Game Creation Project

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

WillBaseton
Self-Proclaimed Gaming Guru

Game Creation Project

Unread postby WillBaseton » Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:40 pm

Well, just today I came upon a copy of RPG Maker XP, the newest entry in Enterbrain's RPG Maker series. I once made a project with RPG Maker 2000, but ran out of ideas and needed help on the rest of it. Although I lost my preliminary demo of the RM2k version, I still remember basically how the introduction and basic plot went. I've decided that, if people want, we can revive this project with RMXP as a group effort. I'd like to write the basic story, but other than that, I'm open as to submissions for character design, music, mapping, and everything else. Several people have already expressed interest in this idea, and if anybody else wants, I'd love to work with them.

Here's the basic gist of the introduction of the game (names are subject to change). About 70 years prior to the game's opening, the army of the Seerea Empire was struggling to repel a final invasion force from the Republic of Kathan. The two countries had been at war for roughly five years, and both armies were almost completely torn to shreds. The last vestiges of the Kathan forces surrounded the Seerean capital in an attempt to completely destroy the city, as well as the army holed up within it. As the battle raged on, the leading brigades of the two armies clashed outside of the city's main gate.
The Seerean general of the Silver Moon Brigade, Rahan Sohma, accompanied by his three subordinates, Theris Jaelan, Sorion Johnston, and Balus Karterou, tore through the Kathan forces until they reached the post of Joseph Amanos, the head of the Purifiers, the Kathans' last line of defense. Although the four managed to wound Joseph, their enemy desperately invoked a demon within his own body that killed Balus and repelled their assault temporarily.
Rahan, Sorion, and Theris, consumed by rage, attacked the possessed Amanos all at once, and managed to defeat him, ending the war. Rahan simply vanished after the battle, never resurfacing, while Sorion and Theris remained in Seerea and obtained seats of respect within the armed forces for the rest of their natural lives. The four heroes became known as the Defenders of the Silver Moon.
The Kathan Republic was not destroyed, and a peace treaty was signed after Amanos' defeat. However, seeds of resentment within both nations remained for years to come.
70 years after Amanos' defeat, two brothers named Lein and Karel Fleiros had graduated from the Jaelan Academy, named after the late founder, Theris Jaelan. Lein wished to live a normal, peaceful life, but Karel quickly enlisted in the Seerean National Defense Force. Lein agreed to accompany his brother to the headquarters of the Defense Force, although explicitly stating that he refused to enlist along with him.

That's about as far as I got in the demo, I had the main characters' house and the first town programmed, as well as a few smaller locations. Although, as all RPGs do, it will have some "save the world elements", the plot is primarily a war story.

Here's the basics on the three main characters in the story so far.

Rahan Sohma: Leader of the self-named Silver Moon Brigade, Rahan is 27 years old, has short silver-gray hair, and wears gray armor with a gray cape. It is adorned with white and black shield designs. He wields a nondescript longsword and a red shield with his family crest, a falcon, on it. He is a very determined military leader, although in his off-time plays the Seerean equivalent of baseball, and is very laid-back. His elemental affiliation is Light. He is the only character whose design I wish to stay exactly as it is in the final draft of the script. Every other one, I'm open to tweaks on.

Lein Fleiros: The "main character" of the story, his design is flexible. Lein is somewhat skilled with a spear, as weapons classes are required at the Academy, but would prefer not to fight if he doesn't have to. His primary motivation is to live a life where he has the ability to do whatever he wants whenever he wants it. He and his brother worked while at the Academy until they had enough money to buy their own house. Their parents are still alive, but Lein considers them burdens and does not visit all that often. His primary element is Wind.

Karel Fleiros: Lein's twin brother, his design is also flexible, although I envision him as having longer hair than Lein somehow. He uses two-handed swords in battle. While his basic outlook on life is much like Lein's, Karel believes that the only way to preserve their ideals is to make sure nobody screws them up. He wants to join the Defense Force, but get a position relatively close to their hometown. I envision him leaving the party shortly after he joins the Force, and not returning as a playable character until later in the game. His primary element is Water.

Staff Positions for the game right now are:
Primary Scenario Director: WillBaseton
Character Designer: NebulaQueen
Spriter:
Scenario Designer(s): Daien
Script Writers:
World Designer:
Dungeon/Town Designer: NebulaQueen
In-Game Mapper: Banjooie
Monster Designer:
Coder: Zemyla?
Battle Coder/Animator: Namagomi
Battle Scripter:
Composer/Music Selector:
Editor: Priam
Playtester: Whoever wants to.

That's about all I'm gonna give out for now. If anybody's interested, post here, IM me, e-mail me, whatever you want. I'd really like to give this a shot, and if I can get a fully functional team together, we could get a really good game going. <p>
The closer you get to light, the greater your shadow becomes.</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=willbaseton>WillBaseton</A] at: 11/3/04 4:05 pm

NebulaQueen

Re: Game Creation Project

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:48 pm

Phil already knows that I'm up for this. So far I'm just going to app for character design, and assistant mapper (I draw ze maps, someone else sprites them.) I can also go for spriter, so long as nobody else wants to do it. <p>

*Megaman sounds like a little girl*-Uncle Pervy, on the Voice Acting in MM8

"Well, we've made it to Leeds without being robbed or violated. We win at time traveling!" - Shelley, Scary-Go-Round</p>Edited by: NebulaQueen at: 11/2/04 6:49 pm

NamagomiMk0

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:59 pm

As I told him just now, I'm apping for stat planner after-the-concept (Meaning I work off the concept of the attack/enemy/character in general) and playtester.

--ADDITIONAL--: Phil now designated me in charge of battle animations. You may now laugh at me. <p>ChibiUrusai: *chomps* I am underage. ^-^
Arch mage144: This means nothing to me. =P
T3chn0Namagomi: *motherly voice* Brian! What would Kate think if she heard you say that?!

---Dirtiness in a chat. Blame my mind for being in the gutter.

-Namagomi, who lives up to his name in this case.</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=namagomimk0>NamagomiMk0</A] at: 11/3/04 4:50 pm

WillBaseton

Unread postby WillBaseton » Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:08 pm

Coder's one of the biggest jobs in the game. You basically compile everything. Everyone else gives everything else to you, and you plug it into the game. If you'd like it, I'm sure there are forums out there on how to use RM XP. I know a lot about RM2k, but not XP. Therefore, I can help with coding, but I'm not very good at it and it makes me very stressed to work on it. But I can tell you how to do some basic things. <p>
The closer you get to light, the greater your shadow becomes.</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=willbaseton>WillBaseton</A] at: 11/2/04 7:10 pm

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:05 pm

I probably won't actually app for anything, though I may doodle up a couple pencil sketches of the characters for shits and giggles. You know, because character designing is one of my hobbies. <p>
<hr width="70%"><center>This month's "Transformer of the Month" is Cyclonus! He turns into a severely evil looking jet thing, and his primary function is badassery.</center></p>

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:06 pm

I think I'll apply to be Coder. I can learn a new computer language very quickly. <p>-----
Do not taunt Happy Fun Zemyla.

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">I think boobs are the lesser of two evils. - Inverse (Pervy)
Dammit, Dan, I'm not dating a damn NPC! - OOC Will (Will Baseton)
Of course! Anything worth doing is worth doing completely wrong! - Travis English
Ultimately, wizards and clerics don't say, "Gee, I want to become a lich because weapons hurt less and I don't have to worry about being backstabbed; that whole 'eternal life' thing is just a fringe benefit."-Darklion</span>

Adventurers! | RPG World World | The Phantom Lord's OT Board mkII | Indie Madnesse | Brotherhood of Elitist Bastards</p>

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:13 pm

Although it'd probably be a while away, when you get something that needs playtesting I'd be glad to help out.

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:21 pm

I could sprite, if needed.

But yeah.

Yeah, exactly. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div>
<div style="text-align:center">M-m-mist f-form!</div></p>

Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Unread postby Spleen » Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:00 pm

I could take a poke at making a couple relatively neat bits of muzak for your battles 'n' stuff. MIDI okay? <p>-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

"If a tree falls in the middle of a forest and no one's around to hear it, it was obviously the work of ninja."
-Darkknight

"Two men entered, and...both men left, but not before talking for ninety minutes."
-Stephen Colbert, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, on the first presidential debate.</p>

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:01 pm

Would one need the RPG Maker software in order to play this game? If not, I'd be interested in play testing... <p>

"Crazy is good." - Luffy, One Piece
</p>

WillBaseton

Unread postby WillBaseton » Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:45 pm

It's free to download, yeah. Ask around online, a lot of people have it. If you really need it, ask me, I can send it.

EDIT: Zem, IM me next time we're both on at the same time. We have to discuss the game and system. <p>
The closer you get to light, the greater your shadow becomes.</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=willbaseton>WillBaseton</A] at: 11/3/04 12:04 am

WillBaseton

Unread postby WillBaseton » Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:27 pm

The game is going to be made with RPG Maker XP, so you'll need that to play it. <p>
The closer you get to light, the greater your shadow becomes.</p>

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:34 pm

Do you need to purchase this software? Or is it free to download?

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:06 am

Sign me up as the Editor, presuming this means a position of syntactic correcting and dialog-flow going and whathaveyou. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:36 am

What the hell.

I can't do XP-style sprites, but I map like a sonovabitch. <p><Chat> <Matto says, "What's up?"
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Angst."
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Drama."
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Betrayal."
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Plushies."</p>

Choark

Unread postby Choark » Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:11 am

Lookie lookie

Just to note: By the look of those games you can do an awful lot with that battle sysem if you learn the script language.

Doesn't that just make you drool in Wheeee I-Want-To-Do-It'ness? <p><div style="text-align:center"> Shhh! </div>
<div style="text-align:center"> Image </div>
<div style="text-align:center"> Something cute plots your death </div></p>

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:51 am

Hmm... hopefully I won't regret this (in the needing an ass kicking to get working on it sense), but I'm kinda intrigued at helping with the script.

Choark

Unread postby Choark » Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:40 am

e_e

Despite you people being my enemies....

HERE!!!

I'd better be thanked for this.

And to Make you feel bad >={

Something from the offical page <p><div style="text-align:center"> Shhh! </div>
<div style="text-align:center"> Something cute plots your death </div></p>Edited by: Choark&nbsp; Image at: 11/3/04 10:04 am

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:51 pm

Not as if they ever would've released over here, anyway.

*Zoom* <p>

<span style="font-size:x-small;">Bebi Vegita: I made everyone into glorious Tsufurujin, but you're the exception, damned Saiyajin. You're going to be killed by my hands!
Goku: I like that better! I'd rather die than be your servant.
Bebi Vegita: Then, DIE!!</span></p>

WillBaseton

Unread postby WillBaseton » Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:23 pm

AGETEC is translating RPG Maker XP, actually. <p>

Choark

Unread postby Choark » Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:35 pm

Who cares about that.. WILD ARMS! ALTER F! WOOO!

Now they better release that over here or I'll shoot you all! We got one and three so we better get this. Hmmm, classy remakes.

>={ Heard no thanks yet. <p><div style="text-align:center"> Shhh! </div>

Reako Somner
Always sleepy, never asleep

DANG!

Unread postby Reako Somner » Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:19 pm

I planned to get a staff together myself for my own project, but it seems Phil beat me to it... Ah well. I can handle the first few steps on my own for now I suppose.

Choark

Re: DANG!

Unread postby Choark » Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:14 pm

There's plenty of other staff around so dont fret.

No help from me though >={ <p><div style="text-align:center"> Shhh! </div>

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:55 pm

I'd be more than happy to playtest your RP as well, matey. I mean, how else will I be able to beat Rube?

WillBaseton

Unread postby WillBaseton » Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:15 pm

Oh, believe me. Playtesting will be plentiful. I hope to release some sort of demo before Christmas, although that may be wishful thinking. <p>

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:57 pm

I'd like to playtest too! I'm too busy to learn all the scripting, anyway, and I suck at making sprites. <p>---------------

"Well slap a dead fish on me and call me Molokidan!"</p>

WillBaseton

Unread postby WillBaseton » Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:03 pm

All right. I've heard enough requests to playtest. Until we actually START the project, all playtesting slots are CLOSED. We still need a lot of team members to make this work. <p>

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:08 pm

*coughs*

Edit: Stupid copy/past function.

Edited by: Jak Snide&nbsp; Image at: 11/4/04 4:43 am

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:48 am

December is like, way too hopeful. Unless you mean December of next year. <p>
<hr width="70%"><center>This month's "Transformer of the Month" is Cyclonus! He turns into a severely evil looking jet thing, and his primary function is badassery.</center></p>

WillBaseton

Unread postby WillBaseton » Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:07 pm

Well, with RM XP, it takes about an hour to perfectly code a map. It's only if you're adding a bunch of new systems that it gets difficult. I could see, if we got our act together and filled every open position, a demo of maybe the prologue chapters (since they're rather short) done by Christmas.

EDIT: The project requires someone who is willing to help come up with minor events that bridge together the larger plot points in the story. I cannot continue to write the script without this person, so I would ask that anyone who is willing please step forward. <p>
The closer you get to light, the greater your shadow becomes.</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=willbaseton>WillBaseton</A] at: 11/4/04 10:20 pm

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:54 pm

I'd be willing to take a look at 'em, at least. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

WillBaseton

Unread postby WillBaseton » Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:41 am

Be afraid. I have...SCREENSHOTS.

In this game, PC plot death IS a good plot twist.

Battlefields sure are a pain to make.

Villain and hero rant at each other.

Just figured I'd post a few of these up here so people could get a nice view of how the game will work eventually. These are not the final designs. <p>

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:05 am

Just a comment, but the numbers are a little hard to read for character images with bright colors, like Rahan and that death image for Balus. <p>

"Never let your morals get in the way of doing what is right" - Salvor Hardin
</p>

NamagomiMk0

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Sat Nov 06, 2004 6:07 am

It's easier to read in-game, Idran. Trust me. <p>ChibiUrusai: *chomps* I am underage. ^-^
T3chn0Namagomi: *motherly voice* Brian! What would Kate think if she heard you say that?!

-Namagomi, who lives up to his name in this case.</p>

WillBaseton

Unread postby WillBaseton » Sat Nov 06, 2004 4:00 pm

Just one new screenshot today. But a big one nonetheless. Check out the Character Selection Screen!

There are a few glitches with the system, primarily in terms of making it so characters are added to and removed from it in accordance with the plot (right now, once they join the party ONCE, they're added to the menu). I'm working on it, though.

EDIT, 10/8/04: Demo either tonight or tomorrow. Be ready.
FEATURING:
-2 Boss Fights
-Multiple Outcomes
-Foreshadowing
-Character Death
-Complete lack of ability to write funeral speeches
-Blurred lines of morality
-Four playable characters
...and...well, that's about it this time!

EDIT 2, 10/8/04: Demo is OUT! Download it here, thanks to Dia's awesome hosting-ness. There is one graphical glitch about midway through, I've already fixed it after compilation. The techniques, graphics, art, and animations in the demo are all temporary, until the new stuff is in, I'll add that as it comes. Have fun! Oh yeah, you need the RMXP software to run it, so go get that at the link Jak posted a little earlier in the thread. <p>
The closer you get to light, the greater your shadow becomes.</p>Edited by: WillBaseton at: 11/8/04 8:13 pm

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:19 pm

I likes it. Have some opinions about the dialogue but I'll have to go over the demo again and note down specifically what I thought was good/bad.

Bonus points for use of Valkyrie Profile music.

Edit: And Doug reminds me that the music did seem lackluster at points.

Edit MK2: Alrighty, been through the demo again and picked out stuff that I think could be improved on. Of course, I am just a playtester, so if I'm overstepping my bounds just tell me so.

Dialogue quoted first, with suggestion below with a "-" as a suffix. Any other comments in brackets.

Archivist Scene #1

"The Year Was Global Calendar 9/07/1653:"
-Change the date to the year alone.

(The island nation isn't named. Is this intentional?)

"a country that utilized weapons far beyond the capabilities of its enemies"
-"a country that possessed weapons far more advanced than those of its enemies"

"they quickly invaded"
-swiftly?

"The current emperor"
-get rid of current?

"until, enraged, the emperor sent..."
-"enraged by the defeat of his forces"

Battlefield Scene #1

(Background noise of battle, such as the clash of swords, yells and so on, would add greatly to the atmosphere of this scene.)

"God's Hammer"
-"Hammer of God"

"Show me your strength"
-"Show me what you've got!" (Unsure about this one)

(Note: BG music needs to loop cleanly, not fade off at the end)

Duel

"and wounded our innocent"
-"and slaughtered our people"

"I'm a soldier. It's simply what I do."
-"I'm a soldier. Battle is my purpose.

"I'll kill you and end the war!"
-"I'll kill you and end this war!"

"Looks like I'll have to finish you off the old-fashioned way."
-"You leave me no choice."

Battlefield Scene #2

"Never underestimate the power..."
-"You should have never underestimated the power..."

"What in the hell...?"
-"What the hell...?"

"Final" Battle.

"You stupid fool!"
-"You arrogant fool!"

"...but now I will repay your aggression...with your own blood!"
-"...but now I will repay you for every drop of my blood you spilled!"

"I will purify him, Lord Sohma"
-"In the name of God, I will purify him, Lord Sohma!"

"Stupid fool! Challenging the powers of hell is a surefire ticket into it! Accept your judgement!"
-"Insolent fool!"Those who challenge the powers of hell shall burn for eternity! Now face the consequences of your actions!"

"...FUN, now would it?"
-"...FUN now, would it?"

"His body just heals itself every time we damage it!"
-"His wounds heal as soon as we inflict them!"

(Note: Damage should be dealt to Theris and Sorion when the soulfire goes out of control)

Battlefield Scene #3

"You can't die on us after all we've been through!"
-"You can't die on us, not after all we've been through!"

"It'...too late"
-"It'...too late for me." (Maybe not? Shortness of breath due to dying?)

Funeral

"...devout not only in his loyalty to his God, but to his nation as well."
-"...devout, not only in his worship of God, but in his service to his nation as well."

"Without his aid, we perhaps would have failed in our defense of our beloved country."
-"Without his aid we may have faltered in the defense of our beloved country."

Outside Church

"I could have killed Amanos..."
-"I should have killed Amanos..."

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=jaksnide>Jak]&nbsp; Image at: 11/9/04 1:09 am

NamagomiMk0

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:17 pm

Well, this might just be you not wanting the good ending to be hard to get, but it seems as if all the characters are L99 or somesuch, given the ridiculous damage values they put out, and how Demon Amanos seems to not affect them.

Either that, or it has something to do with how once again, magic seems to be underpowered.

Just something I noticed in the demo. <p>ChibiUrusai: *chomps* I am underage. ^-^

-Namagomi, who lives up to his name in this case.</p>

Choark

Unread postby Choark » Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:50 am

Intro was too long. Didn't read.

Okay, I'll stop now. Pretty cool. I like the old dude with the cystals telling the story. People telling stories is cool.

However: I managed to go through the first fight not even being attacked once and the second only being attacked twice. Any move that inflicts stun makes you God! The demons "power" isn't really shown in the second fight either. I didn't really feel any pressure from him as the characters were, and that dudes death came totally out of no where <={ If you could get it so the fighting was actually a struggle it would defiantly feel better. Even showing the demon healing his wounds every round would of helped, because I didn't even know it was happening until the game actually mentioned it.

Apart from that tis cool. Nice to see where the plot is going in the future

<={ I sence a tragic story invovling that Soulfire thing though <p><div style="text-align:center"> </div>

WillBaseton

UPDATE-AGA!

Unread postby WillBaseton » Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:59 pm

NEWS UPDATE: A title has been finalized. For now, the game's title is Chronicles of Athacia Volume I: Legacy of the Silver Moon.

Also, three new characters enter the fray!

Archon Fleck: A freelance swordsman who wanders the world, helping people in need...if they can afford his "reasonably priced" services. He is more well-known in Kathan than in Seerea, having recently set up semi-permanent residence in the port town used for transit between Seerea and Kathan. He believes that justice, while very important in the world, requires a steady upkeep. He has an unusual interest in Lein and Karel, and becomes a guardian of sorts for Lein when he is separated from Karel. His element is Fire. Is there more to him than meets the eye...?

Taro Maluvel: Lein and Karel's childhood friend, he dropped out of the academy a year prior to the story's start and began his own courier service that runs packages between the many cities in eastern Seerea. Taro is rather skilled in the magical arts, although in an unusual way compared to most mages. As a teenager, Taro found a way to graft magical glyphs to his hands, and these glyphs control his powers. He wears special bracelets to control the mana flow throughout his body, which also allow him to project his aura limited distances. He fights using his fists, augmented by the magic from his glyphs. Taro is incredibly impulsive, and often acts without considering the consequences of what he is doing. He has no innate element.

Schiel Kalston: An officer in the Republic of Kathan's White Hand guard, Schiel is very dedicated to the service of her country. Her mother died when she was very young, and she was adopted by a strong Kathan loyalist. Because of her upbringing, she belives that Kathan must work with Seerea to prolong the peace, but will not hesitate to lead her forces against it if problems arise. While she is skilled with the sword, Schiel prefers to stay somewhat back in the ranks, commanding and healing her soldiers as opposed to fighting on the front lines herself. Her element is Light.

EDIT: A new position has opened up! I require a scene artist who can draw up many of the game's principle story points and portray them as art instead of sprites. <p>
The closer you get to light, the greater your shadow becomes.</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=willbaseton>WillBaseton</A] at: 11/18/04 2:00 pm

Choark

Sorry about this...... The mood took me

Unread postby Choark » Thu Nov 18, 2004 5:06 pm

Image <span style="color:green;">That's a pretty cool idea and I bet loads of artists will jump for the chance

Image Although I can image there would be loads of work to do

Image But filling up an RPg with art sounds wonderful

Image ... course it sound more wonderful if I were to be paid to do it

Image Huh? Me do it?

Image A hah ha ha ha

Image Thankfully there's enough suckers on the board that'll sign up for this so I don't have to worry about doing it.

Image ...

Image Sides I'm too bitter (and jaded) about my own art to sign up for it which is the real reason

Image But I wish you luck cause things like THIS really brighten up an RPG.

Image ...

Image ACK!! Why the hell am I using a GIRL to talk to you all by!?!?

</span>

Edit: Please note I drew none of this. If I could draw this well I'd take to doing the art for the game <p><div style="text-align:center"> </div>
<div style="text-align:center"> Something cute plots your death </div></p>Edited by: Choark&nbsp; Image at: 11/18/04 7:01 pm

Next

Return to Discussion Forum