Death and Despair RP [closed]

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
The Duelist
 
Posts: 450
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2002 4:09 pm

Re: Cue the Music

Unread postby The Duelist » Mon Jun 09, 2003 3:50 pm

Rick decided at about that point that he was somewhat out of his element...he didn't understand the enemies or the terrain as well as the others, so it would be best to leave the planning to those who knew the score, namely, someone other than him.

"Well okay then. How are we going to go through here?"


Uncle Pervy
 

Re: Cue the Music

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Jun 09, 2003 4:43 pm

Zachary simply waited. If nothing else, at least the 'wraiths' had some substance to them.

"Do they prefer the forest or the town?" He whispers.


Nekogami
 
Posts: 1204
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 12:28 pm

Re: Cue the Music

Unread postby Nekogami » Mon Jun 09, 2003 6:36 pm

Champagne started to move forward and motioned for them to follow. "Hard to say. Aren't much of big towns in UnderRealm I'm sure if we had them they'd like to frequent them for a meal or two." He turned. "If we do get attacked, magic will be the best way to deal with them. Weapons will only slow them down."

The incubus slunk low and carefully through the streets sometimes stopping and retreating back. That's when the silver cerbie stepped out before them.

His vulpine snout snarled into a cruel grin. He drew himself up and sat down as though he had the upper hand and would soon have revenge.

Well, well, well....mortals. What do we have here and what should we do with you....?. He chuckled low in his throat.

Champagne looked keen to put a chakrun in the demons head but did not move.


Uncle Pervy
 

Re: Cue the Music

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Jun 09, 2003 8:33 pm

Zachary was petrified.

What could he do, what could he say? How could he possibly get a creature of death and destruction to listen to him?!

Then it hit him.

"We have information about the Bottles that might interest you," he says, doing everything possible to keep his voice steady and knowing.

He didn't know what he wanted to do with this, whether he would try to string the demon along, or simply distract him long enough to surprise attack.


The Duelist
 
Posts: 450
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2002 4:09 pm

Re: Cue the Music

Unread postby The Duelist » Mon Jun 09, 2003 9:26 pm

Rick raised an eyebrow.

Inside, he evaluated the performance. The Cerbie was certainly amusing enough...however, it had managed to make a credible threat, what with its ability to transform and the nearby bloodwraiths. Then however, came the final factor. The creature was alone except for whatever ace it intended to pull out, it was tiny...and it assumed that it could defeat a group that had Rick Dwyer in it.

Stupid, stupid cerbie. Yes, this performance was easy enough to rate.

Rick muttered, "I give it a four."


Nekogami
 
Posts: 1204
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 12:28 pm

Re: Cue the Music

Unread postby Nekogami » Tue Jun 10, 2003 2:24 pm

The cerbie glared at Zachary. Oh, do you? As if the mighty Tsahassrala doesn't already know it. Heh. Idiot mortal....

He then turned his hateful gaze to the muttering Rick. What was that about? Four? Four seconds? Til what? Until I howl and bring every demon on this island to your necks?

This pleased the cerbie. He licked his snout and looked at all of them.




The Duelist
 
Posts: 450
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2002 4:09 pm

Re: Cue the Music

Unread postby The Duelist » Tue Jun 10, 2003 3:15 pm

Rick's poker face did not skip a beat. Zachary's game had failed, now it was his turn. He seemed to grow taller as he started, his every movement, every action, every gesture seemed to have gained a new level of dignity and intensity. There was only Sir Richard the Dire now.

No emotion entered his voice as he spoke,"A four. As in, on a scale of one to ten, your threat registers as a four."

Now, the key question was whether or not the little puffball took the bait. He knew it would probably work. The creature was attempting to toy with them now, and he wanted to get as much satisfaction out of it as possible. And there was nothing more satisfying than snubbing the penultimate cocky bastard.

But Rick was a professional at this sort of game, and he knew exactly where it would go...and exactly how use the Cerbie's own desire to feel superior against him.


Uncle Pervy
 

Re: Cue the Music

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Jun 10, 2003 4:07 pm

"So you are then aware that Merlot has been visiting the agents of Malachias in secret?" Zachary says, resorting to a cover story he had constructed last night. Now that he had the thing's ear a little bit, it was easier to work with this.

Luckily, he Correspondance with King Domanada had told him a great deal about the Malachias situation a few months back, after he had declined military aid from the Green Riders.


AbbaTerra
 

Re: Cue the Music

Unread postby AbbaTerra » Tue Jun 10, 2003 4:20 pm

They were skating on thin ice here and it grated her nerves that they didn't want to just take the beast out. Bartering with it was dangerous enough as it was, if they even did manage to get it to co-operate it could still betrey them and that would be more costly. She held on to the bottle of holy water, ready to throw, wishing she could throw her Kunai instead.


WillBaseton
Self-Proclaimed Gaming Guru
 
Posts: 1044
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2002 3:16 pm

Re: Cue the Music

Unread postby WillBaseton » Tue Jun 10, 2003 8:20 pm

Ignes looked to Champagne through the corner of his eye, thinking. He then decided to send a message to his cousin, that way he wouldn't be heard by the spirits.

How DO you kill a bloodwraith again...? I don't remember...this may be bad. You better know what you're doing...this feels like a trap.




Nekogami
 
Posts: 1204
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 12:28 pm

Re: Cue the Music

Unread postby Nekogami » Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:04 pm

Champagne's features twitched. In which case a lot of responsibility is reliant on you....but if this cerbie would keep it's trap shut...pagne's features twitched. Fire and water spells, he thought back.


The Silver cerbie scoffed at Zachary. The succubus has not left this island. You fool. I grow weary of this game and I will show my threat to be founded! The cerbie lifted his head and howled.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=nekogami>Nekogami</A]&nbsp; Image at: 6/10/03 9:06 pm

Uncle Pervy
 

Re: Cue the Music

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:09 pm

Zachary wasted no time. His Katana was out and slashing toward the Cerbie's throat.


AbbaTerra
 

Re: Cue the Music

Unread postby AbbaTerra » Wed Jun 11, 2003 3:30 pm

When the Cerbie deigned to attack Zachary, she unstoppers the holy water and judges an angle so that she won't hit the demons that she's allied with by accident then flung the contents onto the Cerbie. I hope this works... Man I wish I could use my Kunai... they might even be more effective if I first dipped them in Holy Water... but that would completely blow my cover...


The Duelist
 
Posts: 450
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2002 4:09 pm

Re: Cue the Music

Unread postby The Duelist » Thu Jun 12, 2003 1:07 pm

Rick saw that his allies had begun attacking the cerbie. Good, less he had to worry about, and it was only a four anyway.

Although he would really have to talk to Zachary about the stupidity of his last move. After all, if the Cerbie knew who Champagne was, would he really be stupid enough to think that the brother would sell out his sister?

In any case, he closed his eyes and listened. He adjusted his stance, pulling up his Saber's sheath with his left hand, and readying to pull it with his right hand as he adjusted his footing to a more stable position than normal. Most importantly, he adjusted his breathing rate to a relaxed, meditative tempo that would allow for lightning fast movement when the time came.

If something else was coming, he'd hear it far sooner than he'd see it while in this relaxed state. The new arrivals' steps would signify their direction and approach, and he wanted to have as much information as possible before he made a move.


WillBaseton
Self-Proclaimed Gaming Guru
 
Posts: 1044
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2002 3:16 pm

Re: Cue the Music

Unread postby WillBaseton » Fri Jun 13, 2003 1:13 pm

Fire and water spells? That's good, both of those are my specialties...

Ignes grinned sadistically, reassured that if he had to fight, he'd make quick work of the wraiths.


Nekogami
 
Posts: 1204
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 12:28 pm

Re: Cue the Music

Unread postby Nekogami » Fri Jun 13, 2003 1:21 pm

Image
(( The Red dot is us. ))

The katana did it work, the howl quickly turning into a gurgle. The holy water sealed the cerbie's fate as he bleed from the searing wounds. However, as if to mock him, on his face was the smug look of success.

Rick in his meditation could hear the approach of at least 6 creatures. Most coming from the north.

Champagne cursed. "Let's go. If we cut across the grass we'll be in plain sight, even though it's the quickest way to the manor. I say stick to the streets and head southward to the main road."

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=nekogami>Nekogami</A]&nbsp; Image at: 6/15/03 5:54 pm

WillBaseton
Self-Proclaimed Gaming Guru
 
Posts: 1044
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2002 3:16 pm

Re: Cue the Music

Unread postby WillBaseton » Sun Jun 15, 2003 6:02 pm

Ignes smirked, then nodded to Champagne.

"It seems that it would be the safest route. But somehow, I can still sense trouble in the way eventually..."


Uncle Pervy
 

Re: Cue the Music

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sun Jun 15, 2003 6:11 pm

"South it is," Zachary says, sheathing his blade and making a note of the wind direction. If Bloodwraiths went by Smell, he'd know what direction to watch.


Nekogami
 
Posts: 1204
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 12:28 pm

Re: Cue the Music

Unread postby Nekogami » Sun Jun 15, 2003 6:24 pm

The wind is blowing east.


The Duelist
 
Posts: 450
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2002 4:09 pm

Re: Cue the Music

Unread postby The Duelist » Mon Jun 16, 2003 5:23 pm

Rick opened his eyes and noted,

"the enemy is coming from the north."

He moved over to the cerbie, grimacing as he took off his cloak, he said, "I'll pick this little bastard up and we'll dump him in a garbage can somewhere. If they come and see nothing, they'll assume it was nothing and move on. They see a dead cerbie, and they'll be scouring the earth for us...or will they know anyway from the smell?"

Rick wasn't sure...he was more used to dealing with men then strange creatures from the under-realm.


Uncle Pervy
 

Re: Cue the Music

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Jun 16, 2003 6:22 pm

"I hope fresh blood on the ground is common enough not to be a tip off," Zachary said with all seriousness as he moved southward.


Nekogami
 
Posts: 1204
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 12:28 pm

Re: Cue the Music

Unread postby Nekogami » Mon Jun 16, 2003 7:41 pm

Champagne clamped his jaw tightly. "I agree with Zachary. Besides that cerbie was already wounded, wasn't he?"


WillBaseton
Self-Proclaimed Gaming Guru
 
Posts: 1044
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2002 3:16 pm

Re: Cue the Music

Unread postby WillBaseton » Mon Jun 16, 2003 9:25 pm

Ignes smirked.

"If all else fails, why not just burn the body and be done with it?"


Nekogami
 
Posts: 1204
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 12:28 pm

Re: Cue the Music

Unread postby Nekogami » Tue Jun 17, 2003 4:54 pm

Champagned rolled his eyes. " Because of the smell and smoke, you zorbat," he hissed. They came to the crux three roads. "The south one will take us back to the forest and beach. The east one will lead us towards the main road which will lead us directly to the mayorial manor. The northeast road will lead us to a round about backwards way but it's mostly in the open and if they're looking for us they'll surely note our silhouettes."


The Duelist
 
Posts: 450
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2002 4:09 pm

Re: Cue the Music

Unread postby The Duelist » Tue Jun 17, 2003 8:28 pm

Rick was about to say something about the wonders of psychological warfare, and not giving the enemy any idea of their armament or abilities, and how to perform both trick simply by removing the body.

Then he realized they did not have much time.

"I would suggest we pick an option and go. Now."


WillBaseton
Self-Proclaimed Gaming Guru
 
Posts: 1044
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2002 3:16 pm

Re: Cue the Music

Unread postby WillBaseton » Thu Jun 19, 2003 3:17 pm

Ignes nodded to his cousin and then looked eastward.

"Well, you said earlier that we were heading for the main road. Let's go this way."

He pointed down the east road and nodded.


Nekogami
 
Posts: 1204
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 12:28 pm

Re: Cue the Music

Unread postby Nekogami » Thu Jun 19, 2003 4:38 pm

Champagne shrugged. "Any suggestion is as good I suppose... Let's get going." He carefully started down the east road.


Rick would note the sounds of pursuing demons growing closer.


Uncle Pervy
 

Re: Cue the Music

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Thu Jun 19, 2003 4:55 pm

Zachary follows. For the time being, he had little to say, he simply wanted to get away from the pursuers.

In the meantime, he watched the direction the wind blew toward, making sure that more Bloodwraiths didn't come from that direction.




AbbaTerra
 

Re: Cue the Music

Unread postby AbbaTerra » Mon Jun 23, 2003 5:43 pm

Reia followed south with the group, keeping a wary eye out in ever direction, twisting around deftly and catching a lot of information in her glances. One hand in her pocket held on another vial of holy water. Feeling the sash at her waist she had her Kunai hidden there. If it came to life or death, she'd have to use them...


WillBaseton
Self-Proclaimed Gaming Guru
 
Posts: 1044
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2002 3:16 pm

Re: Cue the Music

Unread postby WillBaseton » Mon Jun 23, 2003 5:56 pm

Ignes walked beside his cousin, smirking.

"Who lives in the mansion, anyways?" He whispered, not wanting to arouse any other hiding denizens of darkness and despair.


The Duelist
 
Posts: 450
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2002 4:09 pm

Re: Cue the Music

Unread postby The Duelist » Mon Jun 23, 2003 9:23 pm

Rick stopped listening, flipping his knapsack over in front of him so that he could look through it. In a moment, he found the pair of leather gauntlets he had been searching for. flipping thee sack back over his shoulder, he quickly strapped them on. He had a feeling he'd need them soon enough.




Nekogami
 
Posts: 1204
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 12:28 pm

Re: Cue the Music

Unread postby Nekogami » Wed Jul 02, 2003 9:34 pm

"Orland Loveborn. Some rich fella. Doesn't strike me as someone that would get mixed up in demons but the hell if I know him well enough say."

The main road came into their sights. 20 yards ahead there were to guards. Both were hooved mintoaru like creatures with grotesque rat heads. They're backs were turned and they were grunting amongst themselves.

"Ugh, Rotogs......Sneak around them?" But his fingers danced to his weapons. "Aren't very good at hearing."


Uncle Pervy
 

Re: Cue the Music

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Jul 02, 2003 9:46 pm

"By all means," Zachary said. "If we get into a fight, it will only serve to call more of them down on us. Unless you have a way to dispose of them quietly."


WillBaseton
Self-Proclaimed Gaming Guru
 
Posts: 1044
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2002 3:16 pm

Re: Cue the Music

Unread postby WillBaseton » Thu Jul 03, 2003 8:01 pm

"Burning them is my specialty, but that will draw attention." Ignes smirked, looking at his palm. "We'll have to sneak by. What is their talent, cousin?"


Nekogami
 
Posts: 1204
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 12:28 pm

Re: Cue the Music

Unread postby Nekogami » Fri Jul 04, 2003 7:27 pm

Image
(( The Red dot is us. Yellow dots are enemies that can be seen by most of us and the ones Rick mostly likely can hear. There is currently no wind.))


Champagne snorted and started slip into the space between to building. "Bashing in brains, cousin. Don't let their spikey maces get too close to your head. Let's swing around this building here then go to the mansion. We'll be in the open but I trust if we stick low to the ground and move quickly we'll be all right."



Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=nekogami>Nekogami</A]&nbsp; Image at: 7/4/03 7:35 pm

Uncle Pervy
 

Re: Cue the Music

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sat Jul 05, 2003 2:51 pm

Listening in, Zachary tried to take Champagne's advice and keep low. Moving swiftly came naturally in a place like this.


Nekogami
 
Posts: 1204
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 12:28 pm

Re: Cue the Music

Unread postby Nekogami » Sun Jul 06, 2003 10:02 pm

The party crept close to the ground, hidden occasionally by brush. Rick breath was coming faster and harder as he felt a little tense about the situation. They were still being pursued, he noted, despite there detour. He was beginning to think that there was no way to escape.

"HALT!" Came a guttural voice. Before them stood a hulking figure. It's grotesque face was hidden by his large mace and beside him were two trolls. "Pitiful humans." He sniffed. "And demons...Have you forgotten that these creatures are merely our food."

Champagne hissed. "Have you forgotten that you smell like ogre piss?" he spat. "I don't know how I missed you, ever over the stench of bloodwraiths." A warning arrow shot was shot at his feet.


Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=nekogami>Nekogami</A]&nbsp; Image at: 7/6/03 10:06 pm

WillBaseton
Self-Proclaimed Gaming Guru
 
Posts: 1044
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2002 3:16 pm

Re: Cue the Music

Unread postby WillBaseton » Sun Jul 06, 2003 10:09 pm

Ignes smirked and drew the Water Spear, dropping into a defensive posture.

"This could spell disaster. If we fight, we could draw attention...the bloodwraiths and the giant are too much for us...what do you suppose we do, cousin?"


Nekogami
 
Posts: 1204
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 12:28 pm

Re: Cue the Music

Unread postby Nekogami » Sun Jul 06, 2003 10:14 pm

Champagne turned his head slightly. "We're so close to the mansion...We're so close to the cure I can taste it... Time is running short for Chardonnay but I'll not fail him." He looked back at the monstrous rotog and the trolls. "If we sprint...."

"You're not faster than those troll arrows," Rick warned through gritted teeth.


Uncle Pervy
 

Re: Cue the Music

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sun Jul 06, 2003 10:16 pm

Zachary did not like the idea of stopping to fight here. Especially given that they were being pursued and that there were other guards elsewhere. It was too late to try to bluff their way through.

Thus, he looked for a good way to escape, preferably not downwind from where the bloodwraiths happen to be.


PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron

Yalogank