Beyond Time and Space

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:40 pm

"Yeah, but this stuff's pretty delicate." Annie says. "Plus it would be clumsy, I bet."
Hey there! Can I give you a hand?

User avatar
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!
 
Posts: 3605
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:02 am
Location: New Zealand

Unread postby Kelne » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:47 am

"None too bright either, unfortunately," Kelne said, "It all depends on whether the device needs to contact the tower directly or simple proximity to the top is enough. If the latter, we can put it in a padded bag and tie it in place on the construct. If not," he shrugged, "I fly up and place it under cover of darkness."

User avatar
Deeum
 
Posts: 2109
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 4:25 am

Unread postby Deeum » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:31 pm

Deeum, still trying to recover from the sheer corruption of that girls aura, grabs a glass of water from the table and takes a couple gulps.
"I don't know if I know her or not.. she just looks familiar to me.." She collects herself and sits back.
"Whoever she was, she had a strong magical aura around her.. a strong and violently corrupted one. I'm surprised it didn't knock me clean out."

User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:40 am

"Yeah...In this city, 'dark' doesn't really happen." Annie says. "We might just have to go for it and hope nobody notices."
Hey there! Can I give you a hand?

User avatar
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!
 
Posts: 3605
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:02 am
Location: New Zealand

Unread postby Kelne » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:03 am

Kelne nodded thoughtfully, looking about at the surrounding cityscape and trying to work out the best angles of approach for remaining unseen, "We'll have to have someone waiting nearby to meet and greet whoever comes to investigate," he noted, "Not much point in setting up a beacon and then expecting Kasarov to just intuit where we're to be found. Is loitering about likely to attract attention, do you think?" he expanded his scoping of the area to encompass any likely roofs to lurk on. However things worked out, it was likely to be an all-nighter.

User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:37 am

"...Actually, the way this guy works, he'll know exactly where to come." Annie says. "All we need to do is get his attention and he'll find us."
Hey there! Can I give you a hand?

Idran1701
None some call is air am
 
Posts: 42197
Joined: Wed May 29, 2002 9:37 am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:35 am

Glancing off in the direction the girl fled, Idran frowns, slowly standing from the table. He keeps his voice low, trying not to catch the ear of the other diners. "An aura that strong, in this city? If she's a native, she's an important one. There's people with potential here, but a bare few with auras stronger than apprentices. And even that aside, something about you spooked her, Deeum. Something's up, we need to track her down before she gets away."

A small wince barely slips onto his expression as he gets to his feet, quickly wiped away by a slight smirk of expectation for what's to come. "Honestly, I was almost hoping for something like this. Richard, Deeum, you up for a chase?"

User avatar
NebulaQueen
Moderator
 
Posts: 2557
Joined: Fri May 31, 2002 6:38 pm

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:58 am

Spob furrowed his brow, and thought silently on how to get past this little problem. After hearing Annie and Kelne talk, he finally decided to speak off. "First of all," he started, "how often to people actually check this tower? Who's keeping an eye on it?"

User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:59 am

"There's bound to be cameras." Annie replies.
Hey there! Can I give you a hand?

User avatar
NebulaQueen
Moderator
 
Posts: 2557
Joined: Fri May 31, 2002 6:38 pm

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:01 am

Spob frowned, and looked back up at the tower. There were so many little details he forgot about on this world, and at times it seemed like there was too much technology to keep up with. It was quite frustrating.

"I see two options," he said. "We can either find a way to take care of these cameras, if you can think of a way that would work, or come up with a quick getaway plan. But first, we'll need to figure out a way to even set this beacon."

User avatar
Nakibe
Lady Malix wills your demise!
 
Posts: 1214
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2002 8:51 am

Unread postby Nakibe » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:57 am

"I guess I COULD stretch my legs a bit," said Richard, "Just hope she ain't got too much of the wrong idea out of this. Or that we can handle some of it." Definitely would NOT be good if we ran into a coven of mages or whatever now

User avatar
Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard
 
Posts: 4612
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2002 8:56 pm
Location: Virginia

Unread postby Besyanteo » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:28 pm

Jeridan glanced at the menu for room service. Many items were already familiar to him from Doma. The almost precise parallel in the two languages was eerie, but convenient.

"I'll have a steak, rare, and..."

He stopped looking at the beverage section. They had tea, which was no big surprise. What was a show stopper was the word in front of it. "Iced". Ice? In Tea? Opulence!

"and an iced tea, please?"

User avatar
Deeum
 
Posts: 2109
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 4:25 am

Unread postby Deeum » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:35 am

Deeum quickly got out of her seat and look at Idran and Richard. "Most defiantly. I've gotta say I'm curios about her and where I've seen her before." She took a deep breath clear her senses and to ease her stomach.
"But hopefully I can brace myself before meeting her again. I'm sure I wasn't too pleasant on her senses either.

Idran1701
None some call is air am
 
Posts: 42197
Joined: Wed May 29, 2002 9:37 am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:59 pm

Leaving the kitchen, the three Gaerans run through the lobby, heading for the revolving doors at the hotel's entrance. Deeum can't help but sense the feel of her corruptive aura hanging in the air even now, although thankfully for her, much weaker. Even Richard can feel the presence some, a thin taint drifting along the path left by the odd girl.

They run outside, scouring the streets and walkways for any sign of her. The area's a bit packed now, with people milling about and just about filling the paths. Vehicles drive back and forth in the road, sending up a constant dull roar. They haven't completely lost her, though; the remnants of corruption hang in the astral plane here as well. Even in the physical world she seems to have left evidence behind, as a few people in the crowd seem to have been stricken with a sudden illness, their skin pale and their balance unsteady. But with the number of people around, will this alone be enough for them to keep on the trail?

User avatar
Deeum
 
Posts: 2109
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 4:25 am

Unread postby Deeum » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:05 pm

And you thought the afternoon hustle in Doma was noisy!
Deeum focuses mainly on keeping on the trail of the corruption through the vast groups of people walking about. It doesn't take her any time to see and feel it and attempts to lead Idran and Richard along the way.

Idran1701
None some call is air am
 
Posts: 42197
Joined: Wed May 29, 2002 9:37 am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:02 pm

Leading the way, Deeum pushes through the streets, Idran and Richard following behind. She follows the trail as it winds through the city, turning this way and that with almost no rhyme or reason. They start to gain, just barely spotting her up ahead, pushing past pedestrians and glancing back every so often at the three of them.

The gap slowly closes, leading her to toss an irritated glare back at them. Only a few dozen feet away now, she gives a small hand gesture as they get closer and closer to catching her...and a sudden blast at their side takes their attention. A squat metal cylinder on the edge of the sidewalk bursts open, metal cap shooting off the side and a geyser of water surging out towards them. Richard twists out of the way of the flying cap, and stands firm against the massive stream of water. Deeum and Idran aren't quite so lucky, as the blast sweeps her off her feet, pushing her along the ground and into the wall, though without enough force to actually hurt any.

With a smirk, the girl dashes off again, heading towards the corner of the block. People begin milling around, trying to help the two out of the blast and back to their feet.

User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:38 pm

"I..Could think of some things, I guess. If you gave me some time." Annie responds.


-----


Jeridan waits for a bit, before there's an athoritive knock on his door. "Mr...Jeridan, is it? My name is Xuang, and I'm with D-52. Do you have a moment?"
Hey there! Can I give you a hand?

User avatar
Deeum
 
Posts: 2109
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 4:25 am

Unread postby Deeum » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:50 am

GAK!
Deeum pulls herself off the ground and glares onward toward the running girl. "Oh, that's not even right". She curses to herself ringing out the water from her shirt.
"Idran, you alright?"

User avatar
Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard
 
Posts: 4612
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2002 8:56 pm
Location: Virginia

Unread postby Besyanteo » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:27 am

Well, that was a little too prompt to be the food. Wait, D-52? That sounded familiar... Well, not much for it.

"I'll be there in a second."

He stuffed himself into his pants again, slipped the ring back on, and pulled on a shirt. It wasn't perfect, and he'd be a few minutes walking around before he started to feel really uncomfortable, short of a bit of luck, but it would do to answer the door. He sort of empathized with the garou clans that had chosen to forego clothing entirely, but being able to interact with human society had it's benefits, too. About twelve seconds after he'd replied, he opened the door.

"Yes?"

Idran1701
None some call is air am
 
Posts: 42197
Joined: Wed May 29, 2002 9:37 am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:53 pm

Getting out of the still-flowing blast, Idran leans against the wall and struggles to his feet, shuddering from the chill. "I'll be okay, I just need to catch my breath. What about you two, are you all right? Seems like she's not caring quite so much about subtlety as us."

User avatar
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!
 
Posts: 3605
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:02 am
Location: New Zealand

Unread postby Kelne » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:18 am

Kelne shrugged, "Depends where the cameras are aimed, really. In the absense of dragons, celestials and so forth, I doubt they have any reason to point them at the sky."

User avatar
Nakibe
Lady Malix wills your demise!
 
Posts: 1214
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2002 8:51 am

Unread postby Nakibe » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:39 pm

"GURGLB FUBTTTH!!!" Richard was soaked. Completely, utterly, soaked. And these were fucking NEW clothes too!! As he was pulled out of the flow of the odd device, it was probably a good thing that his mouth was constantly filled with water, otherwise he would pollute the streets with more foul language as he fumed. Finally, after a moment to cool down his temper (not NEARLY long enough to get dry), he asked "Still wanna keep it subtle? 'cause I sure as hell don't."

Idran1701
None some call is air am
 
Posts: 42197
Joined: Wed May 29, 2002 9:37 am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:59 pm

Not nearly so angry as Richard, Idran merely glances off towards the corner where the girl disappeared behind. Keeping his voice low enough that those around hopefully won't hear over the rushing water, he looks to Richard. "Maybe not quite as much. What've you got in mind?"

User avatar
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!
 
Posts: 3605
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:02 am
Location: New Zealand

Unread postby Kelne » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:11 am

"At any rate," Kelne decided, "I doubt we're going to learn much more here. What say we take the opportunity to familiarise ourselves with the city?" Ever and always, Kelne could be counted upon to make certain he knew his way around town. You never knew when such familiarity would be necessary to keep a few steps ahead of the opposition. And gods knew any opposition had the home town advantage. Best not to let that advantage count for too much.

User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:05 am

"Oh, it's just like any other city." Annie says. "All the districts and stuff are laid out together, like all the business is around the pyramid..."

She thought for a minute. "Is there anything specific you need to know about?"


-----

Jeridan opens the door, and Xuang stands outside. He is a tall man, a complexion similar to Annie's, though a bit darker. His expression is...Incredibly neutral. He looks at Jeridan evenly for a moment, before speaking.

"I have orders from Mister Hayward to come and ensure that everything is arranged properly. We trust your trip went well?"
Hey there! Can I give you a hand?

User avatar
Nakibe
Lady Malix wills your demise!
 
Posts: 1214
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2002 8:51 am

Unread postby Nakibe » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:49 pm

"Right now? Nothing I'd wanna repeat in front of a lady." groused Richard. "Pretty sure it'd be a BAD idea to start tearing things up tryin to go after her. But that's all I got." he shrugs. If only he was sure exactly how far he could go here.... Ah, well. "I dunno. Maybe we could... I guess, track her by her feel or something? I'm not really good at that, though."

User avatar
Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard
 
Posts: 4612
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2002 8:56 pm
Location: Virginia

Unread postby Besyanteo » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:48 pm

He kept his expression neutral as the man at the door spoke. To see that everything was in order? What? Perhaps it would have made more sense if he knew what their next step was supposed to be or even when or where they were supposed to be going next. Still, he wasn't going to complain; For all he knew, Xuang might be about to explain just that.

"It did, yes."

User avatar
Deeum
 
Posts: 2109
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 4:25 am

Unread postby Deeum » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:31 pm

'You may not be able to, but I still can" Deeum comments while still shaking the water from her clothes.
'She couldn't have ran far and at least well be ready this time if she decided to pull another stunt like that.'

Idran1701
None some call is air am
 
Posts: 42197
Joined: Wed May 29, 2002 9:37 am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:35 pm

Idran nods, doing his best to keep from shivering, worrying less about the volume of his voice as people pay more attention to the source of the water than its victims. "How well do you think you can track her, Deeum? If it's obvious, I suppose we might not even have to chase her at all. It would certainly make things easier."

Stepping away from the geyser, he slips his jacket off, wringing it out. "What do you think she is, anyway? At first I thought maybe she was just a random sensitive that got spooked by your aura, but I think we can rule that out now."

User avatar
Deeum
 
Posts: 2109
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 4:25 am

Unread postby Deeum » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:42 pm

'Well, since her trail is still fresh, I can probably follow the corruption coming from her aura. Not that said prospects thrill me, but we don't have a choice right now." Deeum looks around through the crowd of people using her eyes and senses to find the trail again.

Idran1701
None some call is air am
 
Posts: 42197
Joined: Wed May 29, 2002 9:37 am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:46 pm

Indeed, the trail still stands out brightly against the background, almost glowing with decay. The magic left in her wake still looks to be strong enough to have an effect on even the non-magical; as they walk around, watching the hydrant, a few 'civilians' are starting to get noticeably pale in the wake of her escape.

User avatar
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!
 
Posts: 3605
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:02 am
Location: New Zealand

Unread postby Kelne » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:49 am

Kelne shook his head, "Nothing in particular. I just like to have a sense of my surroundings in case of assassins, demonic invasions and suchlike." His tone was light, though of course he was perfectly serious.

"I might take a look at the local library while I'm at it, though."

User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:31 am

"Ah!" Annie says. "11th and B."

---

Xuang nods curtly, hands still folded behind his back. "If I may be so bold; what is your business in the city?"
Hey there! Can I give you a hand?

User avatar
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!
 
Posts: 3605
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:02 am
Location: New Zealand

Unread postby Kelne » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:44 am

Kelne nodded, having glanced at numerous street signs to date. An exceedingly orderly naming system, if one utterly devoid of imagination, "Out of curiosity, what happens when you run out of letters?" he asked idly.

User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:45 am

"We go to names." Annie shrugs.
Hey there! Can I give you a hand?

User avatar
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!
 
Posts: 3605
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:02 am
Location: New Zealand

Unread postby Kelne » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:02 am

"In alphabetical order, no doubt," Kelne said, unsure whether or not to approve of the system. It was orderly, straightforward, logical... And no doubt there was some terrible flaw somewhere that he wasn't seeing.

"Well, it all seems straightforward enough, so I doubt I'll need a guide. Shall I meet you back at the hotel around sundown?"

User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:09 am

"That sounds good." Annie says, and looks to spob for confirmation.
Hey there! Can I give you a hand?

User avatar
Deeum
 
Posts: 2109
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 4:25 am

Unread postby Deeum » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:27 am

'Yeah, just as I thought... with an aura like that, even non-magical beings can feel some effects.' Deeum frowned and pressed onwards on the trail.

Idran1701
None some call is air am
 
Posts: 42197
Joined: Wed May 29, 2002 9:37 am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:41 am

Stepping around the crowds, the party once more resumes their pursuit of the odd child, though in a less rushed manner this time. Deeum takes the lead, following the trail of sickness as it weaves from block to block, taking them far from the hotel. Finally, it brings them to a specific building - the Deck Water Processing Plant. The door stands closed; locked at first glance, although closer inspection shows the lock to be corroded through and broken. Even beyond this evidence, the trail definitely leads into this building; appropriate given what they know of her, perhaps, but what might she be doing here?

Inside the building, the sound of running machinery all but drowns out any other sounds that might be present. Massive tanks fill the one-room facility, the walls of some having been rusted through, exposing the inner workings. The trail weaves its way between these tanks, leading the trio to a solid metal staircase connecting to a system of catwalks above. Up the stairs, they walk from platform to platform, before finally finding the girl standing at the end of one of the walkways, stuck at a dead end high above the ground.

User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:47 am

The girl looks desperately around, before turning completely to face her followers. She haunches a bit, as if preparing to defend herself. "Don't come any closer." She orders.
Hey there! Can I give you a hand?

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

cron

Yalogank