Belelmund: The Folly of Sitanest

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
User avatar
FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus
 
Posts: 1865
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 7:11 pm
Location: New England

I had to do it =(

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:07 am

Daniel sighs before answering her.

"I appreciate the concern Myrnal, but I'm not the one you should be worried about."

He then glances over at Charles, then back to Myrnal.

"If something happens to Charles, not only is our mission likely screwed, but so is the possible future of Baron and Doma as well."

He gets up and quickly heads to the door, turning back briefly to say one last thing.


"I'll come back for help if it gets bad, but don't leave Charles alone just for my sake. He's the one's we're supposed to be watching out for after all, not me."

And with that, Daniel hops out the back of the wagon, heading toward the conflict. He only hopes he can come up with something to do on the way over...

User avatar
Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard
 
Posts: 4612
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2002 8:56 pm
Location: Virginia

Unread postby Besyanteo » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:22 am

Dan approaches the fray! He's only got a few moments to decide who is who; There's who human men on the ground with swords drawn, headed for a woman on the cart. There's a towering ork with a red aura visible to the naked eye, fighting barehanded and unarmored against a woman with a sword and some leather armor. There's an elven archer on the cart next to the previously mentioned woman, and finally there are two mages, an elf and a nekojin, standing away from the fray and firing into it now and then.

Before Dan is close enough to properly pick a target, one of those human men reaches Neb. His fellow is coming up fast behind him, though they aren't quite as synchronized as they seemed a few moments ago, and cannot yet attack. The one that has reached Neb already is more than cause for worry: He cuts deeply into her abdomen with either sword, only barely missing vitals.

(Neb is critted, and takes 80 damage. Dan is up.)

User avatar
FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus
 
Posts: 1865
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 7:11 pm
Location: New England

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:02 pm

Perhaps, under different circumstances, Daniel would've been more careful.

After all, how was he to know the woman on the cart is actually the one in danger? Perhaps the two men were knocked off, and are merely trying to stop a thief from taking their cart.

Fortunately for the woman, seeing her assault stops the careful thought.

Someone's trying to kill her, and another appears to be ready to do the same.

He has to act now.


"YOU BLOODY BASTARDS!" Daniel shouts. Getting a running start, he attempts to tackle the second man.

User avatar
Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard
 
Posts: 4612
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2002 8:56 pm
Location: Virginia

Unread postby Besyanteo » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:15 pm

Dan charges the man, intent on knocking him down! However, the man sees him coming just in time to halt his own charge, and sidestep Dan. As it is, their shoulders still brush, and for better or worse he has a new target. Dan's adversary swings wildly with both blades, intent on beheading the paladin! He quickly brings up his own spear, and catches the scissor motion that was meant for his neck, and repels his attacker soundly!

(No Damage this round; Neb is up)

User avatar
NebulaQueen
Moderator
 
Posts: 2557
Joined: Fri May 31, 2002 6:38 pm

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:45 am

Neb screamed in pain as the sword sliced through her belly, and fear gripped her heart when she managed to look up at her attacker. While this was hardly the first time she had been forced to fight for her life, the shopkeeper realized that this might just be the last battle she would ever see...

...that is, until she saw the paladin rush in, like a knight in shining armor leaping straight out of a book. She raised her hand towards him, but quickly lowered it; A corpse will be no help to anybody, she thought bitterly. Neb brushed away any previous thoughts she had about spells and cantrips, and did the most practical thing she could do right now: try to get out of the way. As much as she wanted to help him, first she had to help herself.

User avatar
Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard
 
Posts: 4612
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2002 8:56 pm
Location: Virginia

Unread postby Besyanteo » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:05 am

Neb... Flees! As she turns around, she can see where her rescuer came from: Two very expensive looking carriages drawn by horses are just down the road, and a much more civilised Orc is still running towards the fight from that direction. Otherwise, there's lots and lots of open country to run around in.

(Annetta! Neb can still pick somewhere to run to.)

User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:04 pm

Anetta glared up at the orc above her. In the back of her mind, she laughed to herself. What, exactly, was this bafoon going to do to one such as her? Calmly, she leveled her palms at her attacker, willing a burst of flame to come forth.

(Equivolent of Fire 2!)
Hey there! Can I give you a hand?

User avatar
Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard
 
Posts: 4612
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2002 8:56 pm
Location: Virginia

Unread postby Besyanteo » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:12 pm

Annetta focuses her will onto the task of summoning up a ball of fire into her hand! It flares into life, and she prepares to hurl it... When the orc advances on her. His aura comes into contact with her spell, and her concentration breaks. The ball explodes still in her hand, and the pair of fighters are ever so briefly wreathed in flames, giving way to a puff of smoke and some charred clothing and hair.

(Both Anetta and the Orc take 10 damage on a critfail spell casting roll. Leothe!)

User avatar
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!
 
Posts: 3605
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:02 am
Location: New Zealand

Unread postby Kelne » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:42 pm

Leothe was intensely grateful for the intervention of the strangers, whoever they were. With the odds between fighters now a bit more even, it was time to give the casters something to worry about.

Words of magic spilled from his lips, and the air seemed to shimmer, coalescing into a rather large snake. Following orders, it slithered off to attack the elf.

(Constrictor)

User avatar
Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard
 
Posts: 4612
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2002 8:56 pm
Location: Virginia

Unread postby Besyanteo » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:11 pm

Leothe summons a large snake onto the field with little trouble, and it slithers off quickly towards the nekojin mage. It lunges at the mage, but he sidesteps nimbly.

Over by Annetta, her Orcish friend is still in a towering rage with a bloody red aura. He swings wildly once again, all his weight behind the punch. It connects solidly with her stomach, forcing a grunt out of her.

The Elven mage gestures at Leothe's summoned snake, coiled in preparation for a new attack, and lightning springs from her finger tips! They lace in and out of the snake's body, before the whole thing explodes in a cloud of astral energy.

Meanwhile, that nekojin looks none too pleased with the attack on his person. He raises a hand towards Leothe, and a piercing beam of light shoots forth. It strikes Leothe, and he feels as though he had been set on fire; He even begins to smoke as the light passes, and he staggers back a pace and falls to one knee, beyond his ability to prevent such.

(Annetta takes 36 Subdual damage; She is at 37/103 with 10 lethal damage. The snake is totally off the field right after getting on, and Leother takes 60 lethal damage, putting him at 4/64 after being critted.
Kobakk's turn.)

User avatar
KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?
 
Posts: 2656
Joined: Tue May 07, 2002 7:21 pm
Location: Calgary

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:36 am

A flurry of thoughts flew through Kobakk's mind, like razors through a parchment. He knew he had to help. These people... needed help. But Dan was in trouble as well. Immediate trouble. And while these folks would surely be grateful for their help, and MAY help them in their cause if Charles willed it, there were no guarantees. Too many variables. And right now, the safety of the mission had to be ensured. And Dan's survival was pivotal to that mission. Kobakk trusted Charles enough to believe he wouldn't have chosen him if he weren't important to that. Thus, for the immediate future, Dan's survival was his highest priority.

All this took a blink of an eye to process. Kobakk impressed himself. Usually, such complex computations took at least minutes to calculate. But, his self-congratulation would have to wait a second longer.

The man engaging in conflict with the paladin soon had a new threat to deal with. Kobakk bore down on his position, swak raised high. Today, Kobakk intended to shatter bones...

(Bonecracker.)

User avatar
Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard
 
Posts: 4612
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2002 8:56 pm
Location: Virginia

Unread postby Besyanteo » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:19 pm

Kobakk runs in and, with a swiftness that belies his large size, slams the Swak into the arm of the human man that had just assaulted Neb, and was about to turn on Dan. There's a soft crunching sound as the large metal stick hits home, and the man cries it in agony as the attack literally bowls him over. It is suddenly no longer a good day to be a bandit. He struggles to stand again, and scampers over towards the casters. His partner, however, stays put while facing Dan.

(Kobakk, after some sheet revision, does a whopping 55 damage.
Dan is up.)

User avatar
FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus
 
Posts: 1865
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 7:11 pm
Location: New England

I R teh suk >_>;

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:59 pm

Daniel silently thanks the Goddess, as he notes Kobakk barreling past him to take out one of the thieves. Meanwhile, the thief before Daniel finds himself face to face with a very angry Doman knight. He attempts two quick strikes with his halberd, not intent on dying to this man today.

(Dan strikes twice, trying to do subdual damage instead of lethal)

User avatar
Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard
 
Posts: 4612
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2002 8:56 pm
Location: Virginia

Unread postby Besyanteo » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:10 pm

Dan quickly shifts the grip on his lance, and swings with the flat of the blade at his foe's head! His first swing is easily dodged, but on the back-swing he nails his opponent, the blade crashing into his head with an audible thump! He goes down quickly, and begins to... snore? The Slumber Spike has lived up to it's name today.

(Human 2 takes 37 damage, and is afflicted with Sleep until something significant happens to wake him. Neb's turn!)

User avatar
NebulaQueen
Moderator
 
Posts: 2557
Joined: Fri May 31, 2002 6:38 pm

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:25 pm

Neb was only vaguely aware of the fight going on around her, and was finding it increasingly hard to focus. Luckily, she didn't travel completely unprepared. Her hand shook as she reached for her vest pocket, and pulled out a vial of viscous red liquid. After stepping further back away from the battle, she popped the cork and swallowed the potion in a few quick gulps.

User avatar
Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard
 
Posts: 4612
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2002 8:56 pm
Location: Virginia

Unread postby Besyanteo » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:28 am

Neb's wounds begin to knit closed, but they don't close completely. She's not going to bleed to death, but she's going to feel like hell for a good long while after this.

(38 HP restored; now at 65/107 HP. Annetta's turn.)

User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:01 pm

Annetta narrowed her eyes some. The pain didn't bother her, she had come across far, far worse. What did bother her was the audacity of this orc to simply keep coming.

Doing much the same as before, she'll thrust her arms out, trying to spark a decent fire between them.

(Equivolent of Fire 2, again. :o)
Hey there! Can I give you a hand?

User avatar
Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard
 
Posts: 4612
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2002 8:56 pm
Location: Virginia

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:36 pm

Annetta calls on the power of the plane of fire once more, and this time she feels herself take a much stronger hold on her chosen power. The orc suddenly bursts into flame that, while brief, wreaks horrible damage on his soft flesh. However, he's still standing, and his magically enhanced form remains stubbornly upright.

(Annetta deals 41 damage with fiar! Leothe, go!)

User avatar
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!
 
Posts: 3605
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:02 am
Location: New Zealand

Unread postby Kelne » Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:13 am

Right now, Leothe had a very keen sense of his own mortality. He could feel the walls closing in, restricting his vision. And since he was outside, that was a bad thing. Tunnel vision as a prelude to unconsciousness, probably. Like Neb though, he came prepared. A few moments' fumbling in his pocket produced a potion, though he almost dropped it.

Getting it open one-handed was slightly awkward, but he wasn't about to drop his bow right now. He might just be delaying the inevitable, he reflected as the phial reached his lips, but if somebody wanted to kill him, they were going to have to work for it.

User avatar
Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard
 
Posts: 4612
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2002 8:56 pm
Location: Virginia

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:43 pm

Leothe drinks the potion, and feels the pain begin to fade, and the world comes back to him with clarity and suddenness.

The orc pulls back, and socks Annetta once again! She reels, and this time her vision blurs. She doesn't' pass out, but the blur lingers for a long moment. She can't take another hit from this bruiser... Speaking of him, though, he shrinks, just a little. His eyes become normal, and he looks confused... And then he shrieks as the pain from the burns hit him fully, the adrenaline having gone out of him now. He actually falls to his knees... Maybe this won't be as much of a problem now.

The elven woman looks over to where Dan and Kobakk are. Suddenly, the world feels subtly wrong. She raises a hand, and the world around Dan, Kobakk and their quarry explodes with light and strange sound! Both Dan and Kobakk are thrown aside by the blast; The unknown human fellow has disappeared entirely after the spell fades. Dan and Kobakk, still very much alive afterwards, are covered in astral burns. The elven woman's hands continue to glow, and seem to smoke lightly for a moment. Then she rubs her forehead, and looks a little wobbly on her feet.

Finally, the nekojin lays a hand on the other human fellow, and with a loud crack, followed by a whimper, his arm breaks, sets, and becomes strong again.

(Leothe gains 41HP! now at 45/64. Annetta is at 8/118 HP, Dan is at 39/102 HP, Kobakk is at 19/82 HP, and human bandit 1 is now at full health again. human bandit 2 is dead.
Kobakk is up!)

User avatar
KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?
 
Posts: 2656
Joined: Tue May 07, 2002 7:21 pm
Location: Calgary

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:57 pm

For a brief blinking moment, Kobakk wished he had a vial of livegiving potion, reviving his aching body, but the moment soon passed.

Without any way to revive himself, there was only one option. Kobakk twitched his neck, activating a pressure point next to his spine, and in a moment, everything fell away...

Red, and blue. That was all that remained. Before, he could see every colour in the spectrum, but now only that which was blue and red remained. Kobakk couldn't think straight anymore. His higher brain functions had been essentially shut off, and even his memory wasn't working properly. All he could remember was Red bad, blue good. No, that wasn't right. It was more like Red evil, blue friends. And these two thoughts compelled him to act. And the only act he could think of was kill.

(Yup, Berserk, with an attack on any enemy.)

User avatar
Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard
 
Posts: 4612
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2002 8:56 pm
Location: Virginia

Unread postby Besyanteo » Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:48 am

(Kobakk is now temporarily an NPC.)

Dan might be surprised to see Kobakk, a fairly calm and civilized individual so far, suddenly hunch over and lock his elbows. He swings his arms wildly, beats the ground twice, and howls like an ape giving challenge. Then he's off running, head down and legs pistoning hard enough to turn out patches of earth. He's headed right at Annetta and the orc she's been fighting thus far. It's unclear until the last moment who he actually means to hit. There's no subtlety in the attack that follows: The huge club rises high in the air, and comes down hard on the head of the enemy orc, making it burst like an over ripe melon. Both Kobakk and Annetta are covered in the debris from the blow. Before Annetta has time to react in any significant way, he's off running again. This time he's headed for the spell casters.

However, the remaining human fighter moves to intercept Kobakk. Both his blades race across the orc's armored form, but not to much effect. It only seems to have served to draw a few shallow cuts, and attract his attention...

(Annetta's orc is dead, for his head has gone boom. Kobakk is hit twice for 7 damage after AC, taking 14 and putting him at 5/82HP.
Dan's turn!)

User avatar
FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus
 
Posts: 1865
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 7:11 pm
Location: New England

*may be mixing up D&D healing (touch) and Philsys healin

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:19 pm

Daniel winces as he gets himself back up, the burns from the astral magic still raw on his flesh. He struggles to remain in control of himself, to remain calm and think clearly. However, the sight of Kobakk shattering the orc's skull is making this tremendously difficult.

He knows he's hurt bad, and in need of healing attention. But he's not about to take care of himself if others are more seriously hurt. And after watching Kobakk's rampage, he's now very aware of Annetta's current condition. He can tell Kobakk is seriously injured as well, but he dare not risk getting close to him in this state. So instead, he hurries over to the woman, casting a spell to help heal her injuries.

"...are you Ok, ma'am?" Daniel asks her.

(Cure 2, Annetta)

User avatar
Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard
 
Posts: 4612
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2002 8:56 pm
Location: Virginia

Unread postby Besyanteo » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:12 pm

Dan lays a healing hand on Annetta, and her swollen and bruised face heals... more than Dan would have expected it to. She looks like a fairly attractive, if severe, woman now. She's still burnt, though. And covered in brains and skull pieces. Ew.

(Neb's turn!)

User avatar
NebulaQueen
Moderator
 
Posts: 2557
Joined: Fri May 31, 2002 6:38 pm

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:34 pm

There was no denying it: they were in a bad position now, and it would take a stroke of luck to get out of this alive. Neb's eyes darted between the enemies on the field and her allies, before focusing on Dan and Annetta. She couldn't make out what exactly he said, but she didn't need to know that to see Annetta's wounds clear away, almost as if they had never been there (except, of course, for the lingering burn marks). Neb smiled broadly, and felt a new surge of hope as she focused inward on her latest spell.

(Haste on Dan!)

User avatar
Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard
 
Posts: 4612
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2002 8:56 pm
Location: Virginia

Unread postby Besyanteo » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:45 pm

All of a sudden, the world seems to slow down for Dan. He feels fine, but everything else seems to be occuring very very slowly.

(Dan is hasted, and acts twice per round for the next 14 rounds. the new Initiative order is Human Bandit, Dan, Neb, Annetta, Leothe, Elven Mage , Dan, Nekojin Mage, Kobakk.
Annetta!)

User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:15 am

Annetta jumps to her feet, smiling at Dan scincerely. "I'm fine now, thanks to you."

She turned her attention towards the remaining bandits. Dashing at one of them she made to slice them with her blade...Though it seemed she was very careful to keep her blade away from it's sheith, which she held in her opposite hand.
Hey there! Can I give you a hand?

User avatar
Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard
 
Posts: 4612
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2002 8:56 pm
Location: Virginia

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:05 am

To those watching, it appears as though Annetta ran by the human fellow currently fighting with Kobakk, slashed at him and came very close to hitting him without actually succeeding. Annetta knows better, though.

(Annetta hits, effects to be relayed via IM. Leothe is up!)

User avatar
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!
 
Posts: 3605
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:02 am
Location: New Zealand

Unread postby Kelne » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:16 pm

Leothe's plan at the moment was fairly simple. Avoid being hit again, while doing his level best to take down the enemy. With that in mind, he moved to take cover behind the wagon, nocking and firing another arrow at the elf as he went.

User avatar
Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard
 
Posts: 4612
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2002 8:56 pm
Location: Virginia

Unread postby Besyanteo » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:20 pm

Leothe takes cover, takes aim, and sends an arrow flying towards the elven enchantress! It takes her in the side, and she rewards Leothe with a surprised shriek for his efforts! She looks around the field, trying to determine who shot her. However, now that Leothe is mostly out of sight, she seems unsure what to do.

(Leother scores 25 damage. Elf woman holds her action, and it's Dan's turn again.)

User avatar
FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus
 
Posts: 1865
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 7:11 pm
Location: New England

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:00 pm

Something isn't right... at least, it seems that way to Dan.

A moment ago, the battle was hectic and fierce. Now, it feels like he has a moment to take a quick breath. Somehow, everyone else is moving much slower. He briefly wonders what could be going on, but the quick breather gives him some time to assess the situation.

It looks like the woman he healed moments ago is Ok, and getting ready to pay back her attackers. The other two civilians seem to be out of immediate danger, one of them already behind cover and shooting their foes. And Kobakk...

Well... it seems like getting near him is still not a wise move.

That leaves the magic users further away from the battle, both of whom seem to be causing a lot of hurt and pain. It's likely Dan could receive a lot of hurt himself if he goes after them. However, leaving them free to pick people off is a much worse prospect.

Daniel chants a prayer to Ishtar to heal his wounds. He then starts after the two mages, as fast as he can.

(Cure 2 on himself, heading for the two mages)

User avatar
Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard
 
Posts: 4612
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2002 8:56 pm
Location: Virginia

Unread postby Besyanteo » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:51 pm

Daniel quickly heals himself, and rushes forward! He's a streak across the battlefield, headed right for the mages! Which gets their attention pretty well. The sky over Dan becomes a rain of arrows, briefly blotting out the very sun! however, from Dan's point of view, there arrows are falling very slowly... He moves left and right as needed to avoid them, and arrives at his destination unharmed.

The nekojin wastes no time in moving against Dan, swinging his massive mace in a wide arc! Dan lithely moves to one side, and now has plenty of time to contemplate his counter against a target that is now wide open.

Kobakk does not swing his Swak on this occasion. Instead, the enraged Orc tries to grab a hold of the throat of his intended victim! However, the wiry fellow is very agile, and manages to side step his grasping hands, giving him a solid kick in the rear to boot and sending Kobakk sprawling. Sword in hand, he moves to take Kobakk out of the fight, bringing his blade down in a killing arc! Luckily, Annetta is already there. What she does is... unusual. She moves directly opposite of him, causing him to hesitate very briefly. He then resumes bringing his blade down without breaking eye contact with her, just like she wanted. Annetta sheathes her sword, and without warning, three shallow cuts burst into being on the man's chest, a thin spray of blood issuing from them. It's not enough to put him down, and it's not enough to stop him, but his aim goes wide. His sword lands in Kobakk's shoulder, sparing the orc's life. What's more, he's now noticeably frightened and confused.


(Dan gains 49 HP and dodges like a mother fucker. Kobakk us KO'd, but alive! Rage wears off, for obvious reasons.
Dan's turn again!)

User avatar
FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus
 
Posts: 1865
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 7:11 pm
Location: New England

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:54 pm

In general, Daniel is very fond of cats, especially his pets back home in Doma. However, the nekojin's attempt to smash his face in is not reminding him of this kitty fondness.

So the Doman knight wastes no time in trying to smack the nekojin right back.

(Two strikes for subdual damage against the <strike>kitteh</strike> nekojin)

User avatar
Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard
 
Posts: 4612
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2002 8:56 pm
Location: Virginia

Unread postby Besyanteo » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:04 pm

Dan's first swing goes wide, but the nekojin all but steps into the next one. The flat of the slumber spike slaps him squarely across the side of the face! He staggers, his knees buckling badly, but he manages to get his balance back. He looks badly shaken now, though.

(Dan does 53 Subdual! Nice!
Neb!)

User avatar
NebulaQueen
Moderator
 
Posts: 2557
Joined: Fri May 31, 2002 6:38 pm

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:30 pm

Neb continued to grin as she saw Daniel's success, but clamped her mouth shut as she started to scold herself. Don't get cocky, you haven't won...

...yet
.

She continued to watch Daniel go up against the mages, and it seemed that the nekojin was well taken care of. All that was left was his companion; with any luck, they'd be too distracted by the paladin to reverse this little setback.

(Halt on the Elvish mage)

User avatar
Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard
 
Posts: 4612
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2002 8:56 pm
Location: Virginia

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:42 pm

Neb casts her spell... And the elven woman freezes. She's not encased in ice, literally frozen, but the effect is the same. She ceases to move, leaving Dan with only one target to worry about.

(Annetta!)

User avatar
Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:47 pm

Annetta tried to meet the bandits gaze. Although not actually saying anything, she did lay one hand on her scabbard, the other on the hilt of her sword.

Run away. Run far, far away. Forget this ever happened and find a job as a clerk.

(SUPER SECRET ACTION GO)
Hey there! Can I give you a hand?

User avatar
Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard
 
Posts: 4612
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2002 8:56 pm
Location: Virginia

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:55 pm

The man apparently needs no second bidding, as he makes a break for it. Now would be an opportune time for someone to finish him if they wanted to, but they could just as easily leave him to disappear into the hills.

(Leothe!)

User avatar
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!
 
Posts: 3605
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:02 am
Location: New Zealand

Unread postby Kelne » Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:53 pm

As quickly as that, things seemed to be under control. Between themselves and the newcomers, most of their foes were, in one way or another, out of the fight. Although the elven woman could still break free of Neb's spell at any time, for the moment, that just left the nekojin. The armoured fighter seemed to have him on the ropes, but judging from the caliber of his magic, that could change in a heartbeat.

Best to give him something else to worry about. Words of magic spilled from his lips once more, and it seemed as if a touch of frost entered the air. Off to one of the nekojin, a large wolf materialised. It uttered a low, threatening growl before launching itself in a leap aimed to tackle him to the ground.

We want them alive if possible, but don't take chances. Leothe dearly wanted to know what this was all about, and it was difficult to ask questions of corpses.

That seen to, he spared a glance for the fallen orc. He didn't seem to be bleeding out, so a healing potion should put him back on his feet given a few moments to administer it. It was the least Leothe could do.

User avatar
Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard
 
Posts: 4612
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2002 8:56 pm
Location: Virginia

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:59 pm

The wolf comes into being next to the nekojin mage, and with surprise on it's side pins him with little difficulty! In theory, Leothe can now head over at his leisure to handle Kobakk. The spell continues to hold the elven woman in place.

(Dan's turn. At this point, the only resisting opponent is pinned under a summoned wolf.)

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron

Yalogank