Just wasted around 3 hours of my life

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Just wasted around 3 hours of my life

Unread postby ChristianC » Sun Mar 21, 2004 6:50 pm

Yeah, that's right.

I was on PaintBBS with Jean, drawing a character in a upcoming Naruto RPG I'm going to participate in.

Yeah, woo, it's the coolest pic I've ever drawn! I mean, Jesus, it's the best thing I can muster, honestly.

Well, you can probably guess what happens. The browser gets a critical error, closes down and when I open again... BAM! The entire lineart is gone. Vanished. Not a trace of it left.

That's when I realized how much everything sucked, which is why I laughed. And I'm still laughing, because if there's anything like a god in the universe, I bet he's having REAAAAL funny at my expense, and it's better to be laughed with than to be laughed at, right?

Ha ha, stupid furry, thinking that 3 hours is long for a drawing. Meh, the best picture? That's not much.

Shit I hate this. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Christian Cordeus - Shamelessly stealing school supplies since 1993.</div></p>

Choark

A huh

Unread postby Choark » Mon Mar 22, 2004 12:31 pm

Won't make ya feel better matey but... It's a feeling you'll probably have to get used to. Many is the time when I've spent an afternoon on a picture, perhaps even getting as far as inked, scanned and begun CG'ing it, to either lose it somehow or just pull out the gun and shoot it dead.

Look at it this way though....

... If the main thing/catilist that makes you think life sucks is losing a picture you did on a expensive computer over the internet, a picture you had the time to spend three luxary hours on, then your life isn't as bad as it could be.

Also God is having fun laughing at people he gives real problems too... I have the feeling it is not God but Bill Gates laughing at your crashed piece of work now. In fact I know he is, with a cigar made of money, filled with grounded gold coins mixed with tabacco, tied together with the pubic hair of a sweet innocent virgin. Laughing as hard as he can as he thinks of all the people he caused misery to because now and then his browers crash, destroying small pieces of art as they go.

---

Also - If drawing and having fun for three hours is a waste... then what the hell is having a good time? Or even a non wasted time? Whats that?

So you didn't get a finsihed picture, it sucks, been there, felt that, punched the wall, but I feel going "Time Wasted" over it may be a wee bit Over The Top. You had fun doing it right? You saw, even if it was just for yourself, how good this drawing was and how well it was going. Maybe even how much you improved or what you were now capable of doing.

Thats whats important, man. Not the finsihed piece, not the thing that you get at the end, but getting there, the having fun. Its always nice to think you'll have something to see once you've finsihed it all but let go of the fact its needed.

Also - its better to be the man who can laugh with the main pointing and laughing at you, rather then the man pointing and laughing. To laugh at yourself takes courage, to laugh at others is the cowards way.. unless they get a football to the groin, then its a free house. Become the better, not the same.

*coughs*

... Eh.. Yeah...

*slaps back and offers a drink*

Honestly, sorry that happened, it sucks, really really does *shrugs* <p><div style="text-align:center">Image </div>
<div style="text-align:center">Cowgirl fanboy - Barbarian Ninja - Expert Mouse Catcher - Holder of the Iron Glasses Of Doom!</div></p>

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Re: A huh

Unread postby ChristianC » Mon Mar 22, 2004 1:32 pm

Heh, thanks. Image

I guess I was going a bit over the top, it was pretty late. ^^;

But yeah, I understand what you mean and guess what, I'm going at it again tonight. Yup, I won't let this get me down.

Thanks for the encouragement, seriously. ^^ <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Christian Cordeus - Shamelessly stealing school supplies since 1993.</div></p>

Return to Discussion Forum