Sex and Thanksgiving

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Sex and Thanksgiving

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:49 am

Are there any particular reasons why you are thankful you were born the sex that you were? Or, in some cases, thankful that you were not born the opposite sex? <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

Ganonfro

Re: Sex and Thanksgiving

Unread postby Ganonfro » Tue Dec 21, 2004 2:59 am

I'm rather thankful that I'm not a lady type person... Hell, I'd be even more inclinded to have unhealthy eating habits, if I were the type to listen to what the media thinks everyone should be like.

...And women are crazy. Nutjobs, all of them.

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:50 am

I agree with Ganonfro's last statement, by and large. There are exceptions (thankfully), but after the last term at university I've been convinced that the majority of the female gender are crazy bitches. Or at least the ones I live with are.

Choark

Thanksgiving

Unread postby Choark » Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:16 am

Because being a manly woman is looked down upon, but being a manly man is great.

That and erm.. well... PMS. Don't particularly want to give that a go if its all the same. Get moody mood swings enough already. Bleeding reguarly? Nah. Isn't for me. Oh and giving birth... cause yeah.. THAT seems loads of fun. If parts of ya body getting snapped open in vaste amounts of pain seems fun to you. And carrying a heavy load inside your body for 6 months (other 3 is ain't all that heavy).

And being all... well.. girly... and touchy feely... and if work has shown me anything a lot more emotional and more likely to cry. Only going by experience on this one but every work place I've been too I've had to deal with an over stressed crying woman. *shivers* I Hate dealing with crying women.

And being hit on. No way I could ever deal with that. Freaking men! Oh and those drugs tailor made for women to totally zonk em. Nasty stuff. And sexests. And finding permunes nice... as... GOD they stink!! I hate em!

The only awsome thing about being a woman is there sex drive apprently isn't on 24 - 7. That must be, like, the most awsomest thing ever. To not think about sex every other thought. Can't even imagine life like that anymore. I still remember finding the shape of a lamp alluring. Sheeeesh.

So - Yeah. I'm a guy!! BWA HA HA HAHAHA HA HA HA!!! I win!!

---

And as the last two said - them women - they craaaaaazy! <p><div style="text-align:center"> </div>
<div style="text-align:center"> Image </div>
<div style="text-align:center"> Something cute plots your death </div></p>

Jak Snide

Re: Thanksgiving

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:27 am

Quote:
The only awsome thing about being a woman is there sex drive apprently isn't on 24 - 7.

You haven't met my house-mates. I attribute their craziness to it.

Choark

Unread postby Choark » Tue Dec 21, 2004 2:42 pm

Well I was going to say body hair but after meeting you and a few of the other girly men I reliesed not all guys naturally grow hair absolutly everywhere.

Which is freaky and wrong. <p><div style="text-align:center"> </div>

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:23 pm

I'm moderately surprised. No people of the feminine persuasion in this thread yet? <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

Ganonfro

Unread postby Ganonfro » Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:28 pm

It should be simple. They can't deny the fact they're crazy.

Choark

Unread postby Choark » Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:29 pm

Can't say I'm even moderatly surprised. Or maybe I'm just a bastard?

Maybe them women things don't feel the need to strut there funky stuff over something they had no power of in the first place?

Or maybe none of them have seen it yet. <p><div style="text-align:center"> </div>

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:19 pm

Well, I am always jealous of girls, because they can use their looks and stuff to get attention/get what they want. So in that respect, I kinda wish I was a girl.

However, they have to give birth and stuff, which kinda sucks.

Then again, when I was a kid I was pressured a lot to be a athletic MAN and stuff, and I really really hated that. If I was a girl that wouldn't have happened maybe.

Also, girls, when compared to guys, tend to have much weaker sexual urges. (I could be wrong, maybe they just supress them better?) In that respect, I also wish I was a girl.

Oh noes! It looks like girls win. =[ <p>---------------

"Well slap a dead fish on me and call me Molokidan!"</p>

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:25 pm

Girls ALWAYS win... won't ever change, don't need it to... <p>--------------------
ImageAnd remember kids, SMOKING IS WRONG...

Get in character you. it's rainy and twilightly and shit.

-Vampire Jester Jinx</p>

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:08 pm

You know, there was a point that I did wish such, but that mainly had to do with my subtle urge to be with a male fellow of some sort! Now I've realized I'd much rather remain male and pursue the same sort of target.

That said, while it'd be easier to pursue said goal in a female body, perhaps, the issues of PMS and pregnancy unnerve me, and make me feel better about being male. So there we are. <p>

<span style="font-size:x-small;">Here's to absorbing in the new year!
</span></p>

Ganonfro

Unread postby Ganonfro » Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:10 pm

I laugh at Molo, if he really thinks women have weaker sexual urges. Anyone who goes to any college, will find this out. Well... if any man does at least. Women want to get sexed up as much as guys. The only power they have is they tend to be able to CHOOSE, who they hook up, where guys aren't as lucky, unless they're famous or exceedingly good looking.

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:28 pm

Whatever you say Ganonfro! I guess I'll find out next year. <p>---------------

The Great Nevareh

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Wed Dec 22, 2004 1:49 am

No you won't.

I like being male for many of the above reasons.

Women get a few things I'd like, though. Whether or not I'd be willing to give up the benefits of being male for them, though, I don't know.

Women can have as many orgasms as they like with no refractory period. This is kind of gross, I guess.

Women get more sexual attention from men, which I, being a dirty homo, would like.

Women, for some reason, always have nicer hair than men. I don't quite understand why, since I know some guys who spend almost forever on their hair and it still doesn't look as nice as the hair of some girls I know who say they don't put much effort into their hair and it still comes out stunning.
Actually, the freedom of hair is in itself more prevalent for women, since many more hairstyles are societally acceptable. Petty but true.

I generally look up to women more often than not, but that's probably because my sister instilled "the fear" into me when I was very young.

Statististically, women live longer.

Whether or not I'd give up having a higher paycheck, being on the giving end of the childbearing process, no periods or menopause, and every other benefit of being male is a question that I can't answer. <p>[---------------------------]
"There is great disorder under Heaven, and the situation is excellent."
-Mao Tse-Tung

"I eat the talking bees because I am George Washington Christ"
-From "Bob the Ball"</p>

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:12 am

The following post is rated 15+ due to sexual language and imagery.

The advantages to being female that I can see are:

1) Nicer clothes. Seriously. Not that I want to wear dresses or anything but having so many options would be more fun! Especially for going out, because women can wear clothes that really accentuate their attractiveness, which may just be a "grass is greener" thing but it's something that I've always been a little jealous of.

2) Being able to act girly. Girls can act girly, nobody has a problem with it. Girls can act butch, some men might be a little scared of it but nobody has a problem with it. Men can act manly, nobody has a problem with it. Men act effeminate and suddenly people are being weirded out. I know that some people don't care, but the fact is that most people take a while to adjust to a guy acting girly. I do so jokingly quite a lot, and even then (especially at Duke with my guy friends) I see people giving me odd looks that annoy me. And I like girly movies! 10 things I hate about you is one of my favourite "happy" films!

3) Cocktails. Let's face it: they taste good and they're full of alcohol. In fact they're often a hell of a lot more powerful than your average guy drink (beer or JD and coke, for example), yet a man is chastised for drinking one. Sure it would be a little weird for a guy to order "sex on the beach" or a "screaming orgasm" (yes there is a cocktail called that) but there's nothing wrong with a guy liking the taste of a Long Island Iced Tea. I myself am very partial to White Russians, and enjoy a smirnoff ice/bacardi breezer as a way of pacing myself on a big night out.

4) Ladies bathrooms. Have you ever been in one? Go to a club, splash some alcohol on yourself so you smell drunk and "accidentally" go into one. Say "This isn't the mens!" and take a little look around. They are beautiful. None of these rust stains or piss covered floors, but carpet! CARPET! And softer toilet paper! I've had my one-time findings confirmed by women, and they've got it soooooooooooo much better than us.

5) Greater eroginous zone. Let's face it. Us guys only have one thing they don't. They have a whole extra area, plus there genetalia has far more nerve endings per square millimeter than ours.

Not that there's no good side to being a man, for example:

1) Natural advantages. On average guys are faster, stronger, bigger, and just physically superior to women. (NB: this is only on average)

2) Societies views. Let's face it, we've come a long way but women still aren't equal with men. It may not be fair but there are situations where a guy will be choosen above a woman simply based on his gender. Plus when was the last time you heard of women shouting "compliments" at guys in the way that some guys do to girls. Frankly "Nice Arse! Why not bring it over here?" isn't the way to a woman's heart.

3) Finances. Men are cheaper. Men need less clothes, less shoes, less designer numbers, and less creature comforts.

4) Numerous sexual relations. A guy at university has sex with 4 girls in a two week period. His friends will probably give him a high five, laugh about it, and then wish it was them. A girl at university has sex with 4 guys in a two week period. Anyone who hears of this thinks of her as a slut, might call her so, and guys will view her as used. Guys do not like thinking about the girl they're currently with having had sex with other guys before them. Generally they know it's the case, but they usually just blank that from their minds. Personally I have no interest in sleeping around, I'd just hate to be thought of in that way.

5) Genetalia. What can I say? I love my penis. I love having one, I love using it, I love just seeing that it's there. I don't think I could live without it. One of the body's seven chakras is supposed to reside (for guys) in the penis. I forget what emotions it produces, but I believe they were really good ones. <p>
My heart is human.My blood is boiling.My brain IBM.-Styx - Mr Roboto</p>

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Wed Dec 22, 2004 3:37 pm

On the physical attributes point, I feel I must interject: Women are predisposed to greater endurance than men, due to boobs. The stinging burning sensation you feel when your muscles become weary is lactic acid building up in the muscle, and breasts are natural lactic acid containment systems. 2 + 2 = 4 <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

The Great Nevareh

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Wed Dec 22, 2004 5:05 pm

Women also have a higher natural pain tolerance than men. They can take it(pain, you dirty-minded cross-dressers) more and they can take it(still pain) harder, on average.
Due to the whole childbirth thing. <p>[---------------------------]
-Mao Tse-Tung

-From "Bob the Ball"</p>

Choark

Unread postby Choark » Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:36 pm

Well then - honestly I can say one thing

I have always wondered/wanted to experience Sex for a females point of view - as its vastly different to .. well.. mine. Always been a little... lot.. curious of that I have.

However I have no desire to actually have sex with a man so it'd probably have to be with a female with a penis if I so happened to be female... And that very idea is disturbing.

So I doubt I'd be able to enjoy it if the opurtunity ever did present itself.

It has lead to some interesting dreams though so no complaints.

Of course I've dreamed about being a fish and having sex... so... ... yeah.

... I hate being honest and not being able to shut up. <p><div style="text-align:center"> </div>

Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Unread postby Spleen » Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:49 pm

I enjoy being a man, because it keeps me from being objectified and set to a very rigid standard! Plus I enjoy being really big, and I doubt that I would be 5'10" and 180 pounds as a girl. Plus, from what I hear, it sucks to have boobs, because they hurt when you run and stuff. And some of the girls I know, especially my sister, make it sound like menstruation is the most evil thing ever.

However, I am jealous of the superior sexual stimulation that the females of the species can achieve. Thusly, I would enjoy having a real working clitoris somewhere on my body. Possibly in lieu of a bellybutton. That'd be interesting. <p>__-__-__-__-__-__

"If a tree falls in the middle of a forest and no one's around to hear it, it was obviously the work of ninja."
-Darkknight

"Screw normal, because if you're normal, the crowd will accept you, but if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader."
-Christopher Titus</p>

Ganonfro

Unread postby Ganonfro » Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:22 am

...I like having rather stabilized hormones minus puberty, but that's obvious, throught my life time. No way in hell I'd give it up just to find out about the wonders of what it must be like for them in the sack.

Seriously... I'd rather not go crazy after I stop ovulating, even more so than women normally are. My mother is going through menopause and holy crap.... Just looking at her makes me pretty freaking glad I'm male.

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:06 am

I love being female.

From what I've heard, apparently I've got a whole lot more erogenous zones than a guy, once stimulated correctly (no comments on testing), and I like my breasts. They're bouncy. Even if I sometimes wish they were a cup smaller. They're my best buddies and I say 'hewwo!' to them in the morning and they smile at me!

....seriously?

I just like being a girl. I can be chipper, cheerful, huggy, everything without being thought of as too weird. I like dressing up occasionally. I like being small and cuddly. I like my body for the most part. I FEEL 'female', even if gender is a hard thing to mentally define. If I were born a man, I would most definitely want to have a sex change. I AM WOMAN.

....hear me RAWR!

Ganonfro

Unread postby Ganonfro » Thu Dec 23, 2004 8:40 am

*Doesn't because he doesn't hear it when women talk*

....Ok, terrible jokes aside, Thank you for joining the discussion, Lys! It's about time a female joined!

TheLorax21

Unread postby TheLorax21 » Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:45 pm

I'm a girl, and I'm glad about it. Yes, I realize this is a rather odd post to make with my current postrank, but whatever.

I'm happy I'm a girl because...

1) Makeup. Seriously. It's not that I wear gobs of makeup, or don't ever go around without it. However, it's nice to be able to accentuate good features, or play down bad ones. Since I don't wear makeup too much, it's a nice way too feel dressed up and pretty. Also, concealer is handy for zits. Guys don't have this option, and were I male, I would miss it.

2) I feel pretty! It's nice to feel beautiful. I don't think guys get the chance to really feel beautiful too often. Along the same line of thought, I like being able to dress up from time to time. Guys don't really have as many options, clothing-wise. Girls have more options in clothing, so it's easier for us to show off the things we like about ourselves.

3) I have the freedom to be emotional if I feel like it. I'm not an emotional person in the first place, but I would miss being able to express myself and my emotions. If I'm feeling happy, I can smile big and run around hugging people. If I'm feeling really sad, I can cry without feeling guilty. I know that a lot of guys have said that they find crying women scary. I try not to inflict my crying self on other people, or cry too often, but crying really can make you feel better. On the same note, I'd miss being able to act girly. I'd hate being restricted to a certain set of behaviors. I like being cuddled, held, taken care of. It's not that I'm needy, or need a male someone around to provide for my every need, but it's good to feel safe in someone's arms.

4) Boobs. What can I say? I love my boobs. Were they gone, I would miss them.

Quote:
Plus, from what I hear, it sucks to have boobs, because they hurt when you run and stuff.

Sports bras.

As for genitalia in general, I'm highly disturbed by the idea of stuff hanging around between my legs. Just no.

Ganonfro

Unread postby Ganonfro » Thu Dec 23, 2004 8:56 pm

^---- Crazy.

The Great Nevareh

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Fri Dec 24, 2004 12:45 am

Why does Lorax win that award? I'm the one who had to go around convincing people I was a guy!

Men are, theoretically, as capable of experiencing the same level of sexual stimulation as women if they possess something that I have not had since I was eight days old: Foreskin.

Foreskin is supposed to be as powerful as a clitoris though I don't know since I've never really possessed either.

On that note: Women don't have the social stigma of penis, and the social stigma of breasts is more cosmetic and every-day, and thus more all-encompassing and important, but the stigma of penis is still there in a much different way. Women probably never think about how they "measure up" to other women sexually in pure physical terms. I have a penis, and I'm stuck with that penis. Barring any new medical treatment, and barring what I know about statistics, I'll still feel insecure whenever I watch porn because I might not have a large enough penis for some people. No, I'm not going to discuss my sex life, but I will if ANYONE makes a crack about this.

This is something most guys probably don't have to worry about, but I envy women in the sense that AIDS is a huge epidemic in the male homosexual community. Thus, every time I even consider doing *anything* with *anyone* I have to remember that there is a very statistically viable chance that it could kill me.

Women don't have the weakness of a knee to the crotch being a potentially fatal attack. Seriously- you can kill a guy by doing that to him. Massive internal hemmorhaging.

I don't know if you can break a vagina, but you can break a penis. Seriously. <p>[---------------------------]
-Mao Tse-Tung

-From "Bob the Ball"</p>

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Fri Dec 24, 2004 2:00 am

Quote:
Women probably never think about how they "measure up" to other women sexually in pure physical terms.

I dunno about that. What about girls with small breasts looking at girls with bigger breasts?

If anything, I think it's worse than men, because you can't see how big a man's penis is from just the outside. Women can tell who has a bigger bust just from looking. So maybe in that respect, I guess they don't really need to "think" or "worry" about it, since they already know the answer, but in another respect, it kinda makes it worse. . .

Maybe we should get a real woman to give us the answer. o_o <p>---------------

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Fri Dec 24, 2004 4:18 am

I don't recall foreskin actually having very many nerve endings. Most of the sensitivity in a penis is in the head. I also contest the 'common knowledge' that a woman's orgasm is always more powerful than a man's. The problem is, the man rarely gets to experience his orgasm, as he is too busy being in the middle of the convulsions and spasms of ejaculation. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

Choark

Unread postby Choark » Fri Dec 24, 2004 11:28 am

Quote:
Unlike guys, we aren't in a constant state of competition with each other.

Sorry to say but not every guy out there is in competition with each other either.

Of course theres no need for me to compete cause I beat em all without even trying. Good Lord its hard to be perfect all the time, yet I somehow manage it. <p><div style="text-align:center"> </div>
<div style="text-align:center"> Something cute plots your death </div></p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=choark>Choark</A]&nbsp; Image at: 12/24/04 11:34

TheLorax21

Unread postby TheLorax21 » Fri Dec 24, 2004 11:45 am

Nev: Dia made the postrank. Go complain to her.

Quote:
What about girls with small breasts looking at girls with bigger breasts?

Right. See, that's the thing about girls. Unlike guys, we aren't in a constant state of competition with each other. It doesn't really matter that much to us. That being said, I can see how someone on the very small end of the spectrum could envy the rest of the spectrum. It's not a huge issue, though, nothing like guys and penis size.

I hope that answers your question Molo. If not, feel free to ask more.

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Fri Dec 24, 2004 1:23 pm

Eh, maybe because the foreskin is right over the head of the penis, so wiggling it does stuff? =P

...maybe we should move this to the Unspoken Forum. XD;;

But really, it's not that big of a deal regarding bust size. As far as I can tell, most guys just go "BOOBS!" and are happy with them, no matter the size. Though there may be preferences to certain ends of the spectrum, it's all good if there are boobs. Though some girls may feel insecure about themselves and such, you either grow out of it or get 'em changed. Personally I think there's something mildly disturbing about such surgery and stuff, unless it's done for medical reasons (like reducing breast size to prevent back problems and such), but it's not that big of a deal.

Ojes, and sports bras rawk.

GC130A

Unread postby GC130A » Fri Dec 24, 2004 4:16 pm

I have a foreskin. It's nothing special.

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Fri Dec 24, 2004 5:44 pm

I don't think that this needs to be moved to the Unspoken Forum. We're just having a mature, scientific discussion that happens to cover sex and genetalia.

As for girls not being in constant competition with each other...I disagree. I think guys work together much better than girls do. A clear example of this is in a university's housing where the guys dorms are generally social places, with people chilling in each other's rooms and so on, and if there are problems they're generally sorted out immediately. The female dorms, however, always have some kind of problem where someone isn't talking to someone else because of some incident. Women can be catty (emphasis on the word can), Men often aren't, at least not for long. I think women see themselves as having far more to proove than men, because not only do feel that they have to show that they're as good as men, but they also are in competition with other women. This is just based on what I've seen around my university, which is a very competitive place anyway, so I might be generalising here. <p>
How much for your wife? Or the little girls? I wish to buy your wife and family. How much?</p>

The Great Nevareh

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Fri Dec 24, 2004 6:39 pm

I actually have some revealing light to shed upon this:

I once read last year in English class an author who put forth the different social systems of the genders- I thought it was (and still think it is) total crap, but it does have some relation to your observations.

Male members of our species have a tendency to rank things in a social pyramid. What problems there are are short-lived, and once everything is resolved then the pyramid settles into its new/old order and everything is perfectly harmonious because every guy is pretty sure of where he is in the pyramid. The pyramid doesn't necessarily have one person at the top, and there aren't necessarily more people at the bottom, but that is how this writer postulated that it works.

Women, on the other hand, have a group where everyone is on pretty much the same level, despite their differences. Whenever there is an external problem, the group bands together to protect their own, and these kinds of challenges are short-lived and usually insignificant. Rather than a universal ranking system, there are several different groups or circles. However, these groups also aren't fond of one person pulling ahead or falling behind the rest, socially, and they are very bad at resolving internal disputes when there isn't a very strong majority on one side. This results in a more pancratic situation where there might be irresolvable problems without the dissolution of the group (which would be bad), and thus there is a lot more emotional turbulence. It is the price that they pay for a more internally equal system.

I think this theory is bullcrap, so don't complain to me about it, but it DOES provide a model for illustration and illumination of the phenomenon.

And GC: Cut it off, THEN find out if it's "not that great."

<p>[---------------------------]
-Mao Tse-Tung

-From "Bob the Ball"</p>

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Fri Dec 24, 2004 8:00 pm

Hey, thanks Lorax. Yeah, so I guess girls aren't obsessed with their boobs like guys are with their penii. I mean, just looking from the female comments in this post, girls treat their boobs more like their mutual partners or something, which is cool.

Uhh...in any case, I am done. Thanks again Lorax! <p>---------------

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Sat Dec 25, 2004 4:05 am

This was actually covered in a linguistics class I took while I was up at OSU. During a class I actually attended! What luck!

It tends to be the case that guys are objective problem solvers, generally, by nature. Something happens, and we get right to fixing that shit pronto. Women, on the other hand, are less likely to pursue a solution and more likely to offer sympathy, comfort, and emotional support.

Furthermore: Boys will make friends. Girls will make Best friends.

I hope I still actually have the book on this stuff somewhere. Genderlect is a neat, interesting study. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Sat Dec 25, 2004 3:11 pm

I don't particularly care what gender I am, nor would I be unduly upset if, for some reason, I woke up and I was suddenly a girl. From my viewpoint, they're much the same. <p>-----
Do not taunt Happy Fun Zemyla.

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">I think boobs are the lesser of two evils. - Inverse (Pervy)
Dammit, Dan, I'm not dating a damn NPC! - OOC Will (Will Baseton)
Of course! Anything worth doing is worth doing completely wrong! - Travis English
Ultimately, wizards and clerics don't say, "Gee, I want to become a lich because weapons hurt less and I don't have to worry about being backstabbed; that whole 'eternal life' thing is just a fringe benefit."-Darklion
But this one time I killed a walrus with my bare hands, and I suddenly understood spherical coordinates. - KnightsofSquare</span>

Adventurers! | RPG World World | The Phantom Lord's OT Board mkII | Indie Madnesse | Brotherhood of Elitist Bastards</p>

Ganonfro

Unread postby Ganonfro » Sun Dec 26, 2004 3:10 pm

*Loves how everyone keeps having different universal "generalizations" which hardly have coincided with others*

First, from what I've heard the foreskin has little to do with sex, as Priam has stated that most nerve endings are in the head, I'm pretty sure the main purpose for the skin is just for protective purposes.

Second, I completely agree with Gus's comments on genders at a school dorm, since it is the same as what I've noticed, over all. Guys try to have fun with as many people that they call friends, girls just cling to thier best friends, hanging around with them as much as possible.

Third, saying that women aren't concerned about their breast size is complete bullshit. I know at least a dozen of the random girls I've met that pretty much all they do around me is complain about them, and why they aren't perfect and how no guy will like them unless they get larger, or perkier. From what I've noticed, the girls that don't complain about them, is because they're content with the size they are, but I've met girls with c-cups, complain about them being too small. So yeah. Generalizations don't prove anything. Thus going from person to person is much better in understanding how they act and what they think about things.

To be honest, Zem is the wisest for saying what he has. You are who you are. The only thing that truely keeps you as being part of either gender is one thing, which lies between your legs.

Celeste of Elvenhame

Unread postby Celeste of Elvenhame » Sun Dec 26, 2004 3:26 pm

You should have it, it was one of the ones I returned to you in the past year or so.

I like being a woman. Not girl. I was girl when I was 10 maybe even 15 or 16. Now I am a woman. :P

And no I don't feel like explaining the difference.

I can be much more myself than I could ever be as a man. Being fiery and emotional can actually be an asset as a woman. In my case it sometimes is and sometimes is not. Although really I've mellowed out a great deal over the past year. (That relates to other issues which are a discussion in themselves.)

Don't ask me why I love being a woman, it's kind of hard to quantify. I just love being a woman. I don't think I'd eve make a good man.

Some quantify-able reasons I can come up with are:

More acceptable range of everything except ideal body. Although I am told men are more flexible about that than the media would leave us to believe...

More personality, clothing, hairstyles.A range of emotional make-ups is allowed. We can use make-up to correct our skin's flaws, etc.

Sex....if we don't allow ourselves to be conditioned by society's still prevalent belief that we should be virgins until we are married yet experienced sex toys once we hop into bed, we have a better sexual experience. We can have more orgasms, have more eregonenous zones and so on. We also have much, much more ability to control our urges.

Disadvantages...

Periods. These don't bother me so much as other women except for the gross factor. They don't make me feel as sick, etc. otherwise.

Childbirth...To be honest I have a lot of chronic pain issues so childbirth doesn't really phase me considering what I'd get in exchange. I may end up a childless old maid :P but I can still say if I ever do have kids, it's not going to be a bad exchange. (I have a reputation for pain tolerance though, so I'd take my views with a few grains of salt. :) <p>---------------Celeste of Elvenhame ---------------

Aaron Lewis of Guildportal: On the up side though, most of the remaining bugs are genuinely evil, sentient beings that actively dodge attempts to thwart them.</p>

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Mon Dec 27, 2004 6:57 pm

Quote:
We also have much, much more ability to control our urges.

I'm going to object to the word "ability" here. Men have just as much ability to control themselves. There is a difference from person to person in the desire to control themselves, but it's really related a lot more to the person's upbringing than to their gender.

Also, I'm going to agree with Zem. After all, the pursuit of wisdom is the greatest activity, and it is an activity that both genders are equally capable of. <p>

"How fortunate for leaders that men do not think."
- Adolf Hitler

"To throw bombs from an airplane will do as much damage as throwing bags of flour. It will be my pleasure to stand on the bridge of any ship while it is attacked by airplanes."
- Newton Baker, US minister of defense (1921)
</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=seethe347>Seethe347</A] at: 12/27/04 19:22

Next

Return to Discussion Forum