Firefox Woes

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

Deeum

Firefox Woes

Unread postby Deeum » Mon Mar 28, 2005 5:34 pm

Ok, Earlier today when I started up my computer, I had noticed something with amiss with Firefox!
After closer inspection I noticed my bookmarks were GONE.
Can someone explain what the crap?

I managed to restore most of my lost links save a couple of RP references.
<p><div style="text-align:center">
</div></p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=dragonmistressscv>DragonMistressSCV</A]&nbsp; Image at: 3/28/05 17:34

Deeum

Re: Firefox Woes

Unread postby Deeum » Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:32 pm

Pervy: That was not the case with me. Even after closing it and reopening, my bookmarks were still gone.

Dia: I just updated it when you sent me those DA plugins. Hopefully I won't have this problem again. :/ <p><div style="text-align:center">
</div></p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=dragonmistressscv>DragonMistressSCV</A]&nbsp; Image at: 3/28/05 18:32

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:04 pm

Did you update recently? Maybe the installation accidently nailed your old favourites folder, or installed to a different location?

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:11 pm

Shaun explained to me that it's a flaw in Firefox. It'll delete favorites randomly.

And no, I haven't updated since I downloaded isome time ago. v1.0.

:[ <p><div style="text-align:center">
</div></p>

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:16 pm

Use a stable browser, like Internet Explorer. <p>-----
Do not taunt Happy Fun Zemyla.

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">I think boobs are the lesser of two evils. - Inverse (Pervy)
Dammit, Dan, I'm not dating a damn NPC! - OOC Will (Will Baseton)
Of course! Anything worth doing is worth doing completely wrong! - Travis English
Ultimately, wizards and clerics don't say, "Gee, I want to become a lich because weapons hurt less and I don't have to worry about being backstabbed; that whole 'eternal life' thing is just a fringe benefit."-Darklion
But this one time I killed a walrus with my bare hands, and I suddenly understood spherical coordinates. - KnightsofSquare</span>

Adventurers! | RPG World World | The Phantom Lord's OT Board mkII | Indie Madnesse | Brotherhood of Elitist Bastards</p>

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:21 pm

How about not?
<p><div style="text-align:center">
</div></p>

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:22 pm

I've had this happen once in awhile.

Generally if I close it, then open it again, they'll be back. <p>---------------------------

Your are not supposed to be reading this!</p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:29 pm

As previously stated, I've never had this happen to me. I've never had any problems with Firefox, actually.

I've enabled some options where a window pops up to harrass me about new versions, and between that and my brother I tend to stay up-to-date with the newest Firefox. Mebbe try downloading the more recent versions more often?

Also, Shaun's idea about the bookmark backup plugin sounds neat. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">"Pants are bad!!! We should wear pants only on our head you conformist bastard!!! Pants are the devils work!! Run freee!! And pantless!!!" -- Vulture</div>
</p>

RebelKitsune

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:33 pm

Quote:
Use a stable browser, like Internet Explorer.

This makes me laugh. Then cry. Then laugh while crying.

But I concur with the bookmark backup program. I use it all the time, but after I found out about the export feature in the bookmark manager folder, i did away with it. to export your bookmarks, just go to the manage bookmarks window, then just open the file menu and press export. Name the filename and you're done. simple as that. It's protected my bookmarks from being formatted many times now. :D <p><div style="text-align:center">Image
<span style="color:navy;font-family:century gothic;font-size:large;">LOSER!!!1!!1!WTFLOL!1</span>
<span style="font-family:century gothic;font-size:x-small;">"Griff. It is a duck. Do not punch it.
No kicking, either.
It might have powers." ~ Kylitos</span>
</div></p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:48 pm

Aye, I tag my bookmarks with the date after the bookmarks part of the file. But I believe DM is aware of this, as she had a backup somewhere abouts. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">"Pants are bad!!! We should wear pants only on our head you conformist bastard!!! Pants are the devils work!! Run freee!! And pantless!!!" -- Vulture</div>
</p>

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:51 pm

Dia is correct. I did.
Infact, I used the same method Jean had mentioned! <p><div style="text-align:center">
</div></p>

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:05 pm

I think Zem might have been slightly sarcastic!

Also, I haven't used Firefox in a while. Safari just works so much better for me (though I've been thinking about giving Camino a try!). <p>
<hr width="70%"><center>
This month's "Transformer of the Month" is Grimlock in a Santa hat! He's quite jolly.</center></p>

Return to Discussion Forum