Blood Vengeance (full PhilSys RP)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Dark Xia
 

k....

Unread postby Dark Xia » Mon Mar 31, 2003 11:14 pm

"Let's try it both at the same time.... Elijah walked over to beside Darrith. "On 3, 1....2....."


User avatar
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!
 
Posts: 3605
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:02 am
Location: New Zealand

Aaah! Staff of detect Evil! It burns!

Unread postby Kelne » Tue Apr 01, 2003 3:16 am

Jeff stuck his head back into the room, waiting to see if the others would manage to prise the lid off.


Divinegon2130
 

Re: Aaah! Staff of detect Evil! It burns!

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Tue Apr 01, 2003 5:47 pm

After a couple of tries, Elijah and Darrith managed to lift the top of the crate off. To their surprise, however, the crate was mostly empty.

In fact, the only thing in the crate was a dead rabbit, which Darrith almost immediately picked up. "This is ALL that they were storing here?" Sighing, he continued, "....well, I guess I'm just going to have to eat this. So, as I promised..."

"I heard that the water in this fountain is used for healing the higher-level minions here. Apparently, it's magical water - kind of like a healing potion, just a lot better. Though I wonder if it would have that effect on the rest of you..."


Dark Xia
 

Re: Aaah! Staff of detect Evil! It burns!

Unread postby Dark Xia » Tue Apr 01, 2003 6:41 pm

"Hmm... magic...." Elijah did not really wish to put any faith in such a thing. The water looked so pure though, but of course wasn't that jsut a sign of its unnaturalness? Elijah finally decided to just fill a water skin with it, "Know if it recharges their magical energy either(aka MP) ? Oh and please do examine and cook that rabbit carefully bedfore eating it, I understand that you may be hungry but you still should not drop your guard I believe."


Divinegon2130
 

Re: Aaah! Staff of detect Evil! It burns!

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Tue Apr 01, 2003 11:05 pm

Darrith thought for a minute. Elijah could tell in his next statement that he completely ignored the warning about the rabbit. "...don't know about whether it helps recover magical energy. We're going to need one of you to find out. Bring the kitsune in here - something tells me he just did something stupid and hurt himself."

Damon, meanwhile, was still outside in the main room, looking at his hand and seeing how badly it had been burned. It seemed like a fairly bad burn - bad enough, at least to make all of the skin on his hand white. He had obviously not heard what Darrith just said.


Dark Xia
 

Re: Aaah! Staff of detect Evil! It burns!

Unread postby Dark Xia » Tue Apr 01, 2003 11:50 pm

"Damon, come in here if you wish, we may of found something to help you with your hand."


User avatar
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!
 
Posts: 3605
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:02 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: Aaah! Staff of detect Evil! It burns!

Unread postby Kelne » Wed Apr 02, 2003 12:46 am

"Sounds handy," Jeff said, stepping over to the pool. Now if I were in charge here, I'd have put a very different enchantment on that pool. Perhaps something to turn the drinker green... Still, he wasn't in charge. Scooping up some water in his cupped hands, Jeff took a drink.


Divinegon2130
 

Re: Aaah! Staff of detect Evil! It burns!

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Wed Apr 02, 2003 4:15 pm

Damon came towards the fake wall, peeking his head through and wondering what Elijah was talking about. "You do?"

Meanwhile, as Jeff drank the water, he felt his wounds close pretty much completely. In addition, his mind and body felt as if he had just had a full night of rest. Darrith's words had been true - but the water had another effect on Jeff.

Moments after he drank it, he felt in control of himself again. The demonic presence that had driven him at some points earlier was gone from him.

(Jeff is at full HP/MP/TP. Also the demonic presence caused by Damon's healing is gone.)


Geocsuppi
 

Re: Aaah! Staff of detect Evil! It burns!

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Wed Apr 02, 2003 8:56 pm

Walter watched as he drank to see if anything happened. He felt drained from all of the casting he had already done.


Divinegon2130
 

Re: Aaah! Staff of detect Evil! It burns!

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Wed Apr 02, 2003 9:19 pm

As Walter drank the water, the drain he had been feeling from his spellcasting seemed to go away rather quickly. He too felt rested.

After Walter drank, Damon went up to the fountain. "So this is it, I assume?" When Darrith nodded in his direction, Damon scooped up some of the water in the same manner that Jeff had and drank it. He felt better as well - the burn seemed to go away, reverting to normal skin, and he seemed more alert now.

(Both Walter and Damon are at full HP/MP/TP as well.)


Dark Xia
 

Re: Aaah! Staff of detect Evil! It burns!

Unread postby Dark Xia » Wed Apr 02, 2003 10:43 pm

"So.... it heals you? no one feels any side-effects?" Elijah gazed at the flowing water of the fountain. To drink, or to rely on his own strength. Sure he felt slightly tired, but that was no need to fall back on magical water already was it?


Geocsuppi
 

Re: Aaah! Staff of detect Evil! It burns!

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Wed Apr 02, 2003 11:12 pm

"Yeah there's a side effect. I feel very invigorated. It's almost like an aphrodisiac, except with out those side effects.”


Divinegon2130
 

Re: Aaah! Staff of detect Evil! It burns!

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Wed Apr 02, 2003 11:16 pm

Darrith and Damon found themselves exchanging glances when Walter's statement came up. But rather than comment on that, they turned toward Layne.

Damon started to tap his foot, as Darrith diverted his attention towards the rabbit he was holding.


Dark Xia
 

Re: Aaah! Staff of detect Evil! It burns!

Unread postby Dark Xia » Wed Apr 02, 2003 11:19 pm

"I believe I'll pass for now. Can you cook that thing quickly? Or just eat it raw, we should get moving. "


Divinegon2130
 

Re: Aaah! Staff of detect Evil! It burns!

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Wed Apr 02, 2003 11:25 pm

"We're waiting on Layne here to see whether he wants a drink or not," Damon said in response to Elijah.

Darrith, meanwhile, gave in to hunger and started eating the rabbit right where he was.


User avatar
KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?
 
Posts: 2656
Joined: Tue May 07, 2002 7:21 pm
Location: Calgary

... mothers...

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Thu Apr 03, 2003 7:14 pm

<span style="font-family:comic sans ms; color:navy;">Layne blinked. "Oh! Uh... yeah, sure..."

He bent down, cupped his hands, and drank his fill...</span>


Divinegon2130
 

Re: ... mothers...

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Thu Apr 03, 2003 9:25 pm

And Layne, too, felt fully recovered, the drain from his spellcasting going away.

(Layne's also at full HP/MP/TP.)

By now, Darrith had finished eating the rabbit. "Well, let's get moving. I've got a grievance against the tower's resident to settle, and quick." With that, Darrith hurried outside the wall and towards the door they had entered from, going up the stairway further.

Damon quickly followed after him.


Dark Xia
 

Re: ... mothers...

Unread postby Dark Xia » Thu Apr 03, 2003 9:39 pm

Elijah followed in silence, wondering really if it had been a good idea for darrith to have eaten that rabbit.


User avatar
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!
 
Posts: 3605
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:02 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: ... mothers...

Unread postby Kelne » Thu Apr 03, 2003 9:45 pm

"Yeah, sure," Jeff said cheerfully, following along. He was feeling much better since his drink of the water. The urges which plagued him were back to the usual ones now, a distinct relief.


Geocsuppi
 

Re: ... mothers...

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Thu Apr 03, 2003 10:25 pm

Walter said nothing as he huried to keep up. He felt a lot better after the drink. His staff in hand and his confedence up some Walter felt ready for anything.


Divinegon2130
 

Re: ... mothers...

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sun Apr 06, 2003 11:25 am

(OOC: Since Cha seems to be unable to post, I'm just going to assume Layne followed after the others.)

As the six of them kept going, something odd seemed to happen to the walls of the tower. The walls still looked like stone, but they started to feel a bit like flesh, as if they were slightly alive. The floor felt like this, too - and Darrith constantly looked down at it.

Eventually, however, the group reached another landing of the stairs, coming across another door. The door looked rotted and old - how any door could look like it and still be in use was beyond understanding.


User avatar
KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?
 
Posts: 2656
Joined: Tue May 07, 2002 7:21 pm
Location: Calgary

See Serious Forum

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Mon Apr 07, 2003 1:13 pm

<span style="font-family:comic sans ms; color:navy;">"... uh... does anyone else get the creeps?" Layne wondered aloud.

He slowly edged to the forefront, and jabbed at the door, hoping it would open...</span>


Dark Xia
 

Re: See Serious Forum

Unread postby Dark Xia » Mon Apr 07, 2003 5:42 pm

Elijah crossed her arms, standing back watching this unfold. Alive.... he could not help but feel very vunerable, and worried about Layne's sudden action.


Divinegon2130
 

*sympathizes... for a few seconds*

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Mon Apr 07, 2003 8:05 pm

Layne found himself able to open the door rather easily. Behind the door was another large room, with old weapons and armor discarded haphazardly in the corners, a long pole leaning against one wall, crates lined up along the opposite wall, and a pair of bronze heaps in the center.

Apparently, the room was a storeroom or something similar to it. Not a very well-kept storeroom, admittedly, but a storeroom nonetheless.

"....uhhh.... I have a very bad feeling about this...." Darrith spoke nervously, shuddering meanwhile.


User avatar
KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?
 
Posts: 2656
Joined: Tue May 07, 2002 7:21 pm
Location: Calgary

Re: *sympathizes... for a few seconds*

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Mon Apr 07, 2003 9:42 pm

<span style="font-family:comic sans ms; color:navy;">"Hey... cool!" Layne exclaimed as he saw all of the old cool relics.

He began to look almost feverishly for something he might like: a new staff, some well-worn leather jackets... maybe even an old quilt he could restore...</span>


Divinegon2130
 

Re: *sympathizes... for a few seconds*

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Mon Apr 07, 2003 10:03 pm

Layne searched the room frantically, and found out several things.

Most of the weapons piled up were beyond repair. However, he did discover a slightly old dagger that seemed to be in fair shape. He also realized that the pole leaning on the wall was about the size of a quarterstaff, and could probably be used as such.

Damon cautiously entered as well, followed by Darrith, who seemed to be ever-so-nervous. "May want to watch your step guys.... I just sensed lightning somewhere in this room." Darrith's voice conveyed an unnatural amount of fear.


User avatar
KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?
 
Posts: 2656
Joined: Tue May 07, 2002 7:21 pm
Location: Calgary

Re: *sympathizes... for a few seconds*

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Mon Apr 07, 2003 10:06 pm

<span style="font-family:comic sans ms; color:navy;">"Eh. You worry too much," Layne said as he took solid hold of the quarterstaff sized pole...</span>


Dark Xia
 

Re: *sympathizes... for a few seconds*

Unread postby Dark Xia » Tue Apr 08, 2003 6:22 am

Elijah suddenly paused, thinking of this as a trap, a few scenerio's came to mind "If you wish to risk taking anything from this room go ahead, but you might wake the watcher,then again I could be wrong and we'll face him anyway." Elijah sighed, remembering that feeling that the walls were... alive..... created from magic and given sentience, well who knows the levle of intelligence given....

"I will free this place from this mad man." He said to himself.

Edited by: Dark Xia at: 4/14/03 4:07:28 pm

Divinegon2130
 

Re: *sympathizes... for a few seconds*

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Tue Apr 08, 2003 3:10 pm

As Layne took the pole in his hands, Elijah noticed that one of the heaps of bronze seemed to twitch ever so slightly. It was impossible to tell why it moved; it just did move, for no visible reason.


Dark Xia
 

..... it moved! Kill it!

Unread postby Dark Xia » Tue Apr 08, 2003 4:30 pm

Notcing this Elijah dropped his arms down by his sides. He knew that A. There was something under the armor. B. The metal was alive. "I really do suggest you put that pole back just in case... unless you see a very good reason for taking it."

Edited by: Dark Xia at: 6/14/03 10:01 am

User avatar
KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?
 
Posts: 2656
Joined: Tue May 07, 2002 7:21 pm
Location: Calgary

Re: ..... it moved! Kill it!

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Tue Apr 08, 2003 6:19 pm

<span style="font-family:comic sans ms; color:navy;">Layne noticed the movement too. "Uh... K..."

Layne placed the pole right back where he found it and looked around for another door...</span>


Divinegon2130
 

Re: ..... it moved! Kill it!

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Tue Apr 08, 2003 9:44 pm

Layne found no other doors in the room. There was only one exit, and that was the way they came in.

Suddenly, the bronze heaps revealed what they were. They were actually serpents made completely of bronze, and fat electrical sparks 'dripped' from their teeth. Their next actions proved that they had been lying in wait, and that they were quick to respond to Layne's carelessness.

One of the serpents lashed out at Layne, biting him hard in the chest and injecting the electrical energy into him. Layne knew he was lucky to survive such a blow.

Damon then leaped to the attack, thrusting his shikomi-zue into the back of the serpent. This thrust proved ineffective, however, as it hardly made a dent. Then the other serpent took this time to bite Damon.

Layne and the others could tell that Damon had far less luck with resisting the magical electricity than Layne had. In fact, it surged so much through his body that it caused everything in his body to weaken.

His body, still living but barely so, hit the ground hard. This was going to be a very dangerous and horrible fight.

(Layne suffers 52 damage, bringing him to 11/63 HP, Damon deals 8 damage, and Damon suffers a whopping 93 damage, marking him as unconscious.

Layne's turn. Order of initiative is Bronze Serpent B (went), Damon (went, now unconscious), Bronze Serpent A (went), Layne, Walter, Jeff, Elijah, Darrith.)


User avatar
KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?
 
Posts: 2656
Joined: Tue May 07, 2002 7:21 pm
Location: Calgary

Re: ..... it moved! Kill it!

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Tue Apr 08, 2003 9:52 pm

<span style="font-family:comic sans ms; color:navy;">Shock.

PAIN.

Impulse.

React.

Water rusts metal.


All these thoughts happened in a blink. Before Layne could truly realize it, a surge of summoned water was charging towards his opponent.

I'm getting better at this, he thought...

(Aqua 2.)</span>


Divinegon2130
 

Re: ..... it moved! Kill it!

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Tue Apr 08, 2003 10:05 pm

Layne's water spell proved more effective than expected, as the rapid exposure to the liquid began to corrode parts of the serpent's body, and caused the thing to recoil due to the pressure they caused. Layne knew that hard blows like this were absolutely necessary for surviving monsters like these.

(Layne deals 87 damage, a critical hit. Walter's turn.)


Geocsuppi
 

Re: ..... it moved! Kill it!

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Wed Apr 09, 2003 2:12 am

'Hmm... I could hit it the metal monster but...'

Walter raised his staff. He acended into the Astral Plane, where the serpents were easily found. Walter saw their threads. He carefully started to unravel Serpent B's threads.

[casts Rip]

[OOC:Gomenasi. I meant to put it in but then got pressed for time. Please forgive me.]

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=geocsuppi>Geocsuppi</A] at: 4/10/03 1:20:07 am

Divinegon2130
 

Re: ..... it moved! Kill it!

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Wed Apr 09, 2003 8:57 pm

(OOC: I understand that.)

Walter was just starting to unravel the astral threads of the bronze serpent when his astral 'hand' slipped from the threads. He realized that apparently, he hadn't gotten a good grip on the aura that time. Luck wasn't treating him well.

(Walter is at 76/86 MP. I am going to wait and let Kelne take Jeff's action when he returns, as I am pressed for time right now. Not to say that Xia can't post Elijah's action.... he can still do that.)

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=divinegon2130>Divinegon2130</A]&nbsp; Image at: 4/10/03 9:13:56 pm

Dark Xia
 

Re: ..... it moved! Kill it!

Unread postby Dark Xia » Thu Apr 10, 2003 10:24 pm

Seeing Damon take such a blow shook Elijah, causing him to pause for a moment. For a moment he thought to himself that he had no way to elp this person, he had no healing abilities.... then he felt like a complete fool as he rushed over to Damon, taking out his water skin which had had filled with the magical water and first dumped a bit onto Damon, then carefully tried to get him to drink it.


User avatar
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!
 
Posts: 3605
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:02 am
Location: New Zealand

*returns*

Unread postby Kelne » Fri Apr 11, 2003 1:26 am

Metal snakes... Jeff considered having some fun with them, but... There was no point, really. It wasn't like they'd be intelligent enough to get it.

Practice, as his teachers had persistently tried to explain to him, made perfect, and this time Jeff was able to put considerably more force behind the blast of fire he unleashed at the closest snake.

(Fire 2)


Divinegon2130
 

LLOOONNNNGGG post here.

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sun Apr 13, 2003 5:25 pm

Jeff's blast of fire singed the serpent he had directed it at and partially melted one of its segments. He knew, however, that a lot more effort was needed before the serpent would be done for.

Meanwhile, Elijah had great success in healing Damon with the water, as it sealed up Damon's injury and soothed the electrical burns he had sustained. Even though this healing left behind the bite marks of the two biggest teeth, Damon got to his feet, looking none too happy.

Darrith watched all of this with caution. Noticing how the serpent nearest Layne seemed to be causing the most trouble, he slowly chanted and, after a few moments, slammed his open hands onto the ground. A small pile of rocks came down from what appeared to be the ceiling and landed squarely on the serpent. This had a slightly unexpected effect - the electricity from the serpent's fangs stopped for about a second before starting up again.

During this time, Damon and the serpent exchanged inaccurate blows, neither of them hitting. The other serpent - the one Jeff had targeted - seemed a bit irritated, and lunged out rapidly at Darrith, its fangs sinking into the draconian's arm. Darrith was able to overcome most of the electricity, but what little electricity hurt him gave him worse burns than expected.

(Jeff deals 40 damage, Elijah's water heals Damon fully, Darrith dealt 72 damage, neither Damon nor Bronze Serpent B hit, and Darrith suffered 80 damage.

Layne's turn.)


User avatar
KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?
 
Posts: 2656
Joined: Tue May 07, 2002 7:21 pm
Location: Calgary

Re: LLOOONNNNGGG post here.

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Mon Apr 14, 2003 12:59 pm

<span style="font-family:comic sans ms; color:navy;">Layne decided not to break with what worked, and hit one of the serpents again with his water attack.

(Aqua 2, Serpent... whichever one Layne hasn't attacked.)</span>

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kingofdoma>KingOfDoma</A] at: 4/15/03 6:24:22 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron

Yalogank