Otakon 2004 [update 31 Jan 04]

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

Teh Kev

Re: > Re: Wee

Unread postby Teh Kev » Mon May 03, 2004 1:02 am

<_< >_>

Well I have registered, and hope to see ya'll there. Sadly, I can't house any ya's in mah room. Am sharing it with my folks. o_o; <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Will Rennar

Unread postby Will Rennar » Sat May 15, 2004 1:59 am

This might help with the fare queries:

http://www.mtamaryland.com/fares/index.cfm

Anyway, see ya there. <p>Will Rennar / Asura Calibre

The Rosetta Stone -- The Sketchpad -- Asura's Harem</p>

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sun Jun 13, 2004 3:48 pm

Good news and bad news.

Good news is, I will have the money necessary to go to Otakon this year, so I will be going.

Bad news is, due to my work schedule I'm going to have to come late Friday. PLUS, I was originally going to try to book a room at the Holiday Inn on Belmont, but due to the distance, I won't be able to.

I'll post up here later where I'm going to be staying, in case someone decides they want to, say, meet me. <p>

<span style="font-size:medium;"> Quotes of the Moment: </span> <span style="font-size:xx-small;"><br /><br />=="Yeah, well STUDY THIS!!" - Sonya Blade, "Mortal Kombat"
=="Buckle your seat belt Dorothy, 'cause Kansas is goin' bye bye." - Cypher, "The Matrix"<br />
View my online journal here.<br />Also, if you have a question about my characters, look here.<br /> And I've been having image trouble, so those are out for a while. </span></p>

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Sun Jul 18, 2004 5:33 pm

Bad news time. I'm not coming, seeing as how my sister will be at my grandfather's house near there, so I won't be. ;_; <p>-----
Do not taunt Happy Fun Zemyla.

I think boobs are the lesser of two evils. - Inverse (Pervy)
Dammit, Dan, I'm not dating a damn NPC! - OOC Will (Will Baseton)
Of course! Anything worth doing is worth doing completely wrong! - Travis English

Adventurers! | RPG World World | The Phantom Lord's OT Board mkII | Indie Madnesse | Brotherhood of Elitist Bastards</p>

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Jul 18, 2004 5:50 pm

Good news: I will be going, now that my mom has caved :( <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div>
<div style="text-align:center">Why Barius has no family reunions.</div></p>

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:27 pm

Okay, some more news.

Remember when I said I couldn't get a room at the Holiday Inn on Belmont due to proximity? I have determined what hotel I'll be staying at instead.

In case anyone wants to drop by, it's the Marriott Inner Harbor on South Eutaw Street (if you want the full address, it's on the Otakon site's Hotels listing).

I'll state again that I'll have to arrive on Friday, so I may not be at the actual convention that day. Also, my parents insisted on coming with me, though they will be doing other things. Meaning I can't take anyone else. <p>

<span style="font-size:medium;"> Quotes of the Moment: </span> <span style="font-size:xx-small;"><br /><br />=="Yeah, well STUDY THIS!!" - Sonya Blade, "Mortal Kombat"
=="Buckle your seat belt Dorothy, 'cause Kansas is goin' bye bye." - Cypher, "The Matrix"<br />
View my online journal here.<br />Also, if you have a question about my characters, look here.<br /> And I've been having image trouble, so those are out for a while. </span></p>

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:31 pm

Um, does that Holiday Inn have high speed internet?

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:50 am

No idea. Call them. <p>
<center><small>Dragonhalf in English: a manga

It's big, and it's red / The red dragon, oh, the dread dragon / but never fear, for Dick is here / To slay the dragon~!</p>

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:18 am

It does, or so says their website. <p>
<hr width="70%"><center>"Quoting yourself in your sig is dumb" - FlamingDeth</center></p>

Reako Somner
Always sleepy, never asleep

Unread postby Reako Somner » Wed Jul 21, 2004 12:07 pm

Attention: I need a room that has room for me to stay in. I am told such a room might be Jak's and Mike's, though I'm not sure. I'll try to put forward $50 to $100 to whoever's room I end up in. And yes I'm a wandering hobo :{

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:23 pm

Dan and Alex say you can stay in their room, and $100 is about your fair share of the room since the room cost around $300. <p>
<center><small>Dragonhalf in English: a manga

It's big, and it's red / The red dragon, oh, the dread dragon / but never fear, for Dick is here / To slay the dragon~!</p>

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Phone lists, wai? o.o

Unread postby Besyanteo » Tue Jul 27, 2004 3:06 pm

For use during the con, Kristen and I will be at this number!
571-232-4369

Please keep calls short on days not Sat/Sunday or before 7 PM. :{ <p>
Mrao~!

Jeridan: Holder of the "Tastes like Chicken" Award.

"IM: ....my brother is a baby drinker." ~Ara</p>

SuperRube

Re: Phone lists, wai? o.o

Unread postby SuperRube » Wed Jul 28, 2004 2:25 am

I suppose that this is as good a time as any to mention that I'll be at otakon this year. With a group of friends at that.

I'll also be staying at the hotel thats totally right across the street from the convention center. I forgot what it's called. It's a Days Inn or something. All I really know is that I'm probably going to be dragged around the con a lot by my girlfriend who's going to be meeting up with, like, a zillion people.

...and that I'll be bringing my GameCube again. Possibly an X-Box as well. Haven't decided yet. <p>

I have a deviantart gallery. I no longer have any shame. :(</p>

Will Rennar

Unread postby Will Rennar » Wed Jul 28, 2004 2:43 am

Thanks Bes. Now I know who to call if I can't find the rest of the group (which knowing me will be very likely and involve such directions as "Turn around. See that sign with the corn on it 2 feet in front of you?") <p>Will Rennar / Asura Calibre

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:31 am

Of note: I fixed my cellphone to the point where it will charge again. If anyone needs the number, they are to IM me. If you don't know where to IM me, you don't need the number. :(

Also, I too will be bringing my PS2 and Gamecube for various purposes. Games on the other hand will be limited, expecially for the Gamecube, thus if anyone wants to bring any, fine by me. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div>
<div style="text-align:center">Why Barius has no family reunions.</div></p>

Will Rennar

Unread postby Will Rennar » Thu Jul 29, 2004 10:33 pm

1) WOW I'm an idiot! Spend all day waiting for everyone at the Holiday Inn....only I'M at THE WRONG ONE. XD (According to Kehra, everyone else is at a hotel about 16 miles from the convention, and here I am shacking up at one about a block and a half away..way to go, godmoder!)

2) If anyone needs to get in touch with me for whatever reason, I can be reached this weekend at 301 910 0195. After that I gotta send the phone back to my folks.

Anyway, see you lot tomorrow at the food court. If it helps, keep an eye out for someone in a black "3v1l m1n10n" or "capture the b34r" Megatokyo shirt with a black satchel over his shoulder & a piece of paper dangling out of it reading "LOOKING FOR RPGWWers!". Also, feel free to mock me for going to the wrong hotel.

In any case though....later. <p>Will Rennar / Asura Calibre

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Fri Jul 30, 2004 1:46 pm

SO.

I told my friend Dru to say hi to y'all. I told him to look for a CORN sign. So you guys BETTER have it. Or some kind of sign I can tell him to look for.

AND! PHONE NUMBERS! I MUST PLOT!

Previous

Return to Discussion Forum