Innocence

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

BrainWalker
✔+

Innocence

Unread postby BrainWalker » Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:33 pm

Okay, so, as you may or may not know, the potentially awesome new Ghost in the Shell movie is making it's rounds stateside right now. It's a limited release, of course, which means you probably gotta go out of your way to see it, but that also means that, since a trip has to be made anyway, there's another excuse to hang out with people! Thus, in this spirit, I present a haphazard and unorganized regurgitation of information reguarding dates and locations quasi-nearby, relative to Team Ryo-OH/KY

Right now:
Columbus, OH AMC Lenox 24 Columbus
10/1:
Cleveland, OH Shaker Square Cleveland
Bloomington, IN Kerasotes Showplace West 12 Indiana Univ-Bloomington
10/15:
Cincinnati, OH Mariemont or Esquire (both art) Cincinnati

Needless to say, Cincinnati is the city we're probably most familiar with. I just thought I'd toss this out there in case anyone was interested. I know I am. I also know Jak is, but he's a lime-eating bastard from across the pond, so to Hell with him.

Also, here is the somewhat obnoxious but still kinda cool official Flash site, and here is the list of playdates, as they have been dubbed, in case my information becomes horribly inaccurate. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>Edited by: BrainWalker&nbsp; Image at: 10/5/04 12:42 pm

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Re: Innocence

Unread postby Molokidan » Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:59 pm

I didn't know Jak liked limes!

But hey, Innocence is cool, I saw it over here. INCREDIBLY different from GitS1, I mean, it doesn't even have Fuchikomas. But it's still a good mindfuck, and the animation is great. <p>---------------

"Well slap a dead fish on me and call me Molokidan!"</p>

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:13 pm

I hate you all for not having to drive nine hours in order to see this.

Coincidentally, I'm going to wait for the DVD to see it! <p>
<hr width="70%"><center>This month's "Transformer of the Month" is Pipes! He turns into a truck, and his primary function is not taking out the trash.</center></p>

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:27 pm

I hate you all, but less than FD does, for not having to drive 2 hours to see it.

Incidentally: FD needs to get a new Transformer for this month. <p>-----
Do not taunt Happy Fun Zemyla.

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">I think boobs are the lesser of two evils. - Inverse (Pervy)
Dammit, Dan, I'm not dating a damn NPC! - OOC Will (Will Baseton)
Of course! Anything worth doing is worth doing completely wrong! - Travis English
Ultimately, wizards and clerics don't say, "Gee, I want to become a lich because weapons hurt less and I don't have to worry about being backstabbed; that whole 'eternal life' thing is just a fringe benefit."-Darklion</span>

Adventurers! | RPG World World | The Phantom Lord's OT Board mkII | Indie Madnesse | Brotherhood of Elitist Bastards</p>

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Wed Oct 06, 2004 2:26 am

In related news, apathy wins. As usual. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:32 am

No surprise there :P <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Ganonfro

Unread postby Ganonfro » Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:53 pm

If there were a place where I could watch it, I would go, but since I'm in the boondocks of New York, up by the Adirondacks, it's hard to find a place whose civilization doesn't consist of a small town that happens to have a college located in it.

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Wed Oct 06, 2004 6:15 pm

Hey, when is someone who can actually <span style="color:gray;">go with me to</span>/<span style="color:gray;">meet me at</span> Cincinnatti with me going to reply to this thread? <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed Oct 06, 2004 6:18 pm

I must say Ghost in the Shell did not interest me much. This could be all sort of heavily tainted by the fact it was shown on a computer screen, but alas, that cannot be remedied. :| <p>
<center><small>"We are just poor, wandering corn farmers..."
</p>

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:19 pm

Dia hates us ;_;

Also: I'm all over this shit if I can swing it. <p>-------------------------------------
Image</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=unclepervy@rpgww60462>Uncle]&nbsp; Image at: 10/6/04 7:19 pm

Return to Discussion Forum