Botcon 2004

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

FlamingDeth

Botcon 2004

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:26 am

Badabing.

So, Botcon, the annual Transformers convention. As some may know, I'm probably the single biggest Transformers fan on the forums. As far fewer people probably know, this year is going to be the last time a Botcon is going to be held. Conclusion? Regardless of whether anyone else goes or not, I must go, and it will likely prevent me from going to Otakon. Oh noes!

So, yeah. Important information:

June 19-20, 2004
Pasadena Convention Center
Pasadena, California

General walkin admission price is $15 each day if you don't preregister, $35 for the entire convention if you prepay, and prepayment forms must be postmarked no later than May 1st.

Anyhow. Transformers, and possibly the once in a lifetime opportunity to meet me! What more could you possibly ask for? :D? <p><center><table border=0><td>Image</td><td>

I don't know what the hell this thing is, but the chicks dig it.

</td></table></center></p>Edited by: FlamingDeth at: 1/7/04 3:58 pm

SALSAlys

Whee?

Unread postby SALSAlys » Wed Jan 07, 2004 1:37 pm

'Twould be just a few days after my birthday. =O

I'll see if I can attend or not. I'm not a big Transformers fan, but meeting RPGWWers =shizzy.

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Re: Whee?

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Wed Jan 07, 2004 1:47 pm

It would mean being unable to go to Otakon for me (two trips to america in a month = too much money) so I'll have to say no, despite my love for transformers.
<p>

I am just too damn British.
</p>

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Wed Jan 07, 2004 4:20 pm

I'm afraid that I hate travelling with the passion of a thousand burning suns, so though Transformers are the shit, and I could probably afford it, apathy wins. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Wed Jan 07, 2004 7:04 pm

All you people posting to say that you can't go suck. I mean, they're special guest person is Peter Cullen, AKA Optimus fucking Prime. :O

Conclusion: 'Lys gets herself a cookie. <p><center><table border=0><td>Image</td><td>

</td></table></center></p>

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Wed Jan 07, 2004 7:07 pm

HOLY FUCKING SHIT! OPTIMUS PRIME!

Damnit do not tempt me so!
<p>

I am just too damn British.
</p>

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:49 pm

More info:

I'm likely going to be staying at the Pasadena Hilton, as it's within walking distance of the convention center, and relatively cheap. More people = less per person for a room, and stuff, but we all know that. <p><center><table border=0><td>Image</td><td>

Nick Shogun

Tempting, really.

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Sun Feb 08, 2004 2:28 pm

My two friends and I will also be attending Botcon, and since I have no idea what our living arrangements are, I'm tempted to share a room.

FlamingDeth

Re: Tempting, really.

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:51 pm

Hurrah! <p><center><table border=0><td>Image</td><td>

Nick Shogun

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:14 pm

The problem with my friends is that they are lazy. We're discussing it, and I don't know what's up. All I know is that I'm driving my FUCKING MINIVAN TO CALIFORNIA.

Stay tuned, I'm running you past them, but they are losers and might look badly on 'sharing a room with a strange man they've never met.'

Squares.

Nick Shogun

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Fri Mar 26, 2004 9:05 pm

It's in Pasadena, right? My plan is most likely to drive the ten hours to San Fernando, then stay at my grandparents. Then on the 18th I can drive five hours to Pasadena. 18th would probably be the only night, however. 19th, depending on what kind of attractions there are, we'll most likely leave early and drive back to my grandma's.

If the Hilton looks good, I'd have no problem sharing a room with you. There are three of us: me, Anthony, and Chris. Right now the trip's looking like it's gonna cost $500 for me, so less money is GREAT.

How much do they charge nightly for a two-bedroom? Can we reserve a spot now, so it won't be impossible to get a room?

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=nickshogun>Nick] at: 3/26/04 9:09 pm

Nick Shogun

Re: Botcon 2004

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Sat Mar 27, 2004 10:33 pm

I hear there's a hotel in Pasadena that offers a discount to conventioneers... have you heard about that?

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Mon Mar 29, 2004 5:02 pm

I know not of this hotel you speak of. I was planning on the Hilton because it's reasonably priced (relatively), within walking distance of the venue, and has free shuttles to and from the airport. Still, feel free to find out which hotel this is, and if it's close enough I might switch to that one.

ALSO: I was planning on making reservations relatively soon, so hurry up on solidifying dates, foo'. >: <p>Image</p>

Nick Shogun

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Sun Apr 04, 2004 12:36 am

The Sheraton Pasadena hotel is located in the same complex as the Pasadena Conference Center and has given us a discounted rate for attendees. The room rate is $99.00 per night for up to four people, plus occupancy tax of 14.6%. The parking rate for overnight guests is $7.00 per day with in and out privileges. The hotel is located at 303 E Cordova St, and the phone number for reservations is (626) 449-4000 or (800) 457-7940. Be sure to mention "BotCon 2004" when you call.

Since there'd be four of us, it works pretty well.

Nick Shogun

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Sun Apr 11, 2004 4:03 am

Okay, it seems my friends have already planned our arrangements, so I won't be able to split costs with you. They know somebody that lives nearby. I'd invite you, but all my friends are anal retentive about strangers. However, if you want to tell me what you'll be wearing, I can keep an eye out for you Friday evening, Saturday, and Sunday morning.

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:53 pm

I am, in case anyone was wondering, staying in the Mariott. I will also likely be wearing cargo pants and Hawaiian shirts, which nobody else ever could ever possibly wear.

Alternatively, we could just arrange to meet somewhere some time.

EDIT: A Nick Shogun will give me his AIM name, so as to allow me to contact him about stuff.

EDIT2: Or just IM me. FDeth, blah blah blah. <p>
<hr width="70%"><center>Superion, Autobot air gestalt, recently died protecting Los Angeles from a nuclear missile. Rest in peace. :(</center></p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=flamingdeth>FlamingDeth</A] at: 6/2/04 6:07 pm

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:51 pm

Botcon is over, unsticky kthx. <p>
<hr width="70%"><center>"Quoting yourself in your sig is dumb" - FlamingDeth</center></p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:37 pm

NEVER. <p>
<center><small>Dragonhalf in English: a manga

It's big, and it's red / The red dragon, oh, the dread dragon / but never fear, for Dick is here / To slay the dragon~!</p>

Return to Discussion Forum