Blood Vengeance (full PhilSys RP)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Divinegon2130
 

Time-lapse time.

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Wed Feb 19, 2003 2:16 pm

Once the rest of them had come out, Damon looked at them again. "All right, so we're all ready. Let's get moving quickly - I'm fairly sure we can reach the tower before nightfall."

It was thus that the group had set out. Their journey was rather uneventful, though Damon had made the choice of taking it on foot rather than by chocobo - but he didn't realize his mistake until it was too late. Of course, they were travelling through a forested area, so the chocobos may not have been too useful anyway.

The tower seemed only a half-hour's walking distance when Damon stopped, his breathing having become heavy. It had become quite dark now, but Jeff had the feeling they were being followed by someone. Of course, some of the trees seemed to be a little darker than usual to him, but he had initially dismissed it as a trick his eyes were playing.

The others, however, had not seen this. Their first concern had become finding an appropriate place to camp for the night.

Damon then said, "C'mon, guys. We've got a tough job tomorrow, so we'll need all the rest we can get." He was also looking for the best spot to camp in this forest.


User avatar
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!
 
Posts: 3605
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:02 am
Location: New Zealand

Hmm... To warn or not to warn?

Unread postby Kelne » Thu Feb 20, 2003 12:34 am

Jeff nodded absently, still trying to track down whatever he was sure was lurking in the shadows. "Yeah, that sounds good," he said, debating whether to mention his suspicions.

Nah. That'd spoil the surprise.


Dark Xia
 

Re: Hmm... To warn or not to warn?

Unread postby Dark Xia » Thu Feb 20, 2003 11:04 am

Elijah asked, "I'll take first watch tonight, who wishes to take the others three?"


User avatar
KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?
 
Posts: 2656
Joined: Tue May 07, 2002 7:21 pm
Location: Calgary

Re: Hmm... To warn or not to warn?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Thu Feb 20, 2003 11:52 am

<span style="font-family:comic sans ms; color:navy;">"I'll take second..." Layne replied with a yawn.</span>


Dark Xia
 

Re: Hmm... To warn or not to warn?

Unread postby Dark Xia » Thu Feb 20, 2003 2:58 pm

"Sleeping so close to the home of the person we wish to kill does not seem very smart, but what choice do we have? Sleep light tonight, if you can." Elijah continuously started looking every direction, moving his eyes from one spot after another.


Divinegon2130
 

Re: Hmm... To warn or not to warn?

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:17 pm

As Elijah looked around, he suddenly noticed a shadowy figure darting from one of the trees. Before he could notice any of the features of this figure, however, it was gone.

The others only noticed the sound of footsteps on the soft ground of the forest. They were barely audible, but they were there.

Damon, alarmed by this, looked around before saying, "Someone's here!"

Jeff had the feeling that the being making the noise was the same being that was following the group earlier.


User avatar
KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?
 
Posts: 2656
Joined: Tue May 07, 2002 7:21 pm
Location: Calgary

Re: Hmm... To warn or not to warn?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:45 pm

<span style="font-family:comic sans ms; color:navy;">"Oh no..." Layne said warily as he gripped his staff.

Hey... this might mean I won't have to take second watch or ANY watch! Go half full glass! ^_^</span>


Dark Xia
 

Re: Hmm... To warn or not to warn?

Unread postby Dark Xia » Thu Feb 20, 2003 4:30 pm

Elijah was beginning to unwind the tail from around his sides, but due to his layers of robes he hoped no one would notice.


Geocsuppi
 

Re: Hmm... To warn or not to warn?

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Thu Feb 20, 2003 4:40 pm

Walter walked along with his staff humming to himself.

"I never relized how dark night was."


User avatar
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!
 
Posts: 3605
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:02 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: Hmm... To warn or not to warn?

Unread postby Kelne » Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:22 pm

"Yeah, sounds about right. So what do we want to do about it?" Personally, Jeff figured it'd make its move soon enough. Probably when they set up camp for the night.

So either they let it, or they missed a night of sleep trying to thwart it. Personally, he'd prefer a little excitement followed by a good night's sleep.


User avatar
KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?
 
Posts: 2656
Joined: Tue May 07, 2002 7:21 pm
Location: Calgary

Re: Hmm... To warn or not to warn?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:38 pm

<span style="font-family:comic sans ms; color:navy;">"I'll go see what it is." Layne smirked, and twirled his staff. "I can handle stuff like this."

He then hit himself in the mouth with his staff. He rubbed his poor chin, whined the TINIEST bit, and went off in the direction of the sound.

I could SURE use a shielding spell right now... he worried to himself...</span>


Dark Xia
 

Re: Hmm... To warn or not to warn?

Unread postby Dark Xia » Thu Feb 20, 2003 11:36 pm

Elijah sighed, "I'll go back him up, you two make sure you don't seperate." He quickly dashed off after the boy.


User avatar
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!
 
Posts: 3605
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:02 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: Hmm... To warn or not to warn?

Unread postby Kelne » Thu Feb 20, 2003 11:59 pm

"And we never saw them again," Jeff murmured ironically, finding himself a tree to lean against while he waited.


Divinegon2130
 

Danger or not, here it comes!

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Fri Feb 21, 2003 3:28 pm

As Layne and Elijah went towards the direction of the noise, they heard an unfamiliar voice that was now behind them say, "Leaving so soon? What a shame, Master won't have any fun."

The others could see a shadowy figure now separating the two groups. From Layne and Elijah's side, it looked much like a normal human, albeit with wholly black skin. However, from the other side - the one Jeff, Walter, and Damon were on - large spines protruded from its back, and the being had two long, sinuous tails. Either way, the most disturbing thing about it was that the creature was translucent - he could be seen through from either side.

The figure looked around, noting everyone that was there. "Hmmm.... a mage, a prankster..." At this point, he completely turned around, looking at the other group now. "...two mystery people, and a half-demon. These groups get weaker every time, I swear."


User avatar
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!
 
Posts: 3605
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:02 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: Danger or not, here it comes!

Unread postby Kelne » Sat Feb 22, 2003 12:51 am

"Ah, our mysterious lurker," Jeff said, regarding the apparition, "You want to introduce yourself, or are you going to just go with the 'cower brief mortals' routine?"


Geocsuppi
 

Re: Danger or not, here it comes!

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Sat Feb 22, 2003 3:21 am

"Master, would that be the demon in the castle?" Walter asked not acting like he was preparing for a battle.


Dark Xia
 

Re: Danger or not, here it comes!

Unread postby Dark Xia » Sat Feb 22, 2003 9:57 am

Elijah simply stared at the newcomer, his eyes looking for any weakness, any scar, anything that might possibly be used as an advantage in battle.


User avatar
KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?
 
Posts: 2656
Joined: Tue May 07, 2002 7:21 pm
Location: Calgary

Re: Danger or not, here it comes!

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sat Feb 22, 2003 2:38 pm

<span style="color:navy;font-family:comic sans ms;">Layne just stared through the creature. For several moments he studied it, and evaluated its every nuance.

Then he came to a conclusion.

He wasn't bright enough to be afraid.

He smirked at himself, this newfound power giving him confidence, and he readied himself to fight.

This won't be so bad after all! ^_^</span>

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kingofdoma>KingOfDoma</A] at: 2/22/03 1:50:28 pm

Divinegon2130
 

Re: Danger or not, here it comes!

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sun Feb 23, 2003 12:28 am

The apparition could tell the group was preparing to fight. He knew that if any of them were to try fighting, they had no chance against him. Of course, being just an apparition, he had no chance against them either.

Elijah and Layne, try as they might, could not note any sort of real weakness in this figure either. They did note, however, that the apparition might have been some sort of minor demon - an incorporeal one, in fact. Why he hadn't hurt the group yet was a mystery.

"Calm down and listen," the apparition said. "It's not my own cruelty that brings me to meet you out here. That is Master's bidding. As for who he is-" ...at this point, the apparition stared at Walter, his tails twitching... "-he's not a demon. No no, he's something far worse-"

"-a LICH!" Damon interrupted. He looked somewhat panicky, his hands on his staff. "Listen, I've heard about this guy plenty of times. Why don't you just cut the taunting and get down to business, ghost-boy?"

"That's Satael to you, demonhalf," the apparition responded. "And since you seem to be so ANXIOUS to know, why don't you just ask me about him? I've got all night, you know."


Geocsuppi
 

Re: Danger or not, here it comes!

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Sun Feb 23, 2003 4:11 am

"So if Master is so strong why does he send you out to scout for him?" Walter asked without sacasim but with true cureosity.


Divinegon2130
 

Re: Danger or not, here it comes!

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sun Feb 23, 2003 10:11 am

"That can be answered very simply," Satael responded. "Master does not like to be surprised. Therefore, he insists that anyone coming within walking distance of his tower be talked to. Don't ask me where he gets this idea - you'd be better off asking him if you even make it there. I just follow orders."


Dark Xia
 

Re: Time-lapse time.

Unread postby Dark Xia » Sun Feb 23, 2003 11:32 am

"I have a few questions, if I may... why your master would bother a single store owner, demanding all his wears? Is he a dracolith with or without a death wish? Is he raising demons? Oh and why are you bothering to answer or questions, not to sound rude or anything."


Divinegon2130
 

Q&A session one.

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sun Feb 23, 2003 12:10 pm

"Hang on, hang on, I'll get to all of those." Satael was commenting on how rapidly Elijah was asking questions. Then he began answering them.

"First, he hasn't been bothering just one shop owner. He's been causing nightmares, stealing pets, and even kidnapping people to try and get Doma's royalty to listen to him. See, he wants the world for himself."

Damon, upon hearing this, seemed to be far more sullen. While he was mentally reflecting on the trouble he was getting into, Satael continued, "As for whether it's a deathwish, that's how mortals think of vengeful entities. Not something demons use. Speaking of which, he's not exactly raising them, just calling upon them."

Damon was about to interject again when Satael said, "And you're wondering why I'm being so nice to answer these questions. Well, it's because Master thinks none of you stand a chance in there anyway. Armies have failed against him before, so I wouldn't be surprised if he thinks a few piddly people off the street stand no chance." It was obvious here that Satael was berating them again.


Dark Xia
 

Re: Q&A session one.

Unread postby Dark Xia » Sun Feb 23, 2003 12:53 pm

Elijah just smiled. "Alright then, if you're so confident that you can handle us. Mind telling us of any traps on the path from the door to your master's lair? Of the guards he has posted along the way? Oh and of course, of the capabilities of his magic, and/or other abilities?"


Divinegon2130
 

Session two - final one.

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sun Feb 23, 2003 1:43 pm

Satael's eyes moved in both directions as Elijah spoke. When he finished, the apparition said, "Master doesn't allow that kind of information to be discussed with mortals. Except for the following."

Satael continued, "As a dracolich, Master is primarily a dark mage. In addition to the guards in his tower, he keeps two demons as personal bodyguards. Zotacthant, who looks somewhat human, is the dumber of the two. Agolas, who I haven't seen in a while, is the more sadistic one."

"Agolas?" Damon suddenly remarked. "I caught that guy torturing children earlier!"

"Oh, that's right," Satael said. "Agolas is also the more free-willed of Master's bodyguards. Especially since he's Master's top torturer." Satael suddenly stopped for a moment. "He's calling out to me..."

And Satael suddenly vanished without a trace. Damon, lowering his staff, said, "How odd. He said a dark mage... Well anyway, let's get some sleep." With that, Damon leaned against the nearest tree.


Dark Xia
 

Re: Session two - final one.

Unread postby Dark Xia » Sun Feb 23, 2003 1:51 pm

"Heh, we might die tomorrow, yet I still smile, how odd." Elijah sat down against another tree, crossing his legs.


User avatar
KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?
 
Posts: 2656
Joined: Tue May 07, 2002 7:21 pm
Location: Calgary

Re: Session two - final one.

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Mon Feb 24, 2003 12:34 am

<span style="color:navy;font-family:comic sans ms;">"... You're... PROBABLY going to die," Layne said with all the naivete the world could muster. "And... probably your master too... and probably by our hands."

He shrugged. "Sorry, mister Satael, but we're the guys who're probably gonna kick your ass from here to the Far North. Sorry!"

The most amazing part of the speech was that Layne said it without a hint of malice. He just KNEW, in his heart, that it was true...</span>


Dark Xia
 

Re: Session two - final one.

Unread postby Dark Xia » Mon Feb 24, 2003 7:55 am

"He's gone already boy, though I hope for your sake you're right."


User avatar
KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?
 
Posts: 2656
Joined: Tue May 07, 2002 7:21 pm
Location: Calgary

Re: Session two - final one.

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Mon Feb 24, 2003 3:19 pm

<span style="font-family:comic sans ms; color:navy;">"I am."</span>


Dark Xia
 

Re: Session two - final one.

Unread postby Dark Xia » Mon Feb 24, 2003 3:53 pm

The confidence of youth. Not that I'm that old or anything, but still, his confidence is quite youthful.


Divinegon2130
 

Re: Session two - final one.

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Mon Feb 24, 2003 10:53 pm

Damon continued to lean against the tree. Despite his anger at the apparition for taunting them, he was too tired to consider going after the lich now.

But not only was he asleep, he was snoring. Snoring rather badly, as well.

Jeff had also found a spot where he could sleep. Knowing his pranks would have to wait for tomorrow, he found he'd need a good sleep tonight.

(OOC: All right. Going to need one last post from each of you and then I'll skip to the morning.)


Dark Xia
 

Re: Session two - final one.

Unread postby Dark Xia » Mon Feb 24, 2003 11:16 pm

Elijah, submitting himself to the temptation to sleep, and not discuss taking turns at watch any further, but against the tree he slept against, he slept lightly, for paranoia was never something he could totally shake.


User avatar
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!
 
Posts: 3605
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:02 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: Session two - final one.

Unread postby Kelne » Tue Feb 25, 2003 2:13 am

"Zzzzzz...."

It was perfect. Jeff was just waiting for the reaction. Of course, it was difficult to maintain a pose of utter innocence at the breakfast table, but it was going to be so worth it.

The expected scream never erupted, however. Instead, light footsteps entered the room, "Look what I found, mom!" Zenal said, face wreathed with the sort of angelic innocence Jeff so wished he could portray.

Nestled in her hands was a large, hairy spider. "Can I keep him? I'll call him Scuttles!"

"Honey, are you sure it's not poisonous?"

"Don't be silly, mom. Jeff would never put a
poisonous spider in my drawer."

It was then that Aunt Lisine turned The Glare upon Jeff. It was a look which promised an eternity of suffering in his very near future...


Jeff writhed slightly in his sleep as the unpleasant memory played itself out.


User avatar
KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?
 
Posts: 2656
Joined: Tue May 07, 2002 7:21 pm
Location: Calgary

Re: Session two - final one.

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Tue Feb 25, 2003 3:08 pm

<span style="font-family:comic sans ms; color:navy;">"Yeah, you guys sleep. I'll keep watch," Layne said.

To make a long story short, he was snoozing in under 15 minutes...</span>


Geocsuppi
 

Re: Session two - final one.

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Wed Feb 26, 2003 3:04 am

Walter quickly made himself ready for bed, thenfell asleep.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=geocsuppi>Geocsuppi</A] at: 2/26/03 2:04:53 am

Divinegon2130
 

Prepare for trouble. Wait... make that double.

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Wed Feb 26, 2003 4:16 pm

And the group slept rather well. Oddly, nothing bad had happened during the night, despite the fact that Layne had fallen asleep after so little time watching.

Surprisingly, however, the darkness continued throughout the whole time they were sleeping, rather than light emerging towards what would have been the morning. A thick black cloud seemed to hang over where the group had been resting and continued for the entire distance that they could see. Something was obviously wrong.

Even odder was the fact that Damon slept through all of this.


User avatar
KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?
 
Posts: 2656
Joined: Tue May 07, 2002 7:21 pm
Location: Calgary

Re: Prepare for trouble. Wait... make that double.

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Wed Feb 26, 2003 5:02 pm

<span style="color:navy;font-family:comic sans ms;">Layne's eyes fluttered. He knew it was time to wake up, but... it was still dark.

Wait... it was still dark? It should have never been dark! He was on watch!

Quickly, he shot up to his feet, staff mildly ready. He feverishly looked around as a yawn cropped up inside him. He shook out the cobwebs in his head.

Man... for having an incidental nap, I sure feel rested... wait a second... I know this feeling. I've been asleep for at least 8 hours! Man, the others are going to kill me for sleeping while on watch...

... wait. I'm the first one up. So..... they don't NEED to know I slept, do they? Phew... I thought that'd be a bad one...

... wait, if it's morning...

Why is it still dark?


He grumbled aloud. "Stupid unanswered questions. It's too early for this stuff..."</span>

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kingofdoma>KingOfDoma</A] at: 2/26/03 4:47:02 pm

Divinegon2130
 

Re: Prepare for trouble. Wait... make that double.

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Wed Feb 26, 2003 5:27 pm

When Layne had looked around, he noticed something strange. Through the trees, he could have seen a dim outline of the tower they were headed to.

However, a thick substance was being emitted from the top. Layne knew it wasn't the result of a fire, but what else it could be he had no clue.

That's when it started. Suddenly, it was raining. The rain was initially light, but very suddenly became heavy. So heavy, in fact, that it woke Damon out of his sleep.

"I KNEW I shouldn't have picked this spot..." Damon grumbled, running a hand through the now-soaked fur on his head. In the rain, it was hard to see at all. After a moan, Damon continued, "This is going to set us back even more now..."


User avatar
KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?
 
Posts: 2656
Joined: Tue May 07, 2002 7:21 pm
Location: Calgary

Re: Prepare for trouble. Wait... make that double.

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Wed Feb 26, 2003 5:49 pm

<span style="color:navy;font-family:comic sans ms;">"Aaagh..." Layne pulled his hat down to block the incessant droplets. Of course, with rain this bad, it didn't do much.

"... well this is just great... we should probably get outta here before we drown or something..."

... on second thought, I REALLY shouldn't have said that...</span>

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kingofdoma>KingOfDoma</A] at: 2/26/03 6:52:34 pm

Dark Xia
 

Re: Prepare for trouble. Wait... make that double.

Unread postby Dark Xia » Wed Feb 26, 2003 6:15 pm

Elijah sat up as water finally penetrated through his two layers of robes. He sighed and stood up. "Whether doesn't seem to be liking us too much." He tried to shake himself a bit and remove a bit of th water from his robes.


PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron

Yalogank