What in the blue fuck.

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

What in the blue fuck.

Unread postby Besyanteo » Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:45 pm

OK. So, I sat down to do my very first piece of college composition homework tonight! I felt like a big kid! English 111. I could have taken honors, if I'd signed up earlier. Oops. Well, what's tonight's assugnment? Read 11 pages in my little book, and answer the fifth question on the last page, with a one paragraph answer! Wow, that's right up there with thinking, as far as difficulty goes. So I happily sat down to begin my assignment. Eleven pages, watch them fly by!

There are no questions in this book. The hell? I look around! Surely, there must be questions in a College Composition text book! ... Nope. No questions. However, there is alot of boring historical and geographical information about Latin America. ... As a matter of fact, further study shows the entire book is about just that, Latin American history! ... Wait, what?

And then it hits me. SOME BLOODY FUCKING MORON RIPPED THE COVER OFF HIS ENGLISH AND LATIN BOOKS, AND GLUED THE BINDINGS BACK ON. ON THE WRONG BOOKS. Good god, what the fuck?!

I'm going to have the book replaced tomorrow. I'm going to rush home afterwards, and do the assignment, because while it's due tomorrow, this is some funky new hybrid course, where half of the damn thing is done Online! So whee. I turn it in tomorrow, before 6 PM some time. ... What the fuck. Stupid asshole did this and then sold the damn book back to the school.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=besyanteo@rpgww60462>Besyanteo</A]&nbsp; Image at: 1/12/05 21:59

pd Rydia

Re: What in the blue fuck.

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:53 pm

...wow. <p>
<center><small>"We are just poor, wandering corn farmers..."
</p>

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:00 pm

You're right. That is impressively assy. But a good scam, nonetheless... good thing no one would think to CHECK something like that, or else someone might get caught.

Oh well. Now they do. And Jason, you may have changed how things work at school. And all it cost you was your GPA... <p>--------------------
ImageAnd remember kids, SMOKING IS WRONG...

Get in character you. it's rainy and twilightly and shit.

-Vampire Jester Jinx</p>

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:07 pm

Wow.

That's amazing. I have never heard of anything like this. Ever. I would never have expected it. <p>---------------------------

Your are not supposed to be reading this!</p>

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:28 am

I'm hovering between 'High-larious' and....well, okay, it's just high-larious. =D <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:53 am

*Writes this down on his "Things to do" list* <p>---------------

"Well slap a dead fish on me and call me Molokidan!"</p>

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:32 am

That's so impressively wrong. I feel bad for you, Bes, but at the same time I'm laughing. <p>-----
Do not taunt Happy Fun Zemyla.

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">I think boobs are the lesser of two evils. - Inverse (Pervy)
Dammit, Dan, I'm not dating a damn NPC! - OOC Will (Will Baseton)
Of course! Anything worth doing is worth doing completely wrong! - Travis English
Ultimately, wizards and clerics don't say, "Gee, I want to become a lich because weapons hurt less and I don't have to worry about being backstabbed; that whole 'eternal life' thing is just a fringe benefit."-Darklion
But this one time I killed a walrus with my bare hands, and I suddenly understood spherical coordinates. - KnightsofSquare</span>

Adventurers! | RPG World World | The Phantom Lord's OT Board mkII | Indie Madnesse | Brotherhood of Elitist Bastards</p>

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:10 pm

...ouch.

And Molo, if you dare desecrate one such book in that fashion , I will hunt you down and floss your teeth with your spine. >:

Vampire Jester Jinx

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:37 pm

.......If that wasn't done to you, I'd laugh my head off. :P <p><div style="text-align:center">

I rule the fanart forum with a fist of irony. .....I have nothing else witty to say. Or quote. I'm a sad person.</div></p>

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:58 pm

Worst thing that ever occurred to me:

Bought a Psychology textbook used. It turned out that entire chapters were torn out and put into a seemingly random order, so the entire book was verklempt. And even though they accepted it before, they wouldn't retake the book, due to it being in 'poor condition'. It was the same state as when I bought it. Now I own an old Psych book. Ah well.

That said, that's certainly worse than what happened to me. Did the homework assignment turn out well, at least? <p>

<span style="font-size:x-small;">I can't wait to see the terrified looks on their faces! They're so adorable when they do that!
</span></p>

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:47 pm

We'll find out soon! I emailed it in at the very least.

Celeste of Elvenhame

Unread postby Celeste of Elvenhame » Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:56 am

at least they let you exchange it.... <p>---------------Celeste of Elvenhame ---------------

Aaron Lewis of Guildportal: On the up side though, most of the remaining bugs are genuinely evil, sentient beings that actively dodge attempts to thwart them.</p>

The Great Nevareh

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:18 am

Something very much like that happened to me, once, except it WAS the right book and the prevalent idea was that the teacher had never read the damn thing. There's a high chance that she ordered the wrong books, but rather than look into it, she taught the course from a book that was about European History rather than a book that was about Victorian English Literature. It was funny until I realized that I'm supposed to be learning something in these classes, and that I'm paying large sums of money to do it. <p>[---------------------------]
"There is great disorder under Heaven, and the situation is excellent."
-Mao Tse-Tung

"I eat the talking bees because I am George Washington Christ"
-From "Bob the Ball"</p>

Return to Discussion Forum