U.S.A. folk-- 2006 congressional elections

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

pd Rydia

U.S.A. folk-- 2006 congressional elections

Unread postby pd Rydia » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:06 pm

Next Tuesday, November 7, brings our 2006 congressional elections, wherein those of us of voting age get our chance to suffer our sufferage. Y'all may know how it goes--we get to cast votes for federal, state, and local representatives, and oft-times, get our say on propositions regarding same-sex marriage ammendments, abortion laws and such.

If you also live in Georgia--and I don't think anyone else does--you can find useful information and your polling place at www.sos.state.ga.us/elections/ and www.sos.state.ga.us/cgi-bin/locator.asp. If you don't, you can try googling "polling places [state]" or "congressional elections [state]," or checking your yellow pages for the right local place to call. I found this thing, which is just a directory, as well as this, which at least is not up-to-date for Georgia. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">dictionary.com | encyclopædia dramatica
"he is the godamn batman! thats why! if he can breath in space you damn bet he can wear a panty on his head!" glu-glu</div></p>

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Re: U.S.A. folk-- 2006 congressional elections

Unread postby Idran1701 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:57 pm

Already voted, myself. Yay for Oregon and it's mail-ballot-only program. :D <p>

"Never let your morals get in the way of doing what is right" - Salvor Hardin
</p>

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:58 pm

Apparently, colleges don't let you off on election day even if you have classes all day long. Yay for absentee voting. :D

Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Unread postby Spleen » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:49 pm

Quote:
those of us of voting age

That is, as of this moment, everyone but me, and I will be next April. Isn't it kind of strange to think how old we're getting, as a community? <p>-_-___-___-___-_-

"There are four types of men: one who says what's mine is mine and what's yours is yours - he is a neutral person. One who says what's mine is yours and what's yours is mine is a fool. One who says what's mine is yours and what's yours is yours is righteous. One who says what's yours is mine and what's mine is mine is evil."
-Talmud, Avot 5:13

Arch mage144: Spleen doesn't bother with penis size contests; instead, he goes straight to penis number.</p>

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:30 am

I'll be happy to vote, just as soon as somebody smuggles me across the border and obtains some false papers for me. Failing that, I suppose I can convince somebody who does not share my views to stay home, thus casting a sort of anti-vote. <p>Centuries of threats of "I'll turn you all to stone!" and "I'll knock you all down!" have caused Domans to develop an instinct to form small groups. For safety, I assure you. – Keir</p>

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:51 am

Wow. I heard the NZ government was somewhat scandal- and corruption-ridden at the moment, but it's not _that_ bad, is it? :O <p>

"Never let your morals get in the way of doing what is right" - Salvor Hardin
</p>

Return to Discussion Forum