Plans for trip

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Plans for trip

Unread postby Kelne » Sat Apr 10, 2004 2:45 pm

Well, my time at the ski resort is pretty much ended, so my travels begin on monday. I figure I'll arrive in the Dayton area either friday or saturday. No real arrangements for accommodations thus far, but such is life. <p>"80% of my so-called friends would happily push me in front of a bus. Of course, the next time I saw them, I'd be driving the bus." - David McPhale, as Rob Muldoon</p>

Archmage144

Re: Plans for trip

Unread postby Archmage144 » Sat Apr 10, 2004 4:24 pm

The Dayton area, you say? Exactly where in the Dayton area do you plan to arrive? If you're coming in through the airport or somesuch, I might be able to do something for you.

Give me some more details and I'll see if I can't work something out. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div>

</p>

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Sat Apr 10, 2004 11:29 pm

The Dayton area, you say? Exactly where in the Dayton area do you plan to arrive? If you're coming in through the airport or somesuch, I might be able to do something for you.

Give me some more details and I'll see if I can't work something out. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Sun Apr 11, 2004 12:13 am

BW, why did you copy and paste my post o_O? <p>

</p>

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:03 am

Dude, did you really have to ask? XP

It was pretty much what I wanted to say, and that was more amusing than doing the usual "what he said" thing.

Shame on you for making me explain my actions : ( <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Sun Apr 11, 2004 12:25 pm

He kinda needs to reply, so we can actually do something for him. o_o Does anyone have any means of contacting Kelne? <p>

</p>

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Sun Apr 11, 2004 12:55 pm

I'm coming in at the greyhound station. As far as the contacting goes, it'll have to be via the board or email, since I've lost my cellphone. <p>"80% of my so-called friends would happily push me in front of a bus. Of course, the next time I saw them, I'd be driving the bus." - David McPhale, as Rob Muldoon</p>

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Sun Apr 11, 2004 2:06 pm

Okay. I don't know where the Greyhound station in Dayton is, but that's easy to figure out.

The unfortunate part is that since I live at home and my parents are not likely to want to invite random strangers to stay with them for undetermined amounts of time, I'm probably not able to provide those sorts of accomodations. BW might be more capable in that regard, but I can't say anything for certain.

Priam recently moved out (read: was thrown out) of his house--but I can get in contact with him fairly easily, and he might be able to do something for you. <p>

</p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sun Apr 11, 2004 2:14 pm

Dude. Someone is picking me up for Kelne meetings. <p>
<center>Image</center></p>

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Sun Apr 11, 2004 3:00 pm

If Kelne's coming in this weekend as predicted, I'm willing to do that. <p>

</p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sun Apr 11, 2004 3:43 pm

Awesome! <p>
<center>Image</center></p>

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Sun Apr 11, 2004 7:29 pm

Greyhound.

Take 35 west into downtown Dayton, get off on the Main St/Jefferson exit. Turn right off the exit, then stay on the left side. Greyhound will be perhaps two intersections down, on the left side.

Also, if there is absolutely no alternative, I can pull some strings and incur some favors--you will have a place to stay. Just let me know if that is the case. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>Edited by: [url=http://b3.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=priamnevhausten>PriamNevhausten</A] at: 4/11/04 7:31 pm

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Apr 12, 2004 1:35 am

I have a vague idea where the Greyhound station is. I'll gladly accompany anyone going, or go myself if needs be.

Edit: Have a clue what time you'll be arriving at all?

Edit2: Any idea how long you'll be staying?

Edited by: [url=http://b3.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=unclepervy@rpgww60462>Uncle]&nbsp; Image at: 4/12/04 1:39 am

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Mon Apr 12, 2004 4:29 pm

Well, I'm still deciding how long to spend in Denver. At any rate, whether on friday or saturday (saturday seems more likely at the moment), I'll be arriving sometime around 3:30, and staying for a few days. My timetable's pretty flexible in that regard. I should have my plans for that leg of the trip finalised within the next couple of days.

Ironically, I finally tracked down my cellphone a couple of hours after my last post. Not that it has any money on it yet. So if anybody feels they need my number for arrangements, drop me an email and I'll pass it along. <p>"80% of my so-called friends would happily push me in front of a bus. Of course, the next time I saw them, I'd be driving the bus." - David McPhale, as Rob Muldoon</p>

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Apr 13, 2004 2:54 am

The time of your arrival is excellent. One of us should be able to get you pretty easy.

As for arrangements, I'm thinking that Dia's may be best in the long run, maybe after a night with BW.

But I'm not pledging people's houses. ^^; Still, that's where I'd look and see if it's doable.

Shiranai

Unread postby Shiranai » Tue Apr 13, 2004 3:57 am

I intend to be seeing the lot of you as well. I'm off Saturday and can probably have off Sunday. Unfortunately, I have no car and no lodgings in Dayton. Though I am willing to help on gas if need be. It's been far too long since I've seen any RPGWWers. Otakon in fact. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Spilling black and red down the drain
It's not rain
But blood and ink, the same I shed
When paused to think
Through days smeared across the ghosts
Of futures unrequited
Takes hosts of angels to lift my arm
Raised to Heaven through unlighted leagues of void
Weary, paranoid, solitary, secondary
Sadistic, holistic, virtuoso
Trembolo, piccolo, crescendo...
And I die. Only to find I can cry again. </div></p>

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Tue Apr 13, 2004 11:04 am

Well, two persons is probably the maximum occupancy my mom is willing to support. And two nights is probably the longest amount of time she'd be willing to put up with random company. These values might change 'cause we've got company right now, but they'll be gone by the weekend. I need to talk to her about it, and also get some more details from people. "I'll be arriving sometime around sometime around 3:30, and staying for a few days." is a little nebulous. And I have no idea what Dia's plans are.

Might it be possible for Kelne to switch out and stay with AM after a couple days if his parents got a chance to meet him while he was staying here?

Also, I need to get Kelne's cell number. And probably his email so I can get his cell number. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Tue Apr 13, 2004 3:58 pm

Well, arrival time is 3:35 on saturday, in theory. Can't entirely trust the bus service for punctuality. And my somewhat nebulous timetable allows for me to stay for up to 3 days.

My email is available in my profile. <p>"80% of my so-called friends would happily push me in front of a bus. Of course, the next time I saw them, I'd be driving the bus." - David McPhale, as Rob Muldoon</p>

Return to Discussion Forum