Priority in saving the world?

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

Lord McBastard

Priority in saving the world?

Unread postby Lord McBastard » Thu May 06, 2004 8:58 am

Something was floating around in my head the other day.

You are given limitless control of all natural, monatary, and military resources on the planet. You are allowed to solve one problem and only oen problem with the world today. What problem do you solve and how?

Keep in mind you can't will something to happen you have to honestly come up with a solution. A war because you say so you actually have to figure out a way to end it. Hopefully something more creative and intelligent than "Nuke both sides". <p><div style="text-align:center">
"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wagh'nagl fhtagn"-Call of Cthulhu</div>
<div style="text-align:center">"Go tell your alien brothers, that Ronnie Cordova says they're gay!"-Ronnie Cordova</div></p>

Choark

Re: Priority in saving the world?

Unread postby Choark » Thu May 06, 2004 9:27 am

You can't. I honestly believe that it is simply impossible to solve huge world problems by just thinking up one solution and saying "yeah, that'll do". All the worlds problems are far too complex and deeply routed into the people to be solved by throwing money at it. So ... the problem I'm going to solve is different. I believe in sorting yaself, friends and family out first, the world can sort itself out. The worlds just too big for simple old me.

So...

I'd buy all my mates a house and a car. Worse comes to worse they could always sell both and get some money that way.

I'd then put aside a ton of money for my Plan - and sort some stuff out with my family, like buy some people a house and a car - and after all that perhaps buy myself a house and a car. Then I'd leave an extra 2 million on the side for myself to do with what I want. There, any problems I face in life will basically be sorted with those easy steps.

Or nothings sorted but everythings made a little easier for me. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image </div>
<div style="text-align:center">Cowgirl fanboy - Barbarian Ninja - Expert Mouse Catcher - Holder of the Iron Glasses Of Doom!</div></p>

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Thu May 06, 2004 1:54 pm

We kill everyone. Then there won't be any problems. Or, at least, they won't be our problems. <p>

"Crazy is good." - Luffy, One Piece
</p>

The Great Nevareh

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Thu May 06, 2004 2:19 pm

One thing, eh? Okay, this is a bit complex and might not fall into the category of "one thing," but it is a good way to get around some of the world's problems.

With limitless control over the World's resources, I set myself up as a godlike (yet benevolent) dictator who lives somewhere out of reach and wields unimaginable power. Abolish all borders, show people that opposing me only leads to their own destruction. Tell them to get along. Describe that there should be ways to make things work, that resources aren't as scarce as people are acting like they are, feed the hungry, treat the sick, educate the ignorant, with the little overhanging warning of "OR ELSE."

With a single, omnipotent dictator, the world would either fall to its knees or show a unified concerted effort to get rid of it. After five hundred years of this dictatorship, people will hardly understand the global separitism that had existed beforehand, and they would all be working together on one goal or another. When this happens, I set up a global federal-style government and I disappear, OR I get overthrown by the resistance and let them fend for themselves.

How's THAT for solving the world's problems?
Remember that a lot of the world's problems are deeply-rooted and complex, even though they don't *have* to be. There are dizzyingly simple solutions that don't get implemented because people are so worked up about the problems that they cease to focus on how to solve it and instead think of how to solve it to their advantage. Or how to make the problem go away, which isn't the same thing as solving it. There are certainly a lot of problems that are extremely complex and require extremely complex solutions, but these are problems that don't have much to do with resource allocation, which makes up a surprising number of the "complex" problems the world faces. <p>"There is great disorder under Heaven, and the situation is excellent."
-Mao Tse-Tung</p>

Choark

Unread postby Choark » Thu May 06, 2004 6:58 pm

Well I once worked out how to solve Irelands problems.

In Ireland, kill anyone over 2 years old. Anyone. Raise all the kids together, telling them about some plague or shit whipped out all there parents, and don't even mention once about Ireland being split North and South.

This way all memory of the split will have been erased from the Irish's memory and they can all finally get along.

Then they find out what we did, and unite to do exactly the same thing to use. But techically it could work, if you totally and utterly make sure you kill everyone 2+ years old. Completely and utterly morally devoid though and I wouldn't recommend doing it, but yeah. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image </div>
<div style="text-align:center">Cowgirl fanboy - Barbarian Ninja - Expert Mouse Catcher - Holder of the Iron Glasses Of Doom!</div></p>

WhiteShadow

Unread postby WhiteShadow » Thu May 06, 2004 9:36 pm

Well, personally, I'd buy out power companies across the world, putting the people onto renewable energy, thus stopping the need for fossil fuels.

With the planet given more time to survive, that'll give us time to sort out the rest of the problems in the world... <p>-----------------------------------------------------
First, we battle.
Then - we dance!</p>

Wolfbelly

Unread postby Wolfbelly » Fri May 07, 2004 4:48 am

I would solve the problem about me not being the world dictator.

I would manage this by spending insanely abundant cash-money to hire and train an elite fighting force. After buying the ignorance and loyalty of multiple governments, I would then allow them to continue doing as they wished, assuming that what they wished was in line with my plans. This would be easy to achieve, because governments with groups of people leading them are susceptible to the corruption of many, whereas governments with only one ruler often have a ruler who is self interested. Thus, the between obeying my benevolent and absent rule or facing death is a really easy one.

Once I achieved a stranglehold upon the world leadership, I would nudge international relations to a single world order. Then, I would institute an unimaginably large system of thought control, uniting everyone within one mode of thought.

Would people be unhappy? Yes.
Would there be war? Only by those who are unhappy.
Would the majority of people be unhappy? No. It's all just a matter of structuring your world government so that it satisfies most people all of the time.

Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Unread postby Spleen » Fri May 07, 2004 11:59 pm

I would buy all the weapons off everybody. Every nuclear, chemical, explosive - hell, even projectile - weapon. And I'd melt down all the guns and bullets and stuff and give everyone who sold me their gun a sword. Then I'd bribe everybody and everything into passing strict laws against the manufacture of more non-sword weapons (supported by the promise of an extremely generous cash reward for anyone, government-affiliated or otherwise, who informs the proper authorities, namely me). That way, all conflicts in the world would have to be solved the way everyone used to solve them - with swords. And, because killing someone with a sword while you're riding in a jeep or tank is annoying, it'd be swords on horseback. Or at least motorcycles. That way, there'd be no extremely deadly weapons, except the ones I would keep in my bedroom closet (It'd be a big fucking closet, let me tell you). Eventually, people would forget how to use other weapons or even that these other weapons existed, except for my successor (or his, or his after that). Think Isaac Asimov's Foundation; Everyone forgot about nuclear power except the Foundation, so they had a whole lot of authority with the other planets, because if they were treated well, they could send some of their "priests" to teach them the "religion" of science. I'd be like that, except with the added bonus of getting to watch armies hack each other up with swords again :D <p>_________________
OLHADO: "You killed more people than anybody in history."
ENDER: "Be the best at whatever you do, that's what my mother always told me."
-Lauro Suleimão "Olhado" Ribeira and Ender Wiggin, Speaker for the Dead</p>

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Sat May 08, 2004 12:12 am

My way of keeping my tyrannical hold on the world government will be to focus on the threat of alien invasion.

I will begin by taking control of the media and spreading massive amounts of propaganda designed to convince the people of the world that extraterrestrial invasion is a very real threat and that only unquestioning loyalty to me will allow them to survive. No matter how ridiculous something may sound at first, if its all anyone hears about for a long enough time, they will believe it. By the time I am done, the masses will be ready to string up anyone who so much as questions my judgement on the allocation of funds to the construction of a new restroom at a theme park, believing that the dissident is conspiring with extraterrestrial forces. I will, of course, employ a secret police to ensure that the people's will is done in this respect.

My next step will be to develop nano-technology. During this phase of my program, the main focus of the world's resources be on the research and production of microscopic nanites that will be capable of synthesizing and delivering nutrients to all the cells in the body, healing any injuries, and destroying the germs and toxins that cause disease. These machines will also keep the minds of any organism which they are injected into linked to a central system that will keep them under its control and in a state that can only be described as a constant non-inhibiting high. Any person who "escapes" the system will immediately want back in.

The third step will be to create a perpetually functioning machine. I will accomplish this by gathering all the material and energy in the universe and dropping them into two black holes which will be close enough to each other that their event horizons will cross each other. Of course, I will keep their singularities held in place so that they don't fall into each other. Two white holes will be placed between the two black holes, and a third black hole will be placed between the two white holes. The three black holes will be linked to the two white holes so that any matter or energy that falls into the black holes will emerge from the white holes in another form and then fall back into the black holes (etc.). After this system is in place, I will simply gather matter and energy as it emerges from the white holes to use as fuel and then dump the waste into the black holes.

Finally, to actually deal with the alien problem, I will begin sending fleets into alternate realities to assimilate any life forms that exist there and to gather more matter, antimatter, and energy. As there are supposedly an infinite number of alternate realities, I should be able to wage war against aliens for the rest of eternity, thereby ensuring that I remain in power forever. If, on the other hand, I do actually run out of universes to conquer, I'll willingly retire. If there are no more wars left to fight, I will just get bored anyway. <p>If you are reading this, it means that I am logged in.</p>

Nick Shogun

guns and tots

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Sun May 09, 2004 2:16 am

I'd, for one, use magic to risd the world of bullets. Not guns, bullets.

Like, if you fired a bullet of any sort out of a gun of any sort, it would disintegrate as soon as it left the muzzle. People could build guns, but they'd be useless.

That's a step in the right direction, I think. Hopefully humans can do the rest.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Re: guns and tots

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Fri May 14, 2004 8:14 pm

Hm... Kill off the entire population, get rid of weapons, set yourself s an omnipotent ruler, I hate to say this, but I don't think any of these would work. Personally, I would do this:

Take over the world, as was said earlier, and abolish borders and all that jazz, but instead of setting myself up as an omnipotent ruler, I would set up a world government. It would be set up a little bit like the US government, where there are a lot of checks and balances, so this way no one can get insanely powerful and rule the world. You see, if I were to set myself up as the extreme ruler, then that would mean that my children would be the rulers as well, and although I might be trying to save the world, and may not go insane with power, nor my son, or my grandson, somewhere down the line, someone will be insane, and take over the world with some kind of idiotic plan to destroy the galaxy or something. Kind of like the Roman Empire. Some good emporers, lots of bad ones, they try to become even more powerful, they screw up Rome. If you set up this whole check and balance thing, no one gets too powerful.

Also, there will be no weapons of any kind on the planet, except for the ones under the government's control. They will be under lock and key, in case some psycho does somehow get weapons, then we can kill him/her. That is how I would solve the worlds problems.

Still, and I hate to say this because it sounds really pessimistic, but I think that humans will never be able to make peace. There will always be some psychotic idiot that will try and ruin everything, and then he'll somehow pull it off and the world will be thrown back into chaos... again... Still, that's just my theory... <p>_____________
There are three kinds of people in this world...</p>

Iceexplosive

Unread postby Iceexplosive » Thu May 27, 2004 2:32 pm

Greed and control are probably two problems that annoy me the most...so get rid of the control freak's because these are the ones that limit other's growth, particulalry if they are not administering the wealth in any fair or equitable manner. When you have an equality in the state of others well being, then you have no need for greed, as one does not have to feel more or less endowered than the other. Of course this will mean a substantialy downsizing in the wealth of the greedy, but should lead to a more happy community standard due to the now demolished resentment barriers of less and more...

Check out our free Auctions...Lipcrack <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div><div style="text-align:center">Lipcrack New Free Services,
Just another reason to Visit</div></p>

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Thu May 27, 2004 2:51 pm

First, no more weapons for anyone who isn't my army.

Second, no more money. People loving it is the root of all evil. From then on, he who asks shall receive. It'll take a while for things to stabilize, but they will.

Third, every scientific mind with any expertise on the issue will be put to the task of getting mass amounts of people off this planet and into Mars biodomes, and after that, Alpha Centauri biodomes. First with sleeper vessels, then hopefully by virtue of actual faster-than-light propulsion systems. The less people crowding this cramped planet, the better.

Then we clean up the environment, then the only thing left is to develop holosuites. Then I could die a happy dictator.

"I never thought they'd port Halo to the XVRBox... O.O My heart! *collapse*" <p>--------------------
"Kill her. Then we'll have pizza."

-Scorpius, Farscape

Happy Winter-een-mas!</p>

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Thu May 27, 2004 2:52 pm

Communist. :( <-that's to Iceexplosive.

EDIT: And no more weapons for people that aren't army? No thanks, but I like my swords, my hunting rifle, and hey, I even like going to the range every once in a while and doing some pistol shooting, too! And why not take weapons away from armies, too then? Leaving armies with weapons and taking them away from everyone else is just begging for oppression. That's the reason for the American second constitutional amendment, see. Oh, and on a similar note, if you take away people's wepaons, they just make new ones out of the most unlikely things. Happened before and it'll happen again.

Also, with no money, what else are you going to do to encourage people to do more than the bare minimum of work? The thing with money in a capitalist system is that if someone is willing to work harder, the get more money, and can do whatever with it. They tried doing away with it in soviet Russia, and people got lazy because they knew they wouldn't get anything extra for doing more work.

Establishing "biodomes" is a technology issue, not a human nature issue, so I'm not going to touch it.

"Cleaning up the environment" is terribly vague, and probably wouldn't be all that possible after using up so many resources putting up "biodomes" everwhere. Really, shipping enouhg people off the planet to actually make a difference in world population wouldn't be an easy task.

And virtual reality would be awesome, I'll grant you that.

*is done tearing the crap out of Chuck's ideas!* <p>
<hr width="70%"><center>Superion, Autobot air gestalt, recently died protecting Los Angeles from a nuclear missile. Rest in peace. :(</center></p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=flamingdeth>FlamingDeth</A] at: 5/27/04 3:02 pm

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Thu May 27, 2004 3:18 pm

Allow me to rebutt.

First off, oppression is the idea. Or rather, control. I don't see the point in making the other changes if I don't have the muscle to back it up.

Second, you make a good point on the shoddy workmanship thing. But then again, I shop at Zellers. It should have to at least be usable. Doesn't need to be great. Just have to work. We have too much of an attachment on nice things anyways.

Third, putting our resources towards the biodomes would be a gamble. I am slightly hoping there will be useful minerals on Mars. I'll think up a plan B sometime later.

Fourth, EVERYTHING will be ported. EVERYTHING! MWAHAHAHAHAHA! <p>--------------------

-Scorpius, Farscape

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Thu May 27, 2004 3:25 pm

...But why would they work _at all_ without the incentive of money? <p>

"Never let your morals get in the way of doing what is right" - Salvor Hardin</p>

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Thu May 27, 2004 3:26 pm

IN REVERSE!

FF5 in VR! Bizarre, how would that work?

There's iron on Mars, we already know that, that's why it's red. But I was thinking more in terms of fuel, because whether you go with fossile fuels or nuclear, or some new energy source, you're going to need fuel of some sort, and that's something I'm fairly certain Mars *doesn't* have.

If you're having heart surgery, are you rather the doctor cared what happened and was using high quality intruments, or would you be fine with him starting working without gloves after eating ribs, and using a scalple made of granite? Or how 'bout driving a car, but since no one cares about making it, it gets half a mile to the gallon and puts out so much carbon monoxide that being within ten feet of the tailpipe is fatal?

I don't like oppression, it sort of supresses creativity and things, and I still like my swords, and my guns, and you can't have them. :(

EDIT FOR IDRAN: Because otherwise they'll get shot, that's the way it worked in the Soviet Union. :O <p>
<hr width="70%"><center>Superion, Autobot air gestalt, recently died protecting Los Angeles from a nuclear missile. Rest in peace. :(</center></p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=flamingdeth>FlamingDeth</A] at: 5/27/04 3:34 pm

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Thu May 27, 2004 3:35 pm

FF5 in VR would work by recreating the landscape in 3D, and having the menus be accessed mentally. Or you calling them out to your digital teammates, whatever.

Eh, I don't know for sure. I'll leave that up to the programmers. <p>--------------------

-Scorpius, Farscape

Iceexplosive

Unread postby Iceexplosive » Thu May 27, 2004 7:18 pm

Actually Communism would suggest that the Government run's the economy and distributes the wealth....I don't believe in communism because like any other form of Government it mean's you rely on the Government to administor for you...I believe in self administration or self indvidualization where everyone helps and assists each other...if you do that, you'll also find that you lose your need for gun's...which really are a major hassle for quite a few innocent indviduals living on the Planet, which you often overlook because it's one of your biggest money making industries...which personally doesn't win you to many cookie points from a humanitarian... <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div><div style="text-align:center">Lipcrack New Free Services,

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Thu May 27, 2004 7:36 pm

Dear Ice

http://www.somethingpositive.net/sp12102002.shtml

Also, I own swords, and have yet to have a fatality. It's called craft; it's an art form. I would think someone who is dedicated to an 'art' would be able to grok that little bit :(

Stuffyou,
Pervy.
<p>
-------------------------------------
NebbieQ: After all, nothing says romance like fighting the forces of Cobra and Druggies with a Rocket Launcher of 80s Justice.</p>Edited by: Uncle Pervy&nbsp; Image at: 5/27/04 7:58 pm

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Thu May 27, 2004 8:53 pm

And actually, you're wrong about that, Ice. True communism as originally esposed by Marx states that there is to be _no_ government running things: it is based completely around the self-assistance you've mentioned, and was intended to be a world-wide system once the proletariat reached a certain size and began their "inevitable" overthrow of the ruling capitalist class in each of the various nations. The only reason the USSR had to set one up is that when their own workers rebelled in this manner, the workers in other nations (most specifically, Germany, who they were still fighting during WWI) didn't, and so they had to do _something_ to keep Germany from overrunning them.

And before you say that the people would fight to defend the country of their own accord: No, they wouldn't. The citizens were already horribly tired of the constant suffering they had been going through since the start of the war, and if they hadn't been forced to continue fighting by the government, they likely would have just given up. <p>

"Never let your morals get in the way of doing what is right" - Salvor Hardin</p>

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Thu May 27, 2004 9:08 pm

Ice, why do you still post here? <p><Chat> <Matto says, "What's up?"
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Angst."
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Drama."
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Betrayal."
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Plushies."</p>

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Fri May 28, 2004 1:58 am

That's a good question.

Also, something for Ice. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Iceexplosive

Unread postby Iceexplosive » Fri May 28, 2004 2:31 pm

Actually it's a craft based around an Industry...an Industry that has been created out of a need, due to
1. People invading territories that they have no historical or religious rights in claim to...

Therefore the craft as you call it (Weapons Industry), was developed
1. As a defense mechanism to defend against invaders
2. As a killing mechanism to assist the process of invading

In fact the first swordsmiths were employed by the ruling eliete to provide them with protective mechansims...my question if you are treating people on the planet fairly and justly why would you need weapons. Again, weapons have been utilized when people have been unable to negotiate.

Also as far as the male ego goes, well it probably servers the purpose of filling some inadequace..usually lack of intelligence,
poor communication skills and in some cases it serves as a boost for poor sexual performance...tell me which one is it with you ??

Another thing, when you refer to it as a craft I'm not sure
whether you do so in terms of Role Playing Games, which
again are based around a games industry, again, based on
mythology, and it preserves the "craft" as you put it, in a fairy style manner. But the fact is, that the Fairy story that you like to perpetuate, also creates a real life case senario, where people actually feel they are defending a good cause and will go and draw real weapons, and lets face it, the m-16 or whatever is the latest weapon, it's really just the advancement of a killing mechanism that's evolved in form from the sword to today's prefered killing mechanism...

So in reply why do I bother coming back to this board,.,,I have no idea, because it serves no good purpose that I'm aware of... <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div><div style="text-align:center">Lipcrack New Free Services,

Iceexplosive

Unread postby Iceexplosive » Fri May 28, 2004 2:45 pm

And to say I'm wrong seem's in appropriate too, because
1. I never mentioned self - assistance in my terminology, and if you wan't to sprout marxism as a comparison to my own thoughts well that also seems inappropriate as I am not refering to marxism, although there may be some similarities.

Also your comparison with USSR and Germany also seem's inappropriate as you are drawing upon situations based at a certain point in time in the past. If you alway's refer to the past you will alway's live in the past, and that is something that will inhibit your path forward. You need a positive mind set focused on good, to bring about good, not bad, based upon evil -.e.g greed, control,

The ideology that I'm refering to, is based around the principle that individual's can accept their own life responsibilites without the need for mechansims in place to control them, and live their lives in peace doing those thing's that do not cause vindictive harm to others.

<p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div><div style="text-align:center">Lipcrack New Free Services,

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Fri May 28, 2004 3:04 pm

Too long, didn't care. <p>
-------------------------------------
NebbieQ: After all, nothing says romance like fighting the forces of Cobra and Druggies with a Rocket Launcher of 80s Justice.</p>

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Fri May 28, 2004 3:05 pm

This has nothing to do with the thread go away Ice <p><Chat> <Matto says, "What's up?"
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Angst."
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Drama."
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Betrayal."
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Plushies."</p>

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Fri May 28, 2004 3:52 pm

Alright I'll throw away all my weapons and wrestle my moose with my bare hands to get my meat. THANK YOU YOU'VE SHOWN ME THE LIGHT! <p>
<hr width="70%"><center>Superion, Autobot air gestalt, recently died protecting Los Angeles from a nuclear missile. Rest in peace. :(</center></p>

Choark

Unread postby Choark » Fri May 28, 2004 4:26 pm

As a matter of interest Fdeth: How often do you go out and hunt for your own food? and do you have to or do you just do it for the thrill of the hunt, or the feeling of just caught meat? <p><div style="text-align:center">Image </div>

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Fri May 28, 2004 4:37 pm

Whenever I want moose, as it isn't sold in stores. And it isn't matter of just me. When a farmer wants to go sell ground beef at the market, how is he supposed to kill his cow? Punch it to death? <p>
<hr width="70%"><center>Superion, Autobot air gestalt, recently died protecting Los Angeles from a nuclear missile. Rest in peace. :(</center></p>

Choark

Unread postby Choark » Fri May 28, 2004 4:45 pm

I believe that comes under "Tools of the trade" which normal day folks wouldn't need.

Unless you're constantly attacked by baers of course, as God knows American cities need them automatic guns to defend themselves from them. The killers of people that they are.

----

And aside from that I was just honestly interested. Cause it sounded like you went Moose hunting (or just hunting in general for ya food), which would be interesting.

Also you were making some weird point that could behandled easily instead and I am upset. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image </div>

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Fri May 28, 2004 10:48 pm

Quote:
The ideology that I'm refering to, is based around the principle that individual's can accept their own life responsibilites without the need for mechansims in place to control them, and live their lives in peace doing those thing's that do not cause vindictive harm to others.

...And that _is_ Marxist communism. Almost by definition. I'm almost tempted to post many quotes from The Communist Manifesto to prove it, but I really don't care enough to bother proving you wrong. <p>

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Sat May 29, 2004 10:36 am

Idran, we're just not Indie enough for Ice.

Edit: And if you want to know what I'd do, go read Huxley's Brave New World. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div>

</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=archmage144>Archmage144</A]&nbsp; Image at: 5/29/04 10:37 am

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Sat May 29, 2004 5:34 pm

AM would turn everyone into emotional infants? Crazy.

Iceexplosive

Unread postby Iceexplosive » Sat May 29, 2004 8:09 pm

nah man, where does communism come into my theory...because 1. I haven't said anything about State Ownership, acutally I believe in Free Enterprise , with humanitarian concern, which you keep overlooking. By the way I only did fisrt year Sociology at Uni, so if you continue to refer to principles that were recognised or "created" as you'd like to think, by individual's in the past, you are also failing to recognise that any person born and living now, has the potential to rationalize their own thought form
1. As a consequence to their surroundings /environment
and
2. As a consequence of their own life experience, both the negative and positive as a result of those that continue to favor past theories rather than being progressive and developing their own..

You must admit someone who seem's as knowledgeable (whether correct or incorrect in your assumptions), must recognise that...or perhap's it's too forward thinking for you ?? <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div><div style="text-align:center">Lipcrack New Free Services,

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sat May 29, 2004 8:39 pm

...OK.

*PLONK* <p>

Return to Discussion Forum