Sugoicon 2004

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

pd Rydia

Sugoicon 2004

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sat Aug 21, 2004 3:43 pm

You knew it was coming. :o

This anime convention takes place in Covington, KY, November 19-21. The website is at http://www.sugoicon.org/.

For those interested, I will be renting out a guest apartment (not a hotel room) at my complex, a short drive from the convention center, on the nights of the 18 through the 21. THIS MEANS: I can provide lodgings for anyone, within reason, going to the con (NOT transportation).

So, I would like to know, how many people can I expect to be hosting this time around? Also, who else will be going to Sugoicon, (like Sarah), because we'll need to find a way to meet up with you at the con somehow. :o <p>
<center><small>"Estella was born 50 years ago from a rock. I know it's true because she told me. Isn't that a great tale?" -- Kidd</p>

Archmage144

Re: Sugoicon 2004

Unread postby Archmage144 » Sat Aug 21, 2004 4:57 pm

I am going to attempt to make it, depending on circumstances!

Don't hold me to that, though. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div>

</p>

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:05 pm

Neato-keen! I'm all over that. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Shiranai

Unread postby Shiranai » Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:01 am

I'm coming. Probably. <p>
Image</p>

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:26 am

OH yes. for the moment I am going.
Hotel booked n' everything.
Lelele~ <p><div style="text-align:center">
</div></p>

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:38 pm

I have no idea if I'll be able to go, but I'll try and do everything I can to make it possible.

More details as they come.

Edit of Power and Might!: Due to working with the family business, I will be getting paid a good chunk of money. If I save up and don't blow it at the cons that I'm working at, I should be (mostly) financially set for this. However, other issues need to be worked out, so I make no promises about whether or not I can go.

Edit of Triumph and Strength!: ...and since I forgot to include this in my post...

As mentioned in chat, I will greaty appreciate hosting, and I will gladly fork over my share of the payment. <p>

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">
*Megaman sounds like a little girl*-Uncle Pervy, on the Voice Acting in MM8</span></p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=nebulaqueen>NebulaQueen</A] at: 8/28/04 11:25 am

Will Rennar

Unread postby Will Rennar » Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:45 am

What Neb said. <_<; <p>Will Rennar / Asura Calibre

The Rosetta Stone -- The Sketchpad -- Asura's Harem</p>

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:01 am

Trying~! <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Why Barius has no family reunions.</div></p>

Vampire Jester Jinx

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:05 am

I am for sure! By bus likely, and likely with the brandon. Would us staying at the rented apartment be okeedokee? o.o <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:49 am

Rockin' <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:24 pm

It would indeed.

Also, contributions towards the cost of renting the apartment ($260, no tax) would be gratefully accepted. <p>
<center><small>"Estella was born 50 years ago from a rock. I know it's true because she told me. Isn't that a great tale?" -- Kidd</p>

Vampire Jester Jinx

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:50 pm

lex will try her harderest. >:{ <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Tue Sep 21, 2004 1:41 pm

Hm.. I'm just wondering about transportation. Say, If I arrive there via Bus, I'll need someone to take me from the station to the complex/convention and back to the station? Will anyone be willing to do it? I'll pitch in for gas if that's a problem.

This is all hypothetical currently. But if the need arises. >_>;;

Also need to know the minimal contribution to the apartment aswell.. Well, this is assuming there WILL be one rented. <p><div style="text-align:center">
</div></p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:13 pm

We should be able to shuttle you between the bus station and such forth. Also, there is no mandatory contribution to the apartment--just if people can contribute, it'd be nice.

And it is rented out. :o Totally. <p>
<center><small>"We are just poor wandering corn farmers..."</p>

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:48 am

Fuck yea.

Also: POW

I am so looking forward to this. I needs me some November right here in September :( <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Vampire Jester Jinx

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:14 am

Lex will also be arriving by bus. And with a Brandon in tow. Same conditions apply? >:\ I've budgeted zee cash to help some on the rentering. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:44 pm

Aye indeed!

Also, all of you bastards need to bring cameras. Cameras I say! ALL OF YOU. AND YOU WILL TAKE PICTURES WITH THEM, DEVELOP THOSE PICTURES, AND POST THEM TO THIS HERE BOARD. >: <p>
<center><small>"We are just poor wandering corn farmers..."</p>

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:36 pm

Fuck that shit. Developing is for suckers. Digital's the way to go. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Will Rennar

Unread postby Will Rennar » Sat Sep 25, 2004 1:58 pm

Provided of course you have a means to get the pictures from the camera to the 'Net. *glares at his camera and growls* Stupid thing...you said you were Mac-compatible, damn you! >: <p>Will Rennar / Asura Calibre

Will Rennar

Unread postby Will Rennar » Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:57 am

Okay, on a rather different note, would anyone happen to know where a good hotel/motel/whatever or two for the convention would be? I need to know because I have to inform my command of where I'll be in case of an emergency. <p>Will Rennar / Asura Calibre

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:58 pm

Give me a few hours, Will, I'll see if I can't get in touch with my sister-in-law and get you a discounted hotel room about a 10/15 mile drive from the convention center.

I take it staying at the apartment with us isn't an option? Because I can go find out what the number for that is. <p>
<center><small>"We are just poor, wandering corn farmers..."
</p>

Will Rennar

Unread postby Will Rennar » Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:14 pm

Well, when you said earlier in the thread that the place was rented out, I thought you meant it was full, but if you've got room in there for one more slacker, hell, I'll chip in! ^_^ <p>Will Rennar / Asura Calibre

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:36 pm

Preregistration is giong on until Halloween--you can still save $10 ($35 for a 3 day pass instead of $45).

http://www.sugoicon.org//registration.php

[edit] I should also note that you suckers are going to want to bring SLEEPING BAGS a-fucking-plenty. If you have more than one, feel free to bring them in case others don't have one. We will not be providing you with blankets and such. :| Sorry folks. <p>
</p>Edited by: pd Rydia&nbsp; Image at: 10/6/04 7:46 pm

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:18 pm

And the verdict for me: Can't make it.
Money issues have come up and i'll not beable to make it nomatter how hard I try :/
Sorry. <p><div style="text-align:center">
</div></p>

Vampire Jester Jinx

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:05 pm

Last minute let down. My prof is a bastard. Lex cannot go due to class. <p><div style="text-align:center">

The lunatic, the lover, and the poet Are of imagination all compact: One sees more devils than vast hell can hold, That is, the madman: the lover, all as frantic, Sees Helen's beauty in a brow of Egypt: The poet's eye, in a fine frenzy rolling, Doth glance from heaven to earth, from earth to heaven; And as imagination bodies forth The forms of things unknown, the poet's pen Turns them to shapes, and gives to airy nothing A local habitation and a name.
Willy Shakespeare</div></p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:37 pm

Asstastic. :| <p>
</p>

Will Rennar

Unread postby Will Rennar » Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:37 am

Well @%)(*&#)@&pi%!!! times two, that just doubly sucks.

However, I'm hitting a slight snag of my own that I just realized after a quick visit to Mapquest....namely, transportation. At Otakon I lucked out and got my car working just long enough to make it there and back before it died on me again....I know for a fact, though, that there's no way in HELL it's making it 9 hours to Kentucky.

As such, I'm gonna have to look up either a new set of wheels, or some mass transit that won't suck too badly...which I've found from around here is about as wishful a thought as traffic that doesn't suck eggs. x_x

Still, not gettin' to meet Sarah or Lex at the con just seems a little more infinitely craptacular, y'know? *punches each of the Fates right in the pituitary* <p>Will Rennar / Asura Calibre

Vampire Jester Jinx

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:48 am

I'd go anyhow, but my teacher has said she'll drop me a letter grade if i do. And i need that grade. >_< <p><div style="text-align:center">

The lunatic, the lover, and the poet Are of imagination all compact: One sees more devils than vast hell can hold, That is, the madman: the lover, all as frantic, Sees Helen's beauty in a brow of Egypt: The poet's eye, in a fine frenzy rolling, Doth glance from heaven to earth, from earth to heaven; And as imagination bodies forth The forms of things unknown, the poet's pen Turns them to shapes, and gives to airy nothing A local habitation and a name.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:57 am

Xaq:

Take the bus, as I will likely end up doing. Greyhound.com works great for figuring out money and such.

Hell, if you got down here, we could take the same bus, provided I end up going, and thus not be bored stiff.

...Or not as bored. Either one. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">M-m-mist f-form!</div></p>

Will Rennar

Greyhound, eh?

Unread postby Will Rennar » Tue Oct 19, 2004 12:39 pm

Well, I would if I could find a bus that ran down there...Greyhound doesn't look like it does, though. O_o;

BrainWalker
✔+

Re: Greyhound, eh?

Unread postby BrainWalker » Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:08 pm

Well, it does go to Cincinnati, which I believe is what we've had people do in the past.

Also: Lex, how much class would you be missing, anyway? I can't imagine it being Kosher for a prof to pull that shit on you for missing one damn class. People do have lives to live. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Will Rennar

Unread postby Will Rennar » Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:25 pm

*looks* Hmmm...that still leaves the issue of getting from Cincinnati to either Florence or Covington (and verse vica).... <p>Will Rennar / Asura Calibre

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:07 pm

It's maybe a 30 or 40 minute drive to get to the Greyhound bus station from where I live. Negligible. It's only that long because of traffic--it's only maybe, 10 or 15 miles. We can pick you up and drive you around, easy, and carpooling to the convention won't be a problem. <p>
</p>

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:43 pm

I'm going to be driving myself that weekend, incidentally--I'll be coming home from Indy on Friday at some point and then immediately hopping in my trusty vehicle to convey myself and hopefully an accompanying guest KY-wards, putting my ETA sometime late Friday night.

This means that there'll be one more driver present with a car, so in the event that we have a large number of people who need transit to and from the con or to other nearby locales (restaurants, whatever the hell we decide to spend our non-con time doing), I can take (assuming present estimates) three more people in the back seats of my car! <p>

</p>

Vampire Jester Jinx

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:40 am

BW: I'd miss two. Which is enough plus the one other absence to drop me a letter grade. And i needs the good grade. <p><div style="text-align:center">

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:15 am

Ahhhhh... well, that is the shits, isn't it? Image

I'll have to IM at you later. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Reako Somner
Always sleepy, never asleep

Unread postby Reako Somner » Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:04 am

Well, it looks like I might actually have the cash to do that, because as of now I have a job, and if I get a paycheck before Nov. 19th (which I should) it's a shoe-in for me. I'll post more info after then. Image

Will Rennar

Unread postby Will Rennar » Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:19 am

Well, it's official now...I've got my bus tickets, my pre-reg confirmation..I'm good to go.

Sorry Shini, but I was getting a little impatient tryin' and failing to get in touch with you about when the bus YOU were gonna take would be (although in hindsight AUSA would've been a fine opportunity...), so I went and got one for Thursday at 9:30 PM. <p>Will Rennar / Asura Calibre

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu Nov 11, 2004 5:26 am

THE WORD HANDED DOWN FROM MOM:

Me: I've been invited to go back to Ohio again this year to see my friends.
Mom: Oh?
Me: Yeah.
Mom: Got the time off work?
Me: Yeah, hopefully.
Mom: Have a good time.

Looks like I'm going, should I be able to secure the same bus as Xaq :O <p>
<div style="text-align:center">What's wrong with this ring?!</div></p>

Will Rennar

Unread postby Will Rennar » Thu Nov 11, 2004 4:31 pm

Shouldn't be too difficult. I put the 18th at 9:30 PM as my departure time (that way the trip can go by much faster by usage of sleep.). The trip'll have two 1-hour-ish stopovers, one in Pittsburgh and one in Columbus. <p>Will Rennar / Asura Calibre

Next

Return to Discussion Forum