The Next Big Rpgww Con

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

Vampire Jester Jinx

The Next Big Rpgww Con

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:32 pm

I'm assuming is Sugoicon? Or otakon? Who all will be attending which, if any. I have the means this year to make it to one, so yeah, perhaps a bit early in the whole, planning thing, But I want to know if anyone's going to be doing the whole shebang this year. If so, I'm totally hopping a plane up there to meet you groovy types. <p><div style="text-align:center">

I rule the fanart forum with a fist of irony. .....I have nothing else witty to say. Or quote. I'm a sad person.</div></p>

Jak Snide

Re: The Next Big Rpgww Con

Unread postby Jak Snide » Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:34 pm

My participation in the entire Otakon dealie is mostly dependant on who's going and who's willing to put me up for a week or three while I'm there.

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:40 pm

I will totally wait till 2006 before hopping a flight to another con. D: <p>
<hr width="70%"><center>
This month's "Transformer of the Month" is Grimlock in a Santa hat! He's quite jolly.</center></p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:42 pm

I guess I should make it known that I'm planning to move. So I dunno about hosting anyone, or attending any cons. I won't know and can't make commitments until I move and am settled in with new housing and job.

As far as this years' cons: I want to make Sugoicon, which I deem a fairly realistic goal. Origins and Ikasucon, can't say.

Mom is willing to still host you, Alex, although it's questionable I'll be there for your stay (if all goes well, I won't be). <p>
<div style="text-align:center">"Pants are bad!!! We should wear pants only on our head you conformist bastard!!! Pants are the devils work!! Run freee!! And pantless!!!" -- Vulture</div>
</p>

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:32 am

Personally, I have absolutely no desire whatsoever to go to Otakon for probably another year or two. But I'll be damned if I'm going to miss Sugoicon.

The only possible way I would be going to Otakon is if I Alex and I had already booked a hotel and our flights as was per our plan entitled "Operation: Fuck You, Baltimore." But we haven't. I suppose we still could, but I should probably get a job before attempting to do so, and my luck thus far leads me to suggest that Otakon is probably out of the question this year.

And no, I don't plan to drive down there ever again. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:39 am

Well, I'm definitely out of anything! But I still want piccies.

Choark

Unread postby Choark » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:20 pm

Well 2005 is out for me because of, you know, debts and everything along those lines. However as long as I keep my job 2006 is the "Year Of The Revenge Of The Cho! With More Noogies And Bone Crushing Hugs!"

I'd of course love to go to Otakon again but see what happens closer to the time eh? <p><div style="text-align:center"> </div>
<div style="text-align:center"> Image </div>
<div style="text-align:center"> Something cute plots your death </div></p>

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:59 pm

As I'm pretty much stuck in America until 2007 I might be up for a couple of thing. Whether I attend or not would depend on what the dates are, and who else would be going.
<p>
No man can be judged a failure if he has friends. - It's a Wonderful Life</p>

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:39 pm

BW, Jak, Cho, and I should begin planning for Otakon 2006! It would be a grand ol' time, I'm sure. <p>
<hr width="70%"><center>
This month's "Transformer of the Month" is Grimlock in a Santa hat! He's quite jolly.</center></p>

Choark

Unread postby Choark » Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:32 pm

Well I'm up for it and as long as I keep my job, all debts should be, Heihachi Mishima willing, gone by then. And hopefully in about 5/6 months time I'll be back on the internet properly and ready to chat about it.

And this time I swear if BW ends up driving us everywhere again I WILL remember to save patrol/thankyou money for him. I still owe em for last time. <p><div style="text-align:center"> </div>
<div style="text-align:center"> Image </div>
<div style="text-align:center"> Something cute plots your death </div></p>

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:32 am

FD and Cho both have excellent ideas! <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Vampire Jester Jinx

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:34 am

So sugoicon seems to be the con of choice this year? :\ If this is so, this is what Lex shall strive for. <p><div style="text-align:center">

I rule the fanart forum with a fist of irony. .....I have nothing else witty to say. Or quote. I'm a sad person.</div></p>

Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Unread postby Spleen » Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:45 am

Someone remind me what month these conventions are in.

It would be easiest for me to try and make conventions after I turn 17 in the spring of 2006, 'cuz then I can, you know, drive and stuff. That doesn't mean my parents are going to let me, especially because I don't know any of you. Plus, all the pictures I could show them show incredibly strange people doing incredibly strange things. And, of course, RPGWW as a whole could be a gigantic front for the efforts of a bunch of pedophiles to seize me and have their way with me!

I don't think they'll disallow me to go in the summer of senior year, sooo...Sugoicon 2007, anyone? <p>__-__-__-__-__-__

"I'm just a guy with a boomerang. I didn't ask for all this flying, and this magic..."
-Sokka, Avatar

"Screw normal, because if you're normal, the crowd will accept you, but if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader."
-Christopher Titus</p>

NebulaQueen

Re: -!-

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:59 pm

THE EVIDENCE IS CLEARLY AGAINST YOU, FUNDAMENTALIST.

Edit: Also, would you like me to make a thread for this con? <p>

"My naturally quivering state makes any display of fear deliciously arbitrary" - Manowar Leader, Scary-Go-Round</p>Edited by: NebulaQueen at: 3/11/05 21:12

so totally Dia

Unread postby so totally Dia » Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:17 pm

Google it for fuck's sake.

Sugoicon is Nov. Anime Atlanta is I dunno. Origins is Jun and Jul. Ikasucon is Jun.

I have no current plans to attend Otakon again. I'm not making Dad drive me out there. I don't _want_ to ride (or drive) out there. I don't want to pay that money to get out there. Yadda yada. :'(

Sugoicon, AnimeAtlanta, and Origins sound best to me. Otakon can bite my Sunshine.

NebulaQueen

Re: .

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:39 pm

If Dia happens to refere to AWA, Anime Weekend Atlanta, that's in the middle/end of September if I recall correctly. Two weeks after Labor Day Weekend. <p>

"My naturally quivering state makes any display of fear deliciously arbitrary" - Manowar Leader, Scary-Go-Round</p>

Evangelist Dia

-!-

Unread postby Evangelist Dia » Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:57 pm

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS WEEKEND >:í

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:50 pm

If'n ye like.

Also, it's obvious that weekends are the work of evil undermining morality in this once-fine nation. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">"Pants are bad!!! We should wear pants only on our head you conformist bastard!!! Pants are the devils work!! Run freee!! And pantless!!!" -- Vulture</div>
</p>

Ganonfro

Unread postby Ganonfro » Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:19 pm

Since I know I'm out of the loop for this years Otakon, I'd offer to plan on 2006 with you guys, so we don't have me showing up a few hours after everyone else, when I was the one that booked the hotel reservations! :D

If people are interested in letting me know, I demand information on it being so! >:

...Or you can just let me know sometime. Whichever.

Reako Somner
Always sleepy, never asleep

Unread postby Reako Somner » Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:54 pm

I have a strange and new announcement to make, and that's that my family is actually cool with at least one person using this house for lodging, as long as you don't swear and whatnot.

The only problem is I live like an hour or two away from most OH/KY people. And my house isn't exactly the best of places. I'd give it 3 stars out of 5. BW? Pervy?

As for Otakon, I hardly have the funds to even begin to think about it. So until I get a large stockpile of cash again and a number of friends are going, I won't be. Next Sugoicon is fine, of course. Though I'm sort of a downer as after I've seen the dealer's room and run out of cash, I wanna go right back home XD

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:12 pm

I'm really liking this whole uprising initiative to own the fuck out of Otakon 2006. I need to get on top of that and actually start doing soemthing instead of just talking about doing something.

Also, I would put Reako's house somewhere between mine and Pervy's houses, with my place being ranked slightly below Dia's place, due mostly to location. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=brainwalker>BrainWalker</A]&nbsp; Image at: 3/16/05 14:54

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:46 pm

I'm torn between just flying in to Baltimore for the convention, and flying into Cincy/Dayton for pre/post con shenanigans. On the one hand, shenanigans are awesome, and that's probably the only way I'd be able to chill with the likes of Priam and Dia, and probably smaller Brian (assuming he's in town for the summer). On the other hand, that'd probably mean lots of driving for someone. I suppose that if no one wanted to drive, that'd make my decision for me!

Luckily, I have what, a year and a half to decide? <p>
<hr width="70%"><center>

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:43 am

I'm in for Origins, and either Sugoicon or Otakon or both immediately following the completion of a sort of pet cosplay project of mine. With luck, I will be making Origins a yearly venture for myself. *sage nod*

Also, I may or may not be able to house people for spans of time. Little doubt I will be able to lodge people for a few days at least. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

RebelKitsune

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:42 pm

Seeing as I have absolutely no way of participating in said Con, I will share one minor detail.

I envy you all to death. :( <p><div style="text-align:center">Image
<span style="color:navy;font-family:century gothic;font-size:large;">LOSER!!!1!!1!WTFLOL!1</span>
<span style="font-family:century gothic;font-size:x-small;">"Griff. It is a duck. Do not punch it.
No kicking, either.
It might have powers." ~ Kylitos</span>
</div></p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:27 pm

*ded* <p>
</p>

RebelKitsune

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:29 am

:o

... *ups post count* <p><div style="text-align:center">Image
<span style="color:navy;font-family:century gothic;font-size:large;">LOSER!!!1!!1!WTFLOL!1</span>
<span style="font-family:century gothic;font-size:x-small;">"Griff. It is a duck. Do not punch it.
No kicking, either.
It might have powers." ~ Kylitos</span>
</div></p>

Return to Discussion Forum