hay guyz

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

pd Rydia

hay guyz

Unread postby pd Rydia » Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:47 am

So I'm thinking about redoing the RPGWW website.

Which means I could totally redo the colors.

Which means the board could get a matching make-over, if'n y'all wanted.

Whatcha think? <p>
<div style="text-align:center">"Pants are bad!!! We should wear pants only on our head you conformist bastard!!! Pants are the devils work!! Run freee!! And pantless!!!" -- Vulture</div>
</p>

FlamingDeth

Re: hay guyz

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:47 am

Black and red? <p>
<hr width="70%"><center>
This month's "Transformer of the Month" is Grimlock in a Santa hat! He's quite jolly.</center></p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:21 am

Didn't I post this in the Discussion forum?

o_O <p>
<div style="text-align:center">"Pants are bad!!! We should wear pants only on our head you conformist bastard!!! Pants are the devils work!! Run freee!! And pantless!!!" -- Vulture</div>
</p>

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:22 am

YOU DID NOW!

*kicks it over HARDCORE* <p>
<hr width="70%"><center>
This month's "Transformer of the Month" is Grimlock in a Santa hat! He's quite jolly.</center></p>

Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Unread postby Spleen » Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:47 am

You know, FD, that's exactly what I said when Dia first suggested it in chat. "Oh, she just misses the color scheme we had on April Fool's Day."

Oh, and here's my suggestion as I made it in chat: we could have all the different forum subsets in a different color scheme - RP forums one color, Spam and Discussion another, etc. <p>__-__-__-__-__-__

"I'm just a guy with a boomerang. I didn't ask for all this flying, and this magic..."
-Sokka, Avatar

"Screw normal, because if you're normal, the crowd will accept you, but if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader."
-Christopher Titus</p>

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:07 am

Ow. No. Keep it all one color.

I don't mind the black and red color scheme, though. <p>-----
Do not taunt Happy Fun Zemyla.

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">I think boobs are the lesser of two evils. - Inverse (Pervy)
Dammit, Dan, I'm not dating a damn NPC! - OOC Will (Will Baseton)
Of course! Anything worth doing is worth doing completely wrong! - Travis English
Ultimately, wizards and clerics don't say, "Gee, I want to become a lich because weapons hurt less and I don't have to worry about being backstabbed; that whole 'eternal life' thing is just a fringe benefit."-Darklion
But this one time I killed a walrus with my bare hands, and I suddenly understood spherical coordinates. - KnightsofSquare
Also, when you've worked a 36-hour shift as an intern you too just might pour yourself a catful of coffee and sit down to cuddle with your travel mug. -eirehound
</span>

Adventurers! | RPG World World | The Phantom Lord's OT Board mkII | Indie Madnesse | Brotherhood of Elitist Bastards</p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:33 am

Black and red = no.

Uniformity = yes.

Spleen has yet to expand on what he meant by "subtle differences" between the subforums.

And why the heck was this post moved to the spam forum in the first place?

[edit] Black and red = no in the April Fool's/DP sense. I mean, if someone can show how it can look good... o_o <p>
</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=pdrydia>pd]&nbsp; Image at: 4/14/05 8:34

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:45 am

I vote against black and red and move for delicate shades of pink and blue.
<p>

"Moreover, when on the following night, much to his dismay, [Caesar] had a dream of raping his own mother, the soothsayers greatly encouraged him by their interpretations of it: namely, that he was destined to conquer the earth" - Suetonius, The Twelve Caesars - Julius Caesar, chapter 7</p>

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:47 am

I nominate neon green and neon purple!

:D! <p>---------------

"Well slap a dead fish on me and call me Molokidan!"</p>

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:48 am

I nominate Molokidan to be sacrificed to the volcano god.
<p>

"Moreover, when on the following night, much to his dismay, [Caesar] had a dream of raping his own mother, the soothsayers greatly encouraged him by their interpretations of it: namely, that he was destined to conquer the earth" - Suetonius, The Twelve Caesars - Julius Caesar, chapter 7</p>

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:49 am

But I disproved his existence! <p>-----

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">I think boobs are the lesser of two evils. - Inverse (Pervy)
Of course! Anything worth doing is worth doing completely wrong! - Travis English
Ultimately, wizards and clerics don't say, "Gee, I want to become a lich because weapons hurt less and I don't have to worry about being backstabbed; that whole 'eternal life' thing is just a fringe benefit."-Darklion
But this one time I killed a walrus with my bare hands, and I suddenly understood spherical coordinates. - KnightsofSquare
Also, when you've worked a 36-hour shift as an intern you too just might pour yourself a catful of coffee and sit down to cuddle with your travel mug. -eirehound
</span>

Adventurers! | RPG World World | The Phantom Lord's OT Board mkII | Indie Madnesse | Brotherhood of Elitist Bastards</p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:12 am

I vote that this is a serious discussion, hence why it's in the discussion forum. :( <p>
</p>

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:33 am

Okay. My opinion? ezBoard should implement CSS. That way, everything will be easier to change around. But it doesn't, because they're backwards troglodytes. <p>-----

</span>

Vampire Jester Jinx

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:46 am

PINK! ........Perhaps something more blue? Or cream with nifty other McColoringtons. <p><div style="text-align:center">

I rule the fanart forum with a fist of irony. .....I have nothing else witty to say. Or quote. I'm a sad person.</div></p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:52 am

We can use CSS. Due to being Gold and all. We do, to a very limited degree. I was planning to exploit it a great deal more on both the board and website if the colors were going to be changed around.

Also, the corn bullets were done with CSS.

I don't mind pink, so long as it's not pastel. I'm not sure if our board hasn't seen enough blues to last a while. <p>
</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=pdrydia>pd]&nbsp; Image at: 4/14/05 10:54

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:09 am

Quote:
PINK! ........Perhaps something more blue? Or cream with nifty other McColoringtons.

That's why I said delicate shades of pink and blue.

I think we should keep the blue. I, for one, have come to associate the board with shades of blue, and psychologists have found that blue (and in particular Robin's Egg Blue) has a very calming and uplifting effect on a person's mood.
<p>

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:19 am

Quote:
and psychologists have found that blue (and in particular Robin's Egg Blue) has a very calming and uplifting effect on a person's mood.

Ah, so that's why we get posts about hugging kittens all the time!

Also, colored text on a black background has been shown to produce less eyestrain than black text on a non-black background on a monitor. <p>-----

</span>

Adventurers! | RPG World World | The Phantom Lord's OT Board mkII | Indie Madnesse | Brotherhood of Elitist Bastards</p>Edited by: Zemyla&nbsp; Image at: 4/14/05 11:22

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:25 am

Are you sure? Cause all those websites with black backgrounds and bright letters really cause my eyes to sting after a while.

In other news: "Using Blue: A deep royal blue or azure conveys richness and perhaps even a touch of superiority. Navy blue is almost black and is a bit warmer than lighter blues. Combine a light and dark blue to convey trust and truthfulness — banker's colors. Although blue is a year-round color, pastel blues, especially along with pinks and pale yellows suggest Springtime while deep blue is a colder weather color. Create a conservative but sophisticated look with subtle contrast by combining light and dark shades of blue."

From http://desktoppub.about.com/cs/colorsel ... p/blue.htm <p>

Lauritz Melchior

Unread postby Lauritz Melchior » Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:37 pm

I personally like the blues in this forum.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:37 pm

I have to agree somewhat with Gus on the light letters/dark backgrounds thing. And I also like the current color scheme, though I'll probably like whatever ends up getting chosen anyway. :D <p>

"Never let your morals get in the way of doing what is right" - Salvor Hardin
</p>

JasonAB17

Unread postby JasonAB17 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:37 pm

I like the blue, but I'm also curious about this CSS thing or whatever. Cuz I've never seen it that I'm aware of.

... Anything on black would remind me of Physis. Which is bad. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Ganonfro

Unread postby Ganonfro » Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:02 pm

I prefer more black or darker blue, perhaps. Anything but white, to be honest. Since white BURNS MY EYES. ;_; But since red is kind of harsh looking on Black...

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:20 pm

Leave it the way it is. <p>

Image</p>

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:21 pm

I like the current colors, myself. Don't have any ideas to improve upon them, I'm afraid. What do you have in mind, our Dia? <p>---------------------------

Your are not supposed to be reading this!</p>

E Mouse

Unread postby E Mouse » Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:04 pm

I'm fine with it as it is, really.

Then again, I'm not one to ask on matters of appearance. :( <p>-------

E'S QUOTE OF THE WHENEVER:

"I'm here to burn the lollipops."</p>

kiduf

Unread postby kiduf » Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:35 pm

^^; Red and black makes me hot. If I'm not swamped with homework and... *cough*... commitments... in the near future, I'll think up a possible red and black design.

Dark back and light texts are hawt too, though. Very hawt. =D <p>Go to http://www.gamingbliss.net! Pants for all![/b]</p>

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:41 pm

Never speak ever again. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">What's wrong with this ring?!</div></p>

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:51 pm

I like the current colors aswell.

But if you'd like suggestions?
EXAMPLES:

The line through the colors mean the actual readable font color.

And good lord, not black and red.
It started killing my eyes after a while. <p><div style="text-align:center">
</div></p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=dragonmistressscv>DragonMistressSCV</A]&nbsp; Image at: 4/14/05 20:51

kiduf

Unread postby kiduf » Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:00 pm

*speaks*

Hey, red and black can be nice, when used stylistically... not that thrown together abomination from April Fools.

=P

Edit: Or stylishly. Whichever is actually right. <p>Go to http://www.gamingbliss.net! Pants for all![/b]</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kiduf>kiduf</A] at: 4/14/05 21:16

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:20 pm

No, they can't.

Also, those green tones are spiffy! <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div>

</p>

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:32 pm

Greens the color of inspiration. I like those. <p>

<div style="text-align:center">
Nekogami Character Pantheon--Deviant Art Gallery--LiveJournal</div>
<span style="font-size:xx-small;">Words to live by:
OMG PRIAM: ninja sex would be neither felt nor seen by either partner
OMG PRIAM: each would just suddenly need a smoke
Choark: Good luck there. You'll have to shit out darkness and send people into oblivion.</span></p>

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:37 pm

Black and red will forever remind me of those retarded DBZ boards.
You know, the ones with 30 different subforums!
<p><div style="text-align:center">
</div></p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=dragonmistressscv>DragonMistressSCV</A]&nbsp; Image at: 4/14/05 21:57

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:43 am

Red + black = ANGST. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:56 am

What I hade in mind were some greens or purples along the lines of what DM put up. I'm really tired of blue. :( <p>
</p>

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:03 am

Green > purple, for forum purposes. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:06 am

Yeah, I figured people would be more receptive to green. :0 <p>
</p>

JasonAB17

Unread postby JasonAB17 » Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:31 am

Green is keen.

Please don't shoot me. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:41 am

*Bes stays unshot*

I like green too... <p>--------------------
UT! No complaining! If you didn't want to be slaves, you should have told your parents to put up a less pitiful defense against the TIK'LA! Mm? Did any of you do that? I didn't think so...

-Bob the Angry Flower</p>

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Fri Apr 15, 2005 2:45 am

Maybe some new buttons aswell?
The current ones are keen, but wouldn't go with green (if it was changed to it) <p><div style="text-align:center">
</div></p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Fri Apr 15, 2005 2:49 am

Perhaps amabob!

Mebbe even new banners. ::00 <p>
</p>

Next

Return to Discussion Forum