplices. They'd be walking into a country who they were, presumably, outlawed from. Being discovered and captured would probably mean his own death if he went along with them, even if he did sell them out in a bid to save his own hide.

On the other hand, this Vaniyakna was apparently going to invade Doma. He lived in Doma. Kotoki, and her inn, were also in Doma. The possibility of him, a mage of no small deal of skill, being drafted to fight in a war didn't appeal to him. If he went to Barius, he could find out if these idiots here were correctly informed about this man's plans. If they were, he'd join up with them aproper and off the bastard. If not, the tournament was still a viable opportunity to make a huge deal of wealth.

"Oi." he called out. "I'll come along as well, unless you have an objection of some sort."


User avatar
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!
 
Posts: 3605
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:02 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: Fury of the Storm (PS, Closed)

Unread postby Kelne » Mon Sep 01, 2003 8:51 pm

Oh, gods... From his brief acquaintance with him, Kelne did not regard Jak as the ideal travelling companion. This had quite a bit to do with the fact that his initial introduction to him had consisted of being damned near killed by a fireball. Well, just let the crazy mage try that once he'd got that enchantment finished...

"I'll be coming along too," he said, "Damned if I'm going to just sit here and wait for Vaniyakna to come to me." Now that he thought about it, there was something that he'd be interested in claiming as a prize from the tournament...


Blaze Yamato Spirit
 

Re: Fury of the Storm (PS, Closed)

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:18 am

[I have GM permission to join. And for Shini's benefit, here is Blaze's sheet.]

And it was then that Blaze Schwartzsturm walked through the Jade Dragon's door. The bishy blonde elf with the ice blue eyes wore red trousers and a tight black shirt, his red trenchcoat worn over them and left unbuttoned. His pistol, the Blaze Custom, was holstered at his waist, hidden under the coat, while his rifle - well, his rifle remained at his home. Walking around Doma carrying a rifle would be silly.

Blaze had heard Jaeko shouting in the street, and his curiousity had been piqued. That he had met the Barian before, albeit briefly, had caused him to seriously consider the man's words. He had had nothing out of the ordinary to do for a while, and though he had not yet thought of what he might ask for, Blaze was sure he could come up with something good by the time the tournament ended. Not that he would mind losing, of course - competing was the fun part.

He had followed Jaeko back to the Jade Dragon, which brings us neatly back to his entrance.

'What's all this about a tourny, then?' He enquired, joining the Barians et al at their table, and looking around at them all. Inverse and Jaeko both received a nod of greeting.



Edited by: Blaze Yamato Spirit at: 10/24/03 7:08 am

User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: Fury of the Storm (PS, Closed)

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Sep 02, 2003 2:27 pm

Jaeko gave Blaze a quick once-over, then quickly gave him the details.

"Vaniyakna's holding a tournament to celebrate the attack he's going to make somewhere, presumably Doma. We're trying to get in and use the tournament as cover to take him out before that can happen. It's as simple as that."


Frederick glanced at Jak, then Kelne, then at everyone else in the bar.

"So we've got the Mage and Mr. Kelne. Any other takers?"


Blaze Yamato Spirit
 

Re: Fury of the Storm (PS, Closed)

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:46 pm

'Vaniyakna launching an attack, eh?'

Blaze didn't know too much about Vaniyakna, but what he HAD heard gave him the clear idea that he was a dangerous person.

'Count me in.'


User avatar
Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!
 
Posts: 4579
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2002 2:09 pm

Re: Fury of the Storm (PS, Closed)

Unread postby Capntastic » Tue Sep 02, 2003 10:15 pm

By now, Kyle had more or less retreated to his table, ordering a glass of water.

I'm still not too sure....I'll have to ask and stuff o_o

He sipped, and relaxed a bit.

"Hmm..."




User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: Fury of the Storm (PS, Closed)

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Sep 02, 2003 11:22 pm

Frederick was still taking a mental tally of the people going and those who weren't. Turning to Inverse, he made a simple comment- "What about you? Are you in, or not?"


Uncle Pervy
 

Re: Fury of the Storm (PS, Closed)

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Sep 03, 2003 2:35 am

"Of course," Answers Inverse, "No matter what, you're going to need my sources if we're getting around without arousing suspicion."


FlamingDeth
Moderator
 
Posts: 2128
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:54 am

Re: Fury of the Storm (PS, Closed)

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Wed Sep 03, 2003 3:48 pm

The purple clad elf merely responded to the role call with a barely visible smug grin. Even though it could hardly be seen, said grin gave the barians the impression that she was going to go with them, whether they wanted her help or not.


User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

And now we may just get started.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Sep 03, 2003 3:53 pm

Griff took roll, ticking off everyone on his fingers as he said them-

"Right, so we've got...Myself, Dad, Jaeko, Inverse, Vincent, Jak, that elf that helped with Foenix, possibly Kyle, Reako, and that guy who just walked in-" Jaeko interjected with his name- "Blaze, I think." Griff simply kept his count. "Right. Blaze. And Kelne, too. Is that everyone?"

Edited by: Shinigori V2&nbsp; Image at: 9/3/03 3:56 pm

User avatar
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!
 
Posts: 3605
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:02 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: And now we may just get started.

Unread postby Kelne » Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:18 pm

"Everyone who's displayed an interest so far," Kelne said, "And while you could probably find more people, that would only make us more noticable." Knowing the adventure-seeking people in this city, if Griff kept applications open for too long, he'd find himself invading Barius at the head of a small army.


User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: And now we may just get started.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:56 pm

Griff saw exactly what Kelne was getting at. Nodding his head, he went through the plan once more in his head.

"So, you're all with us, huh? Well, that works out just fine. Now, we just need to think of a final plan to go off of. Anyone have any ideas that aren't just trying to poison him, and hoping that he doesn't have someone to test his food for him?"


Blaze Yamato Spirit
 

Re: And now we may just get started.

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Wed Sep 03, 2003 10:12 pm

'You have two gunmen here.' Said Blaze, nodding respectfully to Jaeko and pulling his trenchcoat open to reveal his holster. 'I'd say use us.'


User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: And now we may just get started.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Fri Sep 05, 2003 8:29 pm

Griff and Frederick whispered some things to oneanother, then Griff turned back to Blaze-

"Well, thats what we where planning on doing. However, we'll need a damned good distraction for you or Jaeko to get close enough to get a good shot....I think thats where the rest of you can come in, if you get what I'm saying....And if any of you have any better ideas, let's hear them now."


User avatar
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!
 
Posts: 3605
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:02 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: And now we may just get started.

Unread postby Kelne » Fri Sep 05, 2003 10:46 pm

"I'd say the details of the plan will have to wait until we see the ground," Kelne said, "We'll also need a backup plan of some kind in case it fails."


Blaze Yamato Spirit
 

Re: And now we may just get started.

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sat Sep 06, 2003 12:20 pm

'Unfortunately, he's right.' Said Blaze, folding his arms and frowning. 'Without knowing more about the layout of wherever this tourny is being held and the details of the enemy guards' numbers and such, the chances are that any plans we do make will probably come up against a wall before we can even put them into motion.'

The elf smiled grimly, and continued.

'There is only one thing right now that we can count on. If Vaniyakna is making himself vulnerable by coming out to watch the tourny, he will be expecting assassination attempts. We might be able to use that against him. As well as our distraction we have another - a staged failed attempt on his life. Lull him into a false sense of security before the second, real attempt is made.'




User avatar
Jak Snide
 
Posts: 5457
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 7:14 am
Location: London

Re: And now we may just get started.

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sat Sep 06, 2003 7:23 pm

The black mage leaned back and listened to the others, a hidden smirk on his face.

"Ah, listen to them scheme and plot. Probably not worth it. Best to wait to see the place, scope out the situation and figure out how to blow the fucker up from there."


Uncle Pervy
 

Re: And now we may just get started.

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sun Sep 07, 2003 1:36 am

Inverse shook his head. "I will get us as much as we can when we get into Barius. Don't worry about that."


User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: And now we may just get started.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Sep 07, 2003 10:04 pm

Fred thought for a minute, then called everyone closer to the table so that the plan could be gone over more freely, without the chance of other hopeful participants hearing it and complicating matters more. When everyone had assembled, the ex-general went over the plan in detail. Pulling out a small map of the island of Barius, he layed it on the table so everyone could see it clearly.

"Right. We'll be leaving as soon as possible. We'll be taking the ship Jaeko stole, Gargantua. The trip to Barius will last about...Three or four days or so on that thing, I think. Anyway, scince the damned ship is reported stolen, we'll have to be careful. We'll use one of two options- The first is to take the ship directly into Blizzardia and hope that Jaeko can pass for Miguel, the guy who was sent to get the ship back. Second, we could sail up here-" Frederick indicated a spot due north of the center of the island, then began talking again-"Epech Cliff. It would require us leaving the ship there, and scaling the cliff, but there'd be much less chance of getting caught, and the ship would probably still be there when we made our escape. I'm willing to try either, but should Jaeko not manage to pass himself off as Miguel, we're in for a world of trouble."


Blaze Yamato Spirit
 

Re: And now we may just get started.

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sun Sep 07, 2003 11:53 pm

Blaze didn't have to think twice about his preference.

'The second option sounds preferable to me, as long as we take the right equipment along to do the climbing. I don't much fancy getting into a scrap before we can even set the plan into motion, especially not one we probably won't live through.'


User avatar
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!
 
Posts: 3605
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:02 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: And now we may just get started.

Unread postby Kelne » Mon Sep 08, 2003 12:34 am

"I'd have to agree there," Kelne said, nodding, "If this Miguel person was sent to retreive the ship, he'd probably be expected to turn it over to someone." This leaving aside Kelne's serious doubts as to the acting ability of a man whose idea of recruiting people consisted of shouting about tournaments on a street corner.

"All things considered, I think we're better off with the less risky option. Besides, scaling cliffs presents no difficulty whatsoever for me."

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kelne>Kelne</A]&nbsp; Image at: 9/8/03 1:52 am

Uncle Pervy
 

Re: And now we may just get started.

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Sep 08, 2003 2:02 am

"If we're going on a ship," Inverse says, "Let's take one that isn't stolen. If we're going by the cliffs, we should get a trader. That way, we don't have a large stolen ship in the harbor to give us away. We'd have to get by an inspection. But since you all are opting for the cliffs anyways, they can drop us off."

"Shouldn't be too hard to find someone who dislike Barius' naval policies enough to help us out, and I got my company here to make sure that they don't run on us. The cost of chartering shouldn't be too painful for me."




Blaze Yamato Spirit
 

Re: And now we may just get started.

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Mon Sep 08, 2003 2:26 am

'Inverse makes a lot of sense.' Blaze commented. 'Why take more risks than we have to, when we can make use of his resources?'


PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron

Yalogank