I thought you should know.

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Re: I thought you should know.

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:00 pm

Very well Dia. I won't bother him again.

Magnus de Silentio

Unread postby Magnus de Silentio » Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:57 pm

Oh, I get it. My sense of humor -- in other words, the fact that I didn't feel like taking the argument seriously -- makes me an asshole.

I don't know, think what you want. But Dia, as for your point: I'll admit the "justfuckinggoogleit,stupid" thing, as you call it, was not the nicest thing EVER. But after that I was perfectly fucking civil until I'd been called an idiot and told repeatedly that I shouldn't talk anymore.

Unless, of course, teasing people a little for having opinions you think are poorly constructed is totally beyond the pale. (Somehow I doubt that if I wasn't a newb, it wouldn't be. I don't know where I get that idea!)

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:08 pm

Nice, smice. You don't have to be nice to me. D= But I think you get it, so yeah, I won't repeat it over and over again.

Mmm, smice. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">dictionary.com | encyclopædia dramatica</div></p>Edited by: pd Rydia&nbsp; Image at: 7/16/05 22:08

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:18 pm

I've spend about an hour trying to type up my feelings about this, because it's brining up other crap going on I'm not happy about right now. Here's my best shot at it.

I get the feeling, a lot of people just don't give two shits about others anymore, and make no attempts to be civil to new people. This drive me fucking nuts. Are people stupid sometimes on the forum? All the damn time. Do we have to go into "OOH OOH I WANNA POST SOMETHING DEROGATORY AND WITTY NEXT LIKE ALL THE OTHER GUYS!! =O" mode every time it happens?

NO

I don't care how 'funny' it is sometimes, I've just had it with the attitude it fosters. Basically if someone's new, wait for that one moment they fuck up, then pounce on them like a pack of wolves with jabs and insults. It keeps everyone in the "I AM BETTAR THAN YOU HAR HAR" mindset and I've had it with it.

I liked coming to the forums, because I could just be silly and have some fun. I don't get that feeling anymore, and I'm guessing others that visit don't either.

I don't know how to wrap this up so, I'll just leave it here I guess.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:31 pm

Dave:

First, thanks.

Second, could you get in touch with me when you have the time?

My new AIM handle is Female Pretense, though I may not be around to chat to today. Feel free to email me if you would like to do it that way (pdrydia AT gmail DOT com). <p>
<div style="text-align:center">dictionary.com | encyclopædia dramatica</div></p>

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:13 am

Ooh, this is *the* Magnus? It's nice to meet you, I've heard so many stories about you. Well, not really, but I have heard you mentioned a few times. Which, I guess, counts for something.

I went back and reread the thread, and it appears I should apologize for my rather harsh tone back on page 2. While what you had posted was indeed rife with the hyperbole I decried, it was, as you'd made note, a part of a blog, the contents of which do not and should not have the same tone of voice as a public, two-sided rationally constructed argument--and thus the hyperbole is warranted and/or excused and/or some other gerund.

The rest of my posts' content stands, though, of course. And I still think the bear thing is pretty funny. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:28 pm

Note: I don't think I've ever attacked you, or your intelligence, Magnus, just your arguments. If I did, I apologize for such. You just happen to have some crazy (and wildly incorrect) views on firearms.

Though you have to admit, even though you're the victim of it, the bear title is pretty funny.

ANYWAYS.

The thing with the "straw man" stuff is that you picked whatever was the weakest part of my argument, and derailed the thread (well, derailed it more. I don't think anyone even considers this a thread about anti-rape devices anymore.) along various wild tangents. More than once.

The first instance that jumps into my mind is, of course, the bear deal. It was just one example of uses of handguns that are not just shooting people, and we ended up focusing on that for way, way too long. The next part was where I had the little history lesson thingy, and you focused on the alcohol =/= part. The only reason I even mentioned it was to try to show that no, that wasn't my point. Hence, "Yes, I know that's a bad comparison". The point was that we got organized crime far earlier than we really should have, and that it helped contribute to the overly violent mindset that a lot of people have.

So. Yeah. More people are shot with handguns than people are attacked by bears, ok. But that doesn't mean that I want to go out hiking without one, because I like being prepared. No, I don't think I need tanks or whatever when I'm out hiking, since that would defeat the point.

Guns kill a lot of kids each year? Ok, I know that up here, drunk drivers kill considerably more kids each year than guns. Up here, yes, alcohol is ocnsiderably more dangerous than guns. I guess that's geography or localization or whatever coming into play again. I guess, going off tangentially, I agree: I'd rather have them make it harder for people to get handguns in certain locations, since I doubt that people in the middle of LA are going to go out hiking/hunting/camping/whatever any time soon, at least in any location where they would need such things to defend themselves against the wildlife.

However, without a solid suggestion in how to deal with the situation, then the entire argument is moot. Which in all fairness, I suppose you agreed that the argument is moot some time ago.

EDIT: Wow, that post was exteremely scattered. Hopefully it makes sense in some way. Also, it occurs to me that if I were actually doing my job as a mod, instead of contributing to the "discussion", I probably would have locked the thread about thirty posts ago... <p>
<hr width="50%"><center><span style="font-family:comic sans ms; font-size:x-large;">AVAST!</span></center></p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=flamingdeth>FlamingDeth</A] at: 7/18/05 20:49

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:09 pm

As a forenote: This was not coerced in any way. No one has told me to 'go fix it', I just felt this needed to be said.

Now that I'm thinking clearly again, I'm probably the only person who really needs to appologize in here: I was the one who started aggravating Magnus, which lead to... well, a storm of crap.

I still don't agree with the way Magnus stated several things, but the way I expressed that was infantile. Along with a number of other things I did. Before I finish up, I'd like to point out that as a long standing member here, I was told off by another long standing member here, albeit in a much more mature fashion. Ergo: This was never a 'Newbie thing'. Your postcount does not reflect how you're treated at RPGWW.

I'm sorry to everyone here.

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:11 pm

I am made of tasty, tasty beef! <p>
<div style="text-align:center">What's wrong with this ring?!</div></p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=flamingdeth>FlamingDeth</A] at: 7/19/05 3:03

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:29 pm

... *beats Chris. With Dragon-nip*

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:28 am

What? It's true!

I am, infact, made of beef. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">What's wrong with this ring?!</div></p>

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:48 am

The discussion may have been doomed from the start.

There are certain subjects pretty well guarranteed to generate strong feelings on either side. The second amendment, certain religious issues, global warming, the Iraq war, and so forth. It's easy to assume that anyone who disagrees with you is willfully ignorant, an idiot, or part of the problem. They may also be a representative of The Man.

To my recollection, it's been a while since anyone's stood on one of those mines around here. Which is surprising, given the number of opinionated, argumentative people we have here. Then again, perhaps that has something to do with the veritable minefield that is posting an initial introduction or character sheet...

The easy answer, of course, is to avoid potentially sensitive subjects. But none of us want to live in an environment where noone's willing to express an opinion.

So we are left with the trickier solution. People have to remember that a difference of opinion doesn't necessarily make the other person a godless communist, and that there are such things as shades of grey.

Now, back to the subject at hand. It's a thorny issue. On the one hand, I'm against bears eating FD. On the other hand, I'm against FD shooting bears.

Clearly, the solution is for FD to move to Antarctica, where the chances of being eaten by a bear are practically zero. <p>Cat - Felis sapiens. Not human. Viable target.
Kryten - Mechanoid. Not human. Viable target.
Rimmer - Hologram. Not human. Viable target.
Lister - Homo sapiens. Barely human. ... What the Hell.</p>

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:13 am

I think the better solution is to now talk about abortion. *eaten by cyber-bears* <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:40 pm

I figure I should post something, 'cause I still have fingers and can.

I'd like to thank Dia for her sense of remarkable level-headedness that she has the power to exhibit when it is most needed, Dave for being Dave, FD and Priam for very interesting points and counterpoints, and Idran for, as always, being a rock-solid researcher in constant pursuit of truth.

I would like to thank Besyanteo for eventually apologizing for being what I can only describe as being "titanically foolish," but I imagine he's figured all that out by now.

Do me a tremendous favor in the future--if you're going to swing me around like a club during one of your arguments in which you're going to shift what was some semblance of a rational debate to pointless name-calling, at least send me an email or an IM or something so you can ask if it's okay to put me between my friends so you can justify repeatedly calling someone stupid just because you don't like the way they make arguments.

People need to have the balls to state their opinions more often around here. I commend Magnus for that. One might argue that he's doing it because he doesn't know better, but I think that's to his advantage in this case. God forbid we have serious discussions about heavy issues here, because none of us are intelligent enough to approach them with maturity.

On that note, Magnus and I have had a lot of arguments/debates/discussions/whatever in real life. I've known the guy for about a year and spent a considerable amount of time hanging out with him. I can, as such, conclusively say a few things on the subject.

If there is one thing he isn't, it's stupid. He's quite intelligent, devastatingly so at times, and a brilliant novelist.

I hit the same impasse the rest of you are with him when debate comes up sometimes. I'm not sure I can fully explain why that is. I might be able to try, but I'm not going to do that right now. It should be noted that the actual discussion in this thread is very interesting and at times hilarious (bear eats you!), which gives it some definite merit. Hell, Magnus and I were laughing about the whole bear thing this weekend because we both think it's an incredibly hilarious side-effect of this conversation and resulted in what might be one of the greatest custom titles ever.

That said, I think that some of his convictions are almost too strong for him to hold a true debate on the subject, but that goes for some other people, too. Also in question is the original argument, which is, in my opinion, a somewhat self-completing and uninteresting "thesis." "Guns are tools for killing people." They certainly are, but the issue is far more complicated than that. If the "thesis" were "guns can be used to kill people," I think everyone would be forced to agree out of sheer obviousness. Instead, the thesis makes a claim that is stated without being explicitly said--"guns are only tools for killing people and have no other potential value, which makes them bad." This is where the argument begins.

The problem is that no amount of statistics will win this argument, because the data is wildly in conflict. Americans own lots of guns and shoot each other with fair frequency. Washington D.C. has outlawed gun ownership completely for private citizens but has more gun crime than anywhere else in the US. Switzerland has more guns per capita than American by far, and everyone is issued an automatic weapon so as to be part of a standing militia. Very few incidences of gun-related violence occur in Switzerland.

Why does banning guns encourage more shootings in D.C. while it eliminates gun crime in Japan? The answer is complicated, and I don't have it. Cultural differences in attitude, perhaps? There are so many other factors involved in any argument regarding firearm controls that boiling down the argument to "guns are bad" or "guns are used to kill people" is a gross oversimplification of a complex issue.

Saying "people shouldn't kill each other" is pretty pointless, too. I don't disagree with the statement, but it's not really a conclusion to an argument. Guns may make the job easier, but if people are really determined to kill each other, taking away guns is not likely to solve the problem. See my earlier statement about cultural differences.

An interesting proposition at this point would be to change the tone of the discussion somewhat. Yes, you can kill another human being with a gun. An excellent conclusion--it was reached something like three hundred years ago. What might be more important at this point is why. What factors contribute to the rise of gun crime? What's the real difference between America and other countries where guns are present? An argument about gun violence cannot simply be stopped at the level where it is decided that guns are weapons. In the interest of a productive discussion, why not shift into cultural analysis and try to come to some meaningful conclusion about human nature instead of a thesis and conclusion all in one that has all the panache of "fire is hot?"

"Fire is hot" would make an excellent grad thesis for a physics doctorate, especially if you were specializing in thermodynamics. It would make you look very smart.

Feel free to ignore me, in any case, if my suggestion sounds too much like a writing assignment for a class you got roped into taking by your school's core curriculum. Some people are allergic to thinking when it isn't for a grade, but I was under the impression that RPGWWers weren't those people. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div>

</p>

Magnus de Silentio

Unread postby Magnus de Silentio » Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:01 pm

Well said. Especially the parts about how cool I am. ;0p

That said, I'd like to leave this alone for the most part, because what you're saying is reasonable and I feel just fine letting it stand as is. I also encourage others to respond however they like!

However, there is one point I would like to refine a little in response to your post. I can see how one would get that my point was "guns are ONLY for killing people" -- because I pretty much said that, although with some caveats -- but that's only 95% right. It's a little more complicated than that, and I haven't done the best job of communicating the nuances that I do see.

The more accurate way of describing my view would be that guns are PRIMARILY for killing people, at least handguns / automatic weapons. I feel that hunting rifles, on the other hand, are clearly for hunting animals. They have certain limitations that make them considerably less dangerous to have in your home.

I also will be happy to admit that, guns being tools, you can theoretically use them for all sorts of things. That said, I think that killing people, morally, is the most important use. That is the one that ought to decide the gun's fate one way or the other, in my view.

But I'm not looking to start up the argument again, just clarify something Brian mentioned above about my view.

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:18 pm

Quote:
That said, I'd like to leave this alone for the most part, because what you're saying is reasonable and I feel just fine letting it stand as is. I also encourage others to respond however they like!

This is correct. Also, I am going to leave this thread alone from here on out, though if anyone tries to start 'tarding it up some more, it'll be locked in a heartbeat.

And by "in a heartbeat", I mean whenever I feel like it. <p>
<hr width="50%"><center><span style="font-family:comic sans ms; font-size:x-large;">AVAST!</span></center></p>

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:09 am

"Americans own lots of guns and shoot each other with fair frequency."

I hope you don't mind me quoting you on this later.

Also, a better rewording of the thesis phrase might be, "Guns are primarily made with the intent of killing people." This is more reasonable than, say, suggesting they are made to support the bagel industry in its central-holed pastries.

I totally have ADD, so I'm going to change the subject of my post here. Enjoy.

As for the cultural aspects that affect gun use and abuse, the obvious thing when comparing Japan to __________ is that the Japanese have a history of having a rigorous, unforgiving, discipline-oriented culture (or so I've been led to understand). Propriety is paramount, and considering others first is a matter of course. For shit's sake, there's no word for 'privacy' in Japanese.

America, on the other hand, was born out of rebellion and willfulness to rise up and beat down The Man. Of course we're going to do some stupid-ass shit every now and again. We are trained to not think along with anyone else, but rather in competition with everyone else. Every man is an island--sink or swim on your own. I think I have my metaphors confused, but you get the idea.

Somehow this reminds me greatly of discussions I've witnessed in the past regarding alcoholism and national background. Turns out Germany has no lower limit for alcohol intake, legally speaking. And it's very rare to see someone actually act in a harmful way out of alcohol-induced haze, apparently. Drunk driving is not tolerated, either--one incident and your license is gone. Fo' life. They don't fuck around.

America, on the other hand. We have drunk drivers more often than anyone here is willing to truly believe. Trust me, I work at a bar. Alcoholism is a disease and a problem for a significant number of people, and it's pretty much known what is happening on any given person's 21st birthday. Responsibility is a good idea, and a lot of people follow it. But it's nowhere near uniformity--and in fact, alcohol is used as an excuse for bad behavior. Don't worry about him hitting on you, he's drunk. If he starts being angry, let him work it out of his system, he's smashed. The responsibility shifts away from the person onto the booze, but the alcohol industry doesn't suffer hardly at all from this mass buck-passing. What the hell. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:03 pm

America is a young country, speaking in terms of nations and empires.

And as such, it should come as no surprise that America is an immature country, the violent, temper-tantrum pitching illegitimate younger brother of the European nations. <p>

</p>

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:06 pm

Dammit, yet another beefy and altogether intriguing thread that I missed out on. I need to get back to hanging out on these forums on a regular basis. Everything that I was going to say has already been said. Loose ends about why communnication broke down have even been tied up. Fuck you guys, having all the fun and not leaving any for me :(

For the record, though: Things were getting pretty scary towards the end of it, but I'm glad things ultimately ended up civil. I really didn't think it was gonna get there. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=brainwalker>BrainWalker</A]&nbsp; Image at: 7/21/05 13:07

Ganonfro

Unread postby Ganonfro » Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:25 pm

The only thing I can say is Priam... Alcoholism is an adiction. There's no disease about it. If it were a disease, there'd be a cure for it, but the only "cure" is that for one to stop being an alcoholic, they need to stop drinking, at least of the alcoholic type of liquids. The non-leathal kind, like water, and madcow moomilk.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:36 pm

*prepares to make a post, then deletes the whole thing and stays out of it.*

Animala
HATED BY SKELETONS

Unread postby Animala » Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:43 pm

"If it were a disease, there'd be a cure for it"

Thanks to the work of my esteemed colleague Dr. Ganonfro, we now know that the following are not diseases:

- Cardiovascular <s>disease</s>bad ickiness
- Cancer
- Alzheimer's <s>disease</s>unpleasant condition
- Arthritis
- Depression
- Stroke
- Osteoporosis

Scientists and doctors remain hopeful that, in time, cures may be discovered and these conditions will someday become diseases.

In a related story, the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism has come under fire recently for their now-outdated reference to alcoholism as "A Complex Genetic Disease" in Alcohol Alert #60 - The Genetics of Alcoholism. NIAAA leadership has issued a full apology and promises to update the report in a future alert. <p>
to make the pain go away
i cut the universe
with ribbons
because that make perfect sense.</p>

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:10 am

Alcoholism is an addiction, yes. By definition, in fact. But I was speaking on a greater scale--populaces, as opposed to persons. With regard to the discussion, it is less relevant how people behave with (or without) respect towards alcohol so much as how people behave after having taken alcohol in.

There are a lot of people in America who are 'social drinkers,' or who otherwise will sometimes drink but do not make it a habit. And a number of these people act like complete idiots under its effects, as though excused somehow from reality. I dare say that the level of idiocy manifested by drunkards differs from culture to culture. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:33 am

Thank you, Bes, for your statement that you are just mature enough to admit you're wrong, but not quite mature enough to do so without departing from an argument without a little parting shot to let us all know how stupid you think we all are.

In other words, if you're going to continue a discussion and dig up old dirt, at least do it with a full post instead of a "neener neener, I had something to say, but I won't, 'cause you're all stupidheads anyway!" <p>

</p>

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:49 am

Brain, If I'm so below you, then why do you bother payying attention to me?

I don't lay claim to maturity, so don't go trying to goad me into more stupid drama by pointing out that something I did can be construed as immature.

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:19 am

Bes, you might try editing your post if you decide to do that again, because normal users do not have priviledges to delete anything. You get to have your almost-comment, and if people bitch then you can claim exemption.

Yes, Brian, I am telling you in a roundabout way to pick your battles, because that one was totally not worth the paper it wasn't written on. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=priamnevhausten>PriamNevhausten</A]&nbsp; Image at: 7/26/05 6:20

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:48 am

I'd just like to point out that the whole thing turned from "Let's stop being idiots" to "Let's all be idiots about something else" in record time. <p>

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:42 am

Blah. Ignore me. I'm as hormonal as a pregnant woman this time of week.

No seriously. Pituitary tumor. Meds. Arr.

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:51 am

To try and get the discussion back on track!

*ahem*

Unfortunately, I don't really have any concrete evidence or facts to back up what I'm saying, I know this up front. I don't drink, period, and don't have any plans or desire to do so. Mostly due to experience from my family, unfortunately. So I welcome anyone to point out poor assumptions on my part here.

I personally feel, it's a mix of genetics and your own life experience. Just because you may be more easily predisposed to alcohol addiction, doesn't mean it will happen. Like in my case, I've seen what it's done to some people, and don't want to put myself in that position. On the other hand, if enough bad shit goes down in your life, you could slowly start to become dependant on it, even if no previous disposition exists.

And... that's about all I have to contribute at the moment =X

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:49 pm

Actually, I quite like you, on the whole, Bes. I just felt like picking a fight at the time. And people posting to say "forget it, I'm keeping my mouth shut" is one of my pet peeves. I'm still a little irked, but not the way I was before.

Apologies for dredging up old battles. <p>

</p>

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:04 pm

And now, for completely silly reasons, I feel the need to ensure that any further arguing becomes a moot point, by invoking Godwin's law.

You're all Nazi's =[

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:36 pm

Oh shit, this conversation is over. <p>

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:27 pm

Oh, and Shini is Hitler =[

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:52 pm

Ach tung!

Also, Brain: Ditto. I'll learn better one of these times. Just not very quickly it seems.

And, now that I AM actively TRYING to be resonable, I really don't have anything constructive to add to the alcohol debate. Priam and Mike have said anything I might have once considered.

pd Rydia

"That's not how you invoke Godwin's law..."

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:30 am

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
<p>
<div style="text-align:center">dictionary.com | encyclopædia dramatica</div></p>

Zemyla

Re: "That's not how you invoke Godwin's law..."

Unread postby Zemyla » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:52 am

*after 5 minutes of rolling on the floor*

Dia is the greatest person ever. Again. <p>-----
Do not taunt Happy Fun Zemyla.

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">I think boobs are the lesser of two evils. - Inverse (Pervy)
Dammit, Dan, I'm not dating a damn NPC! - OOC Will (Will Baseton)
Of course! Anything worth doing is worth doing completely wrong! - Travis English
Ultimately, wizards and clerics don't say, "Gee, I want to become a lich because weapons hurt less and I don't have to worry about being backstabbed; that whole 'eternal life' thing is just a fringe benefit."-Darklion
But this one time I killed a walrus with my bare hands, and I suddenly understood spherical coordinates. - KnightsofSquare
Also, when you've worked a 36-hour shift as an intern you too just might pour yourself a catful of coffee and sit down to cuddle with your travel mug. -eirehound
</span>

Adventurers! | RPG World World | The Phantom Lord's OT Board mkII | Indie Madnesse | Brotherhood of Elitist Bastards</p>

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:05 am

She is. She just is. ;_;

SuperRube

Unread postby SuperRube » Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:20 pm

Fuck, this is the best thread ever. Priam was just on fucking fire at the onset. I swear to god, we need more clashes of the egos like this to keep me coming back here.

Drama keeps fourms alive, people. I mean it.

...also, I dunno. Nazi's or something. <p>
"Dreamcast's hardware was entirely 64-bit except for a single 128-bit internal math coprocessor. That little chunk of silicon didn't make DC a 128-bit system any more than my grandmother's artificial knee makes her a cybernetic super-soldier." --Jeremy Parish</p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:49 pm

Dude, Rube, if you're looking for drama, I can totally hook you up. There's this art_theft community...hardcore drama. <p>

SuperRube

Unread postby SuperRube » Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:04 pm

Really? That'd be sweet of you.

Though the World of Warcraft fourms seems to be a good spot to look if you know what you're doing. And I do. <p>
"Dreamcast's hardware was entirely 64-bit except for a single 128-bit internal math coprocessor. That little chunk of silicon didn't make DC a 128-bit system any more than my grandmother's artificial knee makes her a cybernetic super-soldier." --Jeremy Parish</p>

PreviousNext

Return to Discussion Forum