what the shit

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

pd Rydia

what the shit

Unread postby pd Rydia » Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:55 pm

http://www.nik-martin.com/terristatus/

It's a Terri Schiavo status Firefox extension. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">"Pants are bad!!! We should wear pants only on our head you conformist bastard!!! Pants are the devils work!! Run freee!! And pantless!!!" -- Vulture</div>
</p>

Zemyla

Re: what the shit

Unread postby Zemyla » Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:11 pm

When will it say "dead"? Because this is ridiculous. <p>-----
Do not taunt Happy Fun Zemyla.

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">I think boobs are the lesser of two evils. - Inverse (Pervy)
Dammit, Dan, I'm not dating a damn NPC! - OOC Will (Will Baseton)
Of course! Anything worth doing is worth doing completely wrong! - Travis English
Ultimately, wizards and clerics don't say, "Gee, I want to become a lich because weapons hurt less and I don't have to worry about being backstabbed; that whole 'eternal life' thing is just a fringe benefit."-Darklion
But this one time I killed a walrus with my bare hands, and I suddenly understood spherical coordinates. - KnightsofSquare</span>

Adventurers! | RPG World World | The Phantom Lord's OT Board mkII | Indie Madnesse | Brotherhood of Elitist Bastards</p>

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:25 am

Who the hell is Terri Schiavo? <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:35 am

This person. <p>

"Never let your morals get in the way of doing what is right" - Salvor Hardin
</p>

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:02 am

COCHRAN DEAD?!

This immediately grabbed my attention away from this whole thing and won't give it up for me to care about this braindead woman anymore. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">What's wrong with this ring?!</div></p>Edited by: Shinigori V2&nbsp; Image at: 3/30/05 5:44

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:05 am

See thread topic. I can't believe this is even news. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:43 am

That is a very good conclusion. *nod* <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:51 am

I think you're all missing the amusing point that, as fucked up as this firefox extention is, it's not even original; it was fucking adapted from another one designed to keep tabs on Abe Vigoda.

Still, Shiny has the most interesting post by far in this thread. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:48 pm

Who the hell is Abe Vigoda? <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:57 pm

I have to concur with BW. <p>---------------------------

Your are not supposed to be reading this!</p>

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:56 pm

I don't know about anyone else, but this article caught my attention even more. Telekinetic powers, dude. <p>
<hr width="70%"><center>
This month's "Transformer of the Month" is Grimlock in a Santa hat! He's quite jolly.</center></p>

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:18 am

God dammit, don't want to register. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:16 pm

She's dead. Does the extension concur? <p>

Image</p>

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:36 pm

Finally.

You know, the reason the Bush administration was fighting so hard to keep this brain-damaged woman alive is because brain-damaged people make up most of his electorate. <p>-----

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">I think boobs are the lesser of two evils. - Inverse (Pervy)
Of course! Anything worth doing is worth doing completely wrong! - Travis English
Ultimately, wizards and clerics don't say, "Gee, I want to become a lich because weapons hurt less and I don't have to worry about being backstabbed; that whole 'eternal life' thing is just a fringe benefit."-Darklion
But this one time I killed a walrus with my bare hands, and I suddenly understood spherical coordinates. - KnightsofSquare</span>

Adventurers! | RPG World World | The Phantom Lord's OT Board mkII | Indie Madnesse | Brotherhood of Elitist Bastards</p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:53 pm

Any electorate. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">"Pants are bad!!! We should wear pants only on our head you conformist bastard!!! Pants are the devils work!! Run freee!! And pantless!!!" -- Vulture</div>
</p>

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:21 pm

Point. <p>-----

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:31 pm

OK, I feel sorry for Ms. Schiavo, but for only two reasons.

A: It sucks to be braindead.

B: She got subjected to this media circus, even if she wasn't aware of it.

I'm just glad she can rest now. ... if ONLY I knew this issue would rest too... <p>--------------------
UT! No complaining! If you didn't want to be slaves, you should have told your parents to put up a less pitiful defense against the TIK'LA! Mm? Did any of you do that? I didn't think so...

-Bob the Angry Flower</p>

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:44 pm

Abe Vigoda.

Also, Chaz speaks with a big heart. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:48 am

Abe: Wow.

Chuck: I agree wholeheartedly.

Someone actually tried to discuss the whole Schiavo thing with me today--a customer. He was on the page of 'starving to death? how inhumane' and I was on the page of 'no politics while on the clock plzkthx.' <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:02 am

Funny, there was a post about that in the customers_suck thing. I can try to dig it up for you if you want. That thing gets buried in posts damn quickly. <p>
</p>

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:15 am

Sure. Seeing as I'm leery of joining an LJ community for fear of contaminating my friends list or becoming visible to too many humans all at once. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:39 am

http://www.livejournal.com/community/customers_suck/9963889.html

Boum.

I didn't actually join, though I devwatched. I'm not sure I'd recommend that, as posts are made all the fucking time. The place is worth bookmarking, though! <p>
</p>

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:46 pm

That's the most civil discussion I've seen concerning the Schiavo case yet, and I truly hope I don't have to be dragged into similar discussions with customers.

I really do find it humorous how some people out there still seem to ignore the truth. Honestly, folks... her cerebral cortex was gone. Once the brain is mush, there's nothing you can do. She was a hollow physical shell with no mind behind it. She felt no pain from starvation, and feeding her during those last moments would've made the situation worse, anyhow. <p>

Image</p>

Return to Discussion Forum