Remember the good old days?

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

deus751

Remember the good old days?

Unread postby deus751 » Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:40 pm

Does anyone remember the good old days or gaming and anime watching? Before things got stupid and corrupted? This topic is for the angry old gamers like me who wish somethings didn't change or who just want to complain about todays anime or gaming related problems.

List some of your favorite games or anime. Ones you dislike. Or even what you think should be changed. I hope this becomes a popular post.

pd Rydia

Re: Remember the good old days?

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:09 am

I've been playing RPGs for the last...12 years? Although I do recall when the first Final Fantasy came out. It, ah, wasn't exactly heavy in plot, now. Yet I still enjoyed it.

For that matter, Final Fantasy IV (or the version we got on the SNES, anyhow) wasn't exactly that mind-blowing. Some of the fantranslations are quite beautiful, but I fell in love with the gimpy easytype, with the stunted translation that ate at the character development and plot.

I haven't found that games have suffered much in plot over the years--in fact, most have improved, as gamers have bitched about translations (and I suppose gradually improving technology fits in the equation somewhere). Heck, recently, a couple friends of mine from this board bought Suikoden 3 for me and forced me to play it, upon pain of face bitings. It now has become one of my favorite games, along with several older games, such as Earthbound or FF6.

There are plenty of graphic wankers, and certainly, Square Enix has become quite shameless with their whoring of the Final Fantasy name. Still, I have no trouble finding games worth playing.

[edit] Also, about anime, I have no idea what you're talking about. Perhaps you aren't looking hard enough? The closest to that I've ever watched is Tenchi, and that I take in small doses.

[edit edit] Also, about the lamentation about the companies using gimmicks to their advantage...

Gaming is a hit in today's society. Businesses have found effective marketing ploys--gimmicks, names, popular genres, whatever. They're going to use them. They're businesses, after all.

Chances are high that companies never refrained from using such tactics before because of integrity, but rather because they did not know them. Even if they did refrain from using them due to integrity, all it takes is one or two significant competitors to start using these ploys, and if it's successful, they have to play ball, too, or risk going out of business--and not being able to bring their games to you, at all. It's somewhat similar to when U.S. presidential candidates began mudslinging in their campaigns. (I believe this may have been sometime around the Vietnam era. Before, candidates would only praise themselves, and leave their opponent alone). <p>
<center><small>"We are just poor, wandering corn farmers..."
</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=pdrydia>pd]&nbsp; Image at: 12/1/04 12:23 am

deus751

Unread postby deus751 » Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:53 am

Okay ill get this topic started.

Personally I feel saddened by todays gamers. Everything needs to be flashy and crazy. I remember when graphics didn't matter when the story was excellent in an RPG. I even had fun playing D&D.
When sonic was good enough 2d and didn't need any gimmicks.
When square was cool and actually made good games.
When games where cool in creative ways and there were alot of them (NES) and not made to make money off the name.

And it's the same with anime. I remember when anime was not one genre but many because it was so diverse and everyone liked it because it had stories you couldn't fine anywhere else.
Now it has become just one genre (damn most of the new stuff!) The dopey guy gets hit by the crazy female who pilots robots in skimpy outfits. For no apparent reason except for a few cheap laughs and fan service.

Now that is a post for the old gamers retirement home!

The Great Nevareh

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:23 am

"The Wizard" is a feature-length advertisement for Nintendo. I do not want to have to pay to watch commercials.
That, and anything that extols the virtues of the Power Glove makes me want to cry.

I'm an old, old gamer- started when I was two on Contra. Anime is not very different from how it was, "before". The biggest difference is that animators making anime now know more about how to do it and are thus more experienced. Plus there is MORE anime being generated, so the standard for excellence can be placed higher. Plots for action dramas are still pretty much the same, except now there's more exposition and less action because... well, because they can get away with it. Plots for comedies are ALSO pretty much the same, just more risqué due to the feeling out of the industry and the general acceptance of promiscuity in culture. Then there's the Nostalgia factor (everything tends to be better "back then" as opposed to now) which colors many perceptions. Old Nintendo games are very, very easy and very, very short. Their plots tend to be thin (unless the game has been translated by fans who have a disturbing tendency to take paper-thin plot and characters and make them better), the gameplay usually has little depth (because, well, depth is something that's hard to accomplish with such old technology), and the graphics were just enough to get by (and we all know we like pretty, detailed pictures better than mediocre, fuzzy ones). I'm not deriding the advancements of games of old, but if designers and producers were to stop in their tracks and start producing SNES-quality games again, the gamer community would be furious.

That, and if in the "Good Old Days" you had the option of picking between Final Fantasy X-2 and Final Fantasy 6, I'd be willing to bet you'd get the more technologically advanced, more fleshed-out game that might just be a lot of fanservice combined with a goopy plot.

About Fanservice- Look at what some of those old-time gals are wearing. If I remember correctly...
Adult Rydia wore a leotard and a scarf, Rosa wore a metal bikini and cowboy boots, Reina didn't wear pants in her "bare" form, and most of her and Faris' outfits showed off their legs, Terra wore a combat swimsuit, and Celes wore an armored swimsuit. All of them had great hair, shapely breasts, and usually more skin showing than not. Tifa wore the AVERAGE amount an adult final fantasy heroine had been outfitted with up to that time, and Selphie wore more clothes than all of FF4 heroines excluding Porom (who was five years old, according to the game's canon). Tifa is actually a bit flat-chested compared to Terra and Celes (whose boobs extended several pixels out from their bodies (which were only a couple of pixels wide). Fanservice in games isn't all that new.

As for Fanservice in Anime, watch Lupin the Third a bit and tell me that Fujiko isn't fanservice.

I love Final Fantasy 4. It was my first RPG (after Dragon Warrior).
But if I had never played it and it was released today, I'd consider it trash because of its terrible, gaping flaws, regardless of graphics.

On the topic of Wild Arms...
The original was extremely original- it featured a tripartite hero system where instead of one main character, you had three who played equal roles in the story. The puzzles were interesting because you had to try a variety of things in order to solve the later ones (though the WA2 puzzles were better). Wild Arms 2 is basically taking Wild Arms and building on it. Too bad they didn't actually change anything. The gameplay wasn't any deeper than it had been, and I prefer Ancient Relic MachineS to Agile Remote Mission Squad. Games have been getting better- some of the things we see as flaws NOW would have been accepted in "the good old days," or perhaps even lauded as qualities. I haven't played WA3, though from what I hear, it's a tremendous step up in the series (which is in itself quite good). <p>[---------------------------]
"There is great disorder under Heaven, and the situation is excellent."
-Mao Tse-Tung

"I eat the talking bees because I am George Washington Christ"
-From "Bob the Ball"</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=thegreatnevareh>The] at: 12/1/04 1:52 am

deus751

Unread postby deus751 » Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:35 am

Wahoo the topic is born! maybe i am overly pessimestic.
For me RPGs now are kind of like how the Wild arms series
has progressed. The fist was good. Not great but good. The second totally blew the first out of the water with fun puzzles , fun battle system and a fairly decent story. Then the third, where they got one gimmick going then quit. Did anyone else question why they were fighting in ruin after ruin for what seemed a very weak cause? But to me that is what most have turned to. Games that find a good gimmick and quit so they lack in all other areas. I belive that once you start saying "well that was pretty good for what has been coming out lately" you have just joined the gamers old home.

As for the anime reply, at least to me i think i have a large collection and i am finding less new shows that have any good quality to them. Have you read newtype of late? I dunno but that is what i think.

but on a brighter note does anyone else remember the day mario 3 came out and standing in line for it? Or anyone find the movie "The wizard" a little more than a touching movie? *sniff* hehe

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:02 am

I'm not sure I recall the day it came out, but I do remember my mom calling Blockbusters all over the area trying to find Super Mario Bros 3 at the behest of one or more of my older brothers. By the time she found it, only the youngest and I were around, so we had it to ourselves. Mmm, SMB3...

Just recently bought that again for myself, actually. Still trying to get ahold of SMB2. In the interim, I found a SMB2 t-shirt, and had an excuse to say "Doki Doki panic" all over the mall. Tee hee!

As for anime, I don't keep close track of what's new or not; I don't read magazines, I don't watch anime on TV (or TV at all), and I stay the fuck away from normal anime forums. Mainstream anime culture doesn't mesh with me well, generally speaking--too much wanking fandom. :(

I'm to understand, however, that Azumanga Daioh and Risky Safety are relatively new? Witch Hunter Robin? Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi? Basing this on the apparent release of DVDs in my local anime shop. There are plenty more, I'm sure, but those are the only I've become familiar with through friends and conventions I've been to. Or that I can recall offhand.

As for the Wild Arms, see, I haven't played them, but I've heard a lot of good about the third game. I have played the Suikoden series a bit--played the first and third games. I've heard something similar from people. "The first game was great, OMFG, the second game was awesome--the third game was AWFUL!" I have even heard "It was a good GAME, but an awful Suikoden."

Which leads me to believe that people just build up expectations because of the name, about what the game is supposed to do, where it's supposed to be set, what type of characters, etc... And if the game tries to be different, tries something innovative...and it fails, or is unpopular with some... *angry fist shaking!*

However, give the games different names, get rid of the preconceptions and expectations, and people will be a lot more receptive to changes, and less likely to be holding games up in comparison to predecessors... Of course, that'll be getting rid of the gain in sales from the association between games. :|

Also, hell, it's one in the morning here. I'll probably be turning in now, so expect any replies to be...well, I'd say in the morning, but that'd be awfully optimistic. ;P Talk to you later on! <p>
</p>

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:35 am

A quick note about my opinion on graphics in RPGs.

Graphics are a tool to be used for storytelling. The more cinematic they can make the story with modern day graphics, the better. The ability to do stuff that only FMVs used to be able to do is a definite benefit, since such sequences can be used on a regular basis rather than just for a special treat. Secondly 3d models can be far more expressive than the sprites of old could be. I haven't seen this utilised a whole lot, sadly, although that may just be my general lack of access to them, living in the UK and all.

On the flip side I've seen games that try to push the entire 3d thing too far. Wild ARMS 1 and 2, for example. The battle sequences in #1 were bland and poor quality, plain and simple. #2, however, caused my eyes to ache. They tried to do too much with the limited power of the PS. Or it may have just been the psychedelically coloured intro dungeon for the mage girl. FF9 is guilty of this, though. So much detail that you couldn't make it out most of the time.

If that all sounded a bit poorly structured I apologise. It's 6:30am over here, after all. =P

deus751

Unread postby deus751 » Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:59 am

I am not saying that great graphics are bad or some all of the nes games were good. But that now a days they lost what made games good in my opinion. There will always be people who agree or disagree but i find i am part of a growing group that wants collections of the old games. Example: sonic mega collection. I am also not calling for the companies to come out with nes or super-nes games. I just want them to stick with what made the games good to begin with. You can't mix something that has always been known as a great rpg for story and ingenuity, with skin and a cheap plot for quick sales. Things like that degrade games today. People come to expect from a series the things that they stick to.
Lunar for example, not great for all rpgers, kind of kidish but you can always turn to it for fun story telling (though not very complicated). If it turned to a serious cosmic changing plot with out the fun characters what would it be? A sell out. It feels today there are more and more sell outs than reliable games.
many rpgs out are to appease newbies and hook younger gamers. Maybe wise for the company but how appeasing is it for people who have been playing all their life?

anyone see now and there here and there? I thought it was pretty good.

deus751

Unread postby deus751 » Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:09 am

I am not bashing good graphic. I belive if you can make the graphics great. I personaly get excited when they come out with a new engine. But the problem i have is when that is the main attraction and keep little regard for anything else. I always liked the final fantasy series for being able to stay at the top of the graphics race and keep the rest of the qualities good, such as music, story telling, characters, etc. But when you change that up to exceptional graphic being the ONLY draw what then?

Choark

Oh God not again

Unread postby Choark » Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:36 am

Alright, over opininated post coming up full of opinions of a guy asked this question far too many times and really just wants to rant. Plus I have a habit of not agreeing with people anyway. Plus I'm more of responding to the title then any posts!! =D Go Me!

Remember I have been playing games for 23plus years.

You have been warned.

But:

Good Old Games?

Shut the fuck up.

*coughs*

Sorry, bad start.

But really I'm sick and tired of hearing bitch and complain about this kinda stuff that it makes me want to scream when... No. Not at all. No it hasn't, no they haven't, about the same, get over it.

Games have improved. Period. They fit nearly one hundred times more into a game then when I first started playing them. Of course when I first started playing them I was 0 years old and it was an Atari 2600. Or later 8 to 13(17) C64. Whats the main difference is now everyone listens to people saying "Oh they lack the pure gameplay of the old games."

No, you see, back then we didn't have the term gameplay ... plus you never expected anything, you never really expected to be wow'ed or blown away in anyway shape or form. Gameplay was simple. Simple AND Boring. You played games for One Hour at the very most because that was how long any good game was expected to last before you were bored.

Now a few games did hook you, but when you looked at what we were compairing it to then its no wonder.

There is another But too.

But:

You were a kid playing them, it was new, it was shiny and everything excited you in ways you couldn't desribe. It is that that makes old games better. Its not the games, its you. Its if it was new to you, or you were just more easily pleased.

Same with SNES. Here you were getting ALMOST arcade quality stuff in ya home... it still wasn't arcade quality stuff but WOW. Colours. Bright'ness. Look at Mario! God did you see the way that bosses platform Moved!? Mode 7 is the BOMB! Cut scenes!! Mario has cut scenes!! The music CHANGES when ya on Yoshi!!!

It was also the first time many people sampled games of whatever type... so guess what? They're bound to be new and awsome and not seem like re hashed tripe

But Guess What!?

People we're Complaining at your SNES games for lacking Gameplay of old and orginiality. People who played Dragon Warrior or Final Fantasy and loved it complained about FF2 and 3 (American), saying they lacked something - all the while others are orgasming over them. People who had spectrums complained about all sorts of things, and would often compair there five year old games to the new SNES ones like the old ones were some pillar of awsome'ness.

They weren't. Neither were the snes games.

Its. Just. You.

Games are about as much as you put into them as you get off of them.

You pick up a game and all you care about is being blown away or being wow'ed - and just expecting it to happen - well - it won't. Those days are gone for you unless they bring out something completely new - which is hard to do because people have been very imaginative over the last fifthteen years. You have to be prepared to give.

When ya were a kid, having fun was just that much easier.

I mean, try to honestly remember some of the things ya got excited about when ya were younger and playing the game:

Super Mario: You could pose when collecting a flower if you turned at the right moment. I used to be able to play the game just to get that oppurtunity again.

Street Fighter 2: First time I learned the two in one, three hit combo's. First time. and it took ages to get right. New = awsome.

And so on.

You were once just younger and easier to please.

Honestly these days everyones spoilt for choice. What classes as bad games normally has twice as much playability as anything the Atari could dream of.

Then again these days people are expecting games to be more then they are. They have to "Define a new world" or "Suck 'em into there reality" or "Its not a good game unless you start playing then look at the clock nd five hours have passed".

God, they're games. Games. G.A.M.E.S. Something for fun. Something to spend some time on. Not what you live for.

----

Right.

Also about anime - no. Not in the least either.

At one point in England anime = Sci-Fi swearing bloodfests with women who would get there tits out and that was about it. Well it was 90% of any anime we ever saw, the other 10% being something different.

Of course I loved it all.

But these days? You're just getting lots more anime. More then I ever thought we ever would. So yeah, we have to put up with some kid's stuff - but considering its the kids stuff that managed to get anime mainstream and get all the other stuff out over here, you won't ever find me complaining.

----

And now responces to stuff:

Graphics have always mattered. The Snes games blew people away by there graphics. Sure today they're simple sprites. Yesterday they were being turned, scaled and showed more colours then anyone had seen. People would laugh at those who stuck with the MegaDrive when all there graphics seemed dull and borring in comparison. People were amazed and considered FF6 a marvel - pushing the SNES to its limits. In fact many reviewers (even in England despite it not coming out over here *grumbles*) stated that the game concetrated on Graphics Too much and needed more gameplay.

Honestly.

So its a matter of when ya looking.

Even Atari 2600 games. The one that managed to make the one coloured block look better then anyother game would sell.

Wild ARMS 3 is a bloody fantastic game. As a huge fan of the first one I have no idea how you can think its not. It has everything and more. I totally got into everything into the game - the plot- the chaarcters - everything. So no, I didn't find it odd at all. I knew why they were going around and what they wre doing.

In fact I found WA1 a lot less sensible in that region, where I first played through it I went to area's just because I hadn't been there and that so happened to be where I had to goto.

------

SO - all in all - no.

I do NOT believe any company has lost what a good game is and concentrates more on graphics then the old days. I think most people out there have lost exactly what made a good game to them.

Plus I think ya looking at the past too stary eye'ed. Take it from an old bitter English guy who grew up with the old games - every complaint thrown against games today Is Not New. People have been complaining in the same way all through the years and it gets very borring and repetative.

Old does not equal great.

But people will always go on about it.

In ten years people WILL complain that no game released today has the gameplay marvel of ______, where they concentrated on gameplay rather then graphics.

And so on.

-------

WOOO!!

Also: Thankyou, this managed to totally and utterly get all my rantage out of me. I am rant out, and its 08:25. I am free from rantage for the entire day and can live in a positive bubble.

P.S.

Try not to be offended if ya are.

EDIT: HERE!! <- it says stuff. <p><div style="text-align:center"> </div>
<div style="text-align:center"> Image </div>
<div style="text-align:center"> Something cute plots your death </div></p>Edited by: Choark&nbsp; Image at: 12/1/04 4:51 am

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:39 am

If Alex saw more of Arc the Lad 4, he'd notice that they get more expressive when it came to cutscenes.

Especially the end cutscene. It's awesome. Even Bebedora has readable expression then.

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:26 pm

Skimming over this topic, I must say: I agree with Cho. Quite a bit. While I've really only been playing games for around 10-11 years (dating from Christmas of 93... and some stuff before even then) I can safely agree that games have improved.

See, it's funny when people denote the 'good' old days. If you'll remember, most of the titles that came out at the time were fairly crap. Several games, limited by their technology, focused on extremely repetitive styles of play. Brand name licenses were as common as piss when the later 80s rolled around, and they all sucked. With one or two possible exceptions, they all sucked quite a bit. System vs System rivalries raged on! Crappy game magazines raged on about the same old crap! And let's not forget the exceedingly high prices for some titles. Phantasy Star IV, at original release, was within the $70-$90 range. These were the sort of things that kept gaming from becoming 'mainstream'. It was a very nerdy habit, occasionally picked up by a random 'regular' person, interested in a sports game or trying out that new shmup. Decent games from other regions were either edited or booted for 'failing to meet American interest'. For bein the good 'old' days, they were certainly very ugly days.

Now, let's look at today. Technology has come to a high point... many games are not quite as limited, and most developers use this opportunity to cram as much as they can into their titles. Brand name titles, while still fairly common, have a higher average level of quality. While system rivalries are still around (and are just as stupid as before), it has become a more common practice to own more than one system. Prices have lowered since then. You may see a 'Collector's Edition' of a title ranging from $70-$80, but the 'regular version' will, at most, be around $60, a far cry from what you may have seen in the Genny/SNES days. Gaming has become a far more mainstream habit. This means more money for the companies, which insures more titles. 'Weird' games have a higher chance of being released in the US now (re: Katamari Damacy, Mr. Mosquito, Incredible Crisis). I'd say that times have improved. And this is without going on about improved graphics, online capabilities, improved support for systems, and the like.

As far as the actual fun goes, that's really up to your own level of taste, I suppose. I find just as much fun to be had in both the old and the new. I love the Sonic games. Always will. On the other hand, I seriously dig Sonic Adventure, and can, on occasion, get into SA2. I liked SMB3 quite a bit, and spent a day or two trying to beat it. On the other hand, SM64 was a rocking experience at release. And some titles that are around today arguably could not have been done as well back then as they have been today, or in recent times (NiGHTs, Silent Hill, Katamari Damacy, Ico, Shenmue, et al).

As far as anime goes: no opinion on it. I don't care. :D! <p>

<span style="font-size:x-small;">I am an Android from the future, designed to absorb 17 and 18. <3~
</span></p>

GC130A

Unread postby GC130A » Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:45 pm

You can get good recent anime. Just turn off the TV and go download it. Bittorrent and DC++ are good for this, and you can probably find a place to trade for it.

Your statements on the nature of anime these days show that you're unfamiliar with the wealth and diversity of series being released. A suggestion: try Hikaru no Go. It is the very antithesis of robots, fanservice and love triangles because they... play Go. Very dramatically.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:33 pm

<ul>"People come to expect from a series the things that they stick to.

"Lunar for example, not great for all rpgers, kind of kidish but you can always turn to it for fun story telling (though not very complicated). If it turned to a serious cosmic changing plot with out the fun characters what would it be? A sell out."</ul>See, that's what I was talking about earlier.

My suggestion is that some folks need to get rid of their preconceptions, and just enjoy the game for what it is. Maybe it isn't all that bad.

People ask for innovation--but--they want things to stay the same? Not every new thing a company tries is going to be a hit, and a lot of times it's because they try it within a series where gamers don't want changes.

Kind of contradictory there. Silly gamers.

Also have to keep in mind that what one person defines as "Lunar" may not be what another defines as "Lunar." (Good God, who else remembers the various discussions we've had in chat about what the definition of "Final Fantasy" is?) <p>
</p>

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Wed Dec 01, 2004 5:37 pm

Well, Dia, that's a problem with all things. It's much easier to assume and categorize something in a stringent category as opposed to having to seriously delve into the topic and, well, look at it. Either that, or they've been burned on a particular title in a certain genre, or a particular title in a specific series, and presume that the rest follow suit, or are even worse (the law of diminishing returns, I believe).

It'd be nice if people stopped, but they won't, because people are, as a rule, lazy, and aren't terribly excited about breaking a long-established human tradition. <p>

<span style="font-size:x-small;">I am an Android from the future, designed to absorb 17 and 18. <3~
</span></p>

Nakibe
Lady Malix wills your demise!

Unread postby Nakibe » Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:43 pm

Since I'm late, I might as well try posting this anyway...

See, I must say that occasionally I think quite the same way... that older games are so much better than the newer ones and that games have lost their touch of late...

However, I personally have made an effort to keep all the old great games that I've come across over the years, from the NES on up. And I must admit... even today, with few exceptions, the older games are SHORT, SIMPLE, and CHEEZY. 90% of games back int the NES era didn't even BOTHER to have story, which many people feel is SO central to games these days. Most of them also share incredibly stiff or simple gameplay compared to the games of today. Like Cho said, even the stinkers of today offer so much more than the games of yesterday did.

Mostly its just a matter of perspective, really. When you were young and impressionable (assuming you aren't still), the games caught your interest and made you want to play them more. Over the years you've built up different expectations, as we all have. It's not that the graphics have become any more of a focus than they were, or that companies are any lazier than they used to be. Its just that your EXPECTATIONS have changed.

Finally, I personally found the fan outcry that BoF5 "changed so much" and your sentiments that WA3 seems more focused on graphics than gameplay somehow are most common when the developers of an established series make some sort of major change. In MANY cases I find the changes quite good, but maybe I'm just weird and don't mind change quite so much. Or maybe its just that I'm old and ornery.

That being said... GET OFF MY LAWN, YOU DAMN HIPPIE COMMUNISTS!!! *shakes cane angrily* <p>
*lurks*<br /><br />Warning: The previous was a work of Chaos. Anything said above was written by a certified nut. Caution is advised<br /><br /> MY head, Dia!!! eVe</p>

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:45 pm

Blah blah blah.

The entire discussion can be summarized [url=http://www.bonusstages.com/bonusstage33.html>here[/url].]<span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>Edited by: PriamNevhausten&nbsp; Image at: 12/2/04 2:47 pm

Choark

Unread postby Choark » Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:29 pm

By the by:

YES! I am highly amused Priam linked exactly the same link as I did.

Highly amused indeed.

Edit!! <p><div style="text-align:center"> </div>
<div style="text-align:center"> Something cute plots your death </div></p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=choark>Choark</A]&nbsp; Image at: 12/2/04 5:05 pm

Choark

Unread postby Choark » Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:04 pm

Umm Two mins ago.. My Time...

Thats like... two mins and five hours...

6_6.. Wait, is this spamming.. Oh.. Who cares! Not I!

Believe what ya need to believe!

Actually! NO its NOT!!

Check it man

.. It says AM.

Thats, like, in the morning... 12 hours ago! <p><div style="text-align:center"> </div>
<div style="text-align:center"> Something cute plots your death </div></p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=choark>Choark</A]&nbsp; Image at: 12/2/04 5:06 pm

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:52 pm

Edited just two minutes ago. How conveeeeeeenient. *taps fingers, Akari Gendo style* <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:11 pm

*fixes the confusion*

*prepares for the onslaught of rotten vegetables*

I wonder if we chased away the original poster. :| <p>
</p>

deus751

Unread postby deus751 » Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:17 am

nah just been busy playin shin megami tensei: nocturne. Anyone else play? I know im fighting a losing battle but hey i like the old days.
I always wanted for mario 64 to be rereleased but now its on that ds thing. I don't think i am gonna buy. ah well thats too bad.
If it beat this game soon i think ill get drunk and play fantavision! yeah man thats the best! beer and fantavision all the way!

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:29 am

Hey, maybe you can borrow it from a friend? Or get a job at a game store and use their store copy. =O <p>
</p>

deus751

Unread postby deus751 » Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:43 am

i dunno i can't do that. Im leaving For korea in a month for a year so i think i'm gonna be out of luck. Maybe i can get a cheap imitation or something hehe. That and gtting drunk with some fantavision!

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:09 am

I declare WTFery. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div>

</p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:01 pm

With appropriate images! <p>
</p>

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:02 pm

Isn't Fantavision that game with fireworks? <p>

</span></p>

The Great Nevareh

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:43 pm

And the antics of caucasian people. Silly caucasian people! <p>[---------------------------]
-Mao Tse-Tung

-From "Bob the Ball"</p>

deus751

Unread postby deus751 » Sat Dec 04, 2004 3:16 am

don't tell me nobody has ever gotten drunk playing fantavision! Ah man its the best. Its fun and looks really cool when drunk. It's like playing tony hawk when drunk.

Best games to play when drunk.
1. Fanavision
2. Tony hawk
3. Fable (the bar games.)
4. dead or alive beach volleyball (especially the casino)
5. DDR
6. War of the mosters
7. any GTA
8. Harvest moon (yes harvest moon is great fun)
9. and of course Sonic

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Sat Dec 04, 2004 6:41 am

dot dot dot

Any substance that makes me play a game in a less badass fashion is decidedly frowned upon by me, at least.

Though I can see a hallucinogen being very handy when watching someone ELSE play something like Rez. God damn, Rez is pretty. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Sat Dec 04, 2004 11:31 am

You're forgetting Katamari Damacy, man. <p>

<span style="font-size:x-small;">Here's to absorbing in the new year!
</span></p>

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:46 pm

Katamari Damacy doesn't need any substances. <p>

*Megaman sounds like a little girl*-Uncle Pervy, on the Voice Acting in MM8

"Well, we've made it to Leeds without being robbed or violated. We win at time traveling!" - Shelley, Scary-Go-Round</p>

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Sat Dec 04, 2004 10:55 pm

They could help, though! <p>

</span></p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sat Dec 04, 2004 11:04 pm

Or at least make it interesting. <p>
</p>

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Sat Dec 04, 2004 11:07 pm

It's plenty interesting, what with scooping up people and buildings and pets and milk jugs and candies in order to make the stars~!

Drugs would just make it... doubly interesting. What with the King of Space eating you if you fail, and whatnot. :o! <p>

</span></p>

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sun Dec 05, 2004 8:40 am

Kay. Take what Cho and Shaun said. That's pretty much my viewpoint.

There were great games then. There are great games now. They have gotten better in some fields. Does this make oldschool simplicity bad? Nein. Simply put: If it's good, enjoy it. Don't waste time nitpicking.

Also: Katamari Damacy is too awesome for illegal substances. <p>-------------------------------------
Image</p>

The Great Nevareh

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Sun Dec 05, 2004 4:31 pm

I have nothing to add!

Though I learned the hard way not to play Disgaea on substances. <p>[---------------------------]
-Mao Tse-Tung

-From "Bob the Ball"</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=thegreatnevareh>The] at: 12/5/04 16:32

deus751

Unread postby deus751 » Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:09 am

haha i just bought katamari damaci and wow that is a fun game. Ah man rolling balls from table tops tp sky scrapers! ah man i almost got drunk playing it! Anyway I just have say something quick. I know i mentioned me going to Korea but I just found out that i am being based at Kadena air base afterward in Okinawa Japan! Now i know many don't care or think I am an ass for saying so but I had to say something. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. anyway any other game like Katamari because I like games like that. Though it was very short... *sigh*. I am all ways on the look out for games like that.

Return to Discussion Forum