A Page in Life

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

WhiteWerefox

A Page in Life

Unread postby WhiteWerefox » Wed Nov 19, 2003 1:58 am

I beg your prardon for posting such as this here, but I have my reasons. Some here see me as a grandstanding, supercilious and pompus, and I cannot fault such judgement (such things are more likely my imagination fueled by my poor self esteem). Others may be annoyed at my excessive verbosity and unnecessary vocabularity. At the very least I ask that you criticize me after you've finnished reading this post, and decide only then whether or not the situation merits such language.

My aforementioned reason that I have for posting this here goes back many years to the fact that I don't really have many friends. Certainly none that would take the time to sit and listen to me at great legnth. I've spent too much time wallowing in antisocial tendancies, no few of which are my own fault.

Four years I have spent harbouring resentment and spite. Four years it has festerd in my gut like a broiling cauldron, malice and petty viciousness brewing. My chest has felt leaden and sunken as all breath of vibrant spirit escaped me and my heart was a great and heavy weight. My countenance was black and my demeanor foul. Such was my dispair that I would feel physicaly ill from it, leaving me without appetite or energy. I would shed tears for no reason that I could concieve of save that some coiling black worm of angst inside me had squeezed them out.

I knew that such emotion can be exorcized in one way alone: to abandon it. To leave aside any spite and hate that I carried and find happiness. But I could not: to abandon my smouldering anger would be to abandon all that remained within me. To take revenge would feed that hate, not quench it. And, in time, I realized that I hated that which I had slowly became. Scarecly a human being, with no soul except that which could claw at itself as it tried to feel. I feared that I would not be content to harbor this festering rot of the soul, and would become like those that had spited me.

I had surrendered. I had lost all sight of peace or clarity in the world, and resigned myself to a neutral dispair that would overshadow my waking days for all the life I had yet to witness.

But light would upon me once more: a short while ago I met a girl. We're in love.

All the blackend stormclouds have cleared from my countenance, and all that remains is radiance. Such sweet uplifting breath has filled my chest that it may burst. My eyes are bright, my step is light, and no woes constrict me. I must put this forth, for if I cannot talk of it I feel that I will go mad.

Even now I can feel the clawing spite and malice that I held to so tightly fall aside, either forgotten or dismissed. Such weight has been cast from my mind that I can see and feel clearly once again. Still I am burdened, and will be for some time, but the layers of supression and resentment and self incrimination are being shed one at a time.

I must thank my brother, who attends this board, for he may have been all that kept me from an absolute dispair from which I could make no return.

To conclude, Image

Wolfbelly

Re: A Page in Life

Unread postby Wolfbelly » Wed Nov 19, 2003 2:16 am

In all seriousness, congrats on that. I hope things work out for the best.

In much less seriousness ...
Quote:
Others may be annoyed at my excessive verbosity and unnecessary vocabularity. At the very least I ask that you criticize me after you've finnished reading this post
HAR HAR HAR! Others are yet amused by your spelling errors and incorrect grammar!

Edited because I'm a freakin' moron

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=wolfbelly>Wolfbelly</A] at: 11/19/03 2:17 am

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Wed Nov 19, 2003 4:51 am

What Luj said.

Especially the part about him being an idiot. <p><center><table border=0><td>Image</td><td>

I don't know what the hell this thing is, and quite frankly, I don't care.

</td></table></center></p>

Wolfbelly

Unread postby Wolfbelly » Wed Nov 19, 2003 6:59 am

*weeps bitterly*

PopoSujo

Unread postby PopoSujo » Wed Nov 19, 2003 8:40 am

Fox, I know exactly what you mean. Being in love is one of the greatest experiences you will ever have in your entire life, so be careful with her. Don't let the malice, hate, and anger creep back in.

And many congratulation, by the way. <p>

When angry, count to ten; when very angry, swear.
-- Mark Twain

I am The Incompetent Boo, Prime Minister to the Ice Cream spitting Llamas, and the being whose Indian name is "One Who Dances While Not Wearing Pants."</p>

WhiteWerefox

Unread postby WhiteWerefox » Wed Nov 19, 2003 1:38 pm

Wolfbelly: Your words leave no wounds. Get thy gremlins tounge gone from my presence.

Poposujo: Indeed. <p>From the GURPS Magic sourcebook:

When creating demons, the GM should not be bound by believablility or common sense.</p>

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Wed Nov 19, 2003 9:49 pm

WhiteWereFox wins 1xStanding Ovation

Sheer poetry mate.

And good on ya, nice to know you've got someone.
<p>

I am just too damn British.
</p>

Banjooie

*channels Priam because he is an ass*

Unread postby Banjooie » Thu Nov 20, 2003 1:54 am

Quote:
I beg your pardon for posting such as this here, but I have my reasons. Some here see me as a grandstanding, supercilious and pompous, and I cannot fault such judgement (such things are more likely my imagination fueled by my poor self esteem). Others may be annoyed at my excessive verbosity and unnecessary vocabulary. At the very least I ask that you criticize me after you've finnished reading this post, and decide only then whether or not the situation merits such language.

My aforementioned reason that I have for posting this here goes back many years to the fact that I don't really have many friends. Certainly none that would take the time to sit and listen to me at great length. I've spent too much time wallowing in antisocial tendencies, no few of which are my own fault.

Four years I have spent harbouring resentment and spite. Four years it has festered in my gut like a broiling cauldron, malice and petty viciousness brewing. My chest has felt leaden and sunken as all breath of vibrant spirit escaped me and my heart was a great and heavy weight. My countenance was black and my demeanor foul. Such was my despair that I would feel physicaly ill from it, leaving me without appetite or energy. I would shed tears for no reason that I could concieve of save that some coiling black worm of angst inside me had squeezed them out.

I knew that such emotion can be exorcized in one way alone: to abandon it. To leave aside any spite and hate that I carried and find happiness. But I could not: to abandon my smouldering anger would be to abandon all that remained within me. To take revenge would feed that hate, not quench it. And, in time, I realized that I hated that which I had slowly became. Scarecly a human being, with no soul except that which could claw at itself as it tried to feel. I feared that I would not be content to harbor(Decide your damn usage) this festering rot of the soul, and would become like those that had spited me.

I had surrendered. I had lost all sight of peace or clarity in the world, and resigned myself to a neutral dispair that would overshadow my waking days for all the life I had yet to witness.

But light would upon me once more: a short while ago I met a girl. We're in love.

All the blackendstormclouds have cleared from my countenance, and all that remains is radiance. Such sweet uplifting breath has filled my chest that it may burst. My eyes are bright, my step is light, and no woes constrict me. I must put this forth, for if I cannot talk of it I feel that I will go mad.

Even now I can feel the clawing spite and malice that I held to so tightly fall aside, either forgotten or dismissed. Such weight has been cast from my mind that I can see and feel clearly once again. Still I am burdened, and will be for some time, but the layers of suppression and resentment and self incrimination are being shed one at a time.

I must thank my brother, who attends this board, for he may have been all that kept me from an absolute despair from which I could make no return.

...So, yes. While it's neat you found a girlfriend, your attempts at intellectual superiority in the first paragraph are DENIED.
<p><Chat> <Matto says, "What's up?"
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Angst."
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Drama."
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Betrayal."
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Plushies."</p>Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=banjooie>Banjooie</A]&nbsp; Image at: 11/20/03 1:56 am

Wolfbelly

Re: *channels Priam because he is an ass*

Unread postby Wolfbelly » Thu Nov 20, 2003 1:59 am

Curses and revenge spells? WTF?

Edit: I thought the advertisements at the top were a definite given. I thought they never changed.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=wolfbelly>Wolfbelly</A] at: 11/20/03 2:00 am

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Thu Nov 20, 2003 3:46 am

Jooie: ... Festering Doom upon thee! ... unless of course Fcuk stops riding me one day, and then I can be a spelling Nazi too. >.> That would be spiffy... Rawr. UNTIL THEN!

Fox: Jes. Love is a blessing. Dave and I will both atest to that. ^^ <p>

Jeridan: Holder of the "Tastes like Chicken" Award.</p>

PopoSujo

Unread postby PopoSujo » Thu Nov 20, 2003 11:21 am

Banj: You still misspelled some.

finished despair blackened <p>

-- Mark Twain

I am The Incompetent Boo, Prime Minister to the Ice Cream spitting Llamas, and the being whose Indian name is "One Who Dances While Not Wearing Pants."</p>

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Thu Nov 20, 2003 11:27 am

Yeah, I missed fixing a couple. I'm sorry. In the massive tide of typoes, I bolded and forgot to fix a couple :(

PopoSujo

Re: .

Unread postby PopoSujo » Thu Nov 20, 2003 11:35 am

Shame on you Banj! Where is the perfect, non-error maker that I never really knew or loved?! <p>

-- Mark Twain

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Thu Nov 20, 2003 1:08 pm

I'm honestly surprised Banj even cares anymore.

WhiteWerefox

Ooh... sorry.

Unread postby WhiteWerefox » Thu Nov 20, 2003 4:06 pm

Banj: I wasn't very concerned with spelling at the time. And I never claimed that I was particularily smart: I'll admit I don't know how to spell many of the words I use in regular conversation. That, and I can't say I was thinking very straight at the time.

I'm sorry if you measure intelligence by how well one can use dictionary software. The Spell Check option didn't work on my computer, last time I tried it.

You are right, however. Anything worth doing is worth doing right, and I appologize for being careless and neglectful with my words. <p>From the GURPS Magic sourcebook:

When creating demons, the GM should not be bound by believablility or common sense.</p>

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Re: Ooh... sorry.

Unread postby Endesu » Thu Nov 20, 2003 4:19 pm

>: I have no personal opinion on this as I forced myself to break every meaningful tie I had outside of family.

Good luck, though. <p>

Chao Griff: Bite me.
Amy Aya: You know, I will if I wanted to.
- Enemy ZERO</p>

Return to Discussion Forum