G'day

A haven of general sanity and simplicity--this is the place for all ye new posters, chatters, and RPers to post your introductions, questions, and general whatnot. Come in and break the ice!

Moderator: pd Rydia

Cadeyrn

G'day

Unread postby Cadeyrn » Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:55 pm

G'day everyone! I just found this site and thought that it might be a good site. I have one question though. I've looked over several character sheets and have noticed that most of them seem to be made for a dice-rolling sort of thing. I did, however, notice that one person had several character sheets that reflected a free-form role playing style. Can anyone tell me what this is all about?

Also, would it be possible for a character to have originated on a large island that isn't on any map?

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=cadeyrn@rpgww60462>Cadeyrn</A] at: 12/26/06 16:39

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Re: G'day

Unread postby Kelne » Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:14 pm

Well, first of all, welcome aboard, Cadeyrn. Always nice to see a new face.

Moving on to your questions, character sheets can be based on freestyle, or systems. Generally, the only time you need stats on a sheet is if you've applied for an RP which is using a particular system, though many people like to have such sheets standing by just in case. Most sheets, I think you'll find, are for Philsys, which has become the house system around here, but there are also freestyle and D&D sheets scattered about.

As far as large islands off the map go, they're practically a certainty. There's plenty of empty map space, and even in those areas which are mapped out, I expect not every island is shown.

Kai
Fighting the Iron Law of Oligarchy Since 2006

Unread postby Kai » Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:24 pm

What Kelne said.

I'd also add that most gamemastered/plotted games are run with systems. I'm discovering that this is unusual for roleplaying fora, but freestyle RP is less common here. However, Kelne is right. The only time it really matters is when you're submitting a character to a potential GM.

If you don't have numbers attached to your characters' abilities, but would still like to roleplay around here, we often have short non-plotted AIM chat games called Character-Interaction RPs (CIRPs). If you're interested in those, they're a great way to introduce yourself and your character. You don't need to know much about the setting to do it, and you're more than welcome.

I can be reached on AIM as Lithaladhwen. Our chat room is RPGWWchat, and there's nearly always somebody in there. Feel free to stop by there or contact me if you need anything.

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:04 am

Hello there!

That's probably the most useful thing you'll ever read from me.

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:41 am

He's right, you know.

Return to The Newcomers Forum