Power

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

bunnygirle78

Power

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Thu Aug 14, 2003 10:20 pm

Hi, I was watching the news. You know about the major power outages. I want to know if the posters from those areas are ok. I hope that they are, and that they respond to this message to let us know that they are ok and doing fine, as soon as there power comes on that is.

I realy hope everything is going ok for them.

(ps. Hope I put this in the right forum) <p>"Seek out a Kingdom worthy of your soul."

Reign the conquer.</p>

Zemyla

Re: Power

Unread postby Zemyla » Thu Aug 14, 2003 10:22 pm

As far as I remember, there are no posters from that area. Anyone care to prove me wrong? <p>-----
Do not taunt Happy Fun Zemyla.

SongstressEnlil: I think boobs are the lesser of two evils.

Adventurers! | RPG World World | The Phantom Lord's OT Board mkII | Indie Madnesse</p>

Wolfbelly

Unread postby Wolfbelly » Thu Aug 14, 2003 10:25 pm

Well, technically 'that area' includes a whole lot of cities, not just New York. We'll find out later if anyone was caught in the power outage.

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu Aug 14, 2003 10:37 pm

Clark has. <p>

<div style="text-align:center">
Image</div>
<div style="text-align:center">Two heroes, two villains and a catboy...Life doesn't get much better than this....</div></p>

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Thu Aug 14, 2003 11:06 pm

Evidently, Taiar and Adam have also been suffering from power outage issues. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div>

</p>

Sicvic

Unread postby Sicvic » Fri Aug 15, 2003 12:01 am

what caused the shortage anyway? <p>______________________________________________________
Yeah, I like to say I'm Chilean, got a problem?</p>

Lady Tempest

Unread postby Lady Tempest » Fri Aug 15, 2003 8:52 am

;_; I know 5 people the New York Area. I hope they are alright. It could be what's wrong with Sister's page.

As for the cause, I'm not sure. I don't think they relased the problem to the public. I could be wrong.

<p>---------
SuperImpression.net</p>

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Fri Aug 15, 2003 12:21 pm

I was hit. T'was a pain, but I'm all good. <p>

Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.</p>

Rainbow Fright

Unread postby Rainbow Fright » Fri Aug 15, 2003 2:54 pm

I was hit too. Considering I'm in the New York area and all, and we were without power for sixteen hours or so over by me. Luckily for me I have a Walkman and a steady supply of batteries and burned J-Rock CD's, so I was able to wait it out a lot better than my other family members. XD They were sitting on the couches whining about being bored once it got dark, while I just had my headphones on and ignored them the whole time.

Thankfully I've also got a big box of candles in my closet, including two of those ridiculously large ones with like...five wicks on it. Thus, we had fairly decent lighting, and watching my mom trying to boil a kettle of water for tea over one of those big ol' candles was amusing. Since we couldn't cook, we ended up eating the ice cream that was in the freezer before it completely melted for dinner. In bed by 10:30 and since I wasn't tired at all, I spent the next two hours staring mindlessly at the ceiling. <p><div style="text-align:center">"Hey mother look at me,
I made my connection
As I'm steppin' into heaven
Hey, don't you pity me
I'll put on perfection
As I'm steppin' into heaven"
- Zilch,"Into Heaven"</div></p>

Ganonfro

Unread postby Ganonfro » Fri Aug 15, 2003 3:02 pm

My power was out for 5 and a half hours, but other than that, nothing much happened. Just sitting around, waiting for the power to come back, taking a nap sometimes.

*Lives in one of the most desolate places in NY, so power took awhile to be restored, though he lives 20 miles from the powerplant that everyone thought caused all of this*

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Fri Aug 15, 2003 6:06 pm

I lost power. Alex, Brian (a friend of mine), and I were at the mall when it happened, so we navigated home and read manga until power was restored. It wasn't too bad.

Return to Discussion Forum