Otakon Update.

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

Elementalist Daien

Otakon Update.

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Sun Jun 13, 2004 2:07 pm

Well, there's not much to say.

Except that, nine out of ten, chances are that I won't be able to afford everything that needs to be done to get to Otakon. Therefore, I most likely will not be coming. Things may change in the few remaining weeks, but I doubt it.

So, don't watch this space for updates. There probably won't be any.

pd Rydia

Re: Otakon Update.

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sun Jun 13, 2004 2:47 pm

Fuck.

Dan, I wish you could have let me know before. The hotel room is already reserved. This is incredibly...bad. Someone's going to need to pay for the room, and I don't have the money. I don't think Alex and Charles are willing, or even able, to pay 1/3 again to cover the increase in cost. And I can't cancel the reservation--assuming Dad will let them stay in our room--unless I know for a certainty you *aren't* coming. What should I do? <p>
<center><small>Dragonhalf in English: a manga

It's big, and it's red / The red dragon, oh, the dread dragon / but never fear, for Dick is here / To slay the dragon~!</p>Edited by: pd Rydia&nbsp; Image at: 6/13/04 4:09 pm

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Sun Jun 13, 2004 5:16 pm

Dude, I'll take the spot, so that we don't overload Shiney et al's room. <p>
<hr width="70%"><center>"Quoting yourself in your sig is dumb" - FlamingDeth</center></p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sun Jun 13, 2004 6:03 pm

Are you sure, FD? I forget the exact price of the room, but I think it was $280 plus tax, which would put it a little over $310. If the room was split between you, Alex, Charles, and Mike (who also contacted me over AIM to let me know he would be interested in a spot in the room), that'd still be about $80 a person. <p>

It's big, and it's red / The red dragon, oh, the dread dragon / but never fear, for Dick is here / To slay the dragon~!</p>

Choark

Unread postby Choark » Sun Jun 13, 2004 6:46 pm

*laughs*

A lot of people are fighting for a spot ni this room. Ah well, I suggest a sudden death match if it ever comes down to it. Winner takes all, losers are dead so it hardly matters what second prize is >=P <p><div style="text-align:center">Image </div>
<div style="text-align:center">Cowgirl fanboy - Barbarian Ninja - Expert Mouse Catcher - Holder of the Iron Glasses Of Doom!</div></p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sun Jun 13, 2004 7:25 pm

The more people in the room, the cheaper it is for all involved. Therefore...no death needed. :o Unless you really want to, but I would suggest saving all death related incidents for after Otakon. <p>

It's big, and it's red / The red dragon, oh, the dread dragon / but never fear, for Dick is here / To slay the dragon~!</p>

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Sun Jun 13, 2004 8:03 pm

I might be willing to help with the cost of that room, but I'm still wishy-washy about the whole "going or not" issue, what with being a poor shmuck. Plus, Cho and Shan aren't going. That's two huge chunks of motivation cut out of it for me. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Sun Jun 13, 2004 8:51 pm

Yeah, $80 is fine by me. Also, I have supreme confidence that I would win any death matches that ensue.

And Brian will go, lest he be swarmed by bunnies (which I am full of). <p>
<hr width="70%"><center>"Quoting yourself in your sig is dumb" - FlamingDeth</center></p>

Choark

Unread postby Choark » Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:23 am

And not to turn this into spam but:

F-deth. your confidence is your downfall! Rawr! <p><div style="text-align:center">Image </div>
<div style="text-align:center">Cowgirl fanboy - Barbarian Ninja - Expert Mouse Catcher - Holder of the Iron Glasses Of Doom!</div></p>

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:22 am

While I haven't spoken to Dan to absolutely, positively confirm it, a text message from back home says that his Dad rang my own today, and he is coming after all.

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:57 am

Dear Dia:

1) I couldn't. News hit me like a ton of bricks.

2) Indeed, Alex knows. I will answer you come this eve.

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:22 am

Update!

According to an IM with Cho yesterday, he is, in fact, coming. This combined with FD's bunny-ful-ness and Jak's... umm... Alexness, has bolstered my enthusiasm for Otakon '04.

I suppose I should attempt to make some sort of arrangements with Team NotAmericans as far as the room goes, then. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:23 pm

Hey, the less it costs me for that room, the better. I'll be willing to take the floor, too, if it's free.

SALSAlys

Oh my.

Unread postby SALSAlys » Mon Jun 14, 2004 1:16 pm

Just a note: One of my friends (Dru, aka scanner boy) is likely going to Otakon. He'll have his own lodgings (with his sister, I believe) but I might harass him into meeting you guys up, if y'all promise to be gentle with the fragile man.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Jun 14, 2004 1:33 pm

Shizzy. I'm glad to see that's worked out.

You worried me there, boi. :( <p>

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:31 pm

...oh. Well then, I still call his lodgings. >: <p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Jun 14, 2004 6:40 pm

I suppose that could be arranged. :o

Question, though. If you're coming to visit us before Otakon, how are you getting from Cincinnati to Baltimore? <p>

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Tue Jun 15, 2004 8:39 am

Dear BW and Dia: Yes.

Dear FD: No.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:25 pm

Dan: I believe he means sharing the room, i.e. sharing the costs by snagging a spot on the floor or somesuch. <p>

It's big, and it's red / The red dragon, oh, the dread dragon / but never fear, for Dick is here / To slay the dragon~!</p>Edited by: pd Rydia&nbsp; Image at: 6/15/04 12:26 pm

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:59 pm

As far as people getting from Cincinnatti to Baltimore...

...ummm...

isn't that where I come in? You know, since the rest of you uppity bastards were too selfish to get a hugeass fucking expensive vehicle that we could all ride in, thus saving BW a metric asston of gas money :( <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:11 pm

We're GETTING a huge ass expensive vehicle, just not THAT big. It's almost full, though, because there's a assload of people staying at my house, remember? I think there's room for maybe one more, which is why I'm asking how FD is getting to Baltimore. <p>

It's big, and it's red / The red dragon, oh, the dread dragon / but never fear, for Dick is here / To slay the dragon~!</p>Edited by: pd Rydia&nbsp; Image at: 6/15/04 1:14 pm

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:31 pm

I had talked with BW (who is totally awesome, I'm not even kidding), and he agreed to port me over yonder.

HOWEVER! If it's just "almost full" and not "totally full", and no one else decides they need to shove themselves into the clown car full of foreigners, then it's possible that I'd go in that. Possibly. <p>

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:33 pm

Can't you strap me to the roof or toss me in the back with the luggage, or something? :( <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Tue Jun 15, 2004 8:02 pm

Then how would Pervy get to the con? <p>

Nick Shogun

BURN.

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:14 pm

Ah, the wonders of the common minivan. <p>[p]----------------------[/p]

[p]--Finally, whatever you do, don't pressure her to sleep with you. That's an absolutely steadfast rule. You'll probably have more success just, you know, charming her into it. [/p]

[p]--The spying was *awesome*. It was a lot of waiting, but it was the kind of tense, drooling waiting that I love. It reminded me of when my dad used to take me hunting, except this time, I was the hunter, not the hunted. [/p]

</p>

Return to Discussion Forum