The Joe is not dead.

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

BrainWalker
✔+

The Joe is not dead.

Unread postby BrainWalker » Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:50 pm

But apparently his laptop is in peril. It's fan is on the fritz, so until that gets fixed, he's gonna be awol. He asked me to tell y'all. So... that's what I did.

So...

Image <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

pd Rydia

Re: The Joe is not dead.

Unread postby pd Rydia » Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:52 pm

Wow, and Amanda's lappie is looking bad, too. :( Much sadness. <p>
<center><small>"Pants are bad!!! We should wear pants only on our head you conformist bastard!!! Pants are the devils work!! Run freee!! And pantless!!!" -- Vulture

</p>

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:41 pm

You know, I seriously need to check the Discussion forum more often. :( I was wondering where he was today. <p>

*Megaman sounds like a little girl*-Uncle Pervy, on the Voice Acting in MM8

"Well, we've made it to Leeds without being robbed or violated. We win at time traveling!" - Shelley, Scary-Go-Round</p>

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sat Feb 12, 2005 3:43 am

He mentioned this earlier today to me, kinda, but made it sound as if it would hold out on him a bit longer. :O <p>
<div style="text-align:center">What's wrong with this ring?!</div></p>

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:12 am

Hi! I'm not quite Priam~

Anyways, Yeah. What happened is that my laptop's fan has been getting weaker and weaker over time. I think RO last Febuary started the decay. Fallout Tactics put a big dent in it, too. It's been getting less robust sounding for awhile. Finaly, today I got the message: "Cooling system not reponding, shut off computer and take it back to the Vendor."

So I did.

I got a service plan on it when I bouht it, blessed be, so the repairs will be free. I imagine they are going have to outright replace the fan, it all comes down to how much it costs them. If it's more than the laptop is worth, they say fuck it and give me a new one. That will be determined within a week. If they decide to repair it, it'll be two weeks minium. Likely closer to three or a month, depending on how hard the new part is to obtain.

In the meantime, I am planing on a combination of abusing library computers, the lagresse of friends, and slowly going mad. Very mad. I might be able to rig up my Dreamcast for Board use, but so far as chats go, I'm gona be out of the running for a bit. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:40 pm

Keep the Dreamcast. That has to be the coolest thing for surfing the net *ever*. <p>-----
Do not taunt Happy Fun Zemyla.

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">I think boobs are the lesser of two evils. - Inverse (Pervy)
Dammit, Dan, I'm not dating a damn NPC! - OOC Will (Will Baseton)
Of course! Anything worth doing is worth doing completely wrong! - Travis English
Ultimately, wizards and clerics don't say, "Gee, I want to become a lich because weapons hurt less and I don't have to worry about being backstabbed; that whole 'eternal life' thing is just a fringe benefit."-Darklion
But this one time I killed a walrus with my bare hands, and I suddenly understood spherical coordinates. - KnightsofSquare</span>

Adventurers! | RPG World World | The Phantom Lord's OT Board mkII | Indie Madnesse | Brotherhood of Elitist Bastards</p>

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Sat Feb 12, 2005 3:10 pm

My laptop still works, if it makes anyone feel better! <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div>

</p>

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:02 pm

And thus my true goal in distributing Fallout Tactics comes to fruition. Combined with KotOR 2, Vikings in York and BW's awesome randomness thread I think I can say this is a most wondrous day. :D

PS: I don't think getting fans replaced costs much, unless I'm gravely mistaken about laptop components.

Reako Somner
Always sleepy, never asleep

Unread postby Reako Somner » Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:58 am

Jak's words intrigue an interest me, who happens not to be Reako.

What I'm worried about is sarcity more than cost. My laptop is a 2002 model, at best. I'm pondering if Toshiba still makes/contracts people to make the parts for it.

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:14 am

That's on them, though. They wrote the guarantee, and as such it is their responsibility to get your shit either fixed or replaced. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:19 am

2002 *is not that long ago*. My mother had laptop that was made in 98 and she got new parts for it in October.

Oh, and I have two working laptops. Almost three! Beat that! <p>
<hr width="70%"><center>
This month's "Transformer of the Month" is Grimlock in a Santa hat! He's quite jolly.</center></p>

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:23 am

Have you linked them together into some sort of semi-portable cluster yet?

Reako Somner
Always sleepy, never asleep

Unread postby Reako Somner » Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:12 pm

I am totally not Reako.

Thanks for the update, FD. And indeed, Priam. But i'm looking at it in terms of waiting time.

Return to Discussion Forum