Sugoicon 2005

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

Reako Somner
Always sleepy, never asleep

Oh Snap!

Unread postby Reako Somner » Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:06 am

It looks like I might be able to go after all, having landed a job, so long as I get off those days, which will, apparently, be VERY difficult, although possible.

Hopefully I will not be such a party crasher this time.

Kai
Fighting the Iron Law of Oligarchy Since 2006

Re: Oh Snap!

Unread postby Kai » Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:33 pm

You have to come. Otherwise we'll never find any parking! <p>-------------------------
TheGreatNevareh (Virgil): I'm safe, don't worry. His hot pants are what got me interested in this whole scenario.</p>

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:29 pm

Kai made me laugh. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:58 am

Mike and Diane need to get in contact with me reguarding roomage, so we can get this shit taken care of and have one less thing to worry about. Especially since that price seems to want to keep going up. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:17 am

We're staying at <s>your mom's</s> my mom's.

Sorry. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">dictionary.com | encyclopædia dramatica</div></p>

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:44 am

I could have used this information earlier, especially since it heavily contradicts previous accounts of lodging preferences. Oh well. I suppose we'll figure it out.

So, the "roster", as it were, thus far, consists of:

Myself
Lex
Dia
The Son of God
Brian
Brian's girlfriend
Reakosaur
Ganonfro
Chuckington
El Capitan
Nebuchadnezzar
and Shiny

With possibilities of
The Navy
token black chick
and Kyosuke

Am I missing anyone? Gotta find roomies before prices go crazygonuts. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=brainwalker>BrainWalker</A]&nbsp; Image at: 8/18/05 1:59

NamagomiMk0

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Sat Aug 20, 2005 1:12 am

I would go to Sugoicon, but I have, well, some transportation, money, and rooming issues, so...I'm not sure I'd be able to go this year. :( <p>ChibiUrusai: *chomps* I am underage. ^-^
Arch mage144: This means nothing to me. =P
T3chn0Namagomi: *motherly voice* Brian! What would Kate think if she heard you say that?!

---Dirtiness in a chat. Blame my mind for being in the gutter.

-Namagomi, who lives up to his name in this case.</p>

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:38 pm

It seems like every year, there's this crazy mess of "Holy shit, prices have gone up already?" and "Have you submitted your con registration yet?" nonsense that ends up costing us more money, and causing us more stress than is ultimately necessary.

Therefore, it is my goal for next time (whenever that may be, depending on where life takes me in a year), to beat Sugoicon's ass and make it my bitch as soon as the announce the dates. This includes arranging transportation, working out hotel rooms/roommates before prices explode (as they have, currently, for Sugoicon '05), and perhaps even organizing 10 people for con group-rate preregistration. 10% isn't much of a discount, but hey, three bucks is three bucks. Use it to buy yourself some pocky.

I don't actually expect that group thing to happen. Mostly I just want to avoid this whole hotel bullshit next year. And likewise, work out transportation well ahead of time, if that is a concern. This is much like the plan Alex and I set up for Otakon before we both decided that convention can go fuck itself.

So, yea. People who care, don't hesitate to throw this in my face when the time for it actually rolls around if I'm being lazy. Seriously. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

BrainWalker
✔+

Reservation

Unread postby BrainWalker » Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:21 pm

Okay, so, Team 'Fro is all booked up. We're staying at the Terrace Hotel smack in the middle of downtown Cincinnati. Right on 6th street, which is part of the route of the tri-city shuttle majigger. Shit, there's a bus stop right across the street from the main entrance. Rooms are $79 a night, and they aren't subject to the insanely rapid inflation of every other hotel in town 'cause they're gonna be undergoing renovations in November, and their room service is going to be limited. So, if anyone who hasn't reserved a room yet (which, by my estimation, includes pretty much everyone else except Diane and Mike) wants to be in the same hotel, you should probably jump on that. Apparently they're filling up pretty quick with con-goers. Imagine that.

So, the chick at the front desk gave me this business card, and the number on it is (513) 381-4000, but then she wrote a toll-free number on the back: 1-888-279-8260. I imagine either one of those numbers would be useful. It's a bit pricier than I wanted to go for, but I only have my own ignorance and lack of foresight to blame for that. It's convenient, that's the important thing. I'm not entirely sure exactly how parking is going to work out, 'cause I'm sure as Hell not paying for valet parking, but I'm definitely glad I don't have to drive for the duration of our stay. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Will Rennar

Re: Reservation

Unread postby Will Rennar » Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:44 pm

Hmm. Now that Otakon has pretty well run my coffers dry, my ability to make it to Sugoicon has been put in a mild bit of jeopardy.

Still, I've got 4 paychecks to save up some money for it, plus a $200-ish/check raise due to opting to pay for my own meals (which bring the total bonus down to about $130-ish.), so I'm not TOO worried.

Anyway, work day's over, so I'm outta here to once again try to get the Mac running. If it doesn't, I may have to opt for either
A) minimal contact with the group, or
B) Forgoing Sugoicon in exchange for a Mac Mini.

Grr. Suddenly I'm not liking that hotel room anymore, Bes. ;_; <p>This has been your daily interrupted moment of Zen.</p>

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:59 pm

I definitely cannot go. My funds are too low and I have class. ;_; <p>-----
Do not taunt Happy Fun Zemyla.

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">I think boobs are the lesser of two evils. - Inverse (Pervy)
Dammit, Dan, I'm not dating a damn NPC! - OOC Will (Will Baseton)
Of course! Anything worth doing is worth doing completely wrong! - Travis English
Ultimately, wizards and clerics don't say, "Gee, I want to become a lich because weapons hurt less and I don't have to worry about being backstabbed; that whole 'eternal life' thing is just a fringe benefit."-Darklion
But this one time I killed a walrus with my bare hands, and I suddenly understood spherical coordinates. - KnightsofSquare
Also, when you've worked a 36-hour shift as an intern you too just might pour yourself a catful of coffee and sit down to cuddle with your travel mug. -eirehound
</span>

Adventurers! | RPG World World | The Phantom Lord's OT Board mkII | Indie Madnesse | Brotherhood of Elitist Bastards</p>

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:12 pm

People who are flying in should probably start either booking tickets, or posting their arrival/departure times (or both) considering that they will be at the mercy of myself and potentially the other Brian for transportation to and from airports. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Ganonfro

Unread postby Ganonfro » Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:30 pm

I would also like to announce there is little likelihood I can scrounge the money together for this event, since train and bus times are completely impractical and airplane costs are OMG ridiculus.

Sorry folks. I fucked up again in calculations. Supersorry. :(

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:33 pm

OK. Got my credit card. Definitely going. Before I reserve the room, does anyone want to split the cost, bunk together? <p>

<div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:39 pm

All right. Let's have a roll call of Great Justice.

People who are still trying to worm their way to Sugoicon fall into three categories.
1.You are going.
2.There is no number two, but things are better in threes.
3.You may be going.

Please post to clarify what the hell is going on.

Brian and I are going to try to make it, but schedule conflicts may be a problem. As far as I know, we may be going, with a strong tendency toward really wanting to. For more details, ask the archmage who's paying.

Next. <p>-------------------------
"It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor." -- Sandman "The Kindly Ones" </p>

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:34 pm

The main reservations for me are the fact that Sugoicon does not fall on my Thanksgiving break like it did last year (which was incredibly convenient), meaning that if I go, I'll have to find a way to get home that weekend, drive to Sugoicon, drive around (and drive people around) at Sugoicon, then find some way to get back to Butler Sunday evening. The only issue with that is that since I likely won't be able to take my car back, I'll have to find an alternate method of transportation, and then I'll have to get up Monday morning for class after driving around like a madman and getting absolutely none of my homework done. Yay!

One possibility involves my roommate at current doing some of the driving, because he expressed interest in going, but whether or not I want to go to the effort of going at all is going to be largely dictated by who will be there. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div>

</p>

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:17 pm

Well, I'm definitely going, and despite the fact that everyone already knows that I figured I should set a good example by answering the role call anyway. Or something.

As far as I know, my room at the Terrace (which is close enough to the convetion to negate the need to drive once everyone has been collected from their various airports/bus stations/what have you), and it thus far seems to consist of Shini, Lex, myself, probably Neb, and possibly Pervy. Yea, I know what I said about Pervy. Forget what I said about Pervy. I'll live.

Last I heard, Chuck and Shini were definitely planning on attending, but who knows what manner of life might fuck either of their plans up the ass later. Neb was iffy last time I checked, and Pervy had absolutely no idea, but Pervy never has any idea and still manages to attend most things like this somehow. I don't know who else is coming, but it's actually sort of looking like Chuck might get stuck with a room to himself, which is kind of tragic.

Right now, I'm mostly interested in transportation and who's going to be coming into Ohio at what time and what precise location, given that these people will be relying on... well, probably myself for getting them any further than their points of arrival. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:53 pm

I am PROBABLY booked @ the Terrace. I messed up my 'vation a bit (chose the wrong day) but that should be fixed now. <p>

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:06 am

I have delayed far too long:

FOR WHOM IT CONCERNS:

I will be leaving from Washington DC on October 27th (Thursday) at 10:10 AM. I will be arriving in Dayton at 1:34. That's DAYTON. At 1:34 PM. That's after noon. :(

I will be staying until sunday, when I will be leaving from DAYTON at 7:05 PM.

That is all :( <p>
<div style="text-align:center">What's wrong with this ring?!</div></p>

Nick Shogun

HAHAHAHA!!!

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:58 pm

Blah! Too complicated! <p>---
FAVORITE CD: Coheed and Cambria, God Apollo I'm Burning Stars
FAVORITE MOVIE: Serenity
FAVORITE BAND: the Flaming Lips
FAVORITE COMIC BOOK: Hip Flask/Blade of the Immortal
FAVORITE WEB COMIC: Five Bucks to Friday
FAVORITE VIDEO GAME: Psychonauts
</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=nickshogun>Nick] at: 10/10/05 3:44

Will Rennar

Re: HAHAHAHA!!!

Unread postby Will Rennar » Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:39 pm

Vacation time: CHECK
Plane ticket: CHECK
Sugoicon pre-reg: CHECK

Okay, it's official: I WILL be at Sugoicon.

FLIGHT PLAN:
Arriving at Dayton at 10:10 AM on the 27th. Don't worry, I'll stick around and wait for Shini to arrive so you guys only have to make 1 trip.

Leaving at Dayton at 8:05 PM on the 30th. Again, 1 trip.

Now all I need to work out somehow are sleeping arrangements. o.o

<p>This has been your daily interrupted moment of Zen.</p>Edited by: Will Rennar&nbsp; Image at: 10/11/05 20:57

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:44 pm

Oshits, it's a Will!

So, to recap:

Definitely probably maybe going to be there:
Not in my room:
Other Brian & that girl he likes: Worked out their own travel and lodging arrangements
Diane & Mike: Totally getting free room and board with relatives. Bastards :(

In my room:
Shini, Chazworth, and myself.
Possibly also Neb and goddamned bed-stealing freeloader Pervy, pending confirmation from Neb on wether or not she'll actually be there.

Probably not in my room:
Reakosaur: Really needs to figure out where he's going to be sleeping.
Willzaq: Wow, he's totally on the ball for a late-comer. Also needs to figure out where he'll be rooming.

Not going to be there?
Nick Shogun: Wait, what? I thought he had decided to come. Dammit, make up your mind!
Lex: This makes us very very sad :(
Zem: Beep.
Spleen: Probably will be there next year.
Choark: I don't think anyone was actually expecting him to show up anyway, regardless of how awesome that would be.
Amandagami: She posted once in this entire thread; a post wich essentially boils down to the word "maybe"

Flight Plans:
<table border=2 cellpadding=2 style="font-family: verdana; font-size: 14pt;"><tr><td></td><td>In: (10/27)</td><td>Out: (10/30)</td></tr><tr><td colspan=3 align="center">Dayton</td></tr><tr><td>Willzaq</td><td>10:10 AM</td><td>8:05 PM</td></tr><tr><td>Shini</td><td>1:34 PM</td><td>7:05 PM</td></tr><tr><td colspan=3 align="center">Cincinnati</td></tr><tr><td>Chuck</td><td>7:00 PM</td><td>?:? ?</td></tr></table>

By the way, is anyone other than me going to have a cell phone?

Edit: Edited with new and improved information! <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=brainwalker>BrainWalker</A]&nbsp; Image at: 10/13/05 13:31

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:20 pm

Brian and I won't be able to make it this year. Scheduling nonsense combined with transportation and financial nonsense. <p>-------------------------
"It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor." -- Sandman "The Kindly Ones" </p>

Nick Shogun

YE gads!

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:03 pm

Quote:
Not going to be there?
Nick Shogun: Wait, what? I thought he had decided to come. Dammit, make up your mind!

Changed my mind. I'm opting to go to Otakon, as soon as someone decides to make the official thread. <p><div style="text-align:center">
www.livejournal.com/users/jankenpo/
Jan-Ken-Po, an Online Webcomic. Updated spontaneously, and without notice!
</div></p>

Animala
HATED BY SKELETONS

Zuh?

Unread postby Animala » Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:33 am

Otakon...next year?

(edit)Otakon's in August(/edit)

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=whiteknightdelta>White]&nbsp; Image at: 10/14/05 8:33

Reako Somner

Re: Zuh?

Unread postby Reako Somner » Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:44 am

FINALLY! I finally got confirmation from my work place that I may have these days off. It only took them what, 1 month? Regardless, I will be going, I will be well funded, and I apparently lost dibs on rooming with BW over this time period. Damn. I might not go after all if I've got no place to stay...

I snore like a freakin grizzly anyway.

I'm pretty sure it'd be futile to try and get a room of my own by now too. Accursed job! Image

BrainWalker
✔+

Re: Zuh?

Unread postby BrainWalker » Fri Oct 14, 2005 4:37 pm

I would suggest that you contact the Terrace and see if they have any rooms left. I would also suggest that you commandeer the possibility of Neb and Pervy whilst I steal Willzaq. That would put 3 people in each room.

Otherwise, we might all have to cram in the same room, and while that is a financially sound proposition, it is also a crowded proposition. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Nick Shogun

...cry for the days we have lost! The Fun Days! -OO-

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Sat Oct 15, 2005 2:50 am

Yeah, see, that'll give me time to save up money. Cause it's like, a year away. <p><div style="text-align:center">
www.livejournal.com/users/jankenpo/
Jan-Ken-Po, an Online Webcomic. Updated spontaneously, and without notice!
</div></p>

Will Rennar

Re: ...cry for the days we have lost! The Fun Days! -OO-

Unread postby Will Rennar » Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:10 am

I suppose Reako and I could try splitting the cost for a hotel room. Worked out fairly well with Bes at Otakon, anyway. o.o <p>This has been your daily interrupted moment of Zen.</p>

Reako Somner

Unread postby Reako Somner » Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:17 am

That sounds good, I'll have to catch you on AIM later. We could get some nice lodgings, too, cause I've got a fair bit of money saved up for this

WARNING: I snore like a... well.. ask BW

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:20 am

Bring earplugs. I'm serious. If you don't bring some I will bring some for you. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=brainwalker>BrainWalker</A]&nbsp; Image at: 10/17/05 11:21

Will Rennar

Unread postby Will Rennar » Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:49 pm

Earplugs? For snoring? Dude, unless you're louder than the interior of an empty C-130 during takeoff...........in which case they'd throw us out for waking up all of Covington anyway...

EDITIFICATION OF SOMEWHAT MINOR UBERHUNORMOUS IMPORTANTNESS: Oh snappicus! Reako and I have LODGING! We're at the Newport Riverfront Travelodge. W00TLES!
***** <p>This has been your daily interrupted moment of Zen.</p>Edited by: Will Rennar&nbsp; Image at: 10/17/05 19:18

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:15 am

Hey, I actually know where that is! <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Will Rennar

Unread postby Will Rennar » Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:13 pm

Well yeah. That's the whole reason Reako suggested it. <p>This has been your daily interrupted moment of Zen.</p>

BrainWalker
✔+

Re: Quick Update!

Unread postby BrainWalker » Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:25 am

Flight Plans:
<table border=2 cellpadding=2 style="font-family: verdana; font-size: 14pt;"><tr><td></td><td>In: (10/27)</td><td>Out: (10/30)</td></tr><tr><td colspan=3 align="center">Dayton</td></tr><tr><td>Willzaq</td><td>10:10 AM</td><td>8:05 PM</td></tr><tr><td>Shini</td><td>1:34 PM</td><td>7:05 PM</td></tr><tr><td colspan=3 align="center">Cincinnati</td></tr><tr><td>Neb*</td><td>(10/28)
10:45 AM</td><td>12:15 PM</td></tr><tr><td>Chuck</td><td>7:00 PM</td><td>3:00 PM</td></tr></table>

*Neb's actually coming in on a Greyhound and not on an airplane. I should probably figure out where the Greyhound station in Cincinnati is.

Also: Who's bringing what to Sugoicon? I hear Xaq might be bringing his GameCube, and Reako is apparently bringing Mischief Makers and possibly an N64 to play it on. I assume either Chris or myself will be bringing a PS2 and I will be bringing We &hearts; Katamari.

So... who's bringing what? <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=brainwalker>BrainWalker</A]&nbsp; Image at: 10/25/05 20:57

Will Rennar

Unread postby Will Rennar » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:46 pm

I dunno who mentioned me bringing the GC, but I'll go ahead and haul it out there with me, along with my DS, a Yu-Gi-Oh deck, and a possible (and hopefully WEAK if there at all) bit of influenza courtesy of your Navy's medical professionals.

Oh, and a sketchpad. I do NOT go sketch-less at cons, no matter how worthless the pros make me feel.

EDIT: And Kirara. How on earth do I forget my official con badge bearer? ;.; <p>--
<div style="text-align:center">This has been your daily interrupted moment of Zen.

Science Team is convinced Metroids can be trained.
After three days, I'm convinced Science Team has vapor for brains.
</div></p>Edited by: Will Rennar&nbsp; Image at: 10/25/05 21:51

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:03 pm

I'm gonna see what I can do about bringing food. Sandwiches, snacks, ramen, and the like. Maybe some soup. Also, keep in mind that some of the hotel rooms have microwaves and a stove top you can take advantage of!

I'll also help out with gas money for whoever I'm riding with. <p>

"My naturally quivering state makes any display of fear deliciously arbitrary" - Manowar Leader, Scary-Go-Round</p>Edited by: NebulaQueen at: 10/25/05 22:10

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:08 pm

I shall bring the games Burnout: Revenge, Killzone, and Sly 3. Name a genre, and I'll probably have something near to it. <p>

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:34 pm

Shini will probably make his own post, but I understand he will be supplying a PS2, and Chuck will be supplying a second controller for said PS2. So far nooone's mentioned any anime, so I'll probably toss a random selection of my stuff into my bag at the last minute. I may also bring my 'Cube even if Xaq brings his, what with him and Rekao having a room in another hotel. We'll work it out.

Also, even FURTHER updated travel info!

<table border=2 cellpadding=2 style="font-family: verdana; font-size: 14pt;"><tr><td colspan=8 align="center">Flight Plans:</td></tr><tr><td rowspan=2></td><td colspan=3 align="center">Arrivals</td><td rowspan=8></td><td colspan=3 rowspan=2 align="center">Departure
Times:
(10/30)</td></tr><tr><td>Time: (10/27)</td><td>Flight:</td><td>From:</td></tr><tr><td colspan=8 align="center">Dayton</td></tr><tr><td>Willzaq</td><td>10:10 AM</td><td>US Airways #2376</td><td>Washington DC</td><td>8:05 PM</td></tr><tr><td>Shini</td><td>1:34 PM</td><td>US Airways #2534</td><td>Philadelphia</td><td>7:05 PM</td></tr><tr><td colspan=8 align="center">Cincinnati</td></tr><tr><td>Neb*</td><td colspan=3>Friday (10/28), 10:45 AM</td><td>12:15 PM</td></tr><tr><td>Chuck</td><td>7:00 PM</td><td>Continental #2007</td><td>Houston</td><td>3:00 PM</td></tr></table> <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:25 am

Should've posted sooner. But, you know, stuff.

I'm coming in on Airtran (Dayton) tomorrow (oshit, Thursday!) at 6:25 PM, and Mike on the same at 8:40 PM. Right now it's already arranged for Mom to come pick us up and drag us back to Kentucky.

If interested, I can haul the NES and a few games with me. Though I'd rather not mess with the mess of the cables and et cetera unless there's at least moderate interest. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">dictionary.com | encyclopædia dramatica</div></p>

PreviousNext

Return to Discussion Forum