A decision I've made...

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

A decision I've made...

Unread postby ChristianC » Sun Jun 27, 2004 5:49 pm

I'm going to quit coming here.

This is a rant, if you don't feel like reading it, feel like it doesn't concern you or feel that in any other way you shouldn't read it, don't. Your decision, that's why we've got democracy. Woo. But for you who want to know for whatever reason I've made this decision, I'm going to write it down here.

I'm going to put this simple, first of all, it's got nothing to do with you guys, this is a decision I formed a little while ago due to a lack of time and interest I've been experiencing recently.

Lately I have barely had any interest in coming here. The forum is almost dead except for the RPs, the Chats aren't really giving me anything and the chat roleplaying has for me been short and far between.

I'm currently roleplaying in one game and gamemastering another, here. Then, I'm gamemastering another at another forum, I'm a moderator at the Narutofan RPG Forum AND the NarutoFanworks admin at DevArt AND I'm playing four time-taking campaigns in real life, not to mention the time I'm spending on IRC doing one-on-one's that I really shouldn't... I'm getting burned out.

It was different before, a while ago I was ONLY hanging at the Kotoki's inn, posting crazy stuff, and that was fine. Then I did both RPing and crazy stuff, and that was fine. But now I'm just here for the RP, and to be frank, I've got enough, or too much, of it as it is. This isn't something unique to RPGWW, I'm cutting myself off from several places.

I don't remember when I joined this place and the experiences have been mixed. I might not have been a front figure, but I've tried, many times, often unsuccessful ( ;) ) and from time to time I've felt more or less welcome here.

Things change, everything does, and this community isn't as small and personal as it used to be, and that's the painful truth. I'm absolutely thrilled that we've managed to grow this much, plenty of thanks going to our excellent GMs, IanJ who've linked us and, through his lack of being here, supported us... I think... but, most importantly, thanks to that spirit of "Let's fucking do some serious RPing".

But I have to leave. I love you guys, new guys, old guys, guys who've popped up every now and then, everyone of you, but I don't really feel a part of this group anymore, and I don't think I HAVE for a long time, if I ever did. I had a brief period when I was AIM RPing last summer, but due to time-zones and shit, that's something I don't want to do again.

Some of you might think these are sad news, some of you might be relieved that I'm leaving and most of you'll go "Who the fuck is this guy?", but I just want you to know that I've had some great fucking times here, and there have been times when you guys have really made me down. But I mean, that's life, you can't always be happy or you'll get bored of it.

So now I'm going to continue the RPs I'm in until they're finished and then that will most likely be the last you see of me. I hope I'll be hanging around RandomIdiocy a bit and if you ever feel like contacting, I'm on DA, as well as AIM (as often as I can) and msn, soptunnan2k4@hotmail.com , but now this will be the last post for me outside the RP section.

You take care guys, good luck in the future and I love you all. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Christian Cordeus - Shamelessly stealing school supplies since 1993.</div></p>

BrainWalker
✔+

Re: A decision I've made...

Unread postby BrainWalker » Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:37 am

First things first.
Quote:
The forum is almost dead except for the RPs
... what? What are you smoking? The only way I can see describing this board as "dead" is if you compare it to the insanity of hugeass boards like the Megatokyo forums or something.

...shit, it's Monday, isn't it? I need to go check my webcomics.
Quote:
[everything else]
Well, that makes sense. Life, and all that. Too bad.

I can't really come up with something enigmatic or meaningful to say, which isn't due to lack of trying... so I guess I'll just say that I'll miss you. Even if you weren't around much, and even if you are a closet damned dirty furry. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

pd Rydia

Re: A decision I've made...

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:53 pm

Bye bye. See you around, on like, DA and stuff. <p>
<center><small>Dragonhalf in English: a manga

It's big, and it's red / The red dragon, oh, the dread dragon / but never fear, for Dick is here / To slay the dragon~!</p>

Nick Shogun

bring back that lovin' feeling.

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:12 pm

Gone, eh? Damn... you were one of the good RPers. Who spelled properly and capitalized correctly and the whole 'shibang.' I drew a picture of you once, and even put you in the RPGWW Comic, if you remember. You were the 'sly, two-faced villain.' It was fun, that. Interesting characters, too. But I can understand your reasoning, seeing as how I've been dragging lately too.

I took about a year off from RPGWW to clear my head, and when I came back in the spring of this year, it seemed a little... slower. But I endure. They're all nice, great people, and you said so yourself.

More of the same, and so forth. So I'll catch you on AIM sometime, then. Don't worry about the RP. Later. <p>----------------------
--Finally, whatever you do, don't pressure her to sleep with you. That's an absolutely steadfast rule. You'll probably have more success just, you know, charming her into it.

--The spying was *awesome*. It was a lot of waiting, but it was the kind of tense, drooling waiting that I love. It reminded me of when my dad used to take me hunting, except this time, I was the hunter, not the hunted.</p>

Return to Discussion Forum