Dropped In From The Sky...

A haven of general sanity and simplicity--this is the place for all ye new posters, chatters, and RPers to post your introductions, questions, and general whatnot. Come in and break the ice!

Moderator: pd Rydia

Roose Hurro

Dropped In From The Sky...

Unread postby Roose Hurro » Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:40 am

Hi...

Just recently found this place, thanks to one of your members. Also recently dropped a few characters into the closet and an RP OOC idea/thought into the appropriate spot. Hope there aren't too many stares... of course, Visine works good for dry eyes.

Oh, almost forgot to mention... newb here, but I've been RPing for some time, exclusively in freeform. And if I ever write an RP post way longer than it should be, please let me know. Thanks.... Image

------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=roosehurro>Roose] at: 12/14/06 4:07

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Re: Dropped In From The Sky...

Unread postby Capntastic » Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:59 pm

Nice to meet you I am Capntastic and I welcome you to RPGWW here have a welcome basket.

Roose Hurro

*blinks*

Unread postby Roose Hurro » Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:59 am

*wonders how he missed seeing a reply for the last two days...*

Thanks, almost started to wonder if anyone noticed!

*pokes through basket...*

Hey... cheese, fresh-baked bread... and the fixings for tea!

*slices cheese and bread, fixes a pot of tea...*

Hope you had a chance to view my character listing and read through my RP suggestion thread and attendent RP samples. No peeps yet, but things do seem to be moving a bit slow. Hope I get a few hits soon. This place looks like a good place to RP in.... Image

Till Next Time...
Roose

Kai
Fighting the Iron Law of Oligarchy Since 2006

Re: *blinks*

Unread postby Kai » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:02 am

Posting up characters is the first good thing to do. Right now a lot of people are finishing up school semesters and otherwise have a lot on their respective plates. Also an issue is that there is less non-fantasy RP here than in many places.

For a chance to play in a different setting, I would contact Shini. He's a mod and as I understand it, totally contactable. He's got a new setting in the works, and it may be what you're looking for.

Roose Hurro

*grins*

Unread postby Roose Hurro » Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:32 am

Well, I have played Pico in a fantasy setting. Unfortunately, the forum where this occured no longer exists. I do have some (actually, most of the) material saved, so maybe I'll put up some samples later, if anyone wants to read what I have.

So, I just look up "Shini" in the Members List, and go from there? Sounds interesting... and yes, I have been thinking things may be a bit busy. That's usually the reason for slow responses. Thanks, Kai... must get to work on a post or two on UV (one, a new character intro). I'll see about contacting Shini tomorrow. Hear from you later.... Image

Kai

Re: *grins*

Unread postby Kai » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:37 pm

Guy by the name of Shinigori V2.

Also, it's probably not necessary to post a lot of samples of your RPing. It just makes for a lot of daunting reading, and your character sheets tell a good bit more than you seem to feel. I really don't think you should have a problem.

By the way, how go the computer issues?

Roose Hurro

Update...

Unread postby Roose Hurro » Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:28 am

Went to Shinigori's profile, but his inbox is disabled. Oh! And I'm finally signed up on Meebo! However, I'm not sure what a Meebo Me Widget is, or quite what to do when it asks me to make one. Any help on that? I tried the forum, but in the time I searched, I didn't find what I was looking for. Maybe I just didn't look in the right place? Thanks....

The computer issues? Well... still procrastinating, as usual. And I had a change in work schedual, so I need to either find a suplimentary, part time employ, or make the decision to get a new job. So, till that's settled, even $18 is too much to spend, right now. Until my entire database is saved off-system, I won't risk loosing all those years of work, no way, uh-uh! Image

Edit: Oops... okay, I'll hold off on any more dauntiness. Promise!

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=roosehurro>Roose] at: 12/20/06 3:30

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Re: Update...

Unread postby Idran1701 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:48 am

If you've got AIM, Roose, you can reach Shini under the SN TheWaiChibiAngel.

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:22 am

Idran has the correct way to contact me!

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:38 pm

Ignore the meebo widget. It doesn't do anything. Meebo is just a way to use AIM, so if you get yourself a free screenname (which you can do if necessary using the "sign up" button under the AIM login), you can contact people with greater ease.

I'm Lithaladhwen on AIM. I'm nearly always online.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kai@rpgww60462>Kai</A]&nbsp; Image at: 12/20/06 15:39

Roose Hurro

AIM high...

Unread postby Roose Hurro » Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:16 am

Kai, does this mean I need AIM in order to use Meebo? If AIM requires a download to my system, remember, I can't open anything I download on my system. If not, I'll see about that free screenname... thanks.

Hopefully, things work out.

Kai

Re: AIM high...

Unread postby Kai » Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:02 am

No, Roose. You just need to have a screenname. Meebo is the way you can be on IM without downloading anything. It just sits in your browser and lets you use messaging clients. All you need to do is tell it who you are on AIM.

Roose Hurro

"AIM"ing for Meebo...

Unread postby Roose Hurro » Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:54 am

Okay... I have my AIM screenname, and I have Meebo, and I've sent you an invite. Never ever used any of this stuff before, so I have no idea how this will work. My eyes are still locked in the box... Image

Kai

Re: "AIM"ing for Meebo...

Unread postby Kai » Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:41 pm

I got an invite from you, and you're on my buddy list. I'll see you when you log on, provided it's not any later than you're usually online.

Roose Hurro

Buggered...

Unread postby Roose Hurro » Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:29 pm

Blast... Meebo tells me it can't connect, and when I go to my AIM account directly, it tells me I "cannot access page" when I click on the IM icon in your profile. I apparently screwed up somewhere, probably by signing up for AIM without using Meebo as a link-through. Unfortunately, when I tried to do it the right way, AOL said my SN was already taken (duh). Thing is, I can't find how to cancel AIM and redo it through Meebo (I like the Meebo page better than the AIM page). Hmmmph.... Image

Seems either Fate or the Fickle Finger is against us! Or I need more sleep before I try signing up for things......... Image

Kai

Re: Buggered...

Unread postby Kai » Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:58 pm

Send me your screenname and password. I'll, uh...do something.

Roose Hurro

Done...

Unread postby Roose Hurro » Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:15 pm

Message sent... Image (Thanks!)

Return to The Newcomers Forum