If you can play a musical intrament this might interest you!

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

Trom Kehra

If you can play a musical intrament this might interest you!

Unread postby Trom Kehra » Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:57 pm

I found a web site where you can get sheet music for almost every final fantasy song. In fact I can show some of the songs on the forum and I thought it'd be nifty to play it at Otakon. It can be done! We have quite a few weeks before otakon and these songs aren't that hard, it's not like I'm asking to play sephiroths theme @.@. there are many that are easy to learn and fun to play ^_^. Though you might want to know that most of this music is either meant for the trumpet, clarinet, flute (Maybe in some parts) and the violin. I don't get to see many other music parts but if you think you can play another instrument to them let me know. ::scratches the back of my head:: Course it'd probably be a good idea to see if any one WANTS to do this first ^^;;. I hope you do o.o cause it'd be kinda fun if you think about it!

Where would we play this either at the convention, if people are confident enough to play there, or we can just play to the forum nothing wrong with keeping it with just friends. Also some of these songs seem to be duets only, though that doesn't mean we can't add people to them, such as instead of having one flutist and one clarinetist we have two of each that kinda thing. Though you'd have to practice on your own time, and on the first day we'd have a run through to see if we did a good job practicing and stuff. If everyone practices once everyday then there should be no problems. Also if practiced everyday then the songs should be really easy to learn and can be learned faster too.

Also for those that might want to do this we don't want to pick too many songs cause then it'd get crazy @.@ probably as easy songs go we could get up to maybe 7 maybe 8. If we play harder songs we can get up to 4 maybe 5.

If anyone has problems with needing a metronome I know a site that you can use as a free metronome. There's a metronome on the site which you can get the time to it and have it help you, if help is needed in such area.

So if anyone wants to play along then join up and I'll tell you the songs that are available to me and the ones that are one the site I'll need to look for the site. I'm sure it's on my dads’ computer so no worries ^_^. <p>Image</p>

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Re: If you can play a musical intrament this might interest

Unread postby Capntastic » Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:08 pm

You should link the site. Yeah.

Devil5

Unread postby Devil5 » Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:14 pm

I WANT TO PLAY THAT!!!!

Join....

darkknight61189
Rice President

Re: .....

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:00 pm

Haha, that sounds really awesome. I play a lot of different instruments, and I don't know about Spleen, but I would love to play something with some people at Otakon. Problem is being fifteen and all... Getting there would be a problem, and then there's the parents. Perhaps when I get to college i'd be able to do this... <p>_____________
There are three kinds of people in this world...</p>

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Fri Jun 04, 2004 12:16 pm

*reads Devil5's sig, clicks link*

What the /fuck/?

Ganonfro

Re: .

Unread postby Ganonfro » Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:16 pm

*Sings, so it's not quite playing an instrument, but it's close!*

Trom Kehra

Gomen for taking so long!

Unread postby Trom Kehra » Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:25 pm

Sorry about that end of the school year is turning into hell. Though that's really cool that you guys wanna join!

I have the web site where I got most of my music,
ffsymphony.kamellia.net/sheet.htm
and the free metronome!
www.metronomeonline.com/index.php?bhcp=1
If you need more song than that I know there are some other sites that I have that I can give but this is the one where I got most of them!

Ganon if you're willing to sing Sephiroths theme ^^;;you can sing with the music!

I hope more people want to join! ^_^ <p>Image</p>

Ganonfro

Re: Gomen for taking so long!

Unread postby Ganonfro » Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:28 pm

...*Will be the entire chorus to "The One Winged Angel"*

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:32 pm

Bah, I already knew that! AND the translation, or most of it. It's in Latin, after all. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div>

</p>

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:23 am

Ganonfro sings?

So, what, that's him, Mike, KoD, and me, then? Anyone else?

Why do we have more Bards than Songstresses at RPGWW? Isn't it usually the other way around? <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Kakita Ki

Unread postby Kakita Ki » Sat Jun 05, 2004 6:44 am

I can sing but it`s a shame I can`t go to Otakon. And one of my friends can play the theme to FFX on the piano. I should get some of these for her to play. <p>
Obligatory Signature Quotes:
“I’m Beowulf foo`. I’m gonna kill Grendel.”-Me
And remember kids;
"It is an industrial oil. It is not a food."-Canola Oil Urban Legend
</p>

Trom Kehra

Unread postby Trom Kehra » Sat Jun 05, 2004 10:15 am

Wow o.o Maybe playing Sephiroth's theme isn' such a bad Idea after all since we have more singers going to Otakon than instrumentalists XD. Though I do wonder if anyone that is going to Otakon can play an intrument o.o? Also wee need to start picking out songs to play ::nods::. And since Dia was so nice to get the whole going to Otakon together and those who helped ^^;;. We could play Rydia's theme n.n.

Though seriously we do need to start picking out music @.@.

Edit: I almost forgot to mention so that our intruments don't get forgotten or stollen for that matter, if we're going to play at the convention after we're done playing we're going to need to go back to the hotel and put our instruments away right away cause I know how expencive these things can be @.@ ::Has a $3,000 clarinet:: @.@ and we JUST got it payed off!!! XP So yea I know instruments can be really expensive to replace so we'd be going back to the hotel after we were finished playing.

That doesn't mean we play like three songs and then skudoodle, we can play in different area's of the con if anyone wants. Though I do warn you might want to get used to playing for a long time, if not I promise your lips will bo SO swollen the next day it's not even funny XP. Also if anyone wants we can either play for two days or just for one. That's if we're going to play at the convention. @.@. <p>Image</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=tromkehra>Trom]&nbsp; Image at: 6/5/04 10:22 am

Will Rennar

Unread postby Will Rennar » Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:55 pm

Need another tenor/baritone/emergency alto in there? (Please note the "emergency" part of that, as I can't keep my voice in that kind of falsetto for as long as a genuine alto can.) <p>Will Rennar / Asura Calibre

The Rosetta Stone -- The Sketchpad -- Asura's Harem</p>

Ganonfro

Unread postby Ganonfro » Sat Jun 05, 2004 3:55 pm

*Can totally sing Bass 2*

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Sun Jun 06, 2004 1:36 pm

I've been to ffsymphony before, but i found that when I printed out the songs, they were blurry as hell... Maybe my computer's whacked, but I'd like to know how you guys got around that problem, if you did. Or, perhaps I'm just stupid and don't know some kind of important fact abotu printing from sites... <p>_____________
There are three kinds of people in this world...</p>

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Sun Jun 06, 2004 2:36 pm

You do know that you're going to want to practice together for several weeks beforehand if you don't want to sound like utter crap, right? And that most FF songs (that aren't from the SNES and earlier days, at least) were meant to have a director there, you know, directing? It's one thing to want to get together and jam or whatever. It's another thing to want to do something like (potentially) play for hours in front of (potentially) thousands of people with no significant amount of practice beforehand. I suggest you shy away from the latter, you'll feel better about it later.

In other news, I don't plan on bringing either my bass guitar or clarinet, as they'd be extra luggage that I don't want to worry about. <p>
<hr width="70%"><center>Superion, Autobot air gestalt, recently died protecting Los Angeles from a nuclear missile. Rest in peace. :(</center></p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=flamingdeth>FlamingDeth</A] at: 6/6/04 2:37 pm

Trom Kehra

Unread postby Trom Kehra » Sun Jun 06, 2004 5:06 pm

Grr... Deth makes a good point... unless we do get together and actually practice this thing we'll kinda sound silly playing this in front of a lot of people ¬.¬... Also someone would need to direct everyone, and it seems we only have like three people that can play a musical intrument. So Maybe We could try for maybe next year... Though it was a fun idea... Image
Still if anyone wants to play in front of our friends. Though the question is would you be willing to lose your instrument to do so even if it's going to stay in your hotel.

Dark: You save it to your comp you open it with like paint or something like that make it smaller and then print it that's what I did ::nods::. But not too small or you''ll be like "::Blink, blink:: What that next note? -.-?" <p>Image</p>

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Sun Jun 06, 2004 10:28 pm

I can sing "Minimum Wage" by They Might Be Giants =D <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

Will Rennar

Unread postby Will Rennar » Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:29 pm

Hrmmm....maybe we ought to settle for just dominating the Karaoke Revolution setup for a few hours? <p>Will Rennar / Asura Calibre

The Rosetta Stone -- The Sketchpad -- Asura's Harem</p>

Ganonfro

Unread postby Ganonfro » Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:52 pm

...But I'm really a good singer... Going to Area All-State Chorus for 4 years in a row and all... >.>;;

Return to Discussion Forum