Forum Update

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

pd Rydia

Re: The Gus Speaks

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:27 pm

Kai: Adam was adminned when I temporarily stepped down from adminship for a span of time, a while back. At the time, he was very active, and I was unable to handle the attendant criticisms that came with the position. I asked him to stand in for me; when I came back, he was still active, so I didn't ask him to stand down.

Dave: Of course, we DID work out the differences after the Malachias war argument--at least, to my knowledge, those of us who wanted to did (not a snide comment toward you or anyone else, so no one is to take it that way). Arguments -do- happen between best buds, even bad arguments. :0

Kai/Idran: Ceremonial adminship I can see as a potential problem. "Why is this person an admin, and not me?"...which is just annoying, sure, but annoying is...annoying. More importantly, I feel adminship is there to be used--even if infrequently--though I kind of prefer more active admins (and mods). I've also heard the argument "Why do we need a new admin(/mod)? We already have _____"...not noting that many of the admins we have are often inactive, mostly inactive, or absent.

I do see an advantage, also, to limiting the number of admins; there's less of a 'bystander effect,' so to speak--less of a temptation to tell them to go bother another admin. And, active admins get things done.

Idran: No one will be entirely objective, but some people's opinions on how to run the board clearly fit into the niche; and other people know how to recognize their niche opinions and not act upon them as an admin. Some people will be responsible and announce relevant decisions (bannings), and some might not. And even given all this, appointing one small set of posters as admins is agreeing, beforehand, whose egos will win the battle in "THIS SHOULD HAPPEN!"-"NO U!", instead of having to settle it each and every time it comes up.

Kai: "Gus and I are talking about reinstating a Newcomers' Forum on RPGWW. Thoughts?"

Hm. I'd like to mod. I'm not doing much as admin these days--I hate requests to postrank changes, I don't want to mess with board colors or images, and I don't have access to the website, anyway. I'd like to do some postwars, but enough people aren't online at the right times.

I like the idea of Kai and Idran as admins, myself; they're both active and sensible, as aforementioned. Idran's especially level in his interactions, and Kai's enthusiasm for RPGWW is inspiring. I trust them to be able to deal with what I've had to as an admin. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">dictionary.com | encyclopædia dramatica</div></p>

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:40 pm

I agree with everything Dia says, and am unable to further articulate upon her position.

But yeah, there've been some pretty strenuous disagreements between people in the past, and I find it difficult to believe that both sides having admin powers would have improved matters. If everyone has admin powers, noone will feel the need to be sparing in their use, which is one of the most vital traits of a good admin.

At present, if somebody's gotten an official warning from an admin, they know they're skating on thin ice, and should modify their behaviour. If everybody's an admin, they'll be able to shrug it off as 'oh, that's just Shini/Neb/Spleen/Whoever. It doesn't really mean anything.'

In conclusion, I support Kai and Idran as admins, since these two are level-headed, and have a considerable amount of public support. I oppose handing out admin powers to anyone and everyone. <p>Centuries of threats of "I'll turn you all to stone!" and "I'll knock you all down!" have caused Domans to develop an instinct to form small groups. For safety, I assure you. – Keir</p>

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:21 pm

Dia: I know, in hindsight I probably should have stopped myself from pressing the "Post" button. =/

I guess the fact things got so bad during that period still bothers me, somewhat. Logically, I know things like that will always happen from time to time, but that one in paticular still hurts I guess. Probably the biggest reason being, it's when Kotoki stopped hanging around, and she was one of my favorite peeps to chitchat and RP with.

But, yeah, sorry for the angst-fest there everyone.

And Dia pretty much summed up my fears if everyone was made admin.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=fffanatic80>FF]&nbsp; Image at: 6/12/06 20:22

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:36 pm

Dave: Nah, if that's how you felt when you posted, then it's worth posting. Just because I disagree, or maybe you feel differently at another time, doesn't mean it's not worth posting. :P

I understand how you'd still find that part of RPGWW histoy bothersome, even though what's been done, is done. I regretted how badly I upset people, specifically Kate, during that time; afterwards she brought up that part of board history often in posts, and I sometimes feel like I'm partly to blame that she doesn't visit so often anymore.

We allow you to angst. No, rly. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">dictionary.com | encyclopædia dramatica</div></p>

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:38 pm

Quote:
As for admin powers--there's some bad stuff, there. Firstly, the ezOp would have to be someone of absolute trust, and always around; the ezOp is the only poster who can't be banned. Right now, Gus is the ezOp, and it kinda makes me nervous.

Ouch... <p>

"Moreover, when on the following night, much to his dismay, [Caesar] had a dream of raping his own mother, the soothsayers greatly encouraged him by their interpretations of it: namely, that he was destined to conquer the earth" - Suetonius, The Twelve Caesars - Julius Caesar, chapter 7</p>

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:54 pm

I think it's the "always around" part, Gus, not the trust part, that Dia's refering to. <p>

"Never let your morals get in the way of doing what is right" - Salvor Hardin
</p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:06 pm

Yes, that is it exactly. If, hypothetically, team Doc-Luj had decided to go through with plan Hack Dia's Account and De-admin Everyone to Admin LMB, Gus's account would be the one they couldn't touch. Which is good at this point, but there are times in the past during which he has been completely gone from the boards. Sadness.

I realised how badly my original post read after posting it, but figured it'd be better to clear it up afterwards than to edit the post. <p>

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:54 pm

You all have my aim, I'm always there when needed. Like Batman.
<p>

"Moreover, when on the following night, much to his dismay, [Caesar] had a dream of raping his own mother, the soothsayers greatly encouraged him by their interpretations of it: namely, that he was destined to conquer the earth" - Suetonius, The Twelve Caesars - Julius Caesar, chapter 7</p>

Choark

Unread postby Choark » Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:55 pm

You breath in space!? <p><div style="text-align:center"> </div>
<div style="text-align:center"> Image </div>
<div style="text-align:center"> </div></p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:25 pm

Goddamn, Scott, your new post-theme rules. <p>

Choark

Unread postby Choark » Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:05 pm

Image <p><div style="text-align:center"> </div>

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Re: Forum Update

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:56 pm

Image<span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:19 am

OMFE was grand. Wish he'd update it again. :( <p><div style="text-align:center">
</div></p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:53 am

So--HAY--I have some questions.

-=- ONE: is anyone going to flip out if I go ahead and admin Kai/Idran?

-=- ONE punto A: other thoughts/suggestions on current mods/admins?<ul>As a note on the above, I felt it wise and demodded Chrono_Catfish; he was an all board mod, which was a status I gave him after his subfora were made superfluous and deleted. I have no idea where the heck he is or if he ever plans to resurface, but if he does, we could see if he's still interested in doing anything with the community in such a status.</ul>-=- TWO: what are the thoughts about putting the Newcomer Forum at the very top of RPGWW, in its own section above RPs? Where it currently is, it's kind of hidden in the middle of the subfora.

-=- TWO punto A: we might put an archive at the bottom of each subfora division--that is:<ul>-Welcome!-
The Newcomers Forum
-RP-
Gaera Main RPs
Other RPs
Character Closet
OOC RP Discussion
Archives: RP
-Misc-
Kotoki's Bar and Inn
Discussion Forum
Testing
Archives: Spam
Archives: RPGWWcon Archive
-Creations-
Fanart and Miscellaneous
Fanfiction and other Writings
The Unspoken Forum
Archives: Creations</ul> <p>

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:00 pm

I like both of the forum moving ideas, myself. Honestly, I always forget the archives exist when they're at the very bottom of the forum list. And having the newcomer's forum at the top should help out if and when we start getting a more consistant flow of new members. <p>

</p>

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:07 pm

I know no one's going to complain about Idran. You won't hear me complaining about Ashley. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:55 pm

Personally, and for little reason at all, I'd rather the newcomer forum stay where it is, and we just have a huge link to it at the header of the main forum page. I am a beast of habit, and have the forum order memorized to the point of not having to look where I'm clicking. That, and scrolling down wastes precious seconds.

As for the archives bit: I'd have to see how it looks before I can say what I'd think, but I don't think I'd mind so much.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:08 pm

But newcomers would save those precious seconds were the newcomer forum to be located topwards! <p>

</p>

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:11 pm

I'd say we move the newcomer forum to the top. Easier for the new people to see instead of sifting through the other forums to find it.

Just learn to cope with the move, I say. :P

As for the archives: Pesonally, I like them at the bottom where they are now. <p><div style="text-align:center">
</div></p>

NamagomiMk0

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:33 pm

I'm all for moving it to the top. It's just plain easier to notice, to be honest. The archives...not sure, myself. I guess either way on those--I can see how that reorganization is nice, but at the same time, the location for either can work. <p>"DO YOU THINK YOU CAN DEFEAT US? OUR TREASURE MAY BE HEAVY, BUT WE ARE LIGHT AS WIND. ONLY MAGICS MAY HURT US, BUT ONLY WE KNOW WHICH ONES." --Omoikane, Digital Devil Saga 2</p>

Nakibe
Lady Malix wills your demise!

Unread postby Nakibe » Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:33 pm

Newcomer forum is best at the top. Prevents newbies from just clicking on the first forum they see (Currently the RP Boards) on impulse. You kinda have to do a bit more reading to get there. >:P

And yeah, Archives at the bottom is best. We COULD link to them within the Newcomer forum, I might point out. Reading material for those who care enough to bother to read. >:P <p><span style="font-size:small;">

Currently idolizing - Roger Bacon, Shadow Hearts
Dislikes : Stupid people, Church officials, People that prey on the weak
Method of Destroying the World : Feh. God can do it for me. >:{
Becomes Super Powerful When : ... well F***. When ISN'T he?</span>

"Lunatic? The sages of EVERY age were called that! Let HISTORY decide whether my actions were good or bad. For now, we must forge ahead!"</p>

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:07 pm

What's more, the Newcomer forum should have a description like most of our other subforums do. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:14 pm

Priam: Demanding, aren't you? :0

So as far as the Newcomer forum move goes, that's a whole whopping six people for, and one person against. As far as the attention+responses these sorts of threads get, that seems fairly indicative; plus, I'm impatient. I'm going to go ahead and give it a go, and I imagine that'll garner any negative or positive response left as-of-yet unposted from those who haven't yet, would not, or will not post in this thread. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">dictionary.com | encyclopædia dramatica</div></p>Edited by: pd Rydia&nbsp; Image at: 6/14/06 16:34

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:26 pm

<s>YES.</s> <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:51 pm

... I'm willing to be a mod. I'm here enough. But hey, put me at the bottom of the list, as there's far more qualified folks about to do such a job.

Choark

Unread postby Choark » Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:57 pm

Sort of on that subject...

... Hasn't Pervy officially left RPGWW? Officially and all? So shouldn't his mod status on the fan fiction area be taken down? And as Kai is already, like, a Mod now and she's all grammatical and stuff, and seems to actually use the place, maybe she could take over?

Or someone else can... <p><div style="text-align:center"> </div>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:53 pm

Yeah, I just talked to Pervy about it--and other chitchatty stuff for shits and giggles--and that's the case (hey, I didn't know). I let him know I agree with Cho, as far as demodding goes. He is cool with it, also.

Kai seems fairly up for the running as far as adminning goes, so it may not be best to mod her for the forum. I'm interested, personally; Pervy also suggests Idran (given that he has not read this thread, presume that the case would be should adminship of Idran not work out). <p>

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:07 pm

Neb and BW strike me as people who might be considered for Mod of Fanfiction, as well. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Ganonfro

Unread postby Ganonfro » Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:21 am

*A slip of paper falls out of no where saying

"HEY, CAN I BE A MOD TOO? I'M OLD ENOUGH! I'LL WALK THE FORUM EVERYDAY! IF YOU DON'T... I'LL HATE YOU FOREVER.

-GANON"

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:20 am

C'mon, man. No requests. Respek tha roolz, or something. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

Ganonfro

Unread postby Ganonfro » Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:57 am

...It can happen! *Looks in Zero's direction, half glaring*

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:06 pm

Power angst/jealousy--even jokingly--is not generally a desirable quality in an admin or mod.

I'll say this here and now. If someone has a personal problem with Capntastic--or anyone else--being an admin or a mod, you are welcome to talk to me about it over IM. I'm willing to discuss that sort of thing.

Though keep in mind, by no means does that indicate I'm going to demod or deadmin someone because they ruffle your feathers, and especially not because you feel you should have been ad-mod-erated first. <p>

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:29 pm

I support Idran and Kai being admins. They are remarkably responsible people.

And we need more mods for Fanfiction, Unspoken, and Testing. For Unspoken I submit Priam, for Fanfiction I support the nominations of BW and Neb, and for Testing I submit... I dunno. I can't think of anyone who is in there often enough, and Banj is kind of MIA. <p>-----
Do not taunt Happy Fun Zemyla.

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">I think boobs are the lesser of two evils. - Inverse (Pervy)
Dammit, Dan, I'm not dating a damn NPC! - OOC Will (Will Baseton)
Of course! Anything worth doing is worth doing completely wrong! - Travis English
Ultimately, wizards and clerics don't say, "Gee, I want to become a lich because weapons hurt less and I don't have to worry about being backstabbed; that whole 'eternal life' thing is just a fringe benefit."-Darklion
But this one time I killed a walrus with my bare hands, and I suddenly understood spherical coordinates. - KnightsofSquare
Also, when you've worked a 36-hour shift as an intern you too just might pour yourself a catful of coffee and sit down to cuddle with your travel mug. -eirehound
</span>

Adventurers! | RPG World World | The Phantom Lord's OT Board mkII | Indie Madnesse | Brotherhood of Elitist Bastards</p>

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:40 pm

Testing doesn't really need a mod...as it is a forum for people to make mistakes! Only table-code-breaking posts need to be modded there, and that happens once in a blue moon.
<p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:58 pm

<font color=green>Justice Augustus (5:04:31 PM): fair enough
Justice Augustus (5:04:50 PM): anyway, the reason I am messaging you was to discuss the addition of new moderators
</font><font color=teal>pd Rydia (5:05:06 PM): arr. o.o
</font><font color=green>Justice Augustus (5:05:41 PM): I'm of the belief that each forum should have at least 2 moderators
</font><font color=teal>pd Rydia (5:07:15 PM): ::nods:: Fair enough. Though I'm not sure we need four mods in the RP forums, to be honest
</font><font color=green>Justice Augustus (5:07:37 PM): We don't at all. But I would have no idea who to demote or move.
Justice Augustus (5:07:51 PM): All 4 are still posting.
</font><font color=teal>pd Rydia (5:08:21 PM): I like the idea of Idran-Kai to admin, and there's been some support. That'd be Jak/Shini/Kate as RP mods.
</font><font color=green>Justice Augustus (5:09:00 PM): That would work. I thought if nothing else Kai's moderator staus could be extended to the Fanart/fiction forums.
Justice Augustus (5:09:11 PM): *status
</font><font color=teal>pd Rydia (5:09:46 PM): I think it might be a good idea to go around and ask current mods and admins about their thoughts on their status. That is, if they still even want it or not
pd Rydia (5:10:04 PM): I recall Mike mentioning that he's not quite so interested in his mod status the other day, I believe
</font><font color=green>Justice Augustus (5:10:49 PM): Well first of all we can simply remove those who no longer post. So that would mean Pervy...and are FD and Banj still around?
</font><font color=teal>pd Rydia (5:11:03 PM): FD is around sporadically
pd Rydia (5:11:05 PM): Banj is
pd Rydia (5:11:15 PM): we can remove Mike and Pervy
pd Rydia (5:11:19 PM): just talked to Mike
</font><font color=green>Justice Augustus (5:11:58 PM): Done and Done
</font><font color=teal>pd Rydia (5:12:18 PM): who are our remaining mods, by name?
</font><font color=green>Justice Augustus (5:12:39 PM): Kai, Idran, Jak, Shini, Kate, BW, Priam, FD, Banj, Jinx
</font><font color=teal>pd Rydia (5:12:56 PM): who's on AIM?
</font><font color=green>Justice Augustus (5:13:14 PM): FD BW Idran I think
</font><font color=teal>pd Rydia (5:13:22 PM): ::nods
</font><font color=green>Justice Augustus (5:13:25 PM): wait, FD isn't
</font><font color=teal>pd Rydia (5:13:26 PM): FD's online?
pd Rydia (5:13:27 PM): okay
pd Rydia (5:13:31 PM): I've got Lex and Jak
pd Rydia (5:13:33 PM): I'mma IM them
</font><font color=green>Justice Augustus (5:13:37 PM): Jak's away
Justice Augustus (5:14:10 PM): and so is Lex I think
</font><font black>pd Rydia (5:21:55 PM):
pd Rydia (5:12:32 PM): YOU
Auto response from Jak Snide (5:12:34 PM): Playing a game right now.
Jak Snide (5:12:47 PM): ME?
pd Rydia (5:13:01 PM): Yes, YOU
pd Rydia (5:13:49 PM): gotta question
Jak Snide (5:13:51 PM): Shoot!
pd Rydia (5:14:04 PM): okay, so you know the thread in Discussion, Forum Update?
pd Rydia (5:14:08 PM): posted by Priam?
Jak Snide (5:14:25 PM): Seen it!
Jak Snide (5:14:29 PM): Not read it much, though
pd Rydia (5:15:17 PM): ::nods:: basically about updating the admoderatings of RPGWW. Right now, I've got Gus in another window, and we're talking about mods, and who's active, who's interested, and who's not.
pd Rydia (5:15:44 PM): SO. Here's it blatantly:
Are you still active and interested in your RP moderatatively duties of RPGWW?
Jak Snide (5:16:57 PM): Nah, it's cool to axe me. Don't check other people's RPs enough
Jak Snide (5:17:13 PM): Would still mod if someone informed me, but others can be told of happenings
pd Rydia (5:17:53 PM): You sure? What about your activity in OOC or Char Closet?
Jak Snide (5:18:51 PM): Might read them sometimes, but not enough to mod. Lack of time being spent on the board. I'd only read stuff I'm interested in personally, rather than every thread
pd Rydia (5:19:00 PM): ::nods::
Jak Snide (5:19:03 PM): There's better choices for moding that forum
pd Rydia (5:19:08 PM): gotcha
pd Rydia (5:19:22 PM): any personal recommendations?
Jak Snide (5:19:26 PM): Hmm
Jak Snide (5:19:57 PM): Nobody tempermental/prone playing favourites. Priam would make a good mod. Idran would make an excellent one
pd Rydia (5:20:36 PM): Gotcha.
pd Rydia (5:20:49 PM): I've been thinking about Priam as a mod, too.
pd Rydia (5:21:09 PM): Idran already is an RP mod. :P
</font><font color=green>Justice Augustus (5:22:36 PM): So de-mod Jak?
</font><font color=teal>pd Rydia (5:24:28 PM): it's "alright to axe him." Now, it depends on mod philosophy--the more mods the better, or do we want mods who are interested in their subfora and going to be paying attention to them? I lean toward the latter, although I wouldn't mind a few of the former as a few board-wide mods.
</font><font color=green>Justice Augustus (5:26:02 PM): I just want mods who are trustworthy people and regular posters. I would like 2-3 mods per forum, and this can include admins (such as Kai and Idran) who agree to act as the mods for a forum.
</font><font color=teal>pd Rydia (5:29:06 PM): Regular posters to the board, or regular posters to the subfora?
</font><font color=green>Justice Augustus (5:29:32 PM): Well, I'm not going to ask someone to mod the fanfic forum if they don't like fanfiction.
</font><font color=teal>pd Rydia (5:29:38 PM): I think it's kinda important, personally, to be paying attention to threads others are posting, myself. We may want to see what others think of this.
pd Rydia (5:29:43 PM): ::nods::
pd Rydia (5:29:53 PM): Lex is still very interested in her subforum
pd Rydia (5:29:58 PM): ::bounce!::
</font><font color=green>Justice Augustus (5:30:54 PM): I think BW would be a good mod to give another subforum to. Perhaps the Unspoken (he posts regularly there)
</font><font color=teal>pd Rydia (5:31:35 PM): ::nods::
</font><font color=green>Justice Augustus (5:39:17 PM): Other thoughts I had were KoD as Fanfiction mod, BW/Priam as Discussion Forum mod, and for you to continue to help Lex with the Fanart forum
</font><font color=teal>pd Rydia (5:41:41 PM): BW is still interested as well
</font><font color=green>Justice Augustus (5:41:52 PM): in what?
Justice Augustus (5:45:59 PM): Also...it might seem silly at first...but Choark's love of art could make him a great mod of the Fanart forum
</font><font color=teal>pd Rydia (5:46:39 PM): how is that silly?
</font><font color=green>Justice Augustus (5:47:01 PM): Dunno...giving Choark power might be like giving a monkey keys to the banana store
Justice Augustus (5:47:05 PM): :P
</font><font color=teal>pd Rydia (5:47:11 PM): he'd probably be awesome. Especially if he gets increasingly more reliable about getting online
pd Rydia (5:47:16 PM): ::chuckles::
pd Rydia (5:50:44 PM): Shini is still interested
</font><font color=green>Justice Augustus (5:50:47 PM): http://choark.livejournal.com/264603.html
Justice Augustus (5:50:51 PM): check that</font>

<font color=teal>pd Rydia (5:30:27 PM): HAY
</font><font color=navy>BrainWalkr (5:30:32 PM): YAH
</font><font color=black>pd Rydia (5:31:09 PM):
pd Rydia (5:22:15 PM): so I's gots the question!
LovelyJester (5:22:39 PM): Knock yourself out.
pd Rydia (5:27:12 PM): Have you seen the Forum Update thread in the Discussion forum, by Priam? It's basically about updating the admoderativeings of RPGWW.
pd Rydia (5:27:13 PM): Gus has IMed me about this, and figured that it would do well to take a tally on current mods' interest in their subfora. (i.e. Mike isn't really interested in maintaining the level of activity needed in the Discussion forum anymore; etc.).
pd Rydia (5:27:47 PM): ::pulls out clipboard and nerd glasses:: So this is my survey to you about your thoughts on the Fanart forum and You.
LovelyJester (5:28:41 PM): I still want it!
LovelyJester (5:28:49 PM): And indeed, I will be doing things with it.
pd Rydia (5:29:00 PM): Awesome!
</font><font color=teal>pd Rydia (5:31:27 PM): ::changes, applies question to you::
</font><font color=navy>BrainWalkr (5:38:03 PM): Ahh. Well, 1) Although I manage to be fairly well-known, I am actually not all that active in RPGWW, sometimes disappearing for a week or more for no better reason than it just didn't occur to me to check. 2) Still, Kotoki's is the place I visit most by far, so if I were to be the mod of any forum, that is really the only option.
3) RPGWW generally doesn't actually need much moddery, which I suspect is the way we like it. I don't have to excercise my authority too often, and half the time whenever there is a situation that warrants it, someone else beats me to it. Still, every now and then I do a little pruning here and there, and I do enjoy having the opportunity to bust out the "red pen" for grammatical correction.

So, in summation, it's nice to be able to do something about a problem instead of just complianing about it, and it's nice to know that the community respects me enough to allow me a tiny bit of authority, but at the same time I'm not really sure that it is really necessary for me to be a mod. Nor can I say that my feelings would be hurt if that were to stop being the case.
</font><font color=teal>pd Rydia (5:40:38 PM): In short, yes, in your usual modesty :P
pd Rydia (5:40:53 PM): I do, for the record, appreciate your edits
pd Rydia (5:41:23 PM): as you might be able to tell from the number of screencaps in power use and abuse in yalogank
</font><font color=navy>BrainWalkr (5:41:52 PM): Heheh
BrainWalkr (5:41:55 PM): Indeed : )</font>

<font color=purple>TheWaiChibiAngel (5:43:52 PM): *okay anyway.*
</font><font color=teal>pd Rydia (5:44:33 PM): HI
</font><font color=purple>TheWaiChibiAngel (5:44:40 PM): *HELLO*
</font><font color=teal>pd Rydia (5:44:41 PM): I have questions for you!
</font><font color=purple>TheWaiChibiAngel (5:44:45 PM): *DO YOU?*
</font><font color=teal>pd Rydia (5:44:47 PM): YES
pd Rydia (5:45:05 PM): firstly, I no longer need to ask you your City of H/V server for I am LEET UBER STALKER
</font><font color=purple>TheWaiChibiAngel (5:45:19 PM): *OH NOES*
</font><font color=teal>pd Rydia (5:45:22 PM): secondly, WHEN ARE YOU VISITING?
</font><font color=purple>TheWaiChibiAngel (5:45:30 PM): *THAT'S WHAT I WAS GONNA ASK YOU, HONKEY.*
</font><font color=teal>pd Rydia (5:45:34 PM): thirdly, when were you made a mod? I forget that totally
pd Rydia (5:45:37 PM): OH OKAY, COOL
pd Rydia (5:45:47 PM): fourthly, are you still interested in being mod!
</font><font color=purple>TheWaiChibiAngel (5:46:49 PM): *I was made a mod during Sugoicon, and I am still interested in doing such, as I actually find there are things to do with said modship, doubly so because of my RP being so freakin' long.*
</font><font color=teal>pd Rydia (5:47:30 PM): okay, cool
pd Rydia (5:47:36 PM): NOW
pd Rydia (5:47:39 PM): LET US PLOT</font> <p>

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:18 pm

Cho would be a grand choice for Art Forum mod, totally. <p><div style="text-align:center">
</div></p>

Choark

Unread postby Choark » Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:24 pm

Quote:
<span style="color:green;">Justice Augustus (5:45:59 PM): Also...it might seem silly at first...but Choark's love of art could make him a great mod of the Fanart forum</span>
<span style="color:fuchsia;">pd Rydia (5:46:39 PM): how is that silly?</span>
<span style="color:green;">Justice Augustus (5:47:01 PM): Dunno...giving Choark power might be like giving a monkey keys to the banana store
Justice Augustus (5:47:05 PM): :P</span>

I'm going to post right now this sentence nearly got me fired when I suddenly laughed my ass off very loudly in the middle of work. Thankfully most of the people in power were drunk over the football match so I'm good.

Seriously though... I laughed.

I can say I am at least going to be around unless I'm suddenly fired and ran out of Liverpool and I do hang around these here forums everyday. So I'll at least be here. As for me with Mod like powers... Hmmm. Well I'll at least swear not to go around deleting random posts for kicks... Though I make no promises that at somepoint in the future I won't somehow erect a statue in my image somewhere and demand tribute! I don't think there's ever really been a need for modding in the fanart section but who knows eh!? Tis up to you guys. I won't say no to it... But then its not like I'll ever correct peoples grammer or anything. <p><div style="text-align:center"> </div>

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:42 pm

Art has grammar?

But seriously, there's a lot of old mods stepping aside and we need some new mods and back-up mods, just in case people take holidays, etc. I thought of you because when I think of RPGWW + Art I think of Cho and DM. (I realise there are a lot more artists here than that but I've been away for a while and never too big on fan art) DM is already an admin and you seemed like a logical choice to me.
<p>

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:59 pm

I'd like to support Priam for Unspoken and Neb for Fanfiction, myself. I think they're both good choices both for modship in general and for those specific subforums. <p>

</p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:09 pm

pd Rydia (6:07:35 PM): So it has occurred to Gus and me to take a tally of current interest in moderatingly duties. Given your participating in the thread at hand (Forum Update), I assume you still are active and interested in your RP moderatings?
Idran1701 (6:07:43 PM): Yep.
pd Rydia (6:07:46 PM): and Newbie, for that matter
Idran1701 (6:07:59 PM): No I am already bored of that one >:
(sarcasm)
pd Rydia (6:08:23 PM): :P
pd Rydia (6:08:26 PM): gotcher

<font color=teal>pd Rydia (6:24:59 PM): hay!
</font><font color=olive>Auto response from EternalDragonAya (6:25:01 PM): I am away from my computer right now.
EternalDragonAya (6:25:14 PM): Wut?
</font><font color=teal>pd Rydia (6:25:14 PM): D: whatever could there be away from a computer!
pd Rydia (6:25:20 PM): tuw!
pd Rydia (6:25:27 PM): I's gots the question!
pd Rydia (6:26:07 PM): so there's a discussion going on, in the Discussion forum, of all places
</font><font color=olive>EternalDragonAya (6:27:11 PM): Holy shit
</font><font color=teal>pd Rydia (6:27:18 PM): yeah, I know
pd Rydia (6:28:45 PM): So it's about admodereratins. And Gus IMed me, and we figured it might be an idea to ask our current mods and stuff about their thoughts on their mod jobs. Their level of interest and activity, and stuff. Some people, like Lex and Idran, are still really interested, while others, like Mike, aren't really, and still others, like C_C, haven't been seen in internet ages.
pd Rydia (6:28:53 PM): So now I'm here, harrassing you.
</font><font color=olive>EternalDragonAya (6:29:27 PM): Hmm.
EternalDragonAya (6:30:00 PM): Well, seeing as that I don't pay that much attention to RP stuff anymore, I don't think I should mod the RP-variety forums. The Discussion forum, on the other hand, I would still be interested in looking over.
</font><font color=teal>pd Rydia (6:30:38 PM): ::nods:: Gotcha.
pd Rydia (6:31:21 PM): Any interest in other forums, suggestions for a Discussion co-mod, or RP mods?
</font><font color=olive>EternalDragonAya (6:32:25 PM): I'd say Kai for an RP mod, but she's going to be an admin. Hmm..as for a co-mod, I'm not sure. Priam maybe.
EternalDragonAya (6:32:47 PM): Or BW even.
</font><font color=teal>pd Rydia (6:33:13 PM): ::nods::
pd Rydia (6:34:18 PM): if Banj were more active on RPGWW, what would you think about co-modding Discussion with him?
</font><font color=olive>EternalDragonAya (6:35:02 PM): Hm. I'd think that was feasable.
</font><font color=teal>pd Rydia (6:37:06 PM): I think, personally, he could make a good mod--particularly given the Docs and such we get from time to time, and the example of his modship at another forum--but given his current level of activity, I'm not sure it'd be worth modding him to have him idle his modship away.
pd Rydia (6:37:26 PM): And, you know. Modding him might cause half of RPGWW to mutiny. ;;>.>
</font><font color=olive>EternalDragonAya (6:38:52 PM): Then you probably shouldn't do it-not because of the mutiny thing but because of the activity thing.
EternalDragonAya (6:39:08 PM): Because despite Banj's abrasive nature, he knows what he's talking about.
</font><font color=teal>pd Rydia (6:39:25 PM): ::nods::
pd Rydia (6:40:18 PM): S'why I haven't mentioned it as an idea to most people. I figured you'd be the most relevant person to chat it out with.
pd Rydia (6:40:34 PM): Thanks for the advice
EternalDragonAya (6:41:17 PM): *nods and thumbsup*
</font><font color=teal>pd Rydia (6:43:09 PM): ::cheesy grin and pose!::</font> <p>

PreviousNext

Return to Discussion Forum