What gets your dickenses aflame?

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

RebelKitsune

What gets your dickenses aflame?

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:33 pm

What I mean to say is, what really ticks you off, big time?

This is really just an excuse to rant, as I'm really sick of my brother's stupid attitude towards me. Feel free to answer the question though! It will help me by possibly making my situation feel a little less utterly nerve twistingly aggrevating. :D

So. My brother has a girlfriend. She's a really really nice person, and I mean it. I talk to her frequently, she's great to have discussions with... but when it comes to "discussing" with my brother, they both take the cake. I share my 5 x 9 m. large room with my brother who's 3 years older than me, and every night his girlfriend calls him for a lovely little chat. More often than not, my brother's side of the conversation over the phone is more than bearable.

<span style="color:red;">BUT.</span>

At times, they find it hard to agree with one another. This is when things get really ugly. She gets pissed off over absolutely nothing, he's the most pushy, nosey and insistent person I know, she overreacts, he overreacts, and I have to bear listening to his mumbling complaints from the side of my ear as I calmly go about my business.

There's a whole lot more I want to rant about my brother, but there's so much stuff going through my head right now it's hard to compose my thoughts. I just hate it how he's so annoying in so many ways, then he is the one who gets annoyed at the slightest thing I do. It's the perfect recipe for "poached pain in the ass."

I wish my dad would set his goddamn priorities straight and finish work on our new house so we can bloody well move out of this goddamn sardine tin and I can have my own room where I can have some well deserved peace. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image
<span style="color:navy;font-family:century gothic;font-size:large;">LOSER!!!1!!1!WTFLOL!1</span>
<span style="font-family:century gothic;font-size:x-small;">"Griff. It is a duck. Do not punch it.
No kicking, either.
It might have powers." ~ Kylitos</span>
</div></p>

Uncle Pervy

Re: What gets your dickenses aflame?

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:29 pm

Lace her food with surprises.

Or make her cook. <p>---------------------------

Your are not supposed to be reading this!</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=unclepervy@rpgww60462>Uncle] at: 3/22/05 18:29

JasonAB17

Unread postby JasonAB17 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:47 pm

James's wife seems to hate my mother's and sister's cooking. She will eat when Dad and I cook. Even when we cook things with noodles in the, (she hates noodles, and calls them the "food of the fat people") But she won't eat when my mother cooks. Especially not if my mother prepares osmething special for her, native Guatemalan dishes and such.

It makes me want to pop her pretty little head off her pretty little neck. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Vampire Jester Jinx

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:57 pm

DO EET! Food of the fat people indeed! <p><div style="text-align:center">

I rule the fanart forum with a fist of irony. .....I have nothing else witty to say. Or quote. I'm a sad person.</div></p>

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:09 pm

Humanity. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">What's wrong with this ring?!</div></p>

RebelKitsune

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:28 pm

My love of noodles proves her wrong, for calling me fat implies that you have brain hemorrhage! <p><div style="text-align:center">Image
<span style="color:navy;font-family:century gothic;font-size:large;">LOSER!!!1!!1!WTFLOL!1</span>
<span style="font-family:century gothic;font-size:x-small;">"Griff. It is a duck. Do not punch it.
No kicking, either.
</div></p>

JasonAB17

Unread postby JasonAB17 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:40 pm

... Actually, she does cook sometimes.

... And it's good stuff too. >_< <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:44 pm

All the time. <p>---------------------------

Your are not supposed to be reading this!</p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:27 pm

Hmmm...

I'm more likely to let things get to me if I'm leaning towards hypomania.

But I still hold a lot of bitterness toward the mass education of this country. Jean, you and I talked about this the other day.

Also, I get pretty irked at people who allow their kids to exposed to all sorts of violence, and think nothing of it, but flip the fuck out when someone even says the word "sex" around them.

People who change their mind based on popular opinion, media, et cetera. (i.e. Before 9-11, "Our country is the worst!" After 9-11, "Our country is the best!") It's one thing if they're very young, uneducated, et cetera. But when you get to be, you know, voting age, you should start researching things on your bloody own. :|

People who are asses about intellectual property--that is, who go to extremes. Both those like Anne McCaffrey, who are all "NONE SHALL WRITE FANFICTION OR DRAW FANART," and those who are all "Dude, art/literature/music is meant to be FREE! If someone releases it, you can do anything you want with it."

The first one is really the one that is most likely to actually get me significantly upset. The second will get a good rant, the third depends on my mood. The fourth makes me sad. :[ <p>
<div style="text-align:center">"Pants are bad!!! We should wear pants only on our head you conformist bastard!!! Pants are the devils work!! Run freee!! And pantless!!!" -- Vulture</div>
</p>

Vampire Jester Jinx

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:44 pm

Stalkers upset me, and give me the "my boobies ain't full of wires" heeby jeebies. <p><div style="text-align:center">

I rule the fanart forum with a fist of irony. .....I have nothing else witty to say. Or quote. I'm a sad person.</div></p>

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:03 pm

..I demand an indepth explaination of that sort of Heebie-jeebies. <p>---------------------------

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:03 pm

Lex's comment would be thoroughly hilarious if I didn't know the context. Which I do, so it's no laughing matter. :( <p>
<hr width="70%"><center>
This month's "Transformer of the Month" is Grimlock in a Santa hat! He's quite jolly.</center></p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:19 pm

Pervy needs to read livejournals. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">"Pants are bad!!! We should wear pants only on our head you conformist bastard!!! Pants are the devils work!! Run freee!! And pantless!!!" -- Vulture</div>
</p>

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:22 pm

When livejournals stop being far worse for everything as a whole than better, I shall :( <p>---------------------------

Vampire Jester Jinx

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:28 pm

Copied and pasted for Pervy's understanding/enjoyment/fully explain my current anger inducing problem.

I have a motherfucking demi stalker I swear.

It all started out beginning of last semester when I was just a lab assistant, not in multimedia, and I worked a few shifts with a guy named Joseph. I found out he was a huge nerd, and casually invited him to a DND game. BIG MISTAKE! Long story short, game never went down, but Joseph kept up the pestering. OH THE PESTERING. He'd call and call...Got my fucking number from the staff directory. By this time I'd figured out, he's a pretty lousy person. He breathes like darth vader, and dresses like my grandfather. All he talks about is "Anime babes" as he calls it. He loves Chii. He loves Chii in a not right way. He likes the idea of robotic sex women. Scares the hell out of me, and why he'd think I want to know what gets him off? I start to avoid him. Avoid talking to him on shift. Ignore his existence for those few hours. Basically, I was a bitch, without going to any effort to dissuade him from bothering me.

Then I got transferred to Multimedia, and I only had to work one hour with Joseph a week. All is fine, until he MEMORIZES my work schedule and pops in to say hi, every shift change. If I was gone from work for whatever reason, he'd ask everyone in the department if I was ill, or what was the matter? He asked me out on several dates. His idea of asking was, "So I'm going to see this movie this weekened." Alexis ="Uh huh. e.e" Joseph="Sooooooooooo you're not going with me?" Alexis= "You didn't ask." Joseph=*Breathebreathescary* "Well?" Alexis="Sorry I kinda have plans." you'd think after consistant rejection he'd get the hint! He becomes the department joke, at the department Christmas party when he followed me persistanly around and pestered me the entire time. It's very damn noticable by now, and everyone knows it.

I think, AHA, all is well! My schedule for next semester includes no Joseph! Life is grand! EGADS, there are two new HIRES for the multimedia lab and they need to be trained! One of which is Joseph. OH HELLS, I cry in indignation, PLEASE please I hope I do not have to train him! Thankfully. I do not. Poor poor Sontee has to train the bastard. I only have to work two hours with him a week. Apparantly this pisses Joseph off, that not only does he not get to be trained by me, but he doesn't get to work with me hardly at all despite transferring! ;_;

You know, I might think he was a decent person...somewhere in there, and maybe I'm a huge bitch.....If it weren't for the next bit. He refused to learn anything. And KNEW NOTHING. HOW he got hired into Mmedia I'll never know! He can't edit video! He can't edit photos, he can't even take proper digital photos. HE DIDN'T EVEN GRASP BASIC HTML. He couldn't even use Dreamweaver or motherfucking Frontpage!

But here's the kicker. He refused to learn. That would be okay, if someone had the intelligence, and was a quick learner. Or tried to learn at all! But he ignored Sontee. He'd sleep at his desk, claiming that "You just can't explain it right, I'll ask Alexis about it later, she says anything and it just MAKES SO MUCH SENSE!" He did JACK SHIT. He worked on the same work order, six weeks. He was in charge of inventory for one day of the week. Inventory takes 30 minutes if your dragging your everloving ass. HE TOOK FOUR HOURS. BECAUSE HE WOULD GET CONFUSED OR SLEEP. He was in charge of the easiest and most reoccuring work order we get, updating the News and Info part of the site, but uploading a news article. A COPY AND PASTE JOB. ADD A LINK. FTP TWO PAGES. HE FUCKING DESTROYED THAT ENTIRE PART OF THE SITE, AND SONTEE, EESHITA and I, had to spend three hours fixing his fuck up. When done properly, that takes FIVE MINUTES. But he still refused to do anything. He took four hours to scan FOUR SLIDES. I SCANNED 75 in that amount of time, because the work order he botched was GIVEN TO ME. HE'd sleep or annoy Sontee by either talking about me, or his dumb robotic women. Or something else insanely boring. It's pretty apparant that he transferred in, to be with me. But didn't like that he wasn't paired with me, and that you know, he had to do work.

I find things messed up in my file cabinet. We all have our own personal file cabinets. Sontee told me that Joseph told her, that I had given him permission to use mine. And had been going through my things. ......Sweet GOD MAN!

Finally my boss all but tosses him out. Reassigned him to do regular lab work, with only an hour of multimedia work. I REJOICE! YAY! SIX WEEKS OF HELL, AND MAKING ALL OF MMEDIA MISERABLE ARE OVER~ But he's doing it again. He's memorized my schedule and pops in all the time. He found out which apartment complex I'm at, because he heard Yaniv say he moved into the same one as me.

Here's what inspired my entry. Today he stops by. His voice fucking BREAKS like a prepubesant male when he squeeks, "Hi alexis!" (I swear he's like 26.) I'm all alone. He plops down at the chair next to me and starts to chatter on about spring break. I pointedly stare at my computer screen and grunt out that I'm converting the Physics website, it's rather taxing. I can't talk. Same old thing. He ignores. Then I look at him. He's staring pointedly at my godamn chest. Now it's a prominent chest, and I'm wearing a slightly low cut shirt today, but nothing to merit that.

Perhaps he just realized that just being near some boobs was the most mammary related action he'd gotten since babydom.

I asked him if he had a problem and he commented..."*Breathebreathedyingbreathe* Soooooooo Alexis.....didja go somewhere for spring break.....because you look so Fressssh and rested...Some place nice? Relaxed.....Oh yes, you look very fresh." He's still staring unblinkingly at my boobs. Fresh? WHAT THE HELL? Am I bread? Do I look stale the rest of the year? Am I not supposed to take that in the I want to bite your boobs sort of way?

I growl at him that I worked all spring break, and it's none of his business if I went anywhere. Thankfully, my friend Tara passes the door at that moment, and I give her a pleading look, she knows all about Joseph so she comes in. We begin talking about nothing, so I can pointedly ignore Joseph and leave him out of the conversation, and he leaves. He never stopped staring at my godamned breasts. HE'S SO FUCKING.......RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWR.

I went and told my bosses about it today. Apparantly they've already had to talk to him. o.o;;; I do hope something good comes out of that. 9_9;;; Ugh. Fresh <p><div style="text-align:center">

JasonAB17

Unread postby JasonAB17 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:56 pm

... Lex. They make Peper spray for this. And Restraining orders. Tell him to leave you alone, and be very blunt. Do this atleast three times.

When he inevitably ignores you, go to court. Tell them how he's been riflign through your things and going out of his way to interfere with your life. If they didn't give you the restraining order, it'd be a fucking scandal. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:35 pm

I like the blatant humiliation approach, myself.

You, my dear Alexis, have earned the right to play emasculating bitch with this jackanapes. If he bothers you again, loudly declare that he is to stop staring at your chest, as that is already BW's job, and that you have absolutely no interest in him. If he argues, begin to list why you have no interest in him. Draw a crowd! Get someone to take pictures. <p>---------------------------

JasonAB17

Unread postby JasonAB17 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:42 pm

... I'd complain, but then I realized that with Joseph's mindset, my and Pervy's route have abotu an equal chance of him committing suicide.

... Or, you know, threatening it so you'll pity him. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:06 pm

Oh yes. Pictures.

They don't have to be posted. He just needs to see the flash and hear the camera whir. <p>---------------------------

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:17 pm

He'd just think that she'd taken an interest in him. :(

Seriously, that guy is beyond fucked up.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:25 pm

I already suggested the restraining order.

I stand by my livejournal comment. Pervy knows why.

>:0 <p>
</p>

Kai
Fighting the Iron Law of Oligarchy Since 2006

Unread postby Kai » Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:27 am

Low-carb diets.

You have no idea how they hurt my soul and throw me into righteous vengeance mode. <p>-------------------------
Wise man say, "forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

"It's like that old Scandinavian saying. You can lead a herring to water, but you have to walk real fast or you'll DIE."
--Rose:The Golden Girls</p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:08 am

:D <p>
</p>

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:39 am

I highly approve of the switch back to "What pisses you off?".

Also, people who see problems and STOP. If something's keeping you from doing what you're attempting, then FIX EET. Or at least try. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:53 am

Humanity. <p>

RebelKitsune

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:14 am

Lex, that is royally fucked up. I'm not normally brash with people who annoy me, but if I was in a situation such as that I would have punched him, most probably. Although I seriously would go with what Jason and Pervy suggested. He sounds like a beetroot stain on the human race's plaid shirt. :(

I also concur with all of Dia's statements, as I have already discussed some with her, as she mentioned. Unfortunately I fit in the criteria of the third peeve, which makes me a sad sad puppy :( <p><div style="text-align:center">Image
No kicking, either.
</div></p>

Reako Somner
Always sleepy, never asleep

Unread postby Reako Somner » Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:36 am

Arrogance.

Now, I know I'm prone to arrogance at times, and usually get my comeuppance crash-and-burn for it, but the high-and-mighty attitude just really gets me. Luckily, there's been numerous cases where I've shot down people like this, beating them at thier own game, but it can really make you feel bad when you, instead, lose, despite trying your hardest, and continue to be downtrodden and spat upon. I hate my own arrogance too, as it sometimes happens when I'm overly proud of my accomplishments and insist on showing off; at the expense of others.

I'm not really sure where I'm going with this anymore. Ah well.

The other thing that can bother me is REALLY stupid people. Now, it's funny in Gunbound where thier extreme idiocy causes them to shoot themselves and fall off a cliff, but sometimes I wonder just how much brain damage the youth of the world plays at having. Hell, some adults are stupider than a fair deal of kids, too. Logic and reason does not work with these people, as you will often just recieve an audible "WAT", or "um i dont get it". Working in fast food, retail, and playing a large number of MMORPGs gave me quite a bit of experiance with these kind of people, and I often wonder how they make end's meet in the world with the common sense of a retarded dung beetle on speed. They aren't nearly as funny to watch as the former, either. Unless you toss them in a gimmick gameshow, at least.

Remember Yuppies vs Navy Seals, Pervy? :D

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:38 am

Liars. I'm not talking about the little stuff like "I didn't break that cup" or "I drank 14 shots in a row" or whatever, but the big stuff really infuriates me. Especially when I know it's not true. The worst kind of liar is someone who claims credit for another person's work. That's lying and theiving and it's just...immoral.

Also: people who act like they're god's gift to humanity. I love bursting their bubbles if I get a chance, because their arrogance and personalities just grate on mine.
<p>
No man can be judged a failure if he has friends. - It's a Wonderful Life</p>

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Mar 28, 2005 5:50 pm

Have to agree with Gus here about liars. If you think someone lies in a major way any sort of trust you had for them is shaken, if not destroyed entirely. One guy I know from university is like this; I regard everything he says sceptically since he's told big pork pies in the past.

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:07 pm

Pork pies.

This post has no relevance except reverence for that phrase. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:12 pm

One of the things that infuriates me the most is a person taking out their pain or anger on another person. Now, if you're touchy once in a while, and act like an ass, but actually regret it and make an effort to apologise and make things right if you snapped at someone, then that's not so bad. The important thing is that you realise you were an ass and you try to set things straight.

But when someone is unapologetic, and uses someone as their emotional punching bag just because they can...well, that's just not right.

There are also more things that really cheese my noodle, but I'll hold off on those. <p>

"My naturally quivering state makes any display of fear deliciously arbitrary" - Manowar Leader, Scary-Go-Round</p>Edited by: NebulaQueen at: 3/28/05 20:13

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:17 pm

Actually the usual and accepted format is "porkie pies", not "pork pies".
<p>

"Moreover, when on the following night, much to his dismay, [Caesar] had a dream of raping his own mother, the soothsayers greatly encouraged him by their interpretations of it: namely, that he was destined to conquer the earth" - Suetonius, The Twelve Caesars - Julius Caesar, chapter 7</p>

Lauritz Melchior

Unread postby Lauritz Melchior » Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:56 pm

One thing that got my dickenses aflame was the whole "Ban Spongebob Squarepants" incident. I don't actually know too much about it, and I don't watch Spongebob either, but some group felt that Spongebob was brainwashing our nation's children accepting homosexuality. It's a children's show! It should teach acceptance! I think that whatever group felt that this incident was important enough to protest either has their priorities skewed, or else has too much time on their hands. Probably both.

Reako Somner
Always sleepy, never asleep

Unread postby Reako Somner » Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:12 am

I used to have a really huge problem lying. I lost nearly all my origional internet friends, because I was a pathologial liar. Somehow, though, my friends at ADV! tried to help me stop doing it rather than shun me. God bless ya Daryl.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:42 am

Humanity. <p>

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:45 am

Hi, I'm Shini and I have nothing interesting to say. Repeatedly. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:50 am

Hey, people asked.

It comes from working in a video store. :( <p>

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:41 am

People who post one word responses to topics like this and do not provide any intellectual basis to back up their response.

That and people that enjoy using passive agressive techniques to get their way! This slightly edges out people that whine their motherfucking mouth off and wind up getting their way! People shouldn't be rewarded for being whiney bitches and wet blankets. <p>--------------------

"If I have to grab a man's ass, you can smile." -Tolaris</p>

Return to Discussion Forum