Otakon roomage?

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

Ganonfro

Otakon roomage?

Unread postby Ganonfro » Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:21 pm

Is there anyone that would mind rooming with me/share a room so I won't have to pay insane prices all by my lonesome?

Or! If there is extra room in someone's room that wouldn't mind having me, I'd gladly pay part of the fee to bunk out somewhere!

PLEASE RESPOND! >:

FlamingDeth

Re: Otakon roomage?

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Tue Jun 15, 2004 4:47 pm

If you make whatever arrangements are needed to reserve a room, I'd totally split the cost. You know, rather than trying to crowd myself in someone else's. It's possible that you could convince he who trods on brains to get in on this deal, too. <p>
<hr width="70%"><center>"Quoting yourself in your sig is dumb" - FlamingDeth</center></p>

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:34 pm

First off, excactly who is sharing rooms already as of right now, anyway? <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:56 pm

Right now it's Alex, Charles, Dan, in a room, and God knows how many people in the Shini room. Mike will either be staying in the room with the foreigners or be interested in this room.

Also, you'll need to check to see how much a new room is going to cost you. The phone number for the hotel is 1-800-250-1625, and I *believe* we're showing up the 29th of August and staying 4 nights (I'd double check with whoever make the reservation for the Shini room to make for sure; or, I can double check with Dad next time I see him). Remember to ask for the 21 day advance rate. <p>
<center><small>Dragonhalf in English: a manga

It's big, and it's red / The red dragon, oh, the dread dragon / but never fear, for Dick is here / To slay the dragon~!</p>

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:57 pm

I know we have Pervy, Shiney, FFF, Bes, and his sister in one room, and that room is, according to that particular hotel's policy, filled TO THE MAX!!!!!

D, KoD, and Smo, at least, are in another room.

I am unsure about lodgings for anyone else. <p>
<hr width="70%"><center>"Quoting yourself in your sig is dumb" - FlamingDeth</center></p>

Nick Shogun

Roomies!!!

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:12 pm

Well, that sounds insanely fun. <p><p>----------------------</p>

<p>--Finally, whatever you do, don't pressure her to sleep with you. That's an absolutely steadfast rule. You'll probably have more success just, you know, charming her into it. </p>

<p>--The spying was *awesome*. It was a lot of waiting, but it was the kind of tense, drooling waiting that I love. It reminded me of when my dad used to take me hunting, except this time, I was the hunter, not the hunted. </p>

[url=http://www.thespark.com/science/fat]
Image[/url]
</p>

Ganonfro

Re: Roomies!!!

Unread postby Ganonfro » Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:39 am

I'm totally up for that, FD. But who is <s>"he who trods on brains"?</s> Nevermind....

Edit: I'm the dumb.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=ganonfro@rpgww60462>Ganonfro</A] at: 6/16/04 2:41 am

BrainWalker
✔+

Re: Roomies!!!

Unread postby BrainWalker » Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:16 pm

Okay, so then what's the deal with "people per room" in NotAmerica's hotel? I'd be cool if FD and I could snag spots there. Or at least me. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:54 pm

Mike requested a spot in the foreigner's room a while back, I should note, so if the hotel's limit is 5 people per room, then that leaves one more spot before a third room is needed. <p>
<center><small>Dragonhalf in English: a manga

It's big, and it's red / The red dragon, oh, the dread dragon / but never fear, for Dick is here / To slay the dragon~!</p>

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:30 pm

Mike should probably post in this topic, then. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:59 pm

Mike never posts. Mike is an urban legend. Mike might not even exist! Oh noes! <p>

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:01 pm

Then who was that kinda long-haired hippy dude Dia displayed so prominently? :( <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Ganonfro

Unread postby Ganonfro » Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:36 pm

No idea, but if we're going to do this, we need to talk seriously soon, being FD, BW, and myself/anyone else who wants in.

Animala
HATED BY SKELETONS

Unread postby Animala » Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:25 pm

I'm here, I'm here!

I'd be willing to do whatever necessary to equitably spread the costs for hotel rooms. By which I mean I'll be willing to stay in whatever room works best for people.

Not that I'd be willing to, say, kill people to equitably spread the costs for hotel rooms. Or kick puppies.

Poor puppies.

-Koss <p>

Behold! Sig figs!</p>

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:01 am

Yes, that's all well and good, but what this plan needs is not just willingness to adapt, but also willingness to decide! Otakon requires a man of action! A man of consequence! A man who knows who all is staying in Shini's room so he can accurately figure out how many open spaces there are compared to how many people currently need an open space!

But where shall we find such a man? <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:07 am

That obviously isn't Mike because Mike isn't real OHNO I'VE BEEN ABDUCTED BY ALIENS

Also, in an order to facilitate deciding random crap, I will split costs with Mr. Fro, as long as he finds the hotel and makes the reservations and whatever! There, that's two at least. <p>

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:20 am

Well, then... I guess I'm either rooming with teh Fro and Deth which is on Fiar, or the guys from out of town. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Ganonfro

Unread postby Ganonfro » Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:16 pm

Hmmm... So I'd have to make the reservations?

Then whoever else is rooming with me and FD is going to have to pipe up really soon, since I'm going to make them over the weekend. That means you, BW. >:

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:35 pm

... The Room hosted by Shini is starting to look Shakey. It's not reserved yet, because his mother's being a bitch. At the moment, if on June 29th (Tuesday) when Shini asks his mother again, if she says no, Dave and Pervy don't have a way to stay at the Con.

Shini seems to be under the dillusion that if his mother refuses that he can use his father instead (She's not going to notice? ... She's going to agree after refusing for, what, two months? Just cuz it's his birthday that day?)

Does anyone have any suggestions? Kristen and I can make it without a hotel room, but there's really not point for me if Dave won't be there. And he feels the same way. ... Just like that last two conventions we both missed. >_< <p>
Jeridan: Holder of the "Tastes like Chicken" Award.

"IM: ....my brother is a baby drinker." ~Ara</p>

Ganonfro

Unread postby Ganonfro » Fri Jun 25, 2004 2:44 am

Well, there's room for 2 more people in my room, which I should have reserved, or at least called to ask if it's reserved, on Sunday at latest. I'll talk to Dave and any takers on the deal between now and then.

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:09 pm

Shit, I never replied to Ganonfro's "that means you, BW" post? I could've sworn I did...

Well, if that "2 spots left" shit still applies, take that down to one spot left, please. Thanks.

Also: I don't think Shini's mom is being a bitch, really. I mean, that's like saying that Charles is being a black guy, or that Adam is being a Jew. That's just the way it is, man. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=brainwalker>BrainWalker</A]&nbsp; Image at: 6/25/04 12:10 pm

Ganonfro

Unread postby Ganonfro » Fri Jun 25, 2004 4:43 pm

That's harsh, BW. But no, I included you anyways. Since you showed interest in it.

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Fri Jun 25, 2004 6:43 pm

Actually, BW's right. She's not really being a bitch as she is maintaining her status as one :( <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div>
<div style="text-align:center">Why Barius has no family reunions.</div></p>

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Fri Jun 25, 2004 10:57 pm

Yea, I wouldn't have said that if I hadn't met her in person.

... okay, so I woudln't have said that if I hadn't met Chris in person (who is not the Christ, despite what my fingers apparently believe) and discussed with him at length his mother and her propensity toward bitchitude. Or bitchosity. Whichever you prefer. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=brainwalker>BrainWalker</A]&nbsp; Image at: 6/25/04 10:57 pm

Ganonfro

Unread postby Ganonfro » Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:10 am

So, she's a practicer of Bitchcraft?

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:18 am

Dia saves the day! ... Barring disaster. =D; <p>
Jeridan: Holder of the "Tastes like Chicken" Award.

"IM: ....my brother is a baby drinker." ~Ara</p>

Ganonfro

Unread postby Ganonfro » Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:00 pm

THE ROOM IS CONFIRMED. Check in time is 3:00 PM on July 29th. The rate is 70/night, for the 4 person, two bedded room.

Therefore, 280 + 13% per night = 316.4

316.4 / 4 = 79.1 Each.

Therefore, GIVE ME MONIES, BW, KOSS, AND FD. >:

Return to Discussion Forum