RPGWW FAQ rough draft [update] feedback, commentary

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

pd Rydia

RPGWW FAQ rough draft [update] feedback, commentary

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:50 pm

[edit]

http://p068.ezboard.com/frpgww60462frm11.showMessage?topicID=841.topic

It's still open for editting and such. In fact, now that it's "official," I kind of expect people to start complaining, hence, I'd like to keep the commentary to this thread if possible, and edit the other accordingly.

Cheers,

-Dia-

[/edit]

If there were a RPGWW FAQ--that is, a single post to link to from the top of the forum in place of the current rules we have up there--what would you like to see on it?

This could include, but is in no way limited to:

-=- revisions to the rules at the top of the forum
-=- helpful links (such as to photobucket, et cetera)
-=- common questions to be addressed (including injokes)
-=- completely unrelated nonsense, just to keep it interesting and/or the uninitiated on their toes/other digits
-=- origins, stuff about the site, or whatever
-=- quick links to yalogank and con pictures, mebbe; maybe directories of RPGWWers devart/LJ/whatever accounts¿
-=- la la la and llamas too

And you know.

I have a rough draft of the FAQ, which a few people have seen, but it's buried somewhere in my livejournal, and I'm lazy, and it sucks, and meh.

Post! The vulture-hatted keeper of corn demands it! <p>
<div style="text-align:center">"Pants are bad!!! We should wear pants only on our head you conformist bastard!!! Pants are the devils work!! Run freee!! And pantless!!!" -- Vulture</div>
</p>Edited by: pd Rydia&nbsp; Image at: 4/12/05 3:14

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Re: RPGWW FAQ

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:00 am

I have one suggestion.

Break the formula.

Don't let it be all Q and A the whole way through. Mix it up a little. Don't know how you can do that, but do that. Makes it funnier. <p>--------------------
UT! No complaining! If you didn't want to be slaves, you should have told your parents to put up a less pitiful defense against the TIK'LA! Mm? Did any of you do that? I didn't think so...

-Bob the Angry Flower</p>

Kai
Fighting the Iron Law of Oligarchy Since 2006

Unread postby Kai » Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:04 am

The directory idea is interesting, and I know I'd enjoy it.
There should also definitely be a link to the RP boot camp. Or seven. Or twelve. I read through it when I was combing the site a while ago, and appreciated its presence. It would be great if it were a little easier to find. <p>-------------------------
Wise man say, "forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

"It's like that old Scandinavian saying. You can lead a herring to water, but you have to walk real fast or you'll DIE."
--Rose:The Golden Girls</p>

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:08 am

Wasn't a similiar project attempted when we still had the ill-fated Newbie forum? <p>---------------------------

Your are not supposed to be reading this!</p>

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:05 am

RPGWW chat aim link. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:27 am

I don't see what was so bad about the newbie forum. It just didn't have well-enforced rules.

Also, Priam: Some places block AIM. :(

Also, Dia: I demand you keep the comment about me in there. It's essential, and the most important fact! <p>
<hr width="70%"><center>
This month's "Transformer of the Month" is Grimlock in a Santa hat! He's quite jolly.</center></p>

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:13 am

Which particular comment was this?

Also, perhaps a brief rundown on commonplace characters in CIs. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:22 pm

Yep. D:

[edit]

Note: I've dug up the old FAQ rough draft thingie I made.

I'd rather not post it until everyone posts up their ideas, cuz I'd rather people not feel restricted to the format of what I've written.

Cuz it's totally flexible, and stuff. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">"Pants are bad!!! We should wear pants only on our head you conformist bastard!!! Pants are the devils work!! Run freee!! And pantless!!!" -- Vulture</div>
</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=pdrydia>pd]&nbsp; Image at: 3/15/05 15:26

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:50 pm

Is this that FAQ with the comment about how it's our jobs to be mean to people because that was the best thing ever. <p><Chat> <Matto says, "What's up?"
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Angst."
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Drama."
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Betrayal."
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Plushies."</p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:10 pm

Any other suggestions for this, before I put a rough draft thingy up? D:

Anything at all? Like. Actual questions, or advice, or rantings, or whatever. Even if you don't think I'll include it, just to get me thinking. <p>
</p>

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:15 pm

EXPLAIN WHAT IN THE HELL YALOGANK STANDS FOR KTHX <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div>

</p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:18 pm

NEVAR!!!!11111111111oNEcheezekitten7epi¿!?1Pervysmells12345disco <p>
</p>

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Sun Mar 20, 2005 3:21 am

Pervy told me what it means =D

Unfortunately, I completely forgot. Oops! <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sun Mar 20, 2005 3:28 am

Pervy supposedly has completely forgotten, too.

Unless I told him a second time?

I forgot. <p>
</p>

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:35 pm

Krichevkoy :( <p>---------------------------

pd Rydia

Re: rough draft lolz

Unread postby pd Rydia » Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:04 pm

MORE EDITERINGS COMING. :[

<table border=4 cellpadding=4 cellspacing=4><tr><td bgcolor="#ffffff" width="30%"><big>====================================<font color=white>==</font>
<font color=white>=</font>Rules, insofar as we have them established:
====================================
</big></td><td></td></tr><tr><td colspan=2><ul>[1] Don't be an asshat. We're not trying to be a big, warm, fuzzy community where everyone loves and admires everyone else, but please do put a little effort at some basic respect for one another.

[2] Please understand that there is a manner to 'how we work' and to some degree, you'll need to learn and fit into this. This is doubly true for RPing. Be observant. Also, check out the sticky threads; they're stickied for a reason.

[3] When using images, please don't link them from sites without permission. Besides the rudeness, it can get you [b]globally banned[/b] from ezBoard. Try hosting your images on photobucket instead.

[4] Note that RPGWW prides itself on intelligent use of the English language. Many could rant on this at great length, but suffice to say that the better your control of the language, (A!) the easier it will be to read what you write, (B!) the more willing people will be to read what you have to say, (C!) the more intelligent you will come off, and so on and so forth. Thus, we all win!

• On a similar note, shorthand in the forum tends to send many RPGWWers off into frothing rages, and thus is discouraged. Please, think of their blood pressure.</ul></td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#ffffff"><big>====================================
<font color=white>=</font>Sooooo...what is RPGWW?
</big></td><td></td></tr><tr><td colspan=2><ul>It's a community. Made of people.

That's it.

We're based largely around this ezBoard forum--this's our base, if you like. From here, we plan our strategic military stri--ermhm. Actually, we mostly laze about and post. We also spill over into AIM chat (RPGWW Chat), and have been known to travel great geographical distances in order to chat each other up and laze about in strange and new settings! Further, we keep a website on which to store information and we also run a satellite forum called the RP Bootcamp.

Through our myriad means of communication, there's discussion of varying seriousness and topics, a bit of an art and writing scene, as well as spam and whatnot (that's random nonsense, not random advertisements). There's also a fair bit of RPing, or roleplaying, conducted on and off the board.

RPGWW began back in the day--oh-so-very long ago!--as one and the same with the keenspace UBB of IanJ's RPG World Comic (rpgworldcomic.com). We have since made the progression to a separate ezBoard forum, which he links from his comic page as his official RPing community. And now you know where "RPGWW" comes from, and why we link RPGW. And knowing is half the battle! *G.I. Joooe~*</ul></td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#ffffff"><big>====================================
<font color=white>=</font>I don't wanna RP!
</big></td><td></td></tr><tr><td colspan=2><ul>'Kay. Here's some basic guidelines for general board conduct.

-=MISC=-

• "It helps to be a kind and thoughtful person, willing to admit your own mistakes and forgive those of others. As with most things in life." -- MechanistoX
• If you revive an old post, make sure there's a good reason for it. Needless thread necromancy irks many.
• You may request custom postranks. The ideal request is a thread in Kotoki's or Testing, and contains specifically what you want. Please, please do not ask RPGWW at large, or the admins, to think up your custom postrank. There's a good chance you will NOT like what you get.

-=ENGLISH AND GRAMMAR LOLZ=-

By and large, we're self-proclaimed bastards about English. However, we're at our worst in the RP subforums; in others, think of the standard as that of daily speech. The important thing is to be comprehensible. Keep in mind that if several people begin to tell you they can't understand what you are writing, then something's wrong.

-=FORUM DIVISIONS: NON RP=-

• Kotoki's Bar and Inn - Old reference. Here be random whatnot--be careful about taking this stuff seriously. Modded with impunity~! And gravies, sometimes.
• Discussion Forum - This is not a flame forum; conduct yourself appropriately, if'n ye would.
• Testing - This forum would be superfluous, if we weren't all lazy fucks. Things are tested in here.
• Fanart and Miscellaneous* - If it's a creation, and it's not in text format, it goes here. Much of this is RPGWW fanart, but promoting other art is fine as well.
• Fanfiction and other Writings* - A place for written work. The majority of the writings in here are actually background stories for RP characters, although all types of writings are welcome.
• The Unspoken Forum* - We don't talk about it much. Except when we do. The place for discussions and art with mature themes (violence, nudity, et cetera). This is a hidden forum, and access must be requested and granted to see it from the main forum.

<ul>* Within the Fanart, Fanfiction, and Unspoken forums, if you don't credit the artwork(s) you post, it will be assumed to be yours. Make sure to give proper credit. Also, by posting your work in any of these forums it is assumed you are open to critique. If you are not willing to take critique then put a large, blatant disclaimer at the top of your post.</ul>
• Spam Shrine - Archived spam threads. Contact an admin or appropriate mod if you'd like a thread shrined.
• The Rest™ - Archived threads that aren't quite spam or RPs. Contact an admin or appropriate mod if you'd like a thread archived.</ul></td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#ffffff"><big>====================================
<font color=white>=</font>I wanna RP!
</big></td><td></td></tr><tr><td colspan=2><ul>'Kay. Some basic guidelines:

-=MISC=-

• Talk with your GMs and other RPers. Really.
• Always ask before posting to an RP. Many are not open for new RPers.
• New RPs or plots don't crop up every day, every week, or necessarily every month. However, CIRPs (character interaction RPs) can be fairly easily put together for the sake of a new RPer, if needed.
• Post to your RPs. If you can think of nothing else, a one-liner to let your GM know you're alive is good enough.
• Spend a little time browsing some old RPs, lurking in some RP chats, listening to tales of old events or characters. It's a handy way to get to learn about settings, major characters, RPs, RPers, and the community in general.

-=POST LENGTH=-

Writing novels for each and every RP post is not necessary. Something is wrong if you're writing nothing but one- and two-liners, but writing 1-3 paragraphs each post is normal for an ongoing story. Obviously, the more genuine content you can write the better, but don't just repeat yourself or add in useless fluff for the sake of making your post longer.

As for one-liners, sometimes it's all you can respond with, or it's better for the GM than responding with nothing. Try to keep them down to a minimum, obviously, but don't be afraid to use them if the alternative is not posting at all.

-=I NEEDS A CHARACTER!=-

Mmkay. [1] First thing to consider before making your character is in what setting are you going to RP him or her. If it's an established world, you'll need to learn about it. There's information up on the [b]site[/b] for this purpose, and it's recommended that you check out what's relevant to your character. If the world in question is [b]Gaera Main[/b]--which has quite a lot established--be sure to at least browse some of the more important pages, such as [b]maps[/b] and the information on the [b]races[/b] you're interested in. You don't need to memorize the entire guide, but do make some effort to look things over.

[2] Secondly, consider what system you're going to use. [b]Freestyle[/b]? [b]Philsys[/b]? [b]Window[/b]? Again, information and links reside on the [b]website[/b]. If you really aren't sure, freestyle is always a fair place to start.

[3] Thirdly, you can check the [b]Character Closet[/b]. This subforum has relevant links, questions, and plenty of example characters. You may also ask questions and get help with adjusting your character to the new setting.

[4] Remember that you can always, always hop on AIM and invite yourself to [b]RPGWW Chat[/b]. From here you can find someone to help you hash out the details of a potential character to better fit them into the world or system of your choice.

-=ENGLISH AND GRAMMAR LOLZ=-

In the end, the goal is to write to the utmost of your ability. A few typos and errors here and there aren't out of the ordinary, but consistant problems might get pineapple bombs set in your postrank. You never know.

Outside of special circumstances--such as excerpts from Proffesor Wigglebottom's chemistry notes--RP posts should read like excerpts from novels. Shorthand will get you seriously strangled. :[

-=FORUM DIVISIONS: RP=-

• Gaera Main RPs - All RPs posted in this forum take place in and effect the same SETTING, and that is [b]Gaera Main[/b]. This is the "main" RP world of RPGWW that has developed over time through contributions of various RPGWWers, past and present.
• Other RPs - All Rps that take place in any other setting go here. For instance, there are "alternate future" (or "what if...?") versions of Gaera, Elemaer, and any number of one-shots.
• Character Closet - Character sheets. By relation, general discussion about characters or RPing systems (this includes freestyle).</li>
• OOC RP Discussion - RP-related, out-of-character discussion not covered in the CC; brainstorming, RP recruitment, "You RP like a cow, (by the way, post to the RP fucko)," et cetera.
• RP Shrine - We archive RPs here. Copies should also be up on the website. If you would like something in here, vote for it in the [b]OOC forum sticky thread[/b].

-=I'M NOT SURE...=-

If you have the presence of mind to question whether or not you're able to RP to our standards, then likely you are able to. It's less about experience and more about common sense, really.

However, if you really, really would like a bit of help or somesuch, you have some options.

• You can post some questions up in the [b]OOC (out of character) subforum[/b], and receive answers from the forum at large.
• If you would like a quicker, more immediate response, you can hop on AIM and see about joining [b]RPGWW Chat[/b]. Alternately, you can download a non-AIM client such as GAIM/Trillian and invite yourself to the chatroom.
• There's also the option of the RP Bootcamp, where experienced RPers from RPGWW are willing to help those who wish to improve their RPing. The bootcamp is also open to established RPGWWers who would like to brush up on anything specific, such as GMing.</ul></td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#ffffff"><big>====================================
<font color=white>=</font>FFS PITFALLS--Yours and Ours
</big></td><td></td></tr><tr><td colspan=2><ul>-=HAY EVERY1 ASL?=-

... :[

-=BANJOOIE/FLAMINGDETH/SHINIGORI/SUPERRUBE/UNCLE PERVY IS SO MEAN TO ME=-

I think that's their job. You can try bitching back at them. Death threats, however, seem largely ineffective. Especially via email.

-=HUWAH, MY POWER LEVEL IS ¿75e384pi6523!8i4628kittens!=-

No, please. :[

Power balance, yo. Typical Ayenee-esque amount of skills needed to keep oneself from being killed by a passing 9-year-old saiyajin with a long thin Destruction (that took quite a lot to type!) is simply not needed at RPGWW. In fact, it kinda fucks things up. Plenty of example characters up on the character closet to look at for balance ideas, and lots of folks in chat and whatnot who are willing to help you out in that department if'n ye ask.

-=ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE >:!=-

S'cool. You may wish to explain this, if you think it'll be a problem. Or you can just slap someone with a virtual fish if they harrass you about your English a bit much.

Oh, and [insert Malta joke here].

-=SOMEONE GAVE ME A MEAN POSTRANK :(=-

That happens a lot. As I mentioned previously, when requesting a postrank, don't ask RPGWW at large/the admins to make up a postrank for you. Doing this is going to get you stuck with what you get stuck with, for however long it pleases the admins. I, in particular, am the biggest culprit of unwanted postranks. It's a gigantic pet peeve. You're warned.

You can also incur "mean postranks" from doing something stupid or out of voluntary participation in postrank wars. No one's going to sympathize with much of either of these.

-=OFUCK POWER ABUSE=-

Mods may edit with impunity. Admins reserve the right to ban you (and each other) for 1d4 hours at whim. We do these sorts of things. Learning to laugh it off is a good idea.

-=YOU ARE SO FUCKING ELITIST=-

If by that you mean we have standards, then yes.

Again: don't be an asshat. People tend to treat you the way you treat them, with important influencing factors, such as your track record and the effort you put into your posts.</ul></td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#ffffff"><big>====================================
<font color=white>=</font>Links ta read!
</big></td><td></td></tr><tr><td colspan=2><ul>Are you still reading this? :0

Okay! There are various threads and other links we keep around and about. The information contained in them don't need to be in here, but it wouldn't hurt to compile them here!

Sticky threads will not be linked here because of repetitiveness. You should know what they are and what they're there for, anyhow. :[

-=NON RP LINKS=-

• RPGWW Home - The website!
• Search Engine - Search RPGWW. RPGWW gets re-indexed about twice a month.
• Site Map - The site map. Not always freshly up to date.
• Meets/ - Various stuff from RPGWW get-togethers. Photos, scans, wav files, and the sort.
• Yalogank/ - Yalogank. Screenshots and the sort.
• Random Idiocy Oekaki - An independent Oekaki board run by DMSCV. A lot of RPGWWers chillax and doodle here.
• RPGWW Flash Game - by Choark.

-=RP LINKS=-

• RP Bootcamp - If you need to brush up on any one or combination of your RPing, GMing, or writing skills, this is the place.
• The Elemaer Character Thread - Characters for the world of Elemaer.
• A System for Second Gen - While the window is not the only system used for Second Gen RPs (Gaera circa 1335, as of the time of this post), this post explains the adjusted window system commonly used to run RPs within RPGWW. There are also example character sheets.</ul></td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#ffffff"><big>====================================
<font color=white>=</font>DIRECTOMON<s>D</s>GO
</big></td><td></td></tr><tr><td colspan=2><ul>We spread across the internet, like a disease. Or, you know. Whatever. You can find us around and about. On Deviantart and livejournal and stuff. Below are some usernames for the aforementioned, with corresponding RPGWW usernames in parenthesis if not obvious otherwise.

• DA: almondmoose (Waldorfnikki), bunnygirle26, ChibiUrusai (SALSAlys), Choark, ChocolateKitsune (Jean), dmscv, Endaso (Crawling Reshiki), Fern-chan, Ganonfro, glu-glu (ikozaedro), hali, HEYsoos (Just Damn Evil), Jak-Snide, jesterlex, KakitaKi, Lithaladhwen (Kai), NebulaMastermind, nekogami, NeoPhoenixTE, NickShogun, Raishilliah, Seaniel (Sean, More SNs than God), smartz118, SuperRube, swedishchef (ChristianC), TheWaiFencer, tiny-harddrive, TromKehra, xaq10r (Will Rennar), wkz

• LJ: _r (Ross/Blaze), ajil6, archmage_brian, banjooie, bebiend (Reshiki), besyanteo, blue_moose (Waldorfnikki), brainwalker, capntastic, choark, combatchimp0 (Spleen), dmscv, dukebrit (Suicidal Sprite), ebilfff, ekds5k, flamingdeth, ganonfro, godofrock (Nick Shogun), kaisharga (Priam), kinspirit (ChristianC), kuri_asahi (Raishilliah), la_chibi (SALSAlys), molokidan, nakibe, namagomimk0, nebulaqueen, nekogami, neophoenixte, omgdirtylex, pdrydia, psychowarden (Will Baseton), reiayanamieva00, ryuuzoku_aya (LDC), shinigori, smartz85, sorayuy, sorbus (Rowan), squareknight (Koss), squintzaltec, superrube, tehkev (Argus), tinydonkey (Tiny_Hardrive), tromkehra, valkyrieshan (Shantastic Shannarro), virginia_fell (Kai), will_rennar, wolfbelly, xaq (Will Rennar), yarikoneko</ul></td></tr></table> <p>
</p>Edited by: pd Rydia&nbsp; Image at: 4/12/05 2:54

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:10 pm

Help slimming minimizing the wording would be awesome. Because this is hefty.

- several links to the bootcamp added (I think 3?) [Kai]
- reworded RPGW/W origins [Neb]
- BROKEN THE FORMULA [Cha]
- directoried
- RPGWW chat aim link [Priam'd]
- Fd's comment [FD]

"Also, perhaps a brief rundown on commonplace characters in CIs." [Priam] DENIED. I actually had a good reason for this, actually, worded neat and stuff, but I totally forgot. We attempted this once. And, character descripts became outdated, people didn't post, characters left, people didn't read it, etc etc. :{{{ <p>
</p>

Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Unread postby Spleen » Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:19 pm

Were there sharks, though?

Also: I am humbled by the super-informity of your words. We need one of these. If I had a mind this morning (stayed up till 4 with my cousins...heeeee...), I'd comment more. <p>__-__-__-__-__-__

"I'm just a guy with a boomerang. I didn't ask for all this flying, and this magic..."
-Sokka, Avatar

"Screw normal, because if you're normal, the crowd will accept you, but if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader."
-Christopher Titus</p>

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:12 pm

We are like a plauge!
I can't think of anything else to add, honestly. It has all been summed up rather well. <p><div style="text-align:center">
</div></p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:29 pm

I'm afraid they're likely to stay. :[ They might change colors, mebbe. But they make it incredibly easy to scroll between header to header, and break up the huge mass of text.

Working on slimming down the text, since no one made any suggestions. :'[ Sad face.

Thanks for feedback, alls. :o

[edit] I can't get the RP section small enough. u_u But slimmed down some wordings. May have fucked up some grammar in the meantime. I'll proofread later, I guess.

For those who would like to help:

I'm specifically looking for ways to simplify and make this more concise. I'm a wordy person. Wordy McWordison, that's what they used to call me. Back in the day, I was aworded awords for using the most words in the school's wording bee.

Err, I mean.

I think this will get more use the quicker and simpler it is to read. :( So. Those who can help me slim it down for the sake of concise...ness. <p>
</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=pdrydia>pd]&nbsp; Image at: 3/27/05 23:58

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:15 am

I must admit, I don't like the white headers... <p>--------------------
UT! No complaining! If you didn't want to be slaves, you should have told your parents to put up a less pitiful defense against the TIK'LA! Mm? Did any of you do that? I didn't think so...

-Bob the Angry Flower</p>

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:42 am

Looks good to me, go Dia! <p>
No man can be judged a failure if he has friends. - It's a Wonderful Life</p>

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:44 am

I would argue that wordy = good in this case. <p>---------------------------

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:15 am

Yeah, because it'll compel people to read it if you use as many words as possible. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div>

</p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:02 am

Knew it would.

How big is that on other monitors? It's 5 pages on mine, with my normal maximized browser (multitabs, row of bookmarks, and double thick systray =O). I can see the first three headers together on one page, if not quite all three sections, which are probably the most important sections for lil' newbs and newbettes?

I'm not sure about the RP links. >.> Most of those are just stickied threads--seems damn redundant to relist all of them... <p>
</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=pdrydia>pd]&nbsp; Image at: 3/30/05 2:03

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:29 am

I'd think that it'd be preferable to skipping things. <p>---------------------------

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:33 am

Conciseness =/= skipping. o_o <p>
</p>

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:42 am

"-=BANJOOIE/FLAMINGDETH/SHINIGORI/SUPERRUBE/UNCLE PERVY IS SO MEAN TO ME=-

I think that's their job. You can try bitching back at them. Death threats, however, seem largely ineffective. Especially via email."

This gets the Shini seal of approval. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">What's wrong with this ring?!</div></p>

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:22 am

Hmn. For the links, make a note to read all the stickies, with a short summary of what info can be found in them? Not a summary of each thread, mind, so much as "important RP info can be found here blah blah blah." As for non-sticky links, they can be included with the blurb "here are some non sticky threads, that still have some important information." <p>

"My naturally quivering state makes any display of fear deliciously arbitrary" - Manowar Leader, Scary-Go-Round</p>

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:55 am

It's 3 pages on mine at 1280 x 1024. <p>

"Never let your morals get in the way of doing what is right" - Salvor Hardin
</p>

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:47 pm

Be mindful that some sticky threads are fucking huge. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:59 pm

Also tell people not to go digging through the forum for posts to resurrect. It's bad taste. <p>-----
Do not taunt Happy Fun Zemyla.

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">I think boobs are the lesser of two evils. - Inverse (Pervy)
Dammit, Dan, I'm not dating a damn NPC! - OOC Will (Will Baseton)
Of course! Anything worth doing is worth doing completely wrong! - Travis English
Ultimately, wizards and clerics don't say, "Gee, I want to become a lich because weapons hurt less and I don't have to worry about being backstabbed; that whole 'eternal life' thing is just a fringe benefit."-Darklion
But this one time I killed a walrus with my bare hands, and I suddenly understood spherical coordinates. - KnightsofSquare</span>

Adventurers! | RPG World World | The Phantom Lord's OT Board mkII | Indie Madnesse | Brotherhood of Elitist Bastards</p>

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:52 pm

Six pages at 1024x768 in Safari, maximized, with the tab/bookmark bars, but I wouldn't count on anyone else anywhere using that setup. I'll read through and critique it better at some later point. <p>
<hr width="70%"><center>
This month's "Transformer of the Month" is Grimlock in a Santa hat! He's quite jolly.</center></p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:13 pm

Zem: It wouldn't hurt to remind our regulars that a post revived isn't a horrible thing, if it's worth reviving. People seem to jump all over revived posts for the hell of bitching. <p>
</p>

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:19 am

After all, that's what we mods and admins are for: to make sure polls on page 19 out of 20 don't incessantly stand at the top of the list.

Oh yeah, and for curbing bad/illegal behavior. That too. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:54 am

You have me wondering. What is this FD-quote of legend? Is it still in there, somewhere, lurking in wait for its next victim? <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:28 am

"-=BANJOOIE/FLAMINGDETH/SHINIGORI/SUPERRUBE/UNCLE PERVY IS SO MEAN TO ME=-

"I think that's their job. You can try bitching back at them. Death threats, however, seem largely ineffective. Especially via email."

That, you mean? <p>
</p>

Lauritz Melchior

Unread postby Lauritz Melchior » Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:07 pm

Heh, "Don't be an asshat." reminds me of something that a friend of mine once said. He was talking about how he'd come up with the greatest way of insulting people after he got into college. Just combine a body part with an article of clothing. The only insult that I actually remember is "anus bowtie". Still, it reminded me of this great old highschool friend. Hilarious guy. Class clown. Everybody loved him. Brilliant pianist. Way too much testosterone.

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:51 pm

Yeah, that. I just now realized that we're alphabetized. Nifty!

Also: Lauritz is such an appendix sock. :( <p>
<hr width="70%"><center>

Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Unread postby Spleen » Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:14 pm

Shut up, gallbladder tuxedo. <p>__-__-__-__-__-__

"I'm just a guy with a boomerang. I didn't ask for all this flying, and this magic..."
-Sokka, Avatar

"Screw normal, because if you're normal, the crowd will accept you, but if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader."
-Christopher Titus</p>

Return to Discussion Forum