Requesting help!

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

StOrMxWiZ

Requesting help!

Unread postby StOrMxWiZ » Fri Jan 07, 2005 7:12 pm

Ok, I'm here to talk about my terrible problem with AIM.

I tried joining RPGWW Chat, but after about a minute, it goes blank and says "Error". So I tried about 20 more times, and it didn't work.

Next, I went to the other computer, and used my sister's account to try it, and it worked. So I logged on on that computer, tried it, and it didn't work.

Then I tried switching screen names, and had no luck. THEN I tried restarting 3 times, and it didn't work.

I need help on how to get this to work.

And by the way, AIM just plain doesn't work. Practically anything would be better than laggy, undependable, and chock-full-o'-errors AIM.

blah..what a piece of crud. BUT I SHALL NOT DWELL ON THAT! I will use my Hammer of Justice to single-handedly and single-hammer..ed.....ly simutaneously smash the AIM headquarters! WHAHAHHAH!

So basically I need help.

FlamingDeth

Re: Requesting help!

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:19 pm

I'm sorry to say that this man is beyond my help. If anyone else wants a go at it, his SN is "Lithium Kraft". <p>
<hr width="70%"><center>This month's "Transformer of the Month" is Grimlock in a Santa hat! He's quite jolly.</center></p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:21 pm

Try Trillian or Gaim? <p>
<center><small>"We are just poor, wandering corn farmers..."
</p>

StOrMxWiZ

Unread postby StOrMxWiZ » Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:49 pm

No such luck. :(

sfbasaebataertadfgadsasawb

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:18 pm

Try joining different chats until/to see if you find one that works. And invite others to it.

GAIM won't let two of my other SNs into RPGWW Chat, or another name into RPGWW Chat Room, but it did let that last name into soiafgiabsfas (or something to that effect). <p>
<center><small>"We are just poor, wandering corn farmers..."
</p>

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Sat Jan 08, 2005 5:38 am

How are you attempting to join the chat? I know that if I click a link, using the aim:gochat format, I have a better chance of spontaneously combusting than actually succeeding in entering the chat. On the other hand, if I invite myself to the chat via, of course, the "Send Chat Invitation..." command (alt-c on the buddy list window), then I usually pop into the chat quite swiftly.

Try a number of methods, from inviting yourself to having someone else invite you to actually clicking a link that incites the program behavior in question. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

StOrMxWiZ

Unread postby StOrMxWiZ » Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:18 am

What I've tried is:

Simply inviting myself.
Clicking my own aim:gochat?roomname=RPGWW+Chat link
Using other screen names.
Restarting.
Logging off and logging back on.
Trying numerous times until I lose count and give up. <p>- - - - - - - -
StOrMxWiZ> I can make you download a virus.
FUMBLERme> I bet you can't.
StOrMxWiZ> I have the new version of that game you like so much
FUMBLERme> OOOOH!!! SEND IT! SEND! SENED! SEND!
[5 minute pause]
FUMBLERme> HEY!!!!!! >:()</p>

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:01 am

What version of what program are you using? <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

StOrMxWiZ

Unread postby StOrMxWiZ » Sun Jan 09, 2005 7:32 pm

The latest version. <p>- - - - - - - -
StOrMxWiZ> I can make you download a virus.
FUMBLERme> I bet you can't.
StOrMxWiZ> I have the new version of that game you like so much
FUMBLERme> OOOOH!!! SEND IT! SEND! SENED! SEND!
[5 minute pause]
FUMBLERme> HEY!!!!!! >:()</p>

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:06 pm

I doubt this will help with this particular problem, but you never know. Go to [url=www.oldversion.com>OldVersion[/url]]<span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Unread postby Spleen » Sun Jan 16, 2005 1:02 pm

My recommendation is for Trillian, which can be found at www.trillian.cc <p>__-__-__-__-__-__

"If a tree falls in the middle of a forest and no one's around to hear it, it was obviously the work of ninja."
-Darkknight

"Screw normal, because if you're normal, the crowd will accept you, but if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader."
-Christopher Titus</p>

Return to Discussion Forum