Presidentialityismbaconality

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Presidentialityismbaconality

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Sun Jul 04, 2004 1:36 am

www.johnkerryisadouchebag...nyway.com/ <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Re: Presidentialityismbaconality

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sun Jul 04, 2004 2:30 am

Welcome to last month. <p>
Jeridan: Holder of the "Tastes like Chicken" Award.

"IM: ....my brother is a baby drinker." ~Ara</p>

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Sun Jul 04, 2004 2:35 am

Thanks, from those with very sparse internet access. Now discuss, dammit. This is the discussion forum, after all. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

Choark

Unread postby Choark » Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:59 am

I'll disguss I'm honestly getting tired of people saying "Welcome to Last month" or somesuch thing. Its kinda irritating and very rude and as an Englishman rudeness is near unforgivable.

So, if you please, would people stop using it, if its not too much of an inconvienance. Please. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image </div>
<div style="text-align:center">Cowgirl fanboy - Barbarian Ninja - Expert Mouse Catcher - Holder of the Iron Glasses Of Doom!</div></p>

Lord McBastard

Unread postby Lord McBastard » Sun Jul 04, 2004 7:11 am

I personally don't care, your two choices seem to be the same in general. Though precedent has proven, to me atleast, that George Bush is the lesser of two evils unless you're stacking him up against Elle Driver, Joffery Baratheon/Lanniseter, or Galactus.

You should come to our country and see the Elections, they're great. Six different choices on the ballot, Liberal, NDP, Conservative/Canadian Alliance (or whatever they're called), an Independant, the Green Party, and the Marijuana Party.

And in Doc's area he had the Marxist/Lenonist party instead of an independant.

In Canada you can atleast throw your vote away in an amusing manner, whereas in the States you can only throw your vote away to a third party, and that's usually more sad than funny. <p><div style="text-align:center">
"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wagh'nagl fhtagn"-Call of Cthulhu</div>
<div style="text-align:center">"Go tell your alien brothers, that Ronnie Cordova says they're gay!"-Ronnie Cordova</div></p>

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Sun Jul 04, 2004 12:28 pm

Not true! We have Libertarians and the Green party over here, too! ;_; <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sun Jul 04, 2004 2:26 pm

Also, Canada can have as many choices as it wants. Doesn't do much for the USA unless it goes an annexes us.

Anywho. It's pretty much a toss-up wherever we go. But thus far, one has proved ruinous and the other is only suspected to be ruinous. Thus goes my vote. <p>
-------------------------------------
NebbieQ: After all, nothing says romance like fighting the forces of Cobra and Druggies with a Rocket Launcher of 80s Justice.</p>

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sun Jul 04, 2004 2:42 pm

about the one liner: Was it rude? Maybe! Was it out of line? Possibly!

So why did everyone, including the first one to complain, think it was ok to use on everyone else until I used it?

So, in reply, I say to you: Piss off. If you can 'Old Fucking News' me twice Priam, I can do that same to you atleast once.

You may go back to your regularly scheduled political debate now. <p>

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Sun Jul 04, 2004 4:11 pm

Hey, I never said you couldn't. In fact, say it again and link the old thread for me, so I can see the (error of my ways/previous responses) (choose one). <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sun Jul 04, 2004 4:16 pm

Sadly: These were both in the general chat room, and since my log keeping skills aren't stellar, I can't offer proof, if that's what you're looking for. =P

If you want to try to tell me that you don't go around linking that animated OFN gif, I'mma have to find out where you live so I can pimp smack you. <p>

Lord McBastard

Unread postby Lord McBastard » Sun Jul 04, 2004 4:30 pm

Bes: You're a dick.
Priam: No you're a dick!
Bes: You're the biggest dick in the world and I wish you had cancer!
Priam: Cancer?!
Bes: Yes, cancer of the head.
Priam: Head cancer!? <p><div style="text-align:center">
"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wagh'nagl fhtagn"-Call of Cthulhu</div>
<div style="text-align:center">"Go tell your alien brothers, that Ronnie Cordova says they're gay!"-Ronnie Cordova</div></p>

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sun Jul 04, 2004 5:08 pm

I actually laughed at that, so I think LMB just pwned us both.

:{ <p>

Ganonfro

Unread postby Ganonfro » Sun Jul 04, 2004 5:34 pm

Well yeah, you two do sound like little bitches.

Have a tea party or something, and dress in little girly skirts, cause you're that little of bitches.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sun Jul 04, 2004 5:54 pm

::smacks Ganon:: Your input was not requested, and you have a bad habit of doing the same thing in chat, thus having no room to speak. <p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:00 pm

How about people talk about the original topic of the thread.

As for the website...it interests me, but as of yet, I'll note that the author of the website hasn't presented any actual reasons to support Kerry, just reasons to not support Bush. It doesn't look like he's *going* to give real reasons why you should support Kerry...it looks like it's going to be "Kerry isn't Bush, you shouldn't vote third party, therefore Kerry is the only option" kind of argument. <p>
<center><small>Dragonhalf in English: a manga

It's big, and it's red / The red dragon, oh, the dread dragon / but never fear, for Dick is here / To slay the dragon~!</p>

Ganonfro

Unread postby Ganonfro » Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:24 pm

If I'm not mistaken, LMB's input wasn't requested either, so I don't see why you complain about my making fun of you and Priam.

Also, I'm not voting, just because I want to prove a point that I don't feel either assholes should be in office for the next term.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:48 pm

Problem with that:

It won't solve the percieved problm of giving America a decent leader.

A very sad, down trodden man once said a very common phrase applicable to this situation:

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Edit: Ironically, it's unlikely that I'll be voting either, for the same reason! <p>

"IM: ....my brother is a baby drinker." ~Ara</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=besyanteo@rpgww60462>Besyanteo</A]&nbsp; Image at: 7/4/04 6:48 pm

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Sun Jul 04, 2004 8:54 pm

A couple things.
Quote:
I'll disguss I'm honestly getting tired of people saying "Welcome to Last month" or somesuch thing.
Quote:
So why did everyone, including the first one to complain, think it was ok to use on everyone else until I used it?
I don't think I really need to clarify further. I find myself agreeing with LmB on this one, which is kind of scary 'cause I already agreed with him on something this year. Scary.

Also, on the actual topic:
Quote:
...it looks like it's going to be "Kerry isn't Bush, you shouldn't vote third party, therefore Kerry is the only option" kind of argument.
That's kind of the way I feel, actually. It's not that you shouldn't vote third party, 'cause Bush and Kerry both suck, it's just that it won't matter 'cause none of the third party candidates are going to win. The third party candidates never win.

You know, the last election and this one both suck giant monkey ass. Everybody I really dug dropped out for God knows what reason, and I'm left to choose the lesser of two lameasses. *sigh* You know, this election sucks so hard that it might actually be possible for a third party candidate to win. I should go learn more about them sometime. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Ganonfro

Unread postby Ganonfro » Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:27 pm

I wanted John McCain last year... he's like... totally cooler than Bush and Kerry

EKDS5k

Unread postby EKDS5k » Mon Jul 05, 2004 7:56 pm

Bes sure whines a lot. If you don't want input on your opinions, don't post them in a public place.

Also, I voted marijuana party, because I figured everyone on the ballot was going to do a terrible job anyway, I figured at least this one thing gets done that I agree with.

SorataYuy
The dark-haired miscreant

Unread postby SorataYuy » Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:22 pm

When having to choose between Kerry and Bush, it makes me almost feel like crying. Mostly because neither of them seems to be able to actually start working on fixing on what's really wrong with the country. Instead, they're going to try to fix what they and their advisors think is wrong. *mutters* stupid apathetic population that never bothers to write their representatives...

Therefore, this year, I'm putting Roadrunner and Kyle, my cats, on the ballot! Because danged if they wouldn't be better in the long run than either of those two jackasses.

Ajil6

Unread postby Ajil6 » Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:51 pm

It's at elections like this I'm sometimes inclined to agree with my dear ol' dad's opinion. Which is the following: 1 term, 6 years. Though personally I don't want Bush for 6 years, nor do I want Kerry for 6 years. They're both company men from what my limited understanding understands. If Kerry gets himself elected, he's just going to inherit the troubles and war Bush started, which in turn shall make him no better than Bush to the public eye. All in all, o_x we're boned as far as leaders go for the next eight or so years. But yeah. That's just what I think. <p>[--------------------------------------------]
FETUS. I am a FETUS.</p>

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:58 pm

Quote:
You know, this election sucks so hard that it might actually be possible for a third party candidate to win. I should go learn more about them sometime.

No, it's really not possible. Bush still has enough support that, even if everyone who is against him at the time of the election votes for the same candidate, he still might win. If everyone who thinks that a third-party candidate would be better than Kerry votes for that candidate, Bush will win for sure.

Celeste of Elvenhame

Unread postby Celeste of Elvenhame » Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:39 pm

*points out that bush inherited problems from his predecessor and that this is a problem most any elected official has to deal with*

That's all I have to add. I don't discuss politics these days. <p>---------------Celeste of Elvenhame ---------------

Aaron Lewis of Guildportal: On the up side though, most of the remaining bugs are genuinely evil, sentient beings that actively dodge attempts to thwart them.</p>

Will Rennar

Unread postby Will Rennar » Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:31 am

I know I've said this a few times in the past, but this is exactly the kind of thing that makes eloping with my (now former) girlfriend and running off to Manitoba seem that much better of an idea. I mean, to me the options as far as the next election go are

A) Get screwed,
B) Get screwed,
and C) Evacuate! <p>Will Rennar / Asura Calibre

The Rosetta Stone -- The Sketchpad -- Asura's Harem</p>

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:24 pm

There's a problem with that, Xaq-every nation has its troubles. You'll just be escaping to a new set of problems. <p>

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">
*Megaman sounds like a little girl*-Uncle Pervy, on the Voice Acting in MM8</span></p>

Ganonfro

Unread postby Ganonfro » Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:09 am

Canada doesn't have AS many troubles.... ...Wait... what troubles do Canadians have.... Other than living above us???

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:57 am

The constant threat of dictatorship.

Check the laws, they could do it easily. <p>--------------------
Image I HAVE FURY!</p>

Return to Discussion Forum