RPGWW memories

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Re: RPGWW memories

Unread postby Molokidan » Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:38 am

!_!

The wealth of information that Dia holds inside her little head never ceases to amaze me! <p>---------------

"Well slap a dead fish on me and call me Molokidan!"</p>

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:13 am

Dude, Dia. Molo just called your head 'little.' Are you gonna stand for that? <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:29 am

Sure, why not. <p>
<center><small>"We are just poor, wandering corn farmers..."
</p>

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:56 am

Does that mean that it's go-time? <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div>
<div style="text-align:center">M-m-mist f-form!</div></p>

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:26 am

Yes.

Now GO. >={ <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:05 am

Shini, I am hoping you got that quote from Seinfeld, and if so, you are the awesomest person ever.

If not, well, 'twas still funny.

To me, at least.

And that wasn't meant to be anything bad, Evil Instigating Priam! <p>---------------

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:05 pm

Ham!

Also: Purple monkey dishwashers. DISCUSS. <p>
<hr width="70%"><center>This month's "Transformer of the Month" is Pipes! He turns into a truck, and his primary function is not taking out the trash.</center></p>

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:24 pm

Well, it's in reference to a certain Simpsons episode, in particular, the Teacher's Strike. The teachers are gathered outside the school picketing, when Bart, while implementing Operation: Strike Go Longer, whispers in a teacher's ear, "I heard Skinner say the teachers will crack any moment." The message is then telephoned to the front where Mrs. Krabappel is standing with a megaphone. The message now says, "Skinner says the teacher will crack any moment purple monkey dishwasher."

Krabappel is indignant, and shouts, "Well, we'll show him. Especially about that purple monkey dishwasher remark."

... and, it's the only Simpsons quote that's stuck around for more than one post on this board.

... >.> What? <p>--------------------
ImageAnd remember kids, SMOKING IS WRONG...

Get in character you. it's rainy and twilightly and shit.

-Vampire Jester Jinx</p>

Reako Somner
Always sleepy, never asleep

Unread postby Reako Somner » Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:47 am

I remember something that FD apparently did not, and that's that the very first RPGWWer that bothered to RP with me was, in fact, FDeth. The first RPGWWer I ever met ever was Dia though, bless her. I don't have too many memories board-wise as I just can't seem to get involved in anything and end up a lurker. I am usually around most real-life hanging out though, oddly enough. Converting over my godmodey ADV life to here was very awkward at first, one of my first actions teleporting to Kotoki's Inn... what? Teleporting is easy right? STOP LOOKING AT ME LIKE THAT! Oh, also 30 minutes into my very first RPGWW RP Kotoki broke Daniel Hyral... it was only later that I learned that wasn't exactly hard.

Also, I totally missed all the early EARLY days, I came just in time to see the end of TDTLTTOBNL jokes and falling pizzas...

...come to think of it I think I completely missed the ADV invasion too, despite still being an ADVer... ah well. Such is life.

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:41 am

Ham Ninja! By the way, Fdeth, whenever did the whole Ham Ninja thing die out? <p>---------------

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:18 am

Old jokes never die. People just stop getting them. <p>KnightsofSquare: DarkLordKelne is a tomboy bunnygirl, jealous of the business successes of her 37 older brothers, she is pursuing her own business degree in hopes of someday initiating a hostile takeover against her brothers' corporations.</p>

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:29 am

Die out? What are you talking about? *Molo is promptly pelted with an aerodynamic throwing ham* <p>
<hr width="70%"><center>This month's "Transformer of the Month" is Pipes! He turns into a truck, and his primary function is not taking out the trash.</center></p>

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Fri Oct 29, 2004 7:50 am

*gets hit with a hearty, juicy, smack*

Yippee! Now that's the stuff that I remember!

*hands FNWCs out to everyone* <p>---------------

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:01 pm

Hurrah! Also, to continue my habit of posting old things with absolutely no explanation:

*steals Rai'm* <p>

SuperRube

Unread postby SuperRube » Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:55 pm

*Licks Ki.*

*...you know, for health* <p>
"Dreamcast's hardware was entirely 64-bit except for a single 128-bit internal math coprocessor. That little chunk of silicon didn't make DC a 128-bit system any more than my grandmother's artificial knee makes her a cybernetic super-soldier." --Jeremy Parish</p>

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:43 pm

*transmutates Rube into a delicious pie* <p>---------------

Ganonfro

Unread postby Ganonfro » Sat Oct 30, 2004 1:07 am

Rika = kitten.

edit= *On fire*

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=ganonfro@rpgww60462>Ganonfro</A] at: 10/30/04 1:12 am

RedEye Dragon89

Unread postby RedEye Dragon89 » Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:55 pm

Birth of the System
Long ago, during the year Keen 2 (MMI) when the residents of RPGWW still worshipped the deity who shall be named "J," our community was still in its primordial role-playing days. Not too long after the Great Cave Incident, another significant occurrence...occurred. It so happened that, without his consent, the unwilling KingOfDoma was thrust into an advenure caused by the man who shall be referred to as the "Crimson-Spectacled Winged Reptilian Being," or , affectionately, CSWRB.

Having fallen from a wayward airship, 10,000 feet high, the King had found himself upon his old estate, a rather floral-lush tower which he had pawned for a more sensible castle because of the increasing Speedo Man infestation. For unknown reasons, subsequent to the King's his accident, numerous citizens of RPGWW appeared and began to eliminate the bare-chested scourges that were grasping the tower walls. To their dismay, the group of combatants were overwhelmed and forced inside the tower.

There, they encountered even more perils. One in particular was a random fray between our heroes and a swarm of magical fruit bats and underground birds. However, the adventurers were in disarray, having trouble determining who's turn it was to act. Some suggested doing battle in such a way that turns were not necessary, but this only caused even more turmoil.

Then, the great PhilDog, at the time, sufferring from extreme anorexia and transparency, suggested an organized method of combat, consisting of numbers, calculations, dice rolls, and turn-based attacking. However, the ever so arrogant CSWRB opposed this new method, thinking he was the unnofficial leader of the group (mainly because of his stylish brown cape and fiery red hero-hair). Then much dissent amongst the members ensued, with references to mediocre video games and much spamming, leaving the bats, not to mention the entire venture, in suspended animation.

Not much is recorded after what happened. As it seems, our heroes did, indeed, make it out in one piece, except for the CSWRB, leaving his pride on the tenth floor. The new method of combat was widely accepted throughout the land, and became the primary fighting style for those who dare go thrugh the paperwork. As for the tower, they say that it collapsed not too long after, and in its place, the RPGWW Threads hotel was built by none other than the CSWRB. However, this building was demolished by the freefalling Lunar Owl, which had strayed from orbit. But, it shall always be open to speculation, so we can only guess what had become of the Big Evil Tower Exploration Fun Thing.

Post too long, didn't read.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=redeyedragon89@rpgww60462>RedEye]&nbsp; Image at: 11/1/04 12:22 am

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:27 am

Dude, you actually have old keen RPs saved?

I must see this.

Also, I don't remember this one. Although if it was before Vulture's Backyard/The Hit, that's probably why. <p>---------------

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:12 am

I recall this RP. <p>
</p>

NamagomiMk0

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:05 am

My RPGWW memories...well, the most significant one had to be when I went to Sugoicon for the first time. I really didn't know what to expect. @_@ <p>ChibiUrusai: *chomps* I am underage. ^-^
Arch mage144: This means nothing to me. =P
T3chn0Namagomi: *motherly voice* Brian! What would Kate think if she heard you say that?!

---Dirtiness in a chat. Blame my mind for being in the gutter.

-Namagomi, who lives up to his name in this case.</p>

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:42 am

Ganon, most of those are ADV! memories. <p><div style="text-align:center">
</div></p>

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:45 am

Yeah, Ganon. Go home. :( <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div>
<div style="text-align:center">M-m-mist f-form!</div></p>

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:03 am

HOLY SHITSPLITZ, kids. It's the noob defender!

Oh, and I fondly remember mistaking DM for a male. And I still seem to remember Hyacinth, for some reason. And there's also that Tomato person that got into some kind of flame war with DM.

And then there was that time that my name killed an RP. That was awesome. <p>

<span style="font-size:x-small;">Bebi Vegita: I made everyone into glorious Tsufurujin, but you're the exception, damned Saiyajin. You're going to be killed by my hands!
Goku: I like that better! I'd rather die than be your servant.
Bebi Vegita: Then, DIE!!</span></p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=crawlingreshiki>Crawling] at: 11/5/04 10:04 am

DaFlipp

Unread postby DaFlipp » Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:56 am

I remember way back when I used to actually post on this thing!

*hides from the two or so people who actually remember him* <p>~ "Oh, great. Even better. An uninformed French nincompoop." Kouji Ryoushin</p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:25 pm

HOLY FUCK.

IT'S DAFLIPP.

O____________o <p>
</p>

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:38 pm

Holy mother of God! You been lurking all this time?

NamagomiMk0

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:11 pm

Holy crap! Daflipp?!

...You still exist? <p>ChibiUrusai: *chomps* I am underage. ^-^
Arch mage144: This means nothing to me. =P
T3chn0Namagomi: *motherly voice* Brian! What would Kate think if she heard you say that?!

---Dirtiness in a chat. Blame my mind for being in the gutter.

-Namagomi, who lives up to his name in this case.</p>

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:54 pm

DaFlipp must have been before my time.

End: I remember that. It wasn't a flame war as much as it was the fact he changed what I said in a quote box and I got pissy and left the RPGW forums till about November. >_>; <p><div style="text-align:center">
</div></p>

Ganonfro

Unread postby Ganonfro » Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:54 pm

...Well, they were also used in the "RPGWW Chat" if I'm not mistaken. I have no real memorable posting things from here. Adv! was far more entertaining. >.>;;

Also, I don't have a home to go to. ;_;

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Sat Nov 06, 2004 5:28 am

Dude, DaFlipp. You need to start posting again. Like, now. <p>---------------

DaFlipp

Unread postby DaFlipp » Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:38 pm

What the hell? People actually remember me?

I haven't really been lurking per se, it's more of a "every few months, look at the forum and see what kind of crazy spam those guys have cooked up this time" dealie.

For those who don't know me, I started posting at about the time Rydia kinda-sorta became empress of the board, and was (while drunk on FNWCs) passing out "royal" appointments of office. I became Captain of the Newbie Elite (yes, that's oxymoronic on purpose). I even made two fancomics awhile back, one that poked fun at the fact that I was still clutching to my title after the board had eliminated the position of "newbie".

Random note: Whoever made that .gif image of Jak Snide blasting a newbie into oblivion ROCKS.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=daflipp>DaFlipp</A]&nbsp; Image at: 11/9/04 6:51 pm

DaFlipp

Unread postby DaFlipp » Tue Nov 09, 2004 7:58 pm

In fact... *changes li'l picture icon*

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Nov 09, 2004 8:05 pm

Remote linking has been denied, friend. Pity. I remember that sprite fondly. :(

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:22 am

Oy, DaFlipp, your resurfacing pleases me greatly.

*pleased greatly!* <p>
</p>

Choark

Unread postby Choark » Wed Nov 10, 2004 7:41 am

I, on the other hand, have taken your return as a sign of people moving against me and so shall plot your death from afar.

Or I'll get you pissed and married to a Mail Ordered Japanese Man and you'll spend your life in servitude.

As far as memories go I'm not very good at recaling anything (living in the now certainly has it downfalls) though I do remember the strange spam topic Ash did using on of my pictures of LDC as being humourous and amusing.

Also I remember the fact Ash was the one who made a welcome to the board thread for LDC.

I also remember I weeded my way into everyones heart by making a cruddy flash, made two more, gave birth to the "Divide by Two" which thankfully no one remembers anymore, a load of cruddy fanarts then did nothing for ages!

And I'm still doing nothing.

Bwa ha ha ha ha. <- none evil laughter. <p><div style="text-align:center"> </div>
<div style="text-align:center"> Image </div>
<div style="text-align:center"> Something cute plots your death </div></p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:50 am

All those flashes are immortalized on the site. Also, AM incorporated Divide by Two in his guide to creating a philsys character. <p>
</p>

Choark

Unread postby Choark » Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:44 am

Well... Damn

I was going to put up that NINJA! gif I made of you and me Molo but I don't seem to have it anymore. Bugger.

Edit:

Yahooo!!

As soon as I said that a secret hidden folder showed itself and....

<center>Image
Ninja!</center> <p><div style="text-align:center"> </div>
<div style="text-align:center"> Image </div>
<div style="text-align:center"> Something cute plots your death </div></p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=choark>Choark</A]&nbsp; Image at: 11/10/04 9:46 am

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:20 am

Haha, wow, I always though it was the archman himself who thought up the whole ". . .AND DIVIDE BY TWO!" shtick. Funny how history rewrites itself, isn't it, ARCHMAGE?!

*looks up to the sky, shaking his fist menacingly*

Uhhh, in any case, Cho, I remember when you came, and I was like, "Woah! Another blue-haired-purple-bandanna-wearin'-ninja! Only. . .he's a barbarian too! WTF?"

'Twas good times. <p>---------------

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:19 pm

That is *also* on the website.

Image <p>
</p>

PreviousNext

Return to Discussion Forum