TIME ATTACK

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

TIME ATTACK

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Sat May 29, 2004 10:26 pm

You have one week to live. What do you do? <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Prepare to be shocked and awed.

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sat May 29, 2004 10:30 pm

Have sex, for one.

Unload a bunch of angry, waiting to say this forever stuff on my sister.

Break things with a baseball bat.

Do a crapload of praying.

Cry a lot, probably.

Then, die.

Odd how that list looks a lot like "things I should do tomorrow"... <p>--------------------
"Kill her. Then we'll have pizza."

-Scorpius, Farscape

Happy Winter-een-mas!</p>

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Re: Prepare to be shocked and awed.

Unread postby Capntastic » Sun May 30, 2004 12:47 am

Create something beautiful. Be it visual art, writing, or something other.

wkz

Unread postby wkz » Sun May 30, 2004 12:53 am

Be an angst-ball, cry and whine "Why Me?" all the time until time's up.

(j/k)

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun May 30, 2004 1:35 am

Do all the things I've avoided doing on the grounds that they'd be painful/leathal if done incorrectly.

Like skydiving, or looking directly at Bes's mom. <p>

<div style="text-align:center">
Image</div>
<div style="text-align:center">Why Barius has no family reunions.</div></p>

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sun May 30, 2004 1:46 am

What can I say? Most of James's friends are scared of her, Several of Kristen's are scared of her. I was due to have a friend of mine fear her. ^^

Also:

Day 1: Steal the car. Get to Massachusetts. Make passionate love to Dave all day long. ... There may or may not be dorritos/pizza in there between sessions.

Day 2: See Day 1.

Day 3: Break into a microsoft store with a baseball bat, destroy every single copy of Windows XP, NT Server, and ME I can find. edit: Correction: Also every copy of 98.

Day 4: See Day 1.

Day 5: See Day 1, but move the location to the nearest warm water beach.

Day 6: Make peace with people that I don't sit right with/don't sit right with me. ... This may take from teh time I wake up until well into the next morning.

Day 7: Do whatever Dave feels like doing. This may involve revisiting Day 5. <p>

Jeridan: Holder of the "Tastes like Chicken" Award.

"So you're afraid of a man who can't walk in sunlight, can't stand crosses, and is easily dispatched by WOOD?"~Selrahc/KoD</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=besyanteo@rpgww60462>Besyanteo</A]&nbsp; Image at: 5/30/04 1:48 am

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Sun May 30, 2004 2:26 am

About Bes's day1: There really should be some doritos and/or pizza. You gotta pace yourself, bro. I mean, I know you're dying in a week and all, but dayum.

I wouldn't have much to do, actually. I'd have to get everything off my chest that is currently on it... that means revealing my feelings, telling some people things that they really need to hear, and maybe even baring a few dark secrets. Hell, I'd die in a few days anyway, what do I care? Better to die without regrets.

I'd also feel obligated to write up a will. I don't actually own much, and I don't really have an extended family to fight over all my shit, but it still seems like a good idea.

I'd probably do a lot of eating, a lot of crying, and a lot of praying. I'd also like to go to Japan, just for a couple days, to fufill that dream of mine. That might not be feasible, what with travel time and the cost, but it would be a welcome addition to the plan for my last seven days on Earth.

I suppose it's kind of expected to put "sex" on the list, but as much as I talk about it, it's really not that high a priority for me. Besides, it's kind of meaningless without love behind it, and I'm not exactly in that sort of situation right now.

To make love though... yea. That would be nice. That would probably be my biggest regret: that I have never really known what it's like to be so loved by someone. ... no, not physically, jeez. What, are we back in High School now? *smack upside the head*

Wow, that was angsty. Here, I'll make up for it:

Just once, I'd like to kick someone's ass. Or at least something's ass. Maybe take a sledgehammer to an SUV or something. Generally I oppose violence 'cause it doesn't really solve anything... but come on... I'm dying! Just indulge me, or I'll come back to haunt your ass :( And probably the rest of you, as well. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=brainwalker>BrainWalker</A]&nbsp; Image at: 5/30/04 11:49 am

Elementalist Daien

Re: TIME ATTACK

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Sun May 30, 2004 6:18 am

I'd probably spend the whole week in a half-crazy daze. Probably end up laughing maniacally and crying.

When I have some sense, I'd do all the stuff that I never did. Get drugged, drink until I pass out, have sex, I'd probably even sharpen my sword and make everyone who I hate with a passion fear me.

After all, who should I be fearing? I'm going to die in a week! :D

Choark

Unread postby Choark » Sun May 30, 2004 7:23 am

Well, unforantly, with that time line there's not much opurtunity for me to actually do anything I'd really want to, if it happened say tommorow. With no money, and no L337 SKILLZS YO in what I want I couldn't rush and do whatever I wanted.

I couldn't get to Japan, or anywhere else in the world, I couldn't suddenly do an Awsome Art book... and basically I couldn't afford to do much at all. And as I'm already at my depts peek its not like I'd be able to sudenly sort myself out by going crazy with over drafts or anything.

As it is, I kinda try and treat everyday as if it was my last anyway, as it may very well be, which may explain the depts and the lack of forward planning.

I know I wouldn't tell my folks for the most part, last thing I want to to spend my final time with them with tha over our heads. I'd probably just try to spend some time with them and treat everyday the same as the last, I dont have much desire to do anything else.

If it happened in a time I had money... I'd probably try and see Japan or China, just because ever since I can remember I have always wanted to. Other then that?

Ca Sir Ra Sir Ra. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image </div>
<div style="text-align:center">Cowgirl fanboy - Barbarian Ninja - Expert Mouse Catcher - Holder of the Iron Glasses Of Doom!</div></p>

Celeste of Elvenhame

Unread postby Celeste of Elvenhame » Sun May 30, 2004 1:09 pm

Take my boyfriend, best friend and family and go to Destin, Florida. Enjoy the sun, sand, heaven and earth doing whatever I please. Letting all those care know I love them, whatever happens. Connecting to the Earth and drawing down the moon one last time before I go. <p>---------------Celeste of Elvenhame ---------------

Aaron Lewis of Guildportal: On the up side though, most of the remaining bugs are genuinely evil, sentient beings that actively dodge attempts to thwart them.</p>

Will Rennar

Unread postby Will Rennar » Sun May 30, 2004 5:24 pm

Day 1: Say goodbye to my girlfriend in the most dramatic/romantic/memorable way possible...let imagination run as it will.. get to a lawyer, make her sole heir of all my belongings and lone beneficiary of my life insurance. Then, I'd probably abduct her parents and ship them to Syberia.

Day 2: Join the Taliban (stay with me here, it ain't what ya think.)

Day 3-6: Move up the ranks to being Bin Laden's right hand man.

During sleep on day 7: Put the suicide training to a GOOD use and send Osama down with me to Hell.

Hey, if I'm gonna die, I might as well go out in a way worth friggin' remembering! <p>Will Rennar / Asura Calibre

The Rosetta Stone -- The Sketchpad -- Asura's Harem</p>

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Sun May 30, 2004 6:52 pm

It would involve lots of sex and violence. The two would be divorced from each other--this is not A Clockwork Orange. But basically, I'd get out every single urge I'd ever had or say anything I'd ever wanted to say, good or bad, to whoever needed it the most. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div>

</p>

WhiteShadow

Unread postby WhiteShadow » Sun May 30, 2004 9:19 pm

Well, I'd need some serious time to say goodbye to my good friend beer, and then all my other friends - usually while drinking beer.

Perhaps I'd take the rest of the time to write a story, draw something profound, or take the oppurtunity to just be a jerk to everyone. Yeah... <p>-----------------------------------------------------
First, we battle.
Then - we dance!</p>

TheLorax21

Unread postby TheLorax21 » Sun May 30, 2004 10:45 pm

First Day: Fly out to Colorado or somewhere and ski the west coast. I've always wanted to do that.

Day Two: Rent a Hobie and sail it down to the Chesapeake Bay for a day. Preferably a day with wind over 15 knots.

Days Three, Four, Five, and Six: Hole myself up in my room and finish my book. When I'm done, I'll give the manuscript to one of my friends and tell him/her to publish it and give the profits to a charity.

Day Seven: Get up really early and watch the sun rise. Take my dog for a really long walk along the river and let him run around on the beach and get all dirty. He likes that. Then I'd jump in the car and drive up to Lewis Delaware. I'd go play in the waves for a while, then sit and watch the sunset. Then I'd die, peacefully.

Wolfbelly

Unread postby Wolfbelly » Mon May 31, 2004 1:03 am

Day 1: Tell all those close to me what I think about them without any worries of reprisal.
Day 2: Leave town and go as far as my bank account will take me.
Day 3-7: Give in completely to my Id.

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Mon May 31, 2004 3:07 am

I would be galvanized in knowing that my predictions so many years ago were correct--this above all things would give the process more closure than it might for anyone else. I would immediately cease taking my antidepressant medications. All sexual activity would cease--I might even ensure that by lacerative measures. I would continue to go to work as scheduled, and I might even pick up more shifts for the benefit of my colleagues. I would notify my employer of my voluntary termination of employment on the day before my imminent demise. On my off time, when not sleeping, I would arrange to meet with a friend and practice boomboxing until I managed to have some level of skill.

I would go to my parents' house, and play with the family dog. I would say goodbye to my sister. And then, on my deathbed, I would take it as removed from emotion as one might be capable of doing so. I cannot envision myself on my deathbed without a few witty comments passing my lips.

And still I would die with regrets--never having been to a Buddhist monastery in my life. But I am not willing to give up all of the aforementioned actions in favor of 'enlightenment,' no matter how fulfilling the process may be. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=priamnevhausten>PriamNevhausten</A] at: 5/31/04 3:08 am

Lord McBastard

Unread postby Lord McBastard » Mon May 31, 2004 3:30 am

Dunno.

But as far as I'm concerned this thread is doing nothing but tempting fate.

And my reply is begging for irony to strike me down. <p><div style="text-align:center">
"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wagh'nagl fhtagn"-Call of Cthulhu</div>
<div style="text-align:center">"Go tell your alien brothers, that Ronnie Cordova says they're gay!"-Ronnie Cordova</div></p>Edited by: Lord McBastard&nbsp; Image at: 5/31/04 4:59 am

Celeste of Elvenhame

Unread postby Celeste of Elvenhame » Mon May 31, 2004 12:09 pm

*wonders what boomboxing is* <p>---------------Celeste of Elvenhame ---------------

Aaron Lewis of Guildportal: On the up side though, most of the remaining bugs are genuinely evil, sentient beings that actively dodge attempts to thwart them.</p>

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Mon May 31, 2004 4:35 pm

[url=http://media.ebaumsworld.com/index.php?e=beatbox.wmv>Cease] <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Mon May 31, 2004 7:18 pm

Priam apparantly wants to be his very own sound studio. After listening to that guy, I'd have to say that's a noble aspiration. It's really rare to find someone that's that damn good at it... usually it just ends up being annoying. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:09 pm

In theory, the same stuff I normally do. This is a situation where no matter what you say, what ends up happening is likely going to be different. Also, it depends on the means of death -- am I just going to die in my sleep, or am I slowly deteriorating to the point that I wouldn't be able walk on the last day? That would change things, I think. <p>
<hr width="70%"><center>Superion, Autobot air gestalt, recently died protecting Los Angeles from a nuclear missile. Rest in peace. :(</center></p>

spriteeditor

Unread postby spriteeditor » Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:16 pm

Die the second one of those television "healers" say be healed. A funny thing I heard...

Ganonfro

Unread postby Ganonfro » Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:43 pm

One word, Priam.

Masturbate.

......>.> Seriously, why try to do everything you wanted to? It's pointless when you're going to die, and not savor the fact that you did it.... Unless you die because you save the world, or something...

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Sun Jun 06, 2004 10:25 pm

And what would masturbation accomplish, hm? My final days are going to be accompanied by serenity and clarity of mind, thank you very much. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Sun Jun 06, 2004 10:49 pm

Quite frankly, I wouldn't do much if I were to die. It's something that I've actually thought about before, though not with intent to make happen.

I would announce it to everybody that I knew, and then arrange my own funeral. I know the preacher whom would preside, and if he's still living when I die, that's who I want to be at my funeral. If not, it's going to be his son, who's almost as good. Quite frankly, he'd be wittier than I would at my final days. I would give several people that I'm particularly close to things to do, things that would take them years, just to take their minds off the pain.

...I would leave my tombstone up to the family, however. <p>
<span style="font-size:x-small;">"The Bible is the greatest book ever. It's filled with prostitutes, liars, conquering kings, killers, murderers, and political intrigue. How can you go wrong?" ~My preacher.</span></p>

Return to Discussion Forum