HAY GUYZ RENFAIR 2004

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

Shiranai

HAY GUYZ RENFAIR 2004

Unread postby Shiranai » Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:43 am

Yes, I know I sort of went AWOL for awhile, including the time that Otakon took place. It looked like fun, and I regret not participating, but that whole trip thing. Just doing it over again was dreaded.

And so, I return with interest in a much less painful possibility. The Ohio Renaissance Faire opens Labor Day weekend, and while we're not limited to going then (since it lasts into October), we should at least start formulating plans, if any at all. Of course, I'm not one to force such rendevousesesesss upon people and their homes and vehicles, especially considering the scope of my lurkage as of late. However, I wish to redeem myself, and be a bastion of friendness to whomever is willing to organize such an outing. I mean, I believe we already mention something like 'we should really go again this year' since we failed to last year. What does everyone think? Yes I realize Orakon just came and went a couple weeks back, and people are still recharging their Travel Plan meters. But at the very least, we can get the OhKy team together, eh wot? <p>
Image</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=archmage144>Archmage144</A]&nbsp; Image at: 8/21/04 4:57 pm

pd Rydia

Re: Second Chance for Sean

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sat Aug 21, 2004 3:25 pm

I would suggest changing the title of your post to "Ohio Renaissance Festival," so people actually know what it's about. :P

I have no problem with going on Labor Day Weekend, although I would personally prefer going the weekend after (September 11 & 12, Swashbucklers weekend). I really would like to go sometime in September if possible, rather than October. <p>
<center><small>"Estella was born 50 years ago from a rock. I know it's true because she told me. Isn't that a great tale?" -- Kidd</p>

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Sat Aug 21, 2004 4:58 pm

Problem solved! <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div>

</p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:52 pm

OMG LOLZ. <p>
<center><small>"Estella was born 50 years ago from a rock. I know it's true because she told me. Isn't that a great tale?" -- Kidd</p>

Wolfbelly

Unread postby Wolfbelly » Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:29 pm

Out of curiousity, how long does this Ren Faire thingy last? Also, what's the big attraction? Seeing as how I'll be living in Toronto, that's not too much more than a hulk-sized hop, skip and a jump away.

Shiranai

Unread postby Shiranai » Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:56 am

1) Dia, your Jacques avatar wins. Please tell me you've been playing Suiko 3?

2) The weekend after Labor Day, hm? That'd be the 11th,12th. Sounds privatacular to me. Just as long as anyone else potentially interested knows. I'll keep a constant eye upon the goings on round these parts.

3) <s>I'm also curious when Sugoicon's coming. Want to plan ahead for that as well...</s> Heaven punishes the non-observant.

4) BRIAN WHAT TEH FOX!? OMGADZ

5) The Ren Faire is basically a one-season-a-year theme park in which everything is 16th centuryish. It lasts from Labor Day weekend to sometime in October, open on weekends only. And while there's no particular epic showing that everyone comes for only, there are quite a number of attractions to keep your average pseudo-nerd intrigued. Examples include mud battles, <s>cleavage</s> corsettes, jousts, swords and other such arms for purchase, and fine dining. Not to mention, some of the RPGWW crew.

6) My postrank seems to have become random Vulture quotes. This puzzles me.

And thanks for your unscoffable work in correcting my titular errors, fair Diaford. <p>
Image</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=shiranai@rpgww60462>Shiranai</A] at: 8/22/04 1:00 am

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:23 am

To respond to number 6, I would assume that "Indeed" is a postrank between some number and 700, and "i see..." between 701 and some number. <p>

"Never let your morals get in the way of doing what is right" - Salvor Hardin</p>

pd Rydia

Re: HAY GUYZ RENFAIR 2004

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:09 pm

Sean: Lots. About 70 hours worth, I believe. :o <p>

Wolfbelly

Unread postby Wolfbelly » Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:45 pm

Completely unrelated question: Is there a limit to the number of postranks that can be found on an EZboard? Like, can you only have 50, or could you have a post rank for every single post?

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:50 am

I think it's near-infinite. But that'd be a pain in the ass to configure, so there's no way I'm going to do it. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div>

</p>

Wolfbelly

Unread postby Wolfbelly » Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:54 am

Thanks for answering, now to get this thread back on topic ... uhh, who's all going to Ren Fair? And everybody, post your favorite Ren Fair memories.

Shiranai

Unread postby Shiranai » Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:20 pm

I am.

Stabbering myself in the foot. <p>
Image</p>

pd Rydia

HEY YOU FOLKS

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:34 pm

We should probably decide for a certainty, you know, if we're going next weekend. o_o

And if so, what time to meet up, and where (I assume at those park bench things we did last the first time, if they'll be there this year...speaking of which, I have my own cell phone now, that like, I pay for...ask for my number if you like =O) and whether we'll meet Saturday or Sunday.

I believe they kick us out at 6, and they open at 10:30. I would suggest getting there around 2ish--giving us about half an hour to get in, and half an hour to get out, and three hours to fart around. If anyone wants to suggest more or less time, feel free to speak up.

Also, how is Sean going to get there, because he can not of drive? I don't *think* he is out of my way, actually, if his exit is on I71/75 between us and the Ren Faire's exit, so we should be able to pick him up, if he hasn't already arranged transportation. But he's going to need to supply Dad/Mom with non-sucky directions. >:

So yeah. Speak up, for we have but a week. <p>

pd Rydia

Re: HEY YOU FOLKS

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:36 pm

Also, Wolfie: This is a bit late, but--Amanda faking an accent and fooling everyone into thinking she British. :o

Also, the faerie-hunting dwarves. <p>

Return to Discussion Forum